RightStuf - Bargain Bin Blowout up to 95% off MSRP thru. Dec, 7

GA is ok, but a lot of times the items on sale are already at the lowest discount allowed. GA is better for pre-orders or items not on sale IMO.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I hope you do realize that Wallflower is not going to get a complete singles release. From what I do know right this minute, FUNimation will release the rest of the Wallflower in "parts" (e.g. part 1 and part 2) The Wallflower artbox unfortunately won't be filled. Tokyo Majin is another title that will not see all volumes released as singles. I really wanted Majin to be released in full with singles as an option.[/QUOTE]

I was considering Tokyo Majin, until I confirmed that only is it not getting a full single release, but Funi's doing the part 1&2 cut at the season break- it makes sense technically, but it means you have to buy the part 1 set to get episode 14. Nasty screw-over on the part of the singles buyers there... at least Wallflower's a clean cutoff so my singles don't need to be replaced, even if the artbox has to go. (I'm giving it to a friend who collects the Wallflower manga- we figured out it should hold 5 volumes pretty snugly.)

As far as GA, if you only buy from sales like these and weekly specials, it's useless. It does stack with the regular 40% studio sales, so if you buy a fair amount of anime that way, it's worth it. I've found it to be golden, but I buy a ridiculous amount of anime, so...

I can't wait for December 7th so I can finally stop thinking about this sale. The prices are so low, but I've already spent so much. Damn you, Rightstuf.

[quote name='refusedchaos']spent a lot of money on this sale..too bad not all the gundam dvds are not on sale (or should i say, im glad for my wallet). thinking of doing another order, can anyone give me your opinions about these:

Comic Party Revolution
Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite
Innocent Venus
Jinki: Extend
Venus Versus Virus

thanks[/quote]Innocent Venus: I was only able to see the first two episodes of the series, but it seemed like it would be good. Post-Apocalyptic world where the wealthy crap on the poor, and amid all of this some girl is being chased.

Jinki Extend: This was just a "meh" series. Story about a girl who hates her Mom, hates fighting, but ends up being a pilot for a mech anyway. It's OK if you can get it for a REALLY good price.

Heh. Made a final order of just the Rumbling Hearts box set since the shipping was only $3. $5 a disc is just fine with me, and I don't have the money to get Mushi-Shi or School Rumble although they both look good. Especially School Rumble, since it seems to be goofy, which I enjoy.

[quote name='refusedchaos']spent a lot of money on this sale..too bad not all the gundam dvds are not on sale (or should i say, im glad for my wallet). thinking of doing another order, can anyone give me your opinions about these:

Comic Party Revolution
Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite
Innocent Venus
Jinki: Extend
Venus Versus Virus

thanks[/QUOTE]

Venus Versus Virus was pretty bad. Lucia (girl with eye-patch) was a decent character, but all the other characters were meh. Story was typical demon hunting, but there is a "twist." Ending left a lot to be desired. I wouldn't recommended buying.

[quote name='Rocko']Heh. Made a final order of just the Rumbling Hearts box set since the shipping was only $3. $5 a disc is just fine with me, and I don't have the money to get Mushi-Shi or School Rumble although they both look good. Especially School Rumble, since it seems to be goofy, which I enjoy.[/quote]

I just finished rumbling hearts recently...def one of the best done romantic animes i've ever seen. A bit sad too (story-wise i mean). And for $12...that's an easy shelf-worthy purchase for me and any other anime lubber :)

Called this morning and had them change my order. Ditched the 3 Wallflower disks and added in all of DNAngel. Thanks again for the warning on the Wallflower release status.

EDIT: Also got my 2nd order in the mail today - all of My HiME, the 3 disks of Fullmetal Alchemist I was missing & the 2 disks of School Rumble I was missing. :)

In for Mushishi, right before they sold out. Phew. :hot:

I really hate how they have random volumes missing for some "sets". Ah My Goddess Season 2 Vol 5 was in stock just a few days ago, but 6 wasn't. And now, 6 is in stock but 5 is completely gone from the website. :bomb:

Just called & added Hell Girl vol. 2 to my order. Had her check the others just to see, but none of the rest were in stock. She said vol. 5 & 6 were "way gone - they've been oversold" so I guess that means those won't be coming back in stock. Guess I can fill in the rest off of Amazon or something later on.

