RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']There's no way to guarantee that... Items went out of stock every year too. This is nothing new. If you wanted it, you should have bought it.[/QUOTE]
They just restocked a handful of them. If anybody missed out the second time, just keep checking back.

Not a gigantic anime fan but i do hope to find a good deal on the kenshin sets because i have been wanting those for years.

also need to get some FMA:B blu-rays and under $20 at amazon is a good deal but still a little more then what i want to pay for the amount of episodes offered.

COME ON KENSHIN! maybe this is a good place to get into some more anime, if anyone is so kind to indulge me i am into stuff like full metal alchemist, kenshin, samurai champloo.. stuff like that.

anything like that on sale currently worth checking out on the cheap?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']A warning for those looking to pick up Gintama: From the research I've done it seems as if there won't be any more new DVD releases for the show.

This is why I probably won't pick it up.

You might as well watch it on crunchyroll, which seems to have all of the episodes.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why they're not releasing anymore. Because no one's buying the DVDs. Same reason Viz canned the manga release. These companies need to be shown there's some form of demand for the series outside of streaming.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']The short answer? Because Aniplex.[/QUOTE]

And for that price it's not even blu-ray. Screw Aniplex.

Nothing for me today unless I need filler for a future day.

I'm curious, will any of these DVDs get Blu-ray treatment later since they had blu-ray releases in Japan? 11 Eyes comes to mind. There are others on that list though.

[quote name='starkillr']I'm curious, will any of these DVDs get Blu-ray treatment later since they had blu-ray releases in Japan? 11 Eyes comes to mind. There are others on that list though.[/QUOTE]

If it sold well, it's conceivable but not incredibly likely. But 11 Eyes? Not a chance in hell.

Yea, the ones I'm looking to see blu ray ports of aren't likely to get them. 11 Eyes I can't bring myself to buy the DVD, it wasn't very good. I know Skip Beat got licensed a long while back, but I have yet to see a dvd or blu-ray show up. Would love that on Blu. The "average" anime like Nyan koi that got blu-ray treatment in Japan probably won't show up over here.

[quote name='fwbweux']And for that price it's not even blu-ray. Screw Aniplex.

Nothing for me today unless I need filler for a future day.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I'm surprised we're getting Madoka on Bluray here given Aniplex's release history. I know it's asinine to complain about price of products considering this hobby, but I would expect Bluray releases for the prices they charge.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Frankly, I'm surprised we're getting Madoka on Bluray here given Aniplex's release history. I know it's asinine to complain about price of products considering this hobby, but I would expect Bluray releases for the prices they charge.[/QUOTE]
Of course, when it comes to Aniplex, it's always gotta be something. They release something? No Blu-ray and the DVDs cost a lot. When they finally release something on Blu-ray? Something has to cover for that missing second con. In Madoka's case, it's the fact that they split it into three individual releases with 4 episodes a pack. Worse that the prices aren't any better, either. :wall:

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Frankly, I'm surprised we're getting Madoka on Bluray here given Aniplex's release history. I know it's asinine to complain about price of products considering this hobby, but I would expect Bluray releases for the prices they charge.[/QUOTE]

For $75 each, the Madoka volumes shouldn't just be blu-ray, they should be personally delivered to me by someone cosplaying as Tomoe Mami. Regardless of what anime used to cost in the past, Aniplex still hasn't fallen in line with the generally accepted pricing scheme for today's market, which either makes them gougers or just out of touch. There's a reason that I don't own any of their releases.

(okay, the reason is probably that no one will freaking hire me so I'm in cheapass mode for my anime, but still...)

Sigh, this screw Aniplex talk is grating.

For the record, Madoka isn't only $75 per volume. There are three versions: $30 DVD volumes, $40 Blu-ray volumes, and $75 Blu-ray/DVD limited edition volumes.

I want the LEs, therefore I'm discussing the price of the LEs. Splitting a twelve-episode series into three volumes when Funi and even Sentai will generally give you twelve episodes in a single volume is pretty exploitative regardless of which version of Madoka someone is buying.

[quote name='fwbweux']I want the LEs, therefore I'm discussing the price of the LEs. Splitting a twelve-episode series into three volumes when Funi and even Sentai will generally give you twelve episodes in a single volume is pretty exploitative regardless of which version of Madoka someone is buying.[/QUOTE]

Well, you didn't mention which version you were talking about, so I didn't know if you knew or not.

