RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuilewasNK']

I know a lot of stuff is streaming nowadays, but nothing beats a nice new set of DVDs or Blu-Rays.[/QUOTE]I agree, which is why I still buy.

It drives me crazy that they only show pictures for the three most recent days. It's much easier to make purchasing decisions if you can see all of the images and the names. I know they said that it's because they're having high traffic and all the image requests were killing their server, but they should upgrade their server so they can handle it — I don't remember this happening last year. Who knows; maybe they do have people working on it.

My cart so far:
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne Blu-ray
Samurai Champloo Blu-ray
Witchblade Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray
Trigun: Badlands Rumble Blu-ray
Cromartie High School DVD

Over 80 so I can use my got anime coupon for $5 off

[quote name='Razzuel']It drives me crazy that they only show pictures for the three most recent days. It's much easier to make purchasing decisions if you can see all of the images and the names. I know they said that it's because they're having high traffic and all the image requests were killing their server, but they should upgrade their server so they can handle it — I don't remember this happening last year. Who knows; maybe they do have people working on it.[/QUOTE]

Someone was complaining about the exact same thing on RightStuf's official Facebook page---RightStuf responded by saying that they've been getting too much traffic on the site due to the sale, and all the image loads were clobbering their server, so they had to reduce the number of images on the sale page

I think the sales are ineligible for coupon discounts.

I throw away all my Rightstuf coupons because never once does "I want to buy it" and "Eligible for coupons" overlap.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I think the sales are ineligible for coupon discounts.

I throw away all my Rightstuf coupons because never once does "I want to buy it" and "Eligible for coupons" overlap.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, well I might see if it will work anyway

I liked the Birdy Decode series. It's $30 on Righstuf, $36 on Amazon. I figure that it will get cheaper at some point next year. Only issue with it was the animation. There's literally one part in Season 2 where they steal the Road Runner leg running animation. I shit you not. It's pathetic. If they had spent a little more effort on the animation I'd really like it. Why I doubt it would ever be upscaled to blu ray. The animation would just suck that much more.

Edit: Oh yea, and whoever said they didn't tie up the cliff hanger from Season 1....they did? Unless I misunderstood your post.

[quote name='JoePianist']Someone was complaining about the exact same thing on RightStuf's official Facebook page---RightStuf responded by saying that they've been getting too much traffic on the site due to the sale, and all the image loads were clobbering their server, so they had to reduce the number of images on the sale page[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly what they told me when I asked them on Twitter.

[quote name='starkillr']Edit: Oh yea, and whoever said they didn't tie up the cliff hanger from Season 1....they did? Unless I misunderstood your post.[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to the mysterious woman they introduce at the end of Season 1 who drives away in a car and says, "I do believe she [Birdy] will be interesting...." If memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure that's the only time we ever see or hear of that person in the entire series

Oh hmm, that lady's face didn't ring any bells from season 2 (without re-watching it), but the driver guy re-appears at some point if I recall. I think that gets semi-explained...meh, now you're making me want to buy the DVD set and re-watch :(

[quote name='fwbweux']My inner anime noob teenager secretly kind of wants the Helling pocketwatch, but yeah, not paying that.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, after reading your comment and looking at it, it is pretty cool. Too bad everyone would think I'm a Satan-worshipper if I ever brought it out in public lol.

Ordered:

1 $1.00 * bargain1 $1 Blind Box Bargain Item
1 $5.99 * sfcl100 Clannad DVD Collection 1 (S)
1 $5.99 * sfcl200 Clannad DVD Collection 2 (S)
1 $6.99 * dchsbx3 Cromartie High School DVD Complete Co
1 $22.49 * drtv7rbs Ranma 1/2: Season 7 DVD Box Set (Hyb)
1 $7.99 * dubwbx2 This Ugly Yet Beautiful World DVD Com

Clannad Collection 1 and Ranma 1/2 were getting low on numbers, so just made an order instead or risking a sell out.

