Road to Wrestlemania that points at the Wrestlemania sign Wrestlemania XXVIII thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KaneRobot']...really? In Your House for the Saturn was the worst wrestling game I ever bought. I'm surprised that game appealed to anyone.

I did take the CD and record all the commentary and entrance themes on a cassette tape though.[/QUOTE]

agreed.. I liked the roster mainly because of warrior but its worse than the arcade game in every way...

Might try to hit this up this friday night in miami beach..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66yb_8WUWM8

If anyone wants a good place to watch wrestlemania in HD for cheap pm me, you can check out the site I use. They show all mma shows and weekly wrestling events as well.

What a difference a year makes. If you had told me a year ago that the seemingly dull low points of this year's Wrestlemania would be Jericho/Punk and Rock, I would have said you're crazy and yet that seems to be the most dull aspects of any of the angles. Hell, I think I'm more interested in Team John vs. Team Teddy than I am in Jericho/Punk.

Now, to be fair, I will admit that I've missed the last couple weeks but from what I saw tonight there's literally nothing compelling about Jericho/Punk and the Rock's promos are almost embarrassing at this point. "Civil war pie"? Really, that's what you could come up with. I have a bad feeling this Wrestlemania return is going to do nothing but tarnish the Rock's memory.

Edit- Cena's promo just completely outclassed Rock. One of the best Cena promos I've ever seen.

Jericho's promos on Punk the last two weeks were really solid, but this week seemed repetitive. Punk needed to get some fire, however (sadly at Christian's expense, but whatever, as much as I like him WWE has him pegged as a jobber) in order to create something compelling. If it was all Jericho getting heat on Punk, the build would have been like Triple H/Jericho at WMX8. Ugh.

I missed the Rock's promo until Cena came out - busy work night and I was watching hockey anyway - but Cena was just okay vs Rock. Again, he was better the past few weeks. Tonight didn't really compel me too terribly much. More than I expected, but not enough to really feel compelled to order WM on Sunday.

Besides, Cersei Lannister is a far better heel than anyone in WWE right now, so I'm watching Game of Thrones' season premiere instead.

good looking out on the $2 Dragon Gate PPV. If I'm home, there's no way I shouldn't order that.

Rock and Cenas promos were alright, but I thought the crowd REALLY killed them. Trash crowd that gave no shits about either of them.

I guess I just missed the good Jericho promos then. Even with Jericho having strong promos aside, Punk's march toward staleness continues.

Rock's promo until Cena came out was absolutely terrible. Maybe that's why I thought so much higher of Cena's promo but I think even the Rock realized how terrible his Betty White "jokes" were because he seemed to be pausing in the middle of it.

Overall, that really didn't seem much like a last Raw before Wrestlemania though.

[quote name='SEH']Rock and Cenas promos were alright, but I thought the crowd REALLY killed them. Trash crowd that gave no shits about either of them.[/QUOTE]

It seemed like the usual Cena crowd but they were really anti-Rock it seemed like.

[quote name='mykevermin']good looking out on the $2 Dragon Gate PPV. If I'm home, there's no way I shouldn't order that.[/QUOTE]

I do wish the Dragon Gate iPPV wasn't happening the same time as ROH Showdown In The Sun Part 1 - or at least the $2 price would include ondemand replay. Oh well. ROH it is for me since I'm far more invested in wanting to see those two shows.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Punk's march toward staleness[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Yeah, there's something to be said about that. It's hard to have any faith in the guy because he's now a part of the system he maligned for years on the indies, and a product that he lambasted in the middle of last year, yet hasn't changed a bit. He's the epitome of "well, I got mine, so fuck the cause" kind of persona that people lament. He's just another cog, another happy sportz entertainer™ who parades out for short matches that are uninspired, noncompetitive, and have no influence on angles, aren't followed up on, etc. Who did...oh, right, Christian. I'll ask that question to you again in 4 weeks and neither of us will know the answer - and the WWE won't know or won't do anything with it either.

So Punk rebelled last year, got a push, got a paycheck, and got his t-shirts. Yet none of his substantive critiques of the product are any different. The format still de-emphasizes matches, features too many skits, doesn't push wrestlers, has too much talking, etc. But his royalty checks are niiiiiiice.