No, it's not ideal for Madoka to be released in this fashion and priced this way. Based on their other releases (the few of them that there are), they don't have a standard structure for their releases. Durarara and Blue Exorcist are sold in 7-9 episode sets, Oreimo was sold in one single set of 16 episodes, and Madoka is being sold in 4 episode sets.

They're treating each show differently; lowering the risk of releasing these shows here and maximizing their profit (this isn't evil). Part of this has to do with Aniplex releasing these shows so close to the Japanese releases (their primary market), unlike companies that release shows far ahead of the Japanese release. However, if they waited a year or two, the interest in these titles might have waned so much that a release here wouldn't be profitable. It's a risky business, and this is how they've decided to play it.

Funimation, Sentai, Media Blasters, NISA, and Bandai all release their shows in their own way that benefits them the most; Aniplex is doing the same thing. Some things aren't gonna be ideal, but that's just how it is.

Also, Aniplex is a part of the production committee of the shows they're releasing. Funimation, Sentai, and the others don't have to worry about how much it cost to produce a particular series; they only have to worry about the licensing costs, which is no where near the price of producing a show. Sure, Aniplex could let a North American company license these shows, leading to a cheaper release, but then they could be losing money, since the money they could make releasing it themselves could be more than it cost to sell the license to someone; on some shows it might be more profitable to sell the license, like A-Channel, another Aniplex show, which was recently licensed by Sentai.

Basically, it's not as simple as Aniplex doesn't understand business or they're evil and want to price gouge. It's a lot more complicated than that.

In any case, I'm happy with what we're getting, so I already have all three LEs preordered.

4 episodes a disc is good, quit complaining. FLCL was a 3-DVD set originally last I knew, and all of my VHS are 2 episodes max per and they ran around $40 each, stop being spoiled...

...damn anime kids.

[quote name='georox']4 episodes a disc is good, quit complaining. FLCL was a 3-DVD set originally last I knew, and all of my VHS are 2 episodes max per and they ran around $40 each, stop being spoiled...

...damn anime kids.[/QUOTE]

why should we have to go back to those days? those were back in a much different market. Laserdiscs were exp as hell but I SURE am not returning to those days. the market has matured and after maturation price has to drop otherwise it will die

[quote name='wormraper']why should we have to go back to those days? those were back in a much different market. Laserdiscs were exp as hell but I SURE am not returning to those days. the market has matured and after maturation price has to drop otherwise it will die[/QUOTE]

Because the market only changed HERE? Anime never got cheap in Japan. It's not a different market at all.

Honestly, all these SAVE/Viridian/etc boxed sets are really just driving the business to the ground. I haven't bought an individual volume not in the bargain bin in years. (Until Madoka, but... *points at avatar*)

[quote name='elessar123']Because the market only changed HERE? Anime never got cheap in Japan. It's not a different market at all.

Honestly, all these SAVE/Viridian/etc boxed sets are really just driving the business to the ground. I haven't bought an individual volume not in the bargain bin in years. (Until Madoka, but... *points at avatar*)[/QUOTE]

the japanese market has been raping their consumers over their for years. 2 completely different markets. the anime companies have to follow the funi approach in the U.S. or they will be relegated to ultra niche product like they once were. and making almost no money in the U.S.

driving the business into the ground???? seriously???? if it wasn't working for them funi would NOT be doing it. the Japanese have a COMPLETELY different culture and mindset on value than the U.S. has. they have to learn to compete in both markets or they can kiss their U.s. fans behind except for the ultra otaku who will waste all his money on a couple of anime episodes.

The only reason I buy anime like I do is because it's cheap now. If it was still the price it was 10 years ago, I would only watch it online or streaming, and just decide not to own any of it. This business model allows more people to buy anime, to buy more of it, and to get more interested in it and make "new" purchases. It's saving the industry in America.

Don't want to derail the thread anymore so I'm just going to spoiler the Aniplex tangent:

[quote name='Razzuel']
Well, you didn't mention which version you were talking about, so I didn't know if you knew or not.

No, it's not ideal for Madoka to be released in this fashion and priced this way. Based on their other releases (the few of them that there are), they don't have a standard structure for their releases. Durarara and Blue Exorcist are sold in 7-9 episode sets, Oreimo was sold in one single set of 16 episodes, and Madoka is being sold in 4 episode sets.

