Rightstuf Weekly Specials - Updated Weekly

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
First off, Here's the link for the entire Weekly Specials

Lots of returning stuff it seems and a good amount of stuff that seems to be on clearance at really cheap prices like $3.99-$6/7. Haven't seen stuff this cheap at rightstuff in a long time.

Also, with alot of new and returning things I didn't leave as many comments for most as I usually would, so here is a link to Anime on DVD it has more info than I can give anyhow.

*All weekly specials from 10/13 to 10/19*

Azumanga Daioh Vol 1 + Artbox w/pins $10

Battle Royale Graphic Novel 9 (200 pgs) - $6 Great Price for a great series if you ask me. Worth picking up.
NEW

Chrno Crusade Vol 1 + Artbox $10

City Hunter Season 2 Collection 2 $25

Demon Lord Dante Boxset $30

Detatoko Princess DVD (Hyb) - $7
NEW

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) DVD 3 (Hyb) - $18 Any and every anime fan should have this series in their collection. A mediocre price at best for a dvd that only has 2 episodes on it, but it is oh so worth it. Wish I could afford it myself, but I'm waiting for when they either re-release the original boxset or come out with a new one. Rumor has it is that it should be coming very soon in the near future.
NEW

Figure 17 Complete collection $35

Final Fantasy Unlimited Vol 1 + artbox $10

G-Gundam Boxsets are $20 each
(Yeah that's right, I'm too lazy to do a link for each one) *Same for me*

Gamera 1 + Artbox $10
Live Action monster movie

Genma Wars Boxset $20
RETURNS

Hand Maid May Boxset + Extras CD $30

Heat Guy J 4-pack Box (vols 4-7) $40

Idol Project DVD 1 (Hyb): Starland Festival - $6 Another cheapo. Don't know if it's any good though.
NEW

Idol Project DVD 2 (Hyb): Final Concert - $6
NEW

If I See You in My Dreams OVA Collection DVD (Hyb) (eps 1-3) - $9 Really cheap price if this is indeed for the entire OVA and it's worth anything. No clue myself, but at that price it's really tempting me.
NEW

Jungle De Ikou $9

Kaleido Star Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Jing, King of Bandit Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Kino's Journey $10 + Artbox

Knight Hunters Complete Collection $46
RETURNS

Kurogane Communications DVD Set $20
RETURNS

Last Exile Flight Pack (vols 1-4) $30

Megazone 23 Vol 1 $5
RETURNS

Mirage of Blaze Boxset $35
RETURNS
[quote name='"Duo_Maxwell"']NEW... Best Buy does have it cheaper, but if you hate them or can't get it there, here's the best alternative (I didn't like the series anyhow)[/quote] Can be verified by nirvanaguy's statements as well. Supposed to be truly an awful show. Just leaving it up here since it was already part of the post.

Nightwalker Set (Dub only) $4

Ninja Cadets $8

New Fist of the North Star Vol 1 + artbox $10

Rahxephon Vol 1 +Tshirt + Artbox $10

Rahxephon the movie LE $13

Saber Marionette J Ultimate Collection $70

Saint Seiya Vol 1+Artbox $10

Saint Seiya Vol 5 + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol 1 + Shirt + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol. 7 + artbox #2 $10

Shura No Toki Vol 1 +Artbox + Scroll $20
RETURNS

Southern Cross DVD Set (S) - $25 This one really sounds interesting. no clue if it's any good like I have said for others, but the price for the amount of episodes is really temtping. Again, if any other users or people that read this thread and have seen this show, be sure to post cause I really would like some opinions on this one.

NEW

Sugar, A little Snow Fairy boxset LE $60

Super Gals Vol 1 +Artbox $10

Wild Arms Vol 1+ Artbox $10

Voogie's Angel $4

Ys Legacy Collection $18
RETURNS

Zaion Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Thanks a ton again Duo. this time I didn't have to do as much as in past updates so you definitely deserve credit. Not forgetting all the times you covered for me.:D:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::cool::cool:

I'm not sure how much/how good of a deal this is, but since I've been looking for one, I thought I'd post it here and see what you guys say.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO012157

The link's for texhnolyze, which I have been wanting to see for a while. $30 or cheaper (if I wait for 20% off sale) for the series doesn't seem bad. Couldn't find a set on rightstuf, which only has individual DVDs and for a lot more.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey guys, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things with the Rightstuf postings. I see that Duo's been doing a superb job in my abscence, but I think that I may be able to manage it now with my schedule. Duo's already posted for today's/this week's ads, but maybe from next Thursday I could start picking up the slack as well (and changing the first post of the deals.);) I'm going to go and update them now.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear of your renewed interest, but I actually haven't done this week's deals yet. I was actually getting ready too, but it's your thread so feel free. Also certainly don't feel obligated to keep doing things the way I have been doing (by including older listings and such). My way is archaic and slow so use whatever you feel like.

