Rightstuf Weekly Specials - Updated Weekly

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
First off, Here's the link for the entire Weekly Specials

Lots of returning stuff it seems and a good amount of stuff that seems to be on clearance at really cheap prices like $3.99-$6/7. Haven't seen stuff this cheap at rightstuff in a long time.

Also, with alot of new and returning things I didn't leave as many comments for most as I usually would, so here is a link to Anime on DVD it has more info than I can give anyhow.

*All weekly specials from 10/13 to 10/19*

Azumanga Daioh Vol 1 + Artbox w/pins $10

Battle Royale Graphic Novel 9 (200 pgs) - $6 Great Price for a great series if you ask me. Worth picking up.
NEW

Chrno Crusade Vol 1 + Artbox $10

City Hunter Season 2 Collection 2 $25

Demon Lord Dante Boxset $30

Detatoko Princess DVD (Hyb) - $7
NEW

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) DVD 3 (Hyb) - $18 Any and every anime fan should have this series in their collection. A mediocre price at best for a dvd that only has 2 episodes on it, but it is oh so worth it. Wish I could afford it myself, but I'm waiting for when they either re-release the original boxset or come out with a new one. Rumor has it is that it should be coming very soon in the near future.
NEW

Figure 17 Complete collection $35

Final Fantasy Unlimited Vol 1 + artbox $10

G-Gundam Boxsets are $20 each
(Yeah that's right, I'm too lazy to do a link for each one) *Same for me*

Gamera 1 + Artbox $10
Live Action monster movie

Genma Wars Boxset $20
RETURNS

Hand Maid May Boxset + Extras CD $30

Heat Guy J 4-pack Box (vols 4-7) $40

Idol Project DVD 1 (Hyb): Starland Festival - $6 Another cheapo. Don't know if it's any good though.
NEW

Idol Project DVD 2 (Hyb): Final Concert - $6
NEW

If I See You in My Dreams OVA Collection DVD (Hyb) (eps 1-3) - $9 Really cheap price if this is indeed for the entire OVA and it's worth anything. No clue myself, but at that price it's really tempting me.
NEW

Jungle De Ikou $9

Kaleido Star Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Jing, King of Bandit Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Kino's Journey $10 + Artbox

Knight Hunters Complete Collection $46
RETURNS

Kurogane Communications DVD Set $20
RETURNS

Last Exile Flight Pack (vols 1-4) $30

Megazone 23 Vol 1 $5
RETURNS

Mirage of Blaze Boxset $35
RETURNS
[quote name='"Duo_Maxwell"']NEW... Best Buy does have it cheaper, but if you hate them or can't get it there, here's the best alternative (I didn't like the series anyhow)[/quote] Can be verified by nirvanaguy's statements as well. Supposed to be truly an awful show. Just leaving it up here since it was already part of the post.

Nightwalker Set (Dub only) $4

Ninja Cadets $8

New Fist of the North Star Vol 1 + artbox $10

Rahxephon Vol 1 +Tshirt + Artbox $10

Rahxephon the movie LE $13

Saber Marionette J Ultimate Collection $70

Saint Seiya Vol 1+Artbox $10

Saint Seiya Vol 5 + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol 1 + Shirt + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol. 7 + artbox #2 $10

Shura No Toki Vol 1 +Artbox + Scroll $20
RETURNS

Southern Cross DVD Set (S) - $25 This one really sounds interesting. no clue if it's any good like I have said for others, but the price for the amount of episodes is really temtping. Again, if any other users or people that read this thread and have seen this show, be sure to post cause I really would like some opinions on this one.

NEW

Sugar, A little Snow Fairy boxset LE $60

Super Gals Vol 1 +Artbox $10

Wild Arms Vol 1+ Artbox $10

Voogie's Angel $4

Ys Legacy Collection $18
RETURNS

Zaion Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Thanks a ton again Duo. this time I didn't have to do as much as in past updates so you definitely deserve credit. Not forgetting all the times you covered for me.:D:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::cool::cool:

O.K. I've updated the OP to list most of the new good and cheap stuff. iF I missed anything, then don't hesitate to say and I'll put it in the OP.