They're treating each show differently; lowering the risk of releasing these shows here and maximizing their profit (this isn't evil). Part of this has to do with Aniplex releasing these shows so close to the Japanese releases (their primary market), unlike companies that release shows far ahead of the Japanese release. However, if they waited a year or two, the interest in these titles might have waned so much that a release here wouldn't be profitable. It's a risky business, and this is how they've decided to play it.

Funimation, Sentai, Media Blasters, NISA, and Bandai all release their shows in their own way that benefits them the most; Aniplex is doing the same thing. Some things aren't gonna be ideal, but that's just how it is.

Also, Aniplex is a part of the production committee of the shows they're releasing. Funimation, Sentai, and the others don't have to worry about how much it cost to produce a particular series; they only have to worry about the licensing costs, which is no where near the price of producing a show. Sure, Aniplex could let a North American company license these shows, leading to a cheaper release, but then they could be losing money, since the money they could make releasing it themselves could be more than it cost to sell the license to someone; on some shows it might be more profitable to sell the license, like A-Channel, another Aniplex show, which was recently licensed by Sentai.

Basically, it's not as simple as Aniplex doesn't understand business or they're evil and want to price gouge. It's a lot more complicated than that.

In any case, I'm happy with what we're getting, so I already have all three LEs preordered.
[/QUOTE]

I can accept that there are valid economics and business practices behind Aniplex's pricing schemes. Sometimes it's just fun to bitch ;) Maximizing profits certainly isn't evil, though the sticker shock on a lot of their products is undeniable. I think that I just wonder if there really isn't anything that they could do differently just because their prices are among the highest in the market.

More than anything, I think that I question the idea of using "hype" to be able to charge more for recently-aired series. Even if it works for them, it seems like they cater exclusively to a small hardcore base of otaku who will buy a release no matter what. I mean, they don't even make English packaging for some of their releases. Didn't the Baccano blu-ray release actually have Japanese menus that were merely English-annotated instead of remade in English, even? It just kind of says "we don't care because you're going to buy it anyway".

It's entirely their prerogative if they don't wish to take the financial risk of marketing their series beyond this base, but (anecdotally) that there are people in this thread who are aware of Aniplex's releases but think they cost too much to justify purchasing would seem to suggest that an expanded market exists. I suppose that a lot of money from a few customers is ultimately the same as less money from more customers, but because of the route they've chosen, they also just end up being "that one company that charges more than everyone else", which doesn't even have to be a statement of condemnation; just a fact.

Mass market pricing isn't right for everything that they release (who the heck okayed Oreimo for release here at all?), but a lot of Aniplex series are a good deal less niche than, say, NISA's releases, and things like Blue Exorcist would likely have been snapped up by Funi if they'd had the opportunity. Again, Aniplex's business strategy is valid, but it's also alienating to anime buyers who pick and choose what they purchase.

[quote name='georox']
4 episodes a disc is good, quit complaining. FLCL was a 3-DVD set originally last I knew, and all of my VHS are 2 episodes max per and they ran around $40 each, stop being spoiled...

...damn anime kids.
[/QUOTE]

The market's changed, what was once cheap is now expensive. I never actually paid for my anime back when the pricing model was so much more expensive, it's really only since the advent of blu-ray and season box sets that I've begun building a collection. It's been very good for people like me who were broke-ass teenagers during the 00s anime boom, so yeah, I'm spoiled and loving it ;)

Day 5:

I remember getting a DVD with an episode of Panyo Panyo DGC in an issue of Newtype a long time ago. The episode I watched was cute and catchy enough to warrant picking it up.

I'd say if you're looking for story though, look elsewhere. However, if you need some filler items for free shipping, or just want something that's the equivalent of a Saturday Morning Cartoon (self contained episodes, short, humorous), then I'd certainly pick it up.

Interested in the Xam'd blus, but I know they'll be releasing a complete collection in February of next year. I'm just wondering if the packaging of that will be nicer than buying the separate collections. Decisions, decisions....

That Bamboo Blade price is awesome. I bought it in July for twice that. Good show too (imo). That Xam'd price looks pretty good too...tempting...I don't think the anime was that good though (average), so may be a perma-pass.

Mmmm, great price on Genshiken 2 also. Has it been lower than that before? Was hoping for a 1+2 combo. Maybe 1 will be on sale tomorrow. Ga-Rei is also good, $2 / episode is rough when most sales go below that. Plus it's Funimation and they are good about reducing costs. Not sure if this is selling well enough to benefit from a reprint. Rightstuf has been getting a lot of $$ from me in these sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really like X'amd, although the first few episodes were awesome and promised great potential for the series. It never really lived up to that potential, though, and in the end, it felt more like "Eureka Seven LITE EDITION"

X'amd needed to be twice as long. It became a massive trainwreck of interweaving plots toward the end, so much disappointment.

