RightStuf - Bargain Bin Blowout up to 95% off MSRP thru. Dec, 7

man, they are such asses. Ive been trying to add the Le Chevalier D'Eon dvds to my order for a few days now and they just charged mefor my order so i cant now

[quote name='refusedchaos']man, they are such asses. Ive been trying to add the Le Chevalier D'Eon dvds to my order for a few days now and they just charged mefor my order so i cant now[/quote]

How does that make them asses?

Is Serial Experiments Lain worth it? I remember watching a couple when it was on cartoon network back in the day and just thought it was weird and stupid (this was the dub). I feel that my views have changed over the years and am willing to give this a shot. Yay or nay?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']How does that make them asses?[/QUOTE]

cause ive been trying for about a week now and got no response. now i gotta make a seaprate order, shipping is $8 so i might as well go the whole $49+ on dvds...thus i have to spend more

[quote name='bigl523']Is Serial Experiments Lain worth it? I remember watching a couple when it was on cartoon network back in the day and just thought it was weird and stupid (this was the dub). I feel that my views have changed over the years and am willing to give this a shot. Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Yay; it's very...awkward, I guess you could say. As someone who deals with networking on a daily basis the "Wired" world intrigued me, the story is a bit convoluted but overall I enjoyed the anime, though at first I didn't. It's starts getting more interesting towards the middle of the series if I remember correctly.

[quote name='refusedchaos']cause ive been trying for about a week now and got no response. now i gotta make a seaprate order, shipping is $8 so i might as well go the whole $49+ on dvds...thus i have to spend more[/QUOTE]

Calling them will always generate the fastest response. I've done it, they're very courteous and will try to help you to the best of their ability.

I've made four orders so far...I think I may have went a little overboard this time around. >_< Between RightStuf, DeepDiscount, Secondspin...no I don't want to think about it.

[quote name='bigl523']Is Serial Experiments Lain worth it? I remember watching a couple when it was on cartoon network back in the day and just thought it was weird and stupid (this was the dub). I feel that my views have changed over the years and am willing to give this a shot. Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

It's a great anime and still offers quite a bit to say on the idea of computer life and real life overlapping (which is certainly even more the case today). It is also is very visually striking.

[quote name='Grico']It's a great anime and still offers quite a bit to say on the idea of computer life and real life overlapping (which is certainly even more the case today). It is also is very visually striking.[/quote]

Hmmm, seeing how it would cost me about $20 to rent all the dvd's I guess it's worth it to own all 4 discs for $30 shipped.

I was going to skip this sale... but I found out I'm getting a promotion at work as of next week, sorta- part-time supervisor up to full time supervisor. Same job, more hours, benefits, and a lil' pay raise. :bouncy: So I figured I could splurge a little.

I got Soultaker 1-4, Wild Arms 1 w/ box and 3-5 (got 2 from Amazon), and the Stellvia boxset from the weekly specials. Getting the artbox for 99 cents more makes me glad I waited.

I'm stuck now though- do I place a second order for Madlax or not? I'm kinda curious, I know I want the singles (for extras) and this is the cheapest way to get them right now... but every time I look at it, I just see Noir. I liked Noir OK, but enough to 'buy it again', so to speak. What do you guys think? Should I?

[quote name='refusedchaos']cause ive been trying for about a week now and got no response. now i gotta make a seaprate order, shipping is $8 so i might as well go the whole $49+ on dvds...thus i have to spend more[/QUOTE]

Umm... you did call, right? Not just email? I've never known them to ignore a called request, but with a sale like this I bet the emails are backed up.

i cant call them since they are only open mon - fri 5am - 2pm PST and im in my programming class at those times :[ . And no they are not backed up cause i asked them about my My-Hime box AND to add to my order in a email a few days ago and they responded but only answered my My-Hime box question

[quote name='DuelLadyS']
I'm stuck now though- do I place a second order for Madlax or not? I'm kinda curious, I know I want the singles (for extras) and this is the cheapest way to get them right now... but every time I look at it, I just see Noir. I liked Noir OK, but enough to 'buy it again', so to speak. What do you guys think? Should I?

[/QUOTE]

If you liked Noir you should like Madlax, its got similarities but its not so similar that its like watching Noir again. It has a lot less of the run and gun mission stuff from Noir and a greater focus on conspiracy. It was enjoyable, I think it ended up a being a bit less good than Noir though.

Yeah, I wanted to get SoulTaker, but the other options are too temping.