[quote name='starkillr']I liked the Birdy Decode series. It's $30 on Righstuf, $36 on Amazon. I figure that it will get cheaper at some point next year. Only issue with it was the animation. There's literally one part in Season 2 where they steal the Road Runner leg running animation. I shit you not. It's pathetic. If they had spent a little more effort on the animation I'd really like it. Why I doubt it would ever be upscaled to blu ray. The animation would just suck that much more.

Edit: Oh yea, and whoever said they didn't tie up the cliff hanger from Season 1....they did? Unless I misunderstood your post.[/QUOTE]

They had serious animation budget issues in part of the second season, definitely. There was one egregious scene where everything was basically squiggling pencil sketches and they were desperately trying to mask this like they were just trying to make the action extra-fluid but it was just really glaringly apparent. It might have been touched up for the DVD release, I'll have to check.

Animation issues aside, Season 2 had one of the most emotional plots I've ever seen in an anime. It came out of nowhere considering that Season 1's plot wasn't anything special. About the Season 1 cliffhanger, I haven't seen the show in forever so I don't quite remember what (if anything) was left hanging. There wasn't a lot of continuity from Season 1 to Season 2, I thought they were both mostly self-contained.

So are all the deals up for this sale event yet? I'm about to make my purchase, just want to make sure there isn't another line of deals coming up for the rest of the year.

[quote name='backseatdog']So are all the deals up for this sale event yet? I'm about to make my purchase, just want to make sure there isn't another line of deals coming up for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

You may want to hold off until later this evening, because there's been rumored of a bonus "13th Day" sale....RightStuf even hinted at it on a post their official Facebook page

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Inital D any good?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But it depends on the style of anime you like. The first season is definitely awesome however, i personally consider it one of the best seasons of any show ever (and I mean shows, not just anime alone).

With regards to the sale. I had to go low $ ths time. Went with Highschool of the Dead (Bluray!), Dragonball Movie 1 and Legend of the Dark Kings (or however that Fist of the North Star spinoff os named) for $37. To get the free shipping, i just went with blind boxes of $1, 5, & 10.

Was tempted for Eyeshield 21, Trinity Blood, Eden of the East Movie 2, Trigun Movie, Sekirei, etc. But once it when over $100, i decided to cut back and only buy what I might watch, even with my nasty backlog as it is.

I would hold off on Sekirei purchases. Season 3 will be next year I believe (probably closer to the fall season of 2012 at the slow rate the manga is going). Feels like that might wrap everything up, but could actually get a 4th season. One of those shows that will get packaged into one big box at some point. Funi keeps picking up the seasons, so it must be selling decently.

[quote name='starkillr']I would hold off on Sekirei purchases. Season 3 will be next year I believe (probably closer to the fall season of 2012 at the slow rate the manga is going). Feels like that might wrap everything up, but could actually get a 4th season. One of those shows that will get packaged into one big box at some point. Funi keeps picking up the seasons, so it must be selling decently.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I think you need to lower you expectations here. First off, Funimation never releases a box set of more than about 26 episodes; it just doesn't happen. Also, when has Funimation packaged a show with its sequel? Sekirei and Sekirei Pure Engagement aren't artificial seasons like Funimation likes to do with shows that are longer than 13 episodes; they're actually two distinct seasons that aired two years apart.

And if there is going to be a third season of Sekirei, Funimation isn't even going to sell it until 1-2 years after it airs, and when they do release it, it will be released by itself in its own package, like every other show.

Basically, a giant Sekirei bundle isn't going to happen, and even if the gods were defied and it did happen, it's not gonna happen for years and years. So if someone wants to watch Sekirei now (Sekirei Pure Engagement comes out in January), then now would be a good time.

Also, I recommend Sekirei, if someone doesn't mind harems and wants a bit of action. I thought it was gonna be mad stupid, since it focuses a lot on breasts, but I actually enjoyed it.

The final round of RightStuf's sale is now LIVE. It's funny---I was able to hold off on my spending and cut back on my food purchases by only eating cup ramen noddles for the past 13 days, but it turns out that there's not really anything I want from the sale, haha :lol: Maybe I'll get the "Big O" DVD Collections that are still on sale at Buy.com's on-going Bandai Entertainment Sale....