In punk rock social scenes, I believe the phrase they would use to define Punk is "sellout."

Chris Jericho's representatives have negotiated an extension on his current WWE deal, which was originally for six months. The challenger for CM Punk's WWE Championship at WrestleMania has extended his contract for several months, and will be "full time" in WWE through the summer.

It is not known what happens to the Fozzy concert tour that was originally scheduled for the summer, but Jericho's tenure in WWE for what he has been jokingly calling "this tour of duty" has been confirmed as "extended," which means he will either continue feuding with CM Punk or be a major part of the WWE draft to help the Smackdown brand after WrestleMania.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm. Yeah, there's something to be said about that. It's hard to have any faith in the guy because he's now a part of the system he maligned for years on the indies, and a product that he lambasted in the middle of last year, yet hasn't changed a bit. He's the epitome of "well, I got mine, so fuck the cause" kind of persona that people lament. He's just another cog, another happy sportz entertainer™ who parades out for short matches that are uninspired, noncompetitive, and have no influence on angles, aren't followed up on, etc. Who did...oh, right, Christian. I'll ask that question to you again in 4 weeks and neither of us will know the answer - and the WWE won't know or won't do anything with it either.

So Punk rebelled last year, got a push, got a paycheck, and got his t-shirts. Yet none of his substantive critiques of the product are any different. The format still de-emphasizes matches, features too many skits, doesn't push wrestlers, has too much talking, etc. But his royalty checks are niiiiiiice.

In punk rock social scenes, I believe the phrase they would use to define Punk is "sellout."[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Rock/Cena special and Raw thoughts -

Great special overall, although the Twitter stuff and glorified extended Fruity Pebbles ad were a tad much. Seeing Rock get his chief's title in Samoa was pretty awesome. Rock being so spiritually close to his family made him seem like an incredible human being - ditto for Cena with his Make a Wish stuff. Raw started with Orton and Sheamus against Bryan and Kane. For some reason, Booker was on the go-home show for the biggest show of the year. They said it was because it was a supershow, but every Raw is one...so I guess it was due to them being the home of WCW. They had an okay match with no heat outside of Orton's powerslam comeback. Cole talked about Twitter due to Orton trending. For some reason, Kane the inhuman monster saved Bryan. And Booker called Kane the Big Red Mustard. I really loved Kane chokeslamming Sheamus to give Bryan the win...although it likely means Bryan's losing at the PPV, which I'm not a fan of. Could also be a sign of Kane-Sheamus as a feud, which could easily be God-awful. Hopefully they at least do a few Bryan-Sheamus rematches, then transition to Sheamus-Christian

Cole came out to pimp Team Johnny and say that he's the official commentator for Team Johnny - GO TEAM JOHNNY. Then Otunga came out in a super-tiny shirt to pose. I was hoping that J.R. would be announced as the commentator for Team Teddy, but instead, it was Booker T. Then Santino faced Otunga in a nothing match and won, leading to Miz attacking Santino and Ace naming him as the newest member of Team Teddy...Johnny. That was tremendous. Christian-Punk was announced - while it sucks that his return match wasn't hyped up in the slightest before hand, it's nice to see him come back in a main event slot. Loved the awesome Taker-HHH video, and they finally showed a bunch of awesome Cell clips to sell that part of the match. Kelly found a way to look more orange by wearing orange gear. She won via Oklahoma roll after a missed moonsault. Match was okay and short. WWE patted themselves on the back for inviting Make a Wish families to WM.

Before Punk could face Christian, he was called the legal definition of a bastard by Jericho. That was just kinda there, although it did fire Punk up in the match. Jericho's delivery wasn't as good as Bossman's eons ago. Punk kicked his ass, then GTSed him using the steps before applying the Vise on the floor using the steps for leverage. I think Christian won by DQ, but Punk just left and had his theme played...so yeah. This was a huge step down from last week's awesome stuff with Jericho and Punk and was a waste of Christian. They said that Christian was reinjured, to I guess open the door for a last-second surprise partner for Team Johnny. Brodus killed CURT HAWKINS, not Curtis like King said twice. They shilled the HoF special next Monday night with the Horsemen, Tyson, and Edge getting inducted. Annoyingly, they said go to their site to see everyone who's being inducted and their inductors instead of just showing a graphic with that info.

