RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kona']excuse me while I go burn my wallet...[/QUOTE]

no kidding. I saw the titles and prices and my wallet ran in sheer terror

[quote name='Zaku77']The funi release is actually a different voice cast o_O now I am intrigued![/QUOTE]

Where have you been the past few years?

[quote name='Zaku77']The funi release is actually a different voice cast o_O now I am intrigued![/QUOTE]

Enjoy :D Watch some Funi episodes and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='jello44']So... Badlands Rumble worth it?[/QUOTE]

So, so, so very much. It's everything that was ever great about Trigun.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Where have you been the past few years?[/QUOTE]

I saw the abhorrent mess that was on TV, wrote it off, and happily went back to the manga. I can't think of any other shows off the top of my head that has 2 English dubs (NOT counting DBZ) so the thought never crossed my mind.

[quote name='Zaku77']I saw the abhorrent mess that was on TV, wrote it off, and happily went back to the manga. I can't think of any other shows off the top of my head that has 2 English dubs (NOT counting DBZ) so the thought never crossed my mind.[/QUOTE]

You and everyone else did the same. The 4kids dub is the reason that One Piece didn't get its fair shot in the American market and its rightful place as a high-selling shounen series alongside the likes of Naruto and Bleach in spite of it being the single most popular manga in Japan. Thanks a lot 4kids :roll:

Though I'll admit that the terrible expository theme song that they created for the show is still stuck in my head after all of these years. Oneeeee Piece, it's the naaaame of the treasure in the Graaaaaaand Lineeeeeee :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']
So, so, so very much. It's everything that was ever great about Trigun.[/QUOTE]

Word.

Now to wait to see if there are any other deals worth grabbing so I can combine shipping.

[quote name='jello44']Word.

Now to wait to see if there are any other deals worth grabbing so I can combine shipping.[/QUOTE]

The thing I like about this sale is that the deals from each day don't expire at the end of that day. I'm down for both One Piece volumes and Badlands Rumble but I need a little more to get me over the free S&H hurdle.

I wonder what the odds of seeing any Nozomi Entertainment stuff in this sale are. I'd really like to get the first two Utena boxes at a slight discount to make up for the fact that the final box is inexplicably so much more expensive.

[quote name='fwbweux']The thing I like about this sale is that the deals from each day don't expire at the end of that day. I'm down for both One Piece volumes and Badlands Rumble but I need a little more to get me over the free S&H hurdle.

I wonder what the odds of seeing any Nozomi Entertainment stuff in this sale are. I'd really like to get the first two Utena boxes at a slight discount to make up for the fact that the final box is inexplicably so much more expensive.[/QUOTE]

agreed, that's one of the kewl things that Santa kleckner does for us on his 12+ days of christmas. gives me time to choose the cream of the crop from the 12 days and get my little bundle of joy (limited funds means I can't get EVERYTHING I want on there)

[quote name='Razzuel']If anyone is interested in Oreimo, you better buy it now, since Right Stuf only has about 59 left. There probably aren't going to be anymore made once it sells out.[/QUOTE]
-DVD only, no Blu-ray
-Limited Edition is the ONLY edition
-No dub
-$60 to $75 release for a 16 episode series

fuck you, Aniplex. That is NOT cool.

I do love reading the One Piece manga, but I find watching the anime to be a rather agonizing experience since everything takes too long to unfold, Funidub or not. I fell asleep watching the Alabaster arc, even though the show says the events take place in 25 minutes. Then again that is the problem with most popular series transitioned into another medium.

I would so get the Apollo's Song twopack if only I didn't waste so much money in the past month.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I do love reading the One Piece manga, but I find watching the anime to be a rather agonizing experience since everything takes too long to unfold, Funidub or not. I fell asleep watching the Alabaster arc, even though the show says the events take place in 25 minutes. Then again that is the problem with most popular series transitioned into another medium.

I would so get the Apollo's Song twopack if only I didn't waste so much money in the past month.[/QUOTE]
The Alabasta episodes have nothing on the CP9 arc. Holy hell, did Toei drag that one out. Then again, not surprising since they dragged out Namek's explosion with DBZ.