[quote name='Serpentor']Why do they even bother selling the discs separately?! I hate incomplete sets...[/quote]

Because that is a way for anime companies to maximize revenue. With all the pirating and lack of TV deals, they have to recoup licensing costs as best they can.

Thanks for the info about the GA. I usually just buy stuff of these sales. I'm dying to finish Beck but don't wanna buy Vol. 6 at retail.

[quote name='Rocko']I can't wait for December 7th so I can finally stop thinking about this sale. The prices are so low, but I've already spent so much. Damn you, Rightstuf.[/quote]

I can't wait as well...

[quote name='animemaniac14']Mushi-Shi is a MUST BUY for anyone who loves/even likes anime![/quote]

It really is though! I haven't even finished it. I can't wait to get the last 2 DVDs.

[quote name='argyle']Just called & added Hell Girl vol. 2 to my order. Had her check the others just to see, but none of the rest were in stock. She said vol. 5 & 6 were "way gone - they've been oversold" so I guess that means those won't be coming back in stock. Guess I can fill in the rest off of Amazon or something later on.[/quote]

Glad my 5 and 6 shipped.

[quote name='B:L']In for Mushishi, right before they sold out. Phew. :hot:

I really hate how they have random volumes missing for some "sets". Ah My Goddess Season 2 Vol 5 was in stock just a few days ago, but 6 wasn't. And now, 6 is in stock but 5 is completely gone from the website. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

And vol 5 just came back after I already placed my order. :cold:

[quote name='B:L']And vol 5 just came back after I already placed my order. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Call them (or email, since it's the weekend) and have them add it. They're very good about letting you change your order as long as it hasn't shipped.

Genma Wars DVD 1 (Hyb): Divine Twins x3
Genma Wars DVD 2 (Hyb): Elusive Sanct x5
Genma Wars DVD 4 (Hyb): Skull City x5
Gravion Zwei DVD 1 (Hyb): Eye of the x3
Mushishi Vol 1-6 w/ Box

All-in-all i paid $58, I plan on selling everything except for the Mushishi Set. FYE pays $63 cash or $78.75 credit, so Rightstuf basically paid me $5-$20 to take a set of Mushishi off of their hands.

Darn Rightstuf and they're awesome sales. I bought My HiME DVDs 1-3, 5, and 7. Unfortunately, 4 and 6 are still out of stock, but I couldn't resist. With any luck they'll come in stock later today, otherwise I'll just pick them up later either from there or Amazon.

Complete MY-Hime cost around $30... of course, w/o the cool looking original art box, but hey, it's complete w/o the wait.

Incomplete sets cost a lot more than you think, even with the $3 sale price...

i was able to get Ah My Goddess entire season 2 set and Yugo, me happy :)

[quote name='Serpentor']Complete MY-Hime cost around $30... of course, w/o the cool looking original art box, but hey, it's complete w/o the wait.

Incomplete sets cost a lot more than you think, even with the $3 sale price...[/quote]
It's worth it to me personally to spend a bit more and get the really nice art box. It'll be going onto a shelf that shows off my Ah! My Goddess box, my Full Metal Alchemist box, and the set of Full Metal Panic discs that I'll be getting once they ship in February.

Meh. I can deal with only vol. 1 of Hime with the t-shirt. Excited for that shirt. :D

Last order:

Elfen Lied DVD 1 (Hyb): Vector One $6.00
Elfen Lied DVD 2 (Hyb): Vector Two $6.00
Elfen Lied DVD 3 (Hyb): Vector Three $6.00
Elfen Lied DVD 4 (Hyb): Vector Four $6.00
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Wall Scroll (31 x 43 in): Haruhi $13.96
Noir DVD 1 (Hyb): Shades of Darkness + Empty Artbox + Tshirt $11.00
Viewtiful Joe DVD/CD Combo Pack $1.00
Total: $49.96

Heres a question, how does usps deliver the package if its too big to fit in the mailbox? Will they just drop it at the door like ups?

[quote name='genfuyung']Heres a question, how does usps deliver the package if its too big to fit in the mailbox? Will they just drop it at the door like ups?[/QUOTE]

yup

[quote name='argyle']Call them (or email, since it's the weekend) and have them add it. They're very good about letting you change your order as long as it hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]

I shot them an email basically right after I ordered. It hasn't shipped yet but they refused to make changes.

Because their customer support wanted to screw me out of $3 for shipping, I won't be buying anything for their 12 days of Christmas sale, and I'll stop recommending shopping at Rightstuf to my friends.