You may consider adding:

Slayers Try Set $20
Zaion OVA Bundle $15

I'm not a huge fan of either series, but considering they normally go for much more retail, they are good deals.

[quote name='_heretic']Sorry about that. I was kind of afraid that might happen. I just checked my order, and it seems I didn't get the membership discount either.

You could probably still argue it, though, since you thought you would be paying $45, but payed $50 instead. The website still doesn't have that note, so they may take it as their own mistake.[/QUOTE]

hey, on that note, i just tried the same thing with Spaceship Agga Ruter, since it's on sale this week and is in stock, so it applies for the bigmove sale, and they conveniently forgot the "no additional discounts" tag.

lowest price currently online is 16.18 at ddd, and this is 15.99 before the 20% and 10% off. final cost: $11.52 shipped.

that's pretty damn good for a 2 hour series that is essentially hentai Tenchi Muyo. Literally, it's made by the same studio that makes Tenchi. top notch animation, hilarious plot, probably my favorite hentai anime of all time. It's just a damn shame they never finished it, because the last episode ended on a cliffhanger. still, very much worth it.

Bump...added some stuff this week. Nothing too different from past weeks. This week they took off FLCL Soundtrack 1: Addict and His and Her Circumstances Box Set. It probably doesn't matter much this week anyway since the DDD is having their great semi-annual 20% off sale.

[quote name='Drahken']My Fushigi Yugi sets shipped today. Even though I got an E-mail a couple days ago saying they are working on it.[/QUOTE]

I recieved mine today. :mrgreen:

oh,, i recommend the Nightwalker set. It's 3.99 for the whole 12 episode series on dvd. Strangely its dub only. The series isn't amazing or anything but it pretty enjoyable and 12 episodes for 3.99 is pretty insane. It also makes a great little item to push up your order to free shipping. I think it would be a good compliment to anyone's Hellsing purchase.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/1qxf-YQFruBBvIgdUu/browse/item/63788/4/153/100

I wanted to update the Rightstuf Weekly Specials, but I wasn't able to get onto the site/to any of the links. I remember reading earlier in the week that because they were moving, some stuff was going to happen/likely be down. I don't remember any of it though since I just browsed over it and told myself I would just come back to it later. If anyone can get to the deals, please post and say.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wanted to update the Rightstuf Weekly Specials, but I wasn't able to get onto the site/to any of the links. I remember reading earlier in the week that because they were moving, some stuff was going to happen/likely be down. I don't remember any of it though since I just browsed over it and told myself I would just come back to it later. If anyone can get to the deals, please post and say.[/QUOTE]

They were scheduled to have 4 hours of downtime, as I recall. You just probably had really bad timing.

[quote name='Leggo']They were scheduled to have 4 hours of downtime, as I recall. You just probably had really bad timing.[/QUOTE]

I knew they were supposed to take the site down for a little but I forgot when. It's now up, so I'll do the update now.

I updated the OP with Slayers Try and Tenchi Muyo Universe, but otherwise the majority of the deals from week pasts are still there, so if you haven't by now jumped on what you want, then you should.

I passed on putting up the Marmalade Boy Collection, because I believe that it is $30 over at overstock.com

I don't know if it was up last week or not too, but $18 for Blue Sub No. 6 is pretty good considering it goes for near double retail. Plus it's a pretty good OVA IMO.

And even though I hate the show, Both Super Milk Chan volumes for $20 is a decent deal. Someone may consider it if they liked it on Adult Swim.

No one's done a real update this week, but I just looked and noticed a couple good deals that I don't think have been on here since regular updates have started...

Castle of Cagliostro $12 (Probably the best Lupin movie ever thanks to Miyazaki)
Ninja Scroll TV Ultimate Collection $30 (Just came out like 2/3 weeks ago so it's a nice price)
Street Fighter II V Boxset $26 (Surprisingly decent series at a very nice price)
Kino's Journey Vol. 1 $8
Kino's Journey Vol. 2 $8

This week's link: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ElOhVPWyCBLMn7uDMi/browse/category/4/153/0

Blood The Last Vampire is okay... decent action, but no real storyline.