And I second the Mirage of Blaze non-recommnedation. Like I said above I didn't like the series at all, thankfully I just borrowed it from a friend but I was tempted to buy it like you at Best Buy but went with Gunparade March instead after seeing Mirage of Blaze, it's pretty sub-par IMHO.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Glad to hear of your renewed interest, but I actually haven't done this week's deals yet. I was actually getting ready too, but it's your thread so feel free. Also certainly don't feel obligated to keep doing things the way I have been doing (by including older listings and such). My way is archaic and slow so use whatever you feel like.

And I second the Mirage of Blaze non-recommnedation. Like I said above I didn't like the series at all, thankfully I just borrowed it from a friend but I was tempted to buy it like you at Best Buy but went with Gunparade March instead after seeing Mirage of Blaze, it's pretty sub-par IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll get to them tomorrow since it's late here and I have a test tomorrow. (should see them up around 3:00/4:00ish PST if not earlier) Hopefully this'll be good for everyone, er...at least for now.

I'm sure it can wait til tomorrow, hell I went a solid week or two forgetting all about it.

As for the Texhnolyze deal check DVD Planet because I think it's only like $29.99 shipped (almost bought it during their last sale, decided to wait for a possible boxset). Not outstandingly better or anything but saves ya about $2.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm not sure how much/how good of a deal this is, but since I've been looking for one, I thought I'd post it here and see what you guys say.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO012157

The link's for texhnolyze, which I have been wanting to see for a while. $30 or cheaper (if I wait for 20% off sale) for the series doesn't seem bad. Couldn't find a set on rightstuf, which only has individual DVDs and for a lot more.[/QUOTE]
That link is for the first volume of Texhnolyze only. The title is misleading, look at the running time. Also, it's a Geneon series, and they're notorious for releasing nothing but really pricey complete sets.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool. I'll get to them tomorrow since it's late here and I have a test tomorrow. (should see them up around 3:00/4:00ish PST if not earlier) Hopefully this'll be good for everyone, er...at least for now.[/QUOTE]

Scratch this....they'll have to be on hold till later. Shit came up, that is all.

It has been updated! Really, it wasn't too bad this time around...just modified what Duo had done for now. But then again, I nearly had a heart attack with it since I got logged out of CAG for some reason, and I had thought I had lost all that I had done for 15-25 minutes, but thank god I had saved it to Word. Phew.. So read up guys. Oh, and if anyone has something that they think I might have missed, be sure to post as well and I'll put it up. Think I got all of the new additions, as well as some that I thougth were worthy of being up there.

Oh and I'll just group this in with this post, anybody know where I can get a cheap price on Peacock King DVD Collection. My friend keeps touting it as such an awesome anime, if not the best anime evar! so I really want to see it.

Here's the link to it and for $72 it seems like way way too much for the show. hasn't it been out for a while anyhow? Couldn't find it at DDD and haven't really tried looking anywhere else yet. maybe someone knows if it has been clearanced out at some other store sometime before?

P.S. Oh and someone please tell me if this is any good. The premise really sounds intriguing. Souther Cross

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']It has been updated! Really, it wasn't too bad this time around...just modified what Duo had done for now. But then again, I nearly had a heart attack with it since I got logged out of CAG for some reason, and I had thought I had lost all that I had done for 15-25 minutes, but thank god I had saved it to Word. Phew.. So read up guys. Oh, and if anyone has something that they think I might have missed, be sure to post as well and I'll put it up. Think I got all of the new additions, as well as some that I thougth were worthy of being up there.

Oh and I'll just group this in with this post, anybody know where I can get a cheap price on Peacock King DVD Collection. My friend keeps touting it as such an awesome anime, if not the best anime evar! so I really want to see it.