Show faced Primo to further establish the tag champs as jobbers - as if the booking and the WWE.com vid showing champions and not showing them didn't do that enough. They said that Christian was out of the Team Johnny match. Show killed Primo, then chokeslammed Epico afterwards. Cody cut an annoying promo about "Big Showing" 5,000 things, but delivered it as well as possible and I really can't wait to see their match. I'm looking forward to that more than the WHC match because of the chemistry these two have together. On Twitter, Ace announced that Drew will be on Team Johnny. Brie and Nikki debated Team Johnny and Teddy in a COMPLETELY ORGANIC CONVERSATION. And then Zack annoyed both of them, including the one on his side. Idiot. Punk cut his impersonation of a slow, intense Jake Roberts promo and apparently took great offense to Jericho saying his mother had no vices by saying that was too much. Henry came out with his shirt over his Team Johnny shirt - that was great. What wasn't great was him having to face Khali. Match only lasted a minute though, so it wasn't long enough to suck. Team Johnny blocked the way...in one direction to prevent Teddy from getting killed by Henry. Loved Kofi jumping into the ring off of the pile only to get slammed - probably should've saved that spot for Mania. Booker kicked Henry's ass to join Team Teddy. Well, I'd rather have him in the match than call it, so this is an upgrade. He's still a lot of fun to watch in a match since he's more motivated in WWE over the past year than he was in TNA...minus maybe the Roode feud. Way too much of the show has been dedicated to what is really a mid-card comedy match that is kind of being sold as a main event-level one given how much air time it was given compared to either world title match and everything that isn't Rock/Cena or HHH/Taker.

Can't believe they didn't have anything beyond a single video package to build up the Taker-HHH match on the go-home show. The constant Rock-Cena videos showing the history of the two were quite good, but also hurt guys like Truth and Miz by saying that the tag match wasn't about them. This show sucked so much that Rock barely got a polite applause when he came out. Then he got a Rocky sucks chant, then booed. Wow. They've found a way to absolutely kill the Rock as a special attraction. Then he goddam near saved the show and prevented WWE from killing the town by being awesome and getting the crowd excited. Cena came out and did his deal, told jokes, and quieted the crowd down a bit. Then he said he's better than the Rock because unlike everyone else, HE DOESN'T TURN HEEL ON THE WWE UNIVERSE. HE RISES ABOVE! Cena came off as pretty smarmy here. Cena said that he's been around in WWE longer (and sure hasn't made as much of an impact as the Rock) and that Rock wasn't around when things were bad (even though his debut involved THE STALKER), and then meandered around from point to point until Rock saved things by saying he HAD to win to prove he was the greatest superstar ever. Rock was awesome here, but Cena definitely looked like the second-place guy here. The final segment was great as a whole, but the show was far from it.

