RIP Steve Jobs OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']So Pennsylvanians, you guys have any good ideas for service providers? "My" internet went down last night and my one roommate went over to the library today and according to them, it's working fine. A pain in the ass to deal with them every so often. Of course, my dad can be cheap, and the other guy's dad is stubborn and won't pay for internet, so it looks like if I want good internet, I'm going to need to fork over some dough.

Haven't gone through a phone book yet, but CenturyLink and Comcast come to mind and apparently Vonage does internet. I'd rather not deal with Verizon only because when I lived in WV for a year, it took fucking forever for them to install our internet there.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure whatever you go with you control the router.
Make people chip in for the key. If they don't pay, change the key. Simple as that.

"My internet isn't working, JStryke."
"You didn't get me your $10. Give me the dough and I'll give you the new key."

My parents use centurylink out in the country and have had minimal outages.

I also use centurylink and haven't had any problems (But I've only been here about 2 months)

One thing I've been finding out is my options appear limited thanks to living in the middle of nowhere. While I'm only 20 minutes shy of York, it's like nobody wants to extend this far. CenturyLink, Verizon, and Comcast seem to be the two options right now. And no, I'm not doing satellite internet. That's just asking for trouble imo.

I'm surprised the phone book didn't show many options either. I was kind of hoping for some ideas from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back