What I figure I'll end up doing is getting Elfen Lied + My Hime to top me off at $51.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i cant call them since they are only open mon - fri 5am - 2pm PST and im in my programming class at those times :[ . And no they are not backed up cause i asked them about my My-Hime box AND to add to my order in a email a few days ago and they responded but only answered my My-Hime box question[/quote]

I believe their lines close for service at 3pm PST. Central Standard Time (CST) is 2 hours behind Pacific Standard Time (PST).

It appears that My Hime now has a backordered status.

Oh yeah, currently 009-1 is in stock.

But 009-1 was in out of stock status for many days prior, then a couple days ago 009 restocked because someone's cart was automatically cleared off and I snatched both volume 1 and 3. I knew 009 was still abundant and people were waiting, and if s/he wasn't going to run through checkout with those last two volumes, I figure I better so an injection of a fresh 009-1 batch could be made available for other buyers.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I believe their lines close for service at 3pm PST. Central Standard Time (CST) is 2 hours behind Pacific Standard Time (PST).

It appears that My Hime now has a backordered status.

Oh yeah, currently 009-1 is in stock.

But 009-1 was in out of stock status for many days prior, then a couple days ago 009 restocked because someone's cart was automatically cleared off and I snatched both volume 1 and 3. I knew 009 was still abundant and people were waiting, and if s/he wasn't going to run through checkout with those last two volumes, I figure I better so an injection of a fresh 009-1 batch could be made available for other buyers.[/QUOTE]

still in class at those hours XD

oh well i ordered my stuff and a 009-1 set to get free shipping

so much more shit i want still..fuck

Gah! My-HiME still sold out?

Vol 2-6 all say SOLD OUT Please Check Back.

However, under Product Availability, Vol 2,4,5,6 say On Order From Manufacturer while only Vol 3 says In Stock and Available. I'm assuming this means that 2,4,5,6 are actually sold out and 3 has been in someone's cart for the last few days without checking out?

[quote name='Grico']If you liked Noir you should like Madlax, its got similarities but its not so similar that its like watching Noir again. It has a lot less of the run and gun mission stuff from Noir and a greater focus on conspiracy. It was enjoyable, I think it ended up a being a bit less good than Noir though.[/QUOTE]

Noir and Madlax share similarities, but they're separate entities. They're both stylish drama/shooters.

The thing though is that Noir starts off mediocre but then shoots way up to awesomeness, ending on a good note. Madlax does the polar opposite, where it starts off really amazing then peters off into a whimper.

I enjoyed watching it, but I still feel Noir was more cohesive and a better experience.

[quote name='Rocko']Soultaker is weird shit.[/QUOTE]

lol yes, but I really enjoyed it. The animation is...surreal, it's like nothing I'd seen before except for Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (which is also great). The story matches the animation rather well, it's like a hybrid of science fiction, super hero, and horror genres. If you're looking for something different, SoulTaker definitely delivers. I picked up the series as a blind buy a few years ago during RightStuf's Geneon 10/$50 25/$100 sale and I don't regret it.

[quote name='Alien Spider']lol yes, but I really enjoyed it. The animation is...surreal, it's like nothing I'd seen before except for Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (which is also great). The story matches the animation rather well, it's like a hybrid of science fiction, super hero, and horror genres. If you're looking for something different, SoulTaker definitely delivers. I picked up the series as a blind buy a few years ago during RightStuf's Geneon 10/$50 25/$100 sale and I don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

See also: Nursewitch Komugi

[quote name='Veronica Mars']
BTW - Get Scrapped Princess. I loved it.[/quote]
Seeing as I'm pretty much broke, I had to keep my order small.. I ordered volumes 2-5 of Scrapped Princess, with 3 and 4 being LE. That will complete my SP set. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Anyone noticed any completely new titles on the list since the sale started?[/quote]

Trigun Remix is the main one I have noticed. They also added a few UMDs.

At the beginning they didn't have Elfen Lied. BTW, they do have volume 1 of Elfen Lied (if it's still not listed for the blowout). Search for it regularly and it'll be on sale.

Sorcerer Hunters essential anime vol. 1 was added for 6.00 and the regular edition vol. 2 was added at $2.00. The essential anime edition includes regular edition vol 1 and 2, so not a big help there.

[quote name='Brian9824']Scrapped princess was a good show but man was the ending F'd up[/quote]

I would have to agree. After about episode 6 or 7, I started feeling the story getting rushed, IMO. The ending was a total let down, but it's still worth it to me. The rest of the story is great! I wish Raquel had more parts tho.