Thanks, Rightstuf!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']I shot them an email basically right after I ordered. It hasn't shipped yet but they refused to make changes.

Because their customer support wanted to screw me out of $3 for shipping, I won't be buying anything for their 12 days of Christmas sale, and I'll stop recommending shopping at Rightstuf to my friends.

Thanks, Rightstuf![/quote]

Try calling them. I called the day after I placed the order and the guy added all of the my-hime series to the order.

[quote name='genfuyung']Try calling them. I called the day after I placed the order and the guy added all of the my-hime series to the order.[/QUOTE]

I called this morning as soon as I could and they told me the same thing.

In fact, they added a condescending "I know you emailed us after you placed your order, but you SHOULD have called us." [/Neener neener]

[quote name='refusedchaos']yup[/quote]

Apparently my mailman is fucking stupid. He SHOVED this giant box into the little mailbox thing. Then he put the key to get into it in someone elses mailbox. So the neighbor opened up the mailbox, saw that it was mine and came to my house. He told me he couldn't get it out of the mailbox because it was shoved in so tight. So I had to drive to the mailbox and rip the box apart INSIDE the mailbox to get the dvds out. People were giving me some crazy looks when they drove by but everything came in and was in perect condition.

[quote name='genfuyung']Apparently my mailman is fucking stupid. He SHOVED this giant box into the little mailbox thing. Then he put the key to get into it in someone elses mailbox. So the neighbor opened up the mailbox, saw that it was mine and came to my house. He told me he couldn't get it out of the mailbox because it was shoved in so tight. So I had to drive to the mailbox and rip the box apart INSIDE the mailbox to get the dvds out. People were giving me some crazy looks when they drove by but everything came in and was in perect condition.[/quote]
You should leave the remains of the box INSIDE the mailbox and put a nice little note/explanation for the mailman.

[quote name='eau']You should leave the remains of the box INSIDE the mailbox and put a nice little note/explanation for the mailman.[/quote]
I thought about it but I didnt want some bastard kids taking it out and ripping it up and throwing it in peoples yards and such.

[quote name='B:L']I shot them an email basically right after I ordered. It hasn't shipped yet but they refused to make changes.

Thanks, Rightstuf![/QUOTE]

I am also a little disappointed with some of their shipping methods. I called to cancel an order so I could add a few more items to it and they said it couldn't be done since it was already ready to ship so they told me to refuse the package. I was told to re-order the items and add the new stuff to that new order since I was refusing the previous order. Well it turns out, they decided to combine part of the order I wanted to cancel with my larger order and then send another part of that same order I wanted to cancel in a separate package. If I wanted stuff combined into one box, I would have placed the 2 orders together as one to begin with. I think they did it somewhat deliberately since they knew I wanted to cancel the second order and it had not yet shipped when I called.

Looks like I will need to call them up and complain and try to avoid dealing with them in the future as that is no way to ship stuff out during the holidays, especially when people are ordering items as gifts and sending out the unopened packages expecting orders not to be mixed and matched.

[quote name='Drahken']I got my Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD's today and my Vol 5 was also missing the slipcover.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, let me know how that anime is, it looked realy interesting to me.

[quote name='genfuyung']Heres a question, how does usps deliver the package if its too big to fit in the mailbox? Will they just drop it at the door like ups?[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what we're told to do. Believe me when I say they don't care about the customer at all anymore, it's such a poorly run place nowadays.

[quote name='Owen']I am also a little disappointed with some of their shipping methods. I called to cancel an order so I could add a few more items to it and they said it couldn't be done since it was already ready to ship so they told me to refuse the package. I was told to re-order the items and add the new stuff to that new order since I was refusing the previous order. Well it turns out, they decided to combine part of the order I wanted to cancel with my larger order and then send another part of that same order I wanted to cancel in a separate package. If I wanted stuff combined into one box, I would have placed the 2 orders together as one to begin with. I think they did it somewhat deliberately since they knew I wanted to cancel the second order and it had not yet shipped when I called.