Man that was a hellish four months of airtime.
It's funny that the DVD version of the Fist of the North Star sidestory is in the Bargain Bin, and Rightstuf is selling the newer edition for almost 4x more.

I'm hoping the Supernatural anime would be in this sale.

Day 3:

Judging by the thumbnail, they're hentai PC games.

Thankfully, nothing today that's gonna make me wanna add more to what I want.

[quote name='Tsukento']Judging by the thumbnail, they're hentai PC games.

Thankfully, nothing today that's gonna make me wanna add more to what I want.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I don't see the thumbnails lol. Not that I'm buying it anyways.

Haven't wanted anything all three days, but I already bought the action pack (gonna try to sell Gantz and Boccano!, and keep Chaos;head), the yuu yuu hakusho bundle, Oreimo, Madoka, and caught up on manga released as I hadn't bought any since last December....

Madoka is friggin expensive, but it was in my cart for like two months, so I just bought it.

Waiting until the final days until I pick some stuff up. Shipping kills it for me, so I hope by the final day, I can reach $50 in total. Really want that North Star side story, hope it doesn't sell out.

Princess Tutu for $15....I might have considered picking that up if I already didn't order it from DeepDiscount for $6. I'm hoping that they will fulfill my order----when I emailed them about it, DD replied that it's on Backorder, but they will ship it to me as soon as it's in stock. I'm fine with waiting a few weeks, but I hope it doesn't take several months :roll:

Tempted to get the two One Piece sets. What are RightStuf's shipping charges? I can't seem to find exact cost on their site.

HRRRGH, I've got Angel Beats! and the four Clannad subbed sets in my cart, but I'm $1.05 short for free shipping! Can anyone recommend anything very, very inexpensive that I can add to get the free shipping? Those anime are basically all that interest me (hopefully nothing else will for the sake of my wallet :lol:).

[quote name='Vigilante']HRRRGH, I've got Angel Beats! and the four Clannad subbed sets in my cart, but I'm $1.05 short for free shipping! Can anyone recommend anything very, very inexpensive that I can add to get the free shipping? Those anime are basically all that interest me (hopefully nothing else will for the sake of my wallet :lol:).[/QUOTE]Put two of these in your cart and you'll be done.

[quote name='Tsukento']-DVD only, no Blu-ray
-Limited Edition is the ONLY edition
-No dub
-$60 to $75 release for a 16 episode series

fuck you, Aniplex. That is NOT cool.[/QUOTE]I agree 100%. Until they give me oreimo on blu along with at least some of the extras seen in the Japanese version (namely the commentary) then they won't be seeing my cash.

[quote name='Vigilante']HRRRGH, I've got Angel Beats! and the four Clannad subbed sets in my cart, but I'm $1.05 short for free shipping! Can anyone recommend anything very, very inexpensive that I can add to get the free shipping? Those anime are basically all that interest me (hopefully nothing else will for the sake of my wallet :lol:).[/QUOTE]

I personally like to pad my orders with http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/7m=ET0NZOAXG=s2CBJ/browse/item/88427/4/153/0 blind box bargain items (also come in 5, 10 and 25 values but two $1 would get you free shipping) of course I am a sucker for random items lol.

edit: I see the person above me also likes the blind box items :p

alternatively you could wait to see what else comes out in the next few days of sales and see if something else that is cheap gets added.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I agree 100%. Until they give me oreimo on blu along with at least some of the extras seen in the Japanese version (namely the commentary) then they won't be seeing my cash.[/QUOTE]
They didn't even include the commentary? :bomb:

Day three comes through! In for the Hidamari Sketch volumes.

[quote name='Tsukento']The Alabasta episodes have nothing on the CP9 arc. Holy hell, did Toei drag that one out. Then again, not surprising since they dragged out Namek's explosion with DBZ.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought Alabasta was paced okay with the exception of the couple of filler episodes with Ace. Stuff like Enies Lobby, parts of Thriller Bark, and Impel Down felt downright glacial to me, but the effect is lessened somewhat when you're marathoning a lot of episodes at once as opposed to one a week.