Nothing for me today, we're not even halfway through, though.

[quote name='fwbweux']X'amd needed to be twice as long. It became a massive trainwreck of interweaving plots toward the end, so much disappointment.

Nothing for me today, we're not even halfway through, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that was a major issue about X'amd too---the plot's scope was so massive, but you can only accomplish so much in 26 episodes.

As an FYI - I just saw a Genshiken Complete Collection (2011) on Amazon that has S1, 2, and the OVAs for $30. That's pretty uber. I bought the last 1 of 2 they claim they had left in stock.

As for Canaan, I found that show underwhelming. Character relationships are just weak and the overall plot felt weak. It just didn't draw me in. I did waste time watching the whole thing though, so I guess there's something to be said about it.

[quote name='fwbweux']X'amd needed to be twice as long. It became a massive trainwreck of interweaving plots toward the end, so much disappointment.

Nothing for me today, we're not even halfway through, though.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, "trainwreck" is definitely the right word for it.

[quote name='elessar123']How's Canaan? That's the only one slightly tempting me so far.[/QUOTE]

Well, a little background on Canaan. It's a prequel to a Wii game called 428 that scored a 40/40 in Famitsu and was basically a point-and-click adventure game with live-action cutscenes that dealt with a terrorist plot in Shibuya....or something. Obviously it never made it out of Japan.

Canaan is what happens when you take a serious concept and drown it in anime tropes. It has a deceptively-good first episode, but everything after that just doesn't maintain any level of quality. The plot itself isn't offensive, but there were no likable characters in the whole show to me, which hurt when so much of it was about the past relationship between the flat (in more ways than one, hurr hurr) protagonist and the unconvincing antagonist who was pretty much a bad knockoff of Revy from Black Lagoon. Add in a bunch of minor characters who are basically morons and viewer-inserts and just there to complicate the plot/establish relationships and there's not a lot of fun to be had.

I think that the only reason I made it through the show was because I'm partial to Type-Moon character designs.

[quote name='Tsukento']That's exactly why they're not releasing anymore. Because no one's buying the DVDs. Same reason Viz canned the manga release. These companies need to be shown there's some form of demand for the series outside of streaming.[/QUOTE]I hate it when companies do this. It's the reason I haven't been buying the gintama sets to begin with. I didn't want to start buying something that wouldn't be completed, and with good reason.

If they just made a solid commitment and let customers know from the beginning that they would finish out the series I would've gotten them long ago.

Do you know if they're going to be giving Eyeshield 21 the same treatment?

This is unrelated to the RightStuf sales, but I figure there's more traffic here and I'd have better luck getting a response: Can anyone recommend Eden of the East: The Complete Series :)dvd:) for just under $18 from Amazon? It's in my Gold Box today, and I'm tempted to bite for that price...

I enjoyed watching the show subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.

If anyone hasn't already bought Now and Then, Here and There, then shame on you. After you buy it, make sure to wait and watch it after the holidays; that is, unless you want to ruin your holiday cheer.

Everyone should also be buying Bunny Drop. Volumes 1-4 are fantastic. Volume 5 doesn't come out until March, so I can't speak to how good it is after things change in the story. However! with the way volume 4 ends, you could not buy any more volumes after that and be completely content.

[quote name='Vigilante']I enjoyed watching the show [Eden of the East] subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.[/QUOTE]

As someone who loved Eden of the East and its ending, I would recommend living in ignorance by not watching the films. If you gotta know what happens though, like I did, then now would be a good time to buy them.

[quote name='Vigilante']This is unrelated to the RightStuf sales, but I figure there's more traffic here and I'd have better luck getting a response: Can anyone recommend Eden of the East: The Complete Series :)dvd:) for just under $18 from Amazon? It's in my Gold Box today, and I'm tempted to bite for that price...

I enjoyed watching the show subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.[/QUOTE]

It's a steal at that price. Totally worth it. But it's true, the films are quite disappointing in comparison to the TV series.

[quote name='Razzuel']If anyone hasn't already bought Now and Then, Here and There, then shame on you. After you buy it, make sure to wait and watch it after the holidays; that is, unless you want to ruin your holiday cheer.[/QUOTE]

Truth. Everyone should own this.