Hellsing -- Awesome. It's straight up action with awesome characters and a pretty good storyline. Gonzo did the animation so it's top notch.

Samurai X: The Motion Picture -- Kind of weak for a Kenshin anime, but it's still really, really good. Very entertaining movie with the cast of Kenshin. Good action and a surprisingly good storyline.

As far as Rightstuf selling legit stuff -- yeah, they're probably the best store in terms of customer service and as far as having the items an anime fan wants -- all of which are the official product. They're great.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']No one's done a real update this week, but I just looked and noticed a couple good deals that I don't think have been on here since regular updates have started...

Castle of Cagliostro $12 (Probably the best Lupin movie ever thanks to Miyazaki)
Ninja Scroll TV Ultimate Collection $30 (Just came out like 2/3 weeks ago so it's a nice price)
Street Fighter II V Boxset $26 (Surprisingly decent series at a very nice price)
Kino's Journey Vol. 1 $8
Kino's Journey Vol. 2 $8

This week's link: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ElOhVPWyCBLMn7uDMi/browse/category/4/153/0[/QUOTE]

Thanks for kind of convering for me. I've been real busy and just haven't been feeling too well recently. Not too mention that for the past few times the updates have been fairly similiar which this one seems to be as well, but there are some notable highlights. I'll update now.

Awww crap. I some how was just logged out right when I was updating the OP. fuck. fuck. fuck. I'll try to do it maybe later since I'm tired now, or maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Went in and removed the stuff that is no longer running in the Weekly Specials. Eh, it's a start. I'll try to get through all the additions and my recommendations later. If you guys see something that's worth putting in the OP, don't hesitate to post about it in this thread.

Oh, the list of what was taken off is here:

Blood: The Last Vampire - $15.99
Blue Seed: Beyond - 11.99
Comic Party Comically Limited Savings DVD Bundle - 43.99
Demon Lord Dante DVD Box Set - 39.99
Paronoia Agent CD Soundtrack

Rightstuf owns. Between them and Deepdiscount, you have no other reason to buy anime anywhere else. Sometimes Bestbuy has a markdown but it is few and far between. Lucky for me too since I'm on the 25th disc of a series that isn't ending anytime soon.

$24.99 msrp x 60 disc series = $1,500 (damn close anyway)

I'm looking to save a penny anyway I can.

A 60 disc series?! Maybe you should tell me what it is so I intentionally can avoid getting interested in it. I'm barely able to complete the series I buy that are only 7 discs, just completed Gungrave though thanks to Best Buy stocking the last volume a week and a half in advance of it's release date.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']A 60 disc series?! Maybe you should tell me what it is so I intentionally can avoid getting interested in it. I'm barely able to complete the series I buy that are only 7 discs, just completed Gungrave though thanks to Best Buy stocking the last volume a week and a half in advance of it's release date.[/QUOTE]

Wow!?!?:shock: A 60 disc series. The max series that I have ever bought was Yu Yu Hakusho, where once I recieve my DVD from DDD there should be only one DVD left coming to a total of 32 volumes, but a lot I got for free and most for fairly cheap $10-14.99 range.

As a rule of sorts I don't go over a 10 disc series, which I only have 3 of those (and 2 were purchased as boxsets), it becomes too much of an investment for me I guess and there's always other anime, movies or games popping up that I want.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']As a rule of sorts I don't go over a 10 disc series, which I only have 3 of those (and 2 were purchased as boxsets), it becomes too much of an investment for me I guess and there's always other anime, movies or games popping up that I want.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a rule for long anime, but I mostly just wait around for box sets to come out since I like those more, and it's A) cheaper B) allows me time to watch what I currently have C) etc. etc. With Hakusho it's one of my favorite series and like I said, I got it for fairly cheap, same with my Gundam Wing series, etc. Most anime I have are cheap/box sets like Dai Guard, Gunparade March, Big O, a couple I'm forgetting.