Here is what I ended up with :wall::

Angel Beats! (blu)
Cromartie High School Complete
Eden of the East Movie 2: Paradise Lost (blu)
Genshiken DVD1+Artbox (need this to hold the series)
Gintama Holiday Bundle
Hidamari Sketch Holiday Bundle
High School of the Dead (blu)
Shigofumi
Taisho Baseball Girls
Tenchi Muyo Movie Collection

Not a bad haul. I'm still debating picking up Eyeshield 21, as I really enjoyed watching it on demand. My only issue is that they probably won't release any more seasons, which would really kill the point in owning the show.

I've been meaning to pick up Last Exile and this is the cheapest I've seen. I know that blu was going to be released but it never happened. Does anyone know if we will see a blu ray release of Last Exile?

[quote name='mxwise']I've been meaning to pick up Last Exile and this is the cheapest I've seen. I know that blu was going to be released but it never happened. Does anyone know if we will see a blu ray release of Last Exile?[/QUOTE]

It looks like it was eventually canceled due to licensing problems with Geneon

Here is what I picked up:

Amagami SS Holiday DVD Bundle
Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection
Last Exile DVD Complete Series
Maid Sama DVD Holiday Bundle
Mars Daybreak DVD Collection
Shigofumi DVD Complete Collection
Tears To Tiara Blu-ray
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD Collection
Xam'd Lost Memories Blu-ray Holiday Bundle
You're Under Arrest Season 2 DVD Collection 1
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle DVD Collection

I'm still on the fence about the Gintama bundle. I just started watching it about two weeks ago on Crunchyroll.

[quote name='mxwise']Here is what I picked up:

Amagami SS Holiday DVD Bundle
Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection
Last Exile DVD Complete Series
Maid Sama DVD Holiday Bundle
Mars Daybreak DVD Collection
Shigofumi DVD Complete Collection
Tears To Tiara Blu-ray
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD Collection
Xam'd Lost Memories Blu-ray Holiday Bundle
You're Under Arrest Season 2 DVD Collection 1
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle DVD Collection

I'm still on the fence about the Gintama bundle. I just started watching it about two weeks ago on Crunchyroll.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Sentai isn't planning on releasing any more sets of Gintama on DVD, so if you don't like the idea of having an incomplete set of anime, I wouldn't recommend getting the DVDs

[quote name='Drahken']Ordered:

1 $1.00 * bargain1 $1 Blind Box Bargain Item
1 $5.99 * sfcl100 Clannad DVD Collection 1 (S)
1 $5.99 * sfcl200 Clannad DVD Collection 2 (S)
1 $6.99 * dchsbx3 Cromartie High School DVD Complete Co
1 $22.49 * drtv7rbs Ranma 1/2: Season 7 DVD Box Set (Hyb)
1 $7.99 * dubwbx2 This Ugly Yet Beautiful World DVD Com

Clannad Collection 1 and Ranma 1/2 were getting low on numbers, so just made an order instead or risking a sell out.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you listed the Blind Box item. Last time I ordered one of the Blind box bargains, I received a new Voltron set. I'm glad to see they are still having those orders to help reach free shipping.

Has anyone seen Oh! Edo Rocket? I heard it was from people who worked on Fullmetal Alchemist and Gurren Lagaan and was wondering if it was any good.

Speaking of Lagaan, two movies for $75 is crazy. Add the series and manga and then it's a bargain.

Noticed Day 13 is up. Does Mushi-shi stay on course or does it take a nosedive like you guys said Soul Eater does? This is becoming my #1 reason to avoid a blind buy of a series. Seems like lots of anime start good and turn out bad.

[quote name='Cage017']Noticed Day 13 is up. Does Mushi-shi stay on course or does it take a nosedive like you guys said Soul Eater does? This is becoming my #1 reason to avoid a blind buy of a series. Seems like lots of anime start good and turn out bad.[/QUOTE]

Mushi-shi should be a mandatory purchase for everyone. It's pretty damn amazing.