[quote name='Tsukento']Gintama DVDs and Spice & Wolf.

Dammit, RightStuf. I can't keep throwing money at you![/QUOTE]I so agree with you. I already spent $200+ and can easily spend more. :(

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']A warning for those looking to pick up Gintama: From the research I've done it seems as if there won't be any more new DVD releases for the show.

This is why I probably won't pick it up.

You might as well watch it on crunchyroll, which seems to have all of the episodes.[/QUOTE]I pretty much know that too, but I'd like to own a physical copy of what I can get. It's a shame we aren't getting it all. :(

[quote name='Squarehard']Great price on Xam'd blus[/QUOTE]Yeah, I wish I waited a month to buy the 2nd season. :( Oh well.

These deals are great. I already spent a lot and may order more. I did order Read or Die, Gintama, and Pandora Hearts Vol. 1. I am tempted on Canaan, Initial D, etc.

[quote name='Razzuel']

Everyone should also be buying Bunny Drop. Volumes 1-4 are fantastic. Volume 5 doesn't come out until March, so I can't speak to how good it is after things change in the story. However! with the way volume 4 ends, you could not buy any more volumes after that and be completely content.
[/QUOTE]

I've loved Bunny Drop so far. However, I read spoilers and the ending is just plain creepy.
Rin decides she is in love with Daikichi. She finds out that Grandpa wasn't her biological dad, and so she isn't related to Daikichi biologically. In the author's view, this means her being in love with the guy who raised and adopted her isn't incestual and creepy as fuck, when any reasonable person would think it is. Daikichi ends up agreeing to marry her, and Rin talks about how she wants to have babies with him. WHAT. THE. fuck.
Why did they ruin such a great manga with this creepy weeaboo shit? :(

[quote name='Darknuke']Hot hentai game bundle on sale!? Omfg yes! Been wanting to add that to my collection for years! /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

I feel like you're implying that you'd scorn me if I bought it, haha. That's not very nice, haha.

I know this is the rightstuf thread, but I just got the Ghost Hunt Save bundle from amazon, and it's missing the 4th disc O_O

[quote name='Zaku77']I know this is the rightstuf thread, but I just got the Ghost Hunt Save bundle from amazon, and it's missing the 4th disc O_O[/QUOTE]

contact amazon for a replacement then

[quote name='Razzuel']If anyone hasn't already bought Now and Then, Here and There, then shame on you. After you buy it, make sure to wait and watch it after the holidays; that is, unless you want to ruin your holiday cheer.
[/QUOTE]

Curses. As if I already had an overload on new anime the past few days...
Any chance that this series will be on Blu?

Also, thank you so much CAG for providing me with tons of new animes to enjoy. It's going to be incredibly nice to sit back and relax after all my finals this quarter...:D

[quote name='kyrhon']Curses. As if I already had an overload on new anime the past few days...
Any chance that this series will be on Blu?[/QUOTE]

Zero chance.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Zero chance.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. Now I won't punch myself for not waiting.

If only Fist of the North Star went on sale... It's a shame that it's so darn expensive.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I hate it when companies do this. It's the reason I haven't been buying the gintama sets to begin with. I didn't want to start buying something that wouldn't be completed, and with good reason.

If they just made a solid commitment and let customers know from the beginning that they would finish out the series I would've gotten them long ago.

Do you know if they're going to be giving Eyeshield 21 the same treatment?[/QUOTE]
Anime or manga? I believe Viz may have finished releasing the manga. As for the anime, it looks like Sentai only released 4 sets, covering 52 out of the 145 episodes. Volume 4 came out on February of this year. So I imagine they're probably gonna drop it. I can imagine why no one would buy the Gintama or Eyeshield 21 sets - Sentai's releasing 12/13 episode batches per set, which drives the cost of owning the series' up by having to get several volumes.

[quote name='Tsukento']Anime or manga? I believe Viz may have finished releasing the manga. As for the anime, it looks like Sentai only released 4 sets, covering 52 out of the 145 episodes. Volume 4 came out on February of this year. So I imagine they're probably gonna drop it. I can imagine why no one would buy the Gintama or Eyeshield 21 sets - Sentai's releasing 12/13 episode batches per set, which drives the cost of owning the series' up by having to get several volumes.[/QUOTE]I was referring to the anime. I'm gonna agree with you, they probably did just drop it. :wall:

bread's done
Back