Damn I bought ninja scroll during the DDD sale and paid 33. -.-; and it's STILL backordered

[quote name='DV8']Damn I bought ninja scroll during the DDD sale and paid 33. -.-; and it's STILL backordered[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I got the LE tin one with the action figure for like $39 or something. Now I kinda wished I hadn't, I dunno what the hell I'm gonna do with an action figure other than have it sit there and the tin looks too odd next to the other DVD cases on the shelf, coulda saved myself 9 bucks, not very CAG of me I guess...

Longest series I have is Legend of Galactic Heroes, 12 disc Core Series HK DVD set. the OVA's/movies would be another 9 discs. The Series itself is 110 eps or so and the OVA's and couple movies are another 52. I shudder to think how much a Region 1 realese will cost if it ever makes it here.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']A 60 disc series?! Maybe you should tell me what it is so I intentionally can avoid getting interested in it. I'm barely able to complete the series I buy that are only 7 discs, just completed Gungrave though thanks to Best Buy stocking the last volume a week and a half in advance of it's release date.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, a fellow Gungrave fan? That show was frickin' awesome. I got it 2 1/2 weeks early from DVDPacific which, BTW, is probably my favorite store for getting anime DVDs because they're cheap and ship stuff out damn early.

As far as a 60 disc series... I have no idea what it could be apart from Dragon Ball Z (~100 DVDs) or Dragon Ball GT.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oooh, a fellow Gungrave fan? That show was frickin' awesome. I got it 2 1/2 weeks early from DVDPacific which, BTW, is probably my favorite store for getting anime DVDs because they're cheap and ship stuff out damn early.

As far as a 60 disc series... I have no idea what it could be apart from Dragon Ball Z (~100 DVDs) or Dragon Ball GT.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's a damn excellent series, one of the few anime series where I would've like dit even more if it was even longer. The character development is excellent IMO and the mafia story arc was so damn amazing, I really wish it was longer. But I've said it before, that I'll always be blown away that they were able to pull such deep characters and plots out of a game that I beat in under 2 hours.

I hate some of the character names in Gungrave. I do realize the names were taken from the game and there are plenty of anime series with far worse names but it just bugged the hell out of me. Otherwise, really great anime. Fun game too. Did you expect anything less from the creator of Trigun?

Oh, and InuYasha is 60 discs counting the 4 films.

[quote name='valor19']I hate some of the character names in Gungrave. I do realize the names were taken from the game and there are plenty of anime series with far worse names but it just bugged the hell out of me. Otherwise, really great anime. Fun game too. Did you expect anything less from the creator of Trigun?

Oh, and InuYasha is 60 discs counting the 4 films.[/QUOTE]

The names were a little generic maybe, but it didn't bother me really. And to be perfectly honest when I first heard about becoming an anime I did think it would be less so to speak. I mean I knew the basic premise from playing the game, but I figured they'd make Brandon out to have some kind of "Vash complex" where he refused to do harm, but I was obviously mistaken and I'm very glad I was.

As for Inuyasha, wouldn't it be a little less costly plus a little easier to collect them in the Season boxsets, or have they decided not to produce those for the long run?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']
As for Inuyasha, wouldn't it be a little less costly plus a little easier to collect them in the Season boxsets, or have they decided not to produce those for the long run?[/QUOTE]

The box sets are two seasons behind the regular DVD releases is the thing. By the time the season 2 box comes out, I'll be well in to the 4th season. That and the fact that I started buying them prior to the box sets ever being released. And, no, I don't have cartoon network so I can't even watch them edited. :sad:

Sorry for the lack of coverage guys for the past couple of weeks. It's a looooonnggg story, but in short I just had a slew of problems.

I gave a looksie here and there for the Rightstuf Weekly deals, and I don't think that we missed a ton of stuff. Mostly the usual has stayed up (i.e. Fushigi Yugi, Trigun, Helsing, etc.) with a few changes. I know that they had the Big O Complete First Season Collection and some other items that I found worth it as well as other members, like Duo's recommendation of Ninja Scroll series. Great movie, but I have no clue about the series. I also know that a few of the "regulars" that Rightstuf puts up have come back in stock and then went out. Hopefully my abscence hasn't detered anyone from going to Rightstuf and checking to see what they have.