I have not noticed if this was mentioned before but for those that have received their orders, are these hole punched DVDs? I cannot remember the online company (it was one of the bigger anime ones) but I got burnt a few years back where all the bargain anime stuff was hole punched. Just trying to avoid that problem as I just discovered this topic and want to place an order.

[quote name='Owen']I have not noticed if this was mentioned before but for those that have received their orders, are these hole punched DVDs? I cannot remember the online company (it was one of the bigger anime ones) but I got burnt a few years back where all the bargain anime stuff was hole punched. Just trying to avoid that problem as I just discovered this topic and want to place an order.[/quote]

That hasn't been brought up.

These are all legitimate, brand new, with absolutely no alterations to either the barcode or DVD spine or artcovers. All of their products are as clean as those you'd find down at your Best Buy, Walmart, Circuit City, Target.

You're free to order. You have the green light.

[quote name='Owen']I have not noticed if this was mentioned before but for those that have received their orders, are these hole punched DVDs? I cannot remember the online company (it was one of the bigger anime ones) but I got burnt a few years back where all the bargain anime stuff was hole punched. Just trying to avoid that problem as I just discovered this topic and want to place an order.[/quote]

The company you are thinking of is ADV.

[quote name='Owen']I have not noticed if this was mentioned before but for those that have received their orders, are these hole punched DVDs? I cannot remember the online company (it was one of the bigger anime ones) but I got burnt a few years back where all the bargain anime stuff was hole punched. Just trying to avoid that problem as I just discovered this topic and want to place an order.[/QUOTE]

None of the ADV stuff I got from this sale was hole punched, and I nave never had a hole punched problem from ordering from righstuf

If rightstuf sells something that has been discontinued (hole punched, cut UPC,etc) it will state it in the listing (see below). ADV is the company that marks its stuff, but that is when you buy direct from ADV.

Nightwalker: **Please note: The barcode on this title has a line scratched through it, this is no cause for concern. This is related to this title's discontinuation.

I ordered about a week ago and got my DVDs today :applause:

For 49 bucks, I was able to put a dent in a few people's christmas lists. Not bad if I say so myself.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And, if anyone who ordered that gets the paper wrap-around for volume 5 (those gold-embossed ones with the diamond-shaped opening on the front)... PM me, I need it! Mine didn't come with one and it looks terrible next to the others :cry: I've got a spare Last Exile vol.1 and a copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Dreamcast (Game+manual, not original case) I'd trade for it, or we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

You're in good company, my volume 5 didn't include the wrap around either. :( That sucks, it looks like it's a new disc, so I guess for some reason ADV decided to get rid of it for reprints or something? It does take away from the aesthetics, having one that doesn't match the others, but it's not RightStuf's fault, obviously.

[quote name='Alien Spider']You're in good company, my volume 5 didn't include the wrap around either. :( That sucks, it looks like it's a new disc, so I guess for some reason ADV decided to get rid of it for reprints or something? It does take away from the aesthetics, having one that doesn't match the others, but it's not RightStuf's fault, obviously.[/quote]

Want bad? Half of my X the TV Series set didn't have slipcovers. 3 volumes had these sexy slipcovers, 5 didn't. One of the DVDs had a *black* case while the rest had transparent. Most of em had the resealed style of shrinkwrap. Only one DVD being different in a set is nothing compared to this, I got the Frankenstein series.

[quote name='Rocko']Still anxiously awaiting my first order! :[[/QUOTE]

Interesting, if you ordered the same time I did. I ordered the day the sale went live, and got it Tuesday last week. With the cheapest shipping.

2 orders arrived today.

Got Ah My Goddess Season 2, Xenosaga, Girls Bravo, Guyver, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, and an extra of My-Hime vol 7 w/ box for trading.

I love when its cheaper to get another dvd then to pay for shipping :)

Could somebody take a picture of the Mai Hime t-shirt?

I'll just have to get vol1 by itself if the shirt is good. And then something else besides the rest of the series. Grrr...

Strangely, I got my last order today and the first 3 still aren't here.

Also, grr @ Le Chevalier D'eon V not having the cover like the other 5. :[

Someone still has My-HiME Vol.3 in their cart after like a week. And the sale is over in 7 hours. So why don't they just check out if it's going to end really soon?

Why would they do this? -__-

bread's done
Back