Here's the link to it and for $72 it seems like way way too much for the show. hasn't it been out for a while anyhow? Couldn't find it at DDD and haven't really tried looking anywhere else yet. maybe someone knows if it has been clearanced out at some other store sometime before?

P.S. Oh and someone please tell me if this is any good. The premise really sounds intriguing. Souther Cross[/QUOTE]

Peacock King is at DeepDiscount and other retailers too, but it's probably listed under the more common American title, Spirit Warrior. Try searching that way, you'll likely get more results and cheaper prices. Though to be honest I think your friend may be off his/her rocker, the show was pretty average I thought. If possible just borrow their copy before dropping alot of cash on it (I do this all the time with shows I haven't seen).

And Southern Cross is a pretty good anime IMO, especially if you enjoy mecha/military type shows. It was actually one of the shows they took to create Robotech from. However, there is no dub for it so if watching something in subs bothers you (I doubt it does though) I wouldn't recommend it then.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
P.S. Oh and someone please tell me if this is any good. The premise really sounds intriguing. Souther Cross[/QUOTE]

Do note Southern Cross is from 1984 so the animation won't be great and its certaintly a "old school" anime. I picked up Southern Cross up during one of the ADV sales but haven;'t watched it yet. I did watch the Robotech version and it was pretty decent.

Rightstuf has a new sale going on:

"From now until 11/9, get 40% OFF Retail price on select ADV and SoftCel DVDs and 33% OFF Retail price on select graphic novels, shirts, CDs, and other merchandise!"

Yep, I just saw the email. Coupon code: sweet. Link to sale items.

Random box sets (too lazy to list them all):
Arc the Lad Complete Collection - $48.59
Crying Freeman Complete Collection - $24.29
Full Metal Panic Complete Collection (Thinpack) - $48.59
Nadia Secret of Blue Water Collections 1&2 - $26.99 ea.
Noir Complete Collection (Thinpack) - $48.59

They have some live action series as well such as Beastmaster and Mutant X.
Farscape S1-S4 sets are selling at $80.99 each. Awesome show, but I'll hold out til they drop to $50.

[quote name='Grico']Do note Southern Cross is from 1984 so the animation won't be great and its certaintly a "old school" anime. I picked up Southern Cross up during one of the ADV sales but haven;'t watched it yet. I did watch the Robotech version and it was pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

They did clean up the transfer some for this realese so it at least appears better then the grainy originals like on the first robotech dvd sets but it's still not as good as the cleanup job Animeigo did on Macross.

[quote name='moiety']Is the OP no longer being updated?[/QUOTE]
Not sure, but in the words of Frank the Tank, "Okay I'll do one..."
To be honest I haven't looked at it this week and it has been rather weak lately, but this week it looks like they've got some decent deals going for some box sets. However I'm only doing the newer stuff that isn't on the front page OP.

Arjuna Complete Collection $30

Castle of Cagliostro $12
Honestly if you haven't seen or don't like this film and you consider your self an anime fan of sorts, people should throw things at you as you walk down the street.

His and Her Circumstances Box Set $40
Looks like one cager already bought it and it's a heck of a buy at this price.

Inu Yasha Season 1 Box Set $65
Just squeaks by DDD's price I think...

Inu Yasha Season 2 Deluxe Box Set $76
Same here...

Liscnsed by Royalty Box Set LE $55

Rayearth OVA Collection $15

Now and Then, Here and There DVD Box Set $21
I know it's been around there awhile but it's the best alternative to Bestprices.com who seems to have it in stock less and less

Robotech Protoculture Collection $78
May personally buy this one seeing as how DDD dropped it from their site (jerks).

Saikano Complete Collection $50
AKA She, the Ultimate Weapon, it's pretty good stuff and just came out last week.

Virtua Fighter TV Series Round One Set $13

Virtua Fighter TV Series Round Two Set $13
I'll be honest, the series is pretty freakin' lame, but it is a deal so I included it.

speaking of DDD, I know ADV asked them to not include them in their sale, but the sale is over and their DVDs still arent available on DDD, and I was looking forward to buying the Those Who Hunt Elves set. Anyone know what the story is?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Castle of Cagliostro $12
Honestly if you haven't seen or don't like this film and you consider your self an anime fan of sorts, people should throw things at you as you walk down the street.[/QUOTE]
:lol: it's certainly a classic

bread's done
Back