And without further ado, here's the update. Blood: The Last Vampire, Comic Party Comically Good Savings Bundle, Demon Lord Dante DVD Box Set have all come back in stock.

After 3 or 4 weeks, the two Fushigi Yugis have been taken down. It might come back in stock though, for those who hesitated on it (like me ;):)). Also Helsing was taken down :(. I so wanted to get this one, but I didn't, and still don't, have the money. Hopefully it will come in sometime again when I have the dough to pay for it. And then the worst, Trigun's out as well. :( Le Cry. Oh and that Tenchi Muyo: Universe is out also.

So that's all of it. If there's anything else that you can recommend guys please post. I'll probably not get it up this weekend (going to Comic-Con Woo!), but I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

[quote name='Grico']oh,, i recommend the Nightwalker set. It's 3.99 for the whole 12 episode series on dvd. Strangely its dub only. The series isn't amazing or anything but it pretty enjoyable and 12 episodes for 3.99 is pretty insane. It also makes a great little item to push up your order to free shipping. I think it would be a good compliment to anyone's Hellsing purchase.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/1qxf-YQFruBBvIgdUu/browse/item/63788/4/153/100[/QUOTE]

It's worth noting that there is a bi-lingual release of this that also goes on sale once in awhile... I bought it for 9.99.

40% all funimation titles right now (I can see the end to that cliffhanger on Spiral vol 2! :D )

Not a whole heck of lot this week, or the past couple weeks for that matter, there's only a couple things we haven't seen before.

Gungrave LE Boxset ... $135 (Good deal just came out over a week ago, a great series too)

RoD TV LE Boxset ... $120 (good price, the book edition is supposed to be pretty limited too IIRC, also this may have been on there before)

Bastard! ...$20 (I honestly never saw it, but I've heard good things and that's a decent price)

KO Beast Bundle ... $20 (I know nothing of this one either other than 20 is a good price for all 3 volumes)

That's basically all I saw in the way of good prices. There's some hentai titles like La Blue Girl Set ($40) heavily marked down as well, but I don't know much of anything about those but if thats your thing you may investigate the deals.

However probably the better deal this week at Rightstuf is that all FLCL dvds are on sale for about $17 or so with their current sale through 8/03. Just enter the code galaxy when you checkout to get 40% off.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Not a whole heck of lot this week, or the past couple weeks for that matter, there's only a couple things we haven't seen before.

Gungrave LE Boxset ... $135 (Good deal just came out over a week ago, a great series too)

RoD TV LE Boxset ... $120 (good price, the book edition is supposed to be pretty limited too IIRC, also this may have been on there before)

Bastard! ...$20 (I honestly never saw it, but I've heard good things and that's a decent price)

KO Beast Bundle ... $20 (I know nothing of this one either other than 20 is a good price for all 3 volumes)

That's basically all I saw in the way of good prices. There's some hentai titles like La Blue Girl Set ($40) heavily marked down as well, but I don't know much of anything about those but if thats your thing you may investigate the deals.

However probably the better deal this week at Rightstuf is that all FLCL dvds are on sale for about $17 or so with their current sale through 8/03. Just enter the code galaxy when you checkout to get 40% off.[/QUOTE]

This week is pretty weak in terms of good deals at rightstuf. If you're a brand new anime fan, there's penty to get, but if you've been hitting up the deals weekly (they update every thursday), there isnt anything on sale worth getting that you wouldnt have jumped on earlier.

Plus, the studio sale is exceptionally weak, with maybe 2 pages worth of eligible items (and only 1 of DVDs) and in my opinion, there are none worth getting.

PASS on KO Beast. The reviews for it I've read online have not been kind. Whenever I'm on the fence on buying unknown anime, I hit up www.animeondvd.com and check out what their review of it is.

For decent value, I'd say go for Aura Battler Dunbine for 7.50 per volume, and if you dont feel like waiting, the Devil Hunter Yohko set for 17.99.

Guess I shouldnt complain, I need to start saving money, so I'm glad for a week of not worrying about not being able to pay my rent.