[quote name='Cage017']Has anyone seen Oh! Edo Rocket? I heard it was from people who worked on Fullmetal Alchemist and Gurren Lagaan and was wondering if it was any good.[/quote]

It probably isn't as good as those series, but it is pretty solid. Lots of silliness and anachronistic, fourth wall breaking, dialog. It was entertaining enough for me to keep watching it on the Funimation Channel, tho I don't think it is good enough that I feel like I need to own it.

Noticed Day 13 is up. Does Mushi-shi stay on course or does it take a nosedive like you guys said Soul Eater does? This is becoming my #1 reason to avoid a blind buy of a series. Seems like lots of anime start good and turn out bad.

Mushi-shi is very episodic, so I don't think you need to worry about that problem.

Personally, with all the anime I can watch between what is available on the internet and on cable, I rarely do any blind buying anymore.

[quote name='Cage017']Has anyone seen Oh! Edo Rocket? I heard it was from people who worked on Fullmetal Alchemist and Gurren Lagaan and was wondering if it was any good.[/QUOTE]
"Oh! Edo Rocket" is a great show---it starts off as a comedy that's set in Edo-era Japan, but it introduces a darker and more serious sci-fi plot that weaves in-between all the slapstick and 4th Wall jokes. It's a surprisingly well-rounded show with a good balance of comedy and genuine drama, and it was even animated by MADHOUSE Studios! I'd give it a thumbs up---if you're still unsure, watch a few episodes legally for free on Hulu.com

Day 13:

If i place another order, i'm definitely grabbing Mushi-shi and Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.

So far i've gotten:
Chromartie High School
Dance in Vampire Bund
Darker than Black
Darkside Blues
Dead Leaves
Digi Charat
Galaxy Angel AA
Madlax
Puni Pinu Poemy/Kekko Kamen set
Skull Man

So, I placed my order late last night and so far I've gotten no updates either by e-mail or on the web site that I placed an order. Should I be concerned that it didn't get placed, or should I wait to see if it comes up?

[quote name='TheLongshot']So, I placed my order late last night and so far I've gotten no updates either by e-mail or on the web site that I placed an order. Should I be concerned that it didn't get placed, or should I wait to see if it comes up?[/QUOTE]

Their website is slow to update. I have placed an order in the past and never got an e-mail for it, so it hadn't actually gone through. So it might be worth e-mailing them or something.

[quote name='mxwise']I originally ordered the set from deep discount. When I put in my request to cancel the order they had already shipped the other half of the set. So I'm just picking up the rest.[/QUOTE]

You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle DVD Complete Collection (S) $44.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/EHRwrajvpfQL8jPYQe/browse/item/91451/4/0/0

which you ordered costs 20 dollars more than the bundle with everything. Unless it was cheaper when you ordered it.

[quote name='mxwise']I originally ordered the set from deep discount. When I put in my request to cancel the order they had already shipped the other half of the set. So I'm just picking up the rest.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed it didn't say complete for You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle DVD Collection sorry for the miss-understanding.

Damn was hoping for something worthwhile today wanted to order the Tsubasa OVA and Tsuhihime. Maybe I'd be better off cancelling and reordering High School of the Dead.
gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rogueleader17']Just when I thought it was over they just keep pulling me back in.

Anyone know if Murder Princess or FMA OVa collection was any good?[/QUOTE]

The FMA OVA is only 35 minutes but I enjoyed it personally for what it is. I paid what their charging I think $5.99 + tax for it used and I can't say I regret it. Picture was decent enough too in spite of watching it on a 46 inch HDTV. Hope that helps.

[quote name='Puppet Master']The FMA OVA is only 35 minutes but I enjoyed it personally for what it is. I paid what their charging I think $5.99 + tax for it used and I can't say I regret it. Picture was decent enough too in spite of watching it on a 46 inch HDTV. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

It does, think I might pass on this one.

bread's done
Back