Even if the anime has its issues, I still recommend it just because it brings the characters and world to life. The most dramatic scenes in the manga are still executed with perfection and exceed the original in several cases, so I think experiencing the highs is worth experiencing the lows.

I'm all over Darker Than Black. If they can have a deal for season 2 and Gun x Sword then I'll pretty much be caught up on all the anime I wanted to get. Come on rightstuf!

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Put two of these in your cart and you'll be done.[/QUOTE]Awesome, thanks! I placed the order and I'm pretty dang happy that I'm getting two of the best anime I've watched in recent memory (one of which is split across two seasons) for under $50, and I'll be getting two surprise items to boot! :bouncy:

I would encourage everyone that is debating about Clannad (and is perhaps waiting for other sale items to fill their cart) to make your minds up in a hurry.

They have exactly 6 copies of After Story Collection 2 left in stock.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I would encourage everyone that is debating about Clannad (and is perhaps waiting for other sale items to fill their cart) to make your minds up in a hurry.

They have exactly 6 copies of After Story Collection 2 left in stock.[/QUOTE]

gone already

[quote name='Afflicted']gone already[/QUOTE]:shock: Wow. I'm so glad I decided to get all of the Clannad sets before I left for work instead of thinking about it. Is that set particularly rare or something? :???:

[quote name='fwbweux']Day three comes through! In for the Hidamari Sketch volumes.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite Slice-of-Life comedies. :)

[quote name='Afflicted']gone already[/QUOTE]

that's horse crap. why is he including limited quantity sets in his 12+ days of xmas sale?? if you're gonna have a sale for 12+ days make sure you have enough stock to FILL all orders for all 12+ days. this putting bargain bin crap that has limited quantities into the sale is garbage. leave bargain bin stuff in the bargain bin. put full stocked items in the 12 days of christmas

[quote name='wormraper']that's horse crap. why is he including limited quantity sets in his 12+ days of xmas sale?? if you're gonna have a sale for 12+ days make sure you have enough stock to FILL all orders for all 12+ days. this putting bargain bin crap that has limited quantities into the sale is garbage. leave bargain bin stuff in the bargain bin. put full stocked items in the 12 days of christmas[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure the point is so they can get rid of the stock. Otherwise no one would have any reason to get those over the single box sets.

oh great...the only one that i really wanna get and watch went out of stock. Clannad After Story DVD Collection 2. WARNING: this anime dvd collection will even make grown man cry. prepare 'em tissues guys and gals

I don't know that the last set is particularly rare, it just happened to be the set that had the lowest stock out of the four sets. Look at Deep Dsicount's big sale. They didn't have any copies of After Story set 1, but RS still has around 100 copies of that left.

I'd also like to point out, that although there were limited quantities of the smaller sets, you'll have no problems getting the season sets or the bundle throughout the entire sale. Those are the items that are part of the sale, the discount on the bargain bin stuff was just something extra thrown in as a bonus to the people that visited the site more frequently.

I'll give a similar warning for set 2 of season 1. There's around 35 copies of it left in stock, so those interested in getting the first season this way should probably make up their minds soon as well.

[quote name='wormraper']that's horse crap. why is he including limited quantity sets in his 12+ days of xmas sale?? if you're gonna have a sale for 12+ days make sure you have enough stock to FILL all orders for all 12+ days. this putting bargain bin crap that has limited quantities into the sale is garbage. leave bargain bin stuff in the bargain bin. put full stocked items in the 12 days of christmas[/QUOTE]

There's no way to guarantee that... Items went out of stock every year too. This is nothing new. If you wanted it, you should have bought it.

Day 4:

[quote name='Zaku77']Jesus Christ, screw you rightstuf! Now I have to get Persona....so much money!!!!![/QUOTE]
Don't do it! Trinity Soul is absolutely terrible. Save your money for when Persona 4: The Animation comes here.

A warning for those looking to pick up Gintama: From the research I've done it seems as if there won't be any more new DVD releases for the show.

This is why I probably won't pick it up.

You might as well watch it on crunchyroll, which seems to have all of the episodes.

bread's done
Back