BTW, the Street Fighter II V series is a STEAL. I thought I got a deal a few months ago when I jumped on it for 54 bucks, only for them to lower the MSRP like a month later. REALLY ticked me off.

[quote name='Leggo']This week is pretty weak in terms of good deals at rightstuf. If you're a brand new anime fan, there's penty to get, but if you've been hitting up the deals weekly (they update every thursday), there isnt anything on sale worth getting that you wouldnt have jumped on earlier.

Plus, the studio sale is exceptionally weak, with maybe 2 pages worth of eligible items (and only 1 of DVDs) and in my opinion, there are none worth getting.

PASS on KO Beast. The reviews for it I've read online have not been kind. Whenever I'm on the fence on buying unknown anime, I hit up www.animeondvd.com and check out what their review of it is.

For decent value, I'd say go for Aura Battler Dunbine for 7.50 per volume, and if you dont feel like waiting, the Devil Hunter Yohko set for 17.99.

Guess I shouldnt complain, I need to start saving money, so I'm glad for a week of not worrying about not being able to pay my rent.

BTW, the Street Fighter II V series is a STEAL. I thought I got a deal a few months ago when I jumped on it for 54 bucks, only for them to lower the MSRP like a month later. REALLY ticked me off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, like I said at the start there, there's only been slim pickings the past few weeks (though they were rolling out nic deals for awhile there). But the DVD forum's slow when it comes to traffic, so if I spot something for the week that is lower in price than places like amazon, DDD, etc, etc. then I post it (which is one reason why I do leave off some things from time to time) even if I've never seen it or really even heard about it. So I figure I may as well do it cuz I check'em every week anyhow, but of course as usual if anyone else spots any other anime deals (right stuf or otherwise) feel free to post away.

A less than impressive selection of deals again this week (better than the past couple though), some quick highlights include:

Armitage III: Dual-Matrix (lunchbox/figure SE) .... $25

Fushigi Yugi OVA Set .... $35

Fushigi Yugi Eikoden (feature).... $14

Hand Maid May Boxset .... $30 (never seen it, got a B+ from animeondvd and it's well below the standard price)

Heat Guy J 4-pack .... $40 (vols. 4-7)

Miami Guns Vol. 1 ... $15 (never seen this either, has a B+ from animeondvd as well though)

Ninja Scroll TV Ultimate Collection... $30 (it's back again this week)

Patlabor WXIII SE .... $25

Pretear vol 1 + artbox .... $10

Scrapped Princess Vol 2 LE (w/figure).... $30

Southern Cross Complete Set.... $25 (a classic mech series imo)

Revolutionary Girl Utena Boxset .... $48 (Rose Collection 1&2, plus movie)

You're Under Arrest TV Collection 2 .... $55

Yugo the Negotiator vol 1.... $9 (just came out a week or so ago)

Also this week: King of the Bandit, Jing Volumes 1-4 have been placed in the Bargin Bin for only $6 each (vol 1+ artbox is on speacial for $10 as well), it's a good series IMHO.

Weekly specials link: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gjm3V0c9CDt-Gu0vm=/browse/category/4/153/0

DVD Bargin bin link:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gjm3V0c9CDt-Gu0vm=/browse/category/4/2334/72

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']A less than impressive selection of deals again this week (better than the past couple though), some quick highlights include:

Hand Maid May Boxset .... $30 (never seen it, got a B+ from animeondvd and it's well below the standard price)

Miami Guns Vol. 1 ... $15 (never seen this either, has a B+ from animeondvd as well though)

Also this week: King of the Bandit, Jing Volumes 1-4 have been placed in the Bargin Bin for only $6 each (vol 1+ artbox is on speacial for $10 as well), it's a good series IMHO.

Weekly specials link: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gjm3V0c9CDt-Gu0vm=/browse/category/4/153/0

DVD Bargin bin link:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gjm3V0c9CDt-Gu0vm=/browse/category/4/2334/72[/QUOTE]

Very nice picks this week, although you're missing El-Hazard: The Alternative World for $35.