Looks like I will need to call them up and complain and try to avoid dealing with them in the future as that is no way to ship stuff out during the holidays, especially when people are ordering items as gifts and sending out the unopened packages expecting orders not to be mixed and matched.[/quote]

If your going to avoid dealing with them in the future your going to miss out on quite a bit. Rightstuf always combines orders to save on shipping, however when you order you can leave them a note if you don't want orders combined which I have done before. You can't honestly complain that they combined 2 partial orders and shipped them to get you some of your items faster. It's not THEIR fault you changed your mind and wanted to cancel a order. They can't read minds. They had no way of knowing you'd be placing orders and cancelling with them.

As for B:L never send them an email to change an order - it goes to their customer support people who then forward it to sales/shipping people and takes even longer. Calling is the best way. I called and swapped dvds in my order with them with no problem. Once the item has been packed they can't change it. However I would be intrested if you could post that condescending email they sent you. Their customer service has never been anything buy extremely polite to me and everyone else i know who has ordered.

[quote name='Brian9824']If your going to avoid dealing with them in the future your going to miss out on quite a bit. Rightstuf always combines orders to save on shipping, however when you order you can leave them a note if you don't want orders combined which I have done before. You can't honestly complain that they combined 2 partial orders and shipped them to get you some of your items faster. It's not THEIR fault you changed your mind and wanted to cancel a order. They can't read minds. They had no way of knowing you'd be placing orders and cancelling with them.
[/QUOTE]

As a customer I should not have to be psychic about how they will pack up my items. They did not combine 2 partial orders to ship it any faster, they just filled one box up as much as they could with my 2 separate orders and then added whatever could not fit into a second box and both were shipped and arrived at the same time.

If I place 2 separate orders it should be pretty obvious I did not want to combine the orders as I could have just ordered everything at once if I wanted it all to come together. I should not have to send a note telling them I would like my 2 separate orders shipped separately. I have not dealt with any online retailer that has ever randomly combined 2 separate orders into 1 box to save on shipping. It kind of defeats the purpose for them to tell me to refuse the package and reorder the items with the new additions I wanted to add when they did not package them up for me to have that option in the first place.

[quote name='Owen']If I place 2 separate orders it should be pretty obvious I did not want to combine the orders as I could have just ordered everything at once if I wanted it all to come together. I should not have to send a note telling them I would like my 2 separate orders shipped separately. I have not dealt with any online retailer that has ever randomly combined 2 separate orders into 1 box to save on shipping. It kind of defeats the purpose for them to tell me to refuse the package and reorder the items with the new additions I wanted to add when they did not package them up for me to have that option in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Every online retailer I've dealt with combines items that use the same shipping method into the same box- especially when using free shipping. I had Deep Discount put 4 orders into the same box just during their last sale.

Just call 'em again and explain the whole thing, you can probably work something out. If all else fails, go join the anime news network forums- Mr. Kleckner posts there directly, you can ask him for help.

(I know it's cheap ass gamer, but I still get amazed at the trouble people will go through to save a couple of bucks on shipping. :roll:)

[quote name='Brian9824']If your going to avoid dealing with them in the future your going to miss out on quite a bit. Rightstuf always combines orders to save on shipping, however when you order you can leave them a note if you don't want orders combined which I have done before. You can't honestly complain that they combined 2 partial orders and shipped them to get you some of your items faster. It's not THEIR fault you changed your mind and wanted to cancel a order. They can't read minds. They had no way of knowing you'd be placing orders and cancelling with them.

[/quote]

Exactly.

You couldn't even begin to imagine the swapping they must do on orders on a daily basis (I can because I deal with internet orders in my business, on a much smaller scale). The only time I ever called Rightstuf customer service was due to an issue with my credit card being replaced by my bank in the middle of a transaction. I'm not going to create issues for them because I changed my mind on an order.

I'd also mention there are plenty of reasons to place multiple orders instead of a big one.

Splitting cost among multiple credit cards, items coming back in stock and wanting to place another order, just deciding to spend a little extra and place a 3rd order.
Unless a customer specifically marks an order as being a gift I wouldn't assume that its a gift. Especially when both orders are going to the same address.

I'd be guilty of at least one swap. Had em switch a dvd for a copy of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie because i decided to place another order and get that show.

It all depends who handles your request. Shawne (the owner) can be a dick sometimes. Usually the CS people will let you change an order. There was one guy there that never wants to change orders (but I am not sure if he works there anymore). The girls have always be accommodating to me.

I don't know who I spoke with, but at first it was some guy, who was really polite.
I Preferred him over the girl I spoke with the second time.

Side Note - Is there a thread for the Current Sale? Just Wondering.

bread's done
Back