Also, I've always had a special place in my heart for Sol Bianca, although admittedly I haven't seen this Sol Bianca: The Legacy series. I've been dying to, but the cheapest I've seen it before this week was about 50 bucks, and dvdpricesearch is reporting 38.12 at dvdpacific as the next cheapest at the moment, so in terms of deals, this is a great one, only $25. AoD gives this series an A, so I'd say give it a chance.

Hand Maid May for $30 is a weekly deal mainstay, along with the G-Gundam 20$ sets, Saber Marionette J Complete for 69 (?), and Nightwalker for 3.99. While those are all excellent deals in their own right, they wont be going anywhere. :)

I thought that except for one episode that Sol Bianca Sucked. If you want my copy I'll trade or sell it to you for a good price.

And are you sure that's right? I got it for $30 at DDD during a Genon sale.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I thought that except for one episode that Sol Bianca Sucked. If you want my copy I'll trade or sell it to you for a good price.

And are you sure that's right? I got it for $30 at DDD during a Genon sale.[/QUOTE]

there were two sol bianca series, are you sure you're talking about the same one?

I generally always saw this set at 50, so I'm going to jump on it at 25 now. I saw the originals, and while it wasn't anything to write home about, Sol Bianca was one of the first anime titles i saw.

is Mosquiton any good?

Sol Bianca The Legacy was just kind of an extended remake of the original OAV I think (because it got cut short or never finished). Never seen either but heard good things, I probably shouldn't have missed that one but it's a good pickup for that price.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']A less than impressive selection of deals again this week (better than the past couple though), some quick highlights include:

DVD Bargin bin link:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gjm3V0c9CDt-Gu0vm=/browse/category/4/2334/72[/QUOTE]

I got the Armitage 3 Lunch box set at Suncoast for $10. And has Right Stuff sold the Gungrave Art Box by itself?

Okay, I have The Legacy which only has six episodes.

I thought that except for the opening music and the episode where they go through a recreation of Dante's Hell that the show was poorly done and ho hum. It didn't help with all the CG, because I just don't like CG as much.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I got the Armitage 3 Lunch box set at Suncoast for $10. And has Right Stuff sold the Gungrave Art Box by itself?[/QUOTE]

Good deal, and no they haven't to the best of my knowledge. In fact I've been looking for nearly 3 weeks now and haven't found anyplace selling just the empty artox for Gungrave. I may have to try my hand at making some of my own (I think that artbox is kinda fugly anyhow).

Yeah well, kinda fell asleep at the whel last week and this week, but thats ok because there's not too much that we haven't seen but still some worthy a post.

Adventures of the Mini Goddesses Boxset $40 (have no clue about it other than a bargin price and it got a B+ from anime on DVD)

Chobits Box #1 $42

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Vol 1 $18 (I know nothing about it other than it's sometimes hard to find and that's a fair price, got a B from animeondvd)

Kino's Journey Vol 1 + Artbox $10 (there's a few others volumes in the bargin bin there too)

L/R DVD Boxset $55

Genesis Climber Mospeada Boxset $25 (seems like a discount on Robotech material shows)

Rupan III: Fuma conspiracy $10 (it's really Lupin, but law suits and copyrights force a name change, still it's a great Lupin movie)

Saint Seiya Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Street Fighter II V Boxset $26 (A nice series & probably the best price you'll find it for)

Revolutionary Girl Utena Box #2: Black Rose Saga $60

Yugo the Negotiator Vol 1 + Artbox $12 ( I hear BB sells this for $13 now, so I'd only suggest it if you want to add something to cap off the $50 & over for free shipping)

So that's all I saw this week, though as usual I probably missed something and I was little late this week but you still have a couple more days left (P.S. Buy Street Fighter II V).

Edit for the link:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/lDmFMxurk=NpQpbi-O/browse/category/4/153/0

I know this might come off as sounding rude, but as much as I try to contribute to the site and everything and I really do try to update this thread as much as I can, if somebody could maybe take reigns for a while and post them the way I did (or anyway they want), that'd be greatly appreciated since with school and other issues arising, I haven't been having a lot of time now.

bread's done
Back