Screens -

Quotes -
King – Michael, you must be the biggest hypocrite in WWE history – YOU USED TO HATE DANIEL BRYAN!
Cole – I'm a credible journalist just stating facts.
King – CREDIBLE JOURNALIST!?
Cole – I've won many awards.
Cole – YOU SEE RANDY ORTON TRENDING WORLDWIDE ON TWITTER – ONE OF THE MOST TALKED-ABOUT TOPICS!
Cole – MOMENTS AGO, I WAS NAMED THE OFFICIAL COMMENTATOR FOR TEAM JOHNNY!
Cole – THE NUMBER 1 TREND IN THE WORLD IS MICHAEL COLE! THANK YOU COLE MINERS! WRESTLEMANIA ISN'T TRENDING WORLDWIDE – MICHAEL COLE!
Ace – CONGRATS MIZ ON BEING ON TEAM TEDDY! JOHNNY!
Booker – WHAT? HE AIN'T DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR!
Jericho – Punk, up here – listen to me, Punk! You claim to be the best in the world, but we know it's not true. At WM, I'll beat you and become the new WWE Champion. I'll expose you as a fraud – not only as a professional fraud, but a personal one as well. Your father's an alcoholic and your sister's got problems with substance abuse. But I've done more digging and found out some facts about your mother. It turns out she's a kind, decent woman with no vices – WHO'D A THUNK THAT!? But I did find out one piece of info – your parents' wedding date took place after your birthdate. So that makes you the legal definition of a bastard!
Booker – T-REX SLIDE!
Cole – How do you know this stuff?
Booker – I'M A JOURNALIST, DAWG!
Cody – Hold on – it's not like you're going to catch me. It's like a water buffalo chasing a cheetah – it doesn't happen. And we have our time – this Sunday. WRESTLEMANIA. Does that word scare you? THE SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS! Time after time you fail. There's a great quote – it's in the nature of every person to error, but only a fool perserveres in error. We're gonna take your name and make it a verb – students will pray that they don't Big Show on their finals. Young men at the bar hope they don't Big Show with the ladies. And even better...I gotta take a Big Show. And you'll Big Show yourself when I retain the IC TITLE, MY IC TITLE ON APRIL FOOL'S DAY. WHEN ON THAT DAY, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER WM, YOU'LL BE THE BIGGEST FOOL OF ALL!
Punk – You wanna know what I think about what he's said about my father, mother, and sister? WANNA KNOW HOW I FEEL? ASK CHRISTIAN HOW I FEEL! I'm not off-limits, but my family is. He can call me whatever he wants – he can claim he's the best in the world, and when he talked about my father, I said he's had his problems, but he's in a better place now. MY SISTER IS A FABRICATION, and what he said about my mother is a total lie. I'M NOT A BASTARD, I'M THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD!
Henry – YOU LISTEN TO ME – THAT'S HOW IT'S GONNA BE! EVERY NIGHT!
Teddy – Don'y tou be touching on my shoes.
Rock – 2004, WM 20. THE ROCK COMPETED IN WHAT MANY THOUGHT WOULD BE HIS LAST WM MATCH EVER. Every day since then the question's been asked, Rock, when ya coming back to WM? Everywhere the Rock went – Rock when ya coming back. Rock goes in for his yearly checkup – drop your pants, turn your head and cough...and when ya coming back? I KNOW I'M COMING BACK, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHEN, AND I'M NOT DROPPING MY PANTS – YOU'RE MY DENTIST! Rock's got a freaky dentist. All the starlets telling the Rock come on over here and dominate this delicous pie, but when ya coming back. And for God's sake, cover that up Betty White – trying to give the Rock some of that Civil War pie. The rock didn't know when. Until WM 27 when the Rock went down to Georgia. The Rock walked in the Georgia Dome, 80,000 blew the roof off when the Rock delivered a Rock bottom heard around the world. Then the Rock knew the wait was over. The next night, IN THIS ARENA, THE WRESTLE... (boots 2 asses chant breaks out) Right here is where the match was set – the main event for WM 28 WAS SET. History was made that night because of YOU! In 6 days, finally the Rock returns to the grandest stage of all-time. The Rock returns to electrify the audience – IT ALL HAPPENED HERE IN THIS ARENA. THE ROCK IS PROUD TO SAY THAT HE HAS FINALLY COME BACK TO ATLANTA! There's only one man the Rock wanted to face – THAT MAN IS JOHN CENA (big boos and a Fruity Pebbles chant break out) Cena, in the Rock's last WM that he competed in, that was your first WM. Since then, you became the heartbeat of WWE. You became one of the biggest stars the industry has ever seen, but you have never, AND THE ROCK MEANS NEVER, FACED ANYONE LIKE THE ROCK. On Sunday, the Rock's gonna walk down that aisle...(Cena comes out)
Cena – You hear that? I've been knocked around a bit, but do you hear that? I don't need a crystal ball to figure out that that's what's gonna happen at WM – NOTHING NEW TO ME. Here's what's skiddish – ya said I'll never see anything like you. My movie star arch-nemesis, you're only half-right. I'VE HEARD THE TRASH TALK FROM THE MAN WHO BROUGHT THE ERA OF ATTITUDE. I'M HERE, THE MAN HAPPY TO BE HERE WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE. And here's why – you talk trash, YOU'RE THE BEST, BUT YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST. When ya left, there was this 10 year gap, and whenever someone wanted to rattle the cage, it was me. Listen and think about it – how many people have talked trash as John Cena. The list is as long as the Rock's strudel, or holy Moses, or whatever you're calling your penis. Ya see, just like you cannot deny the certain moment of electricty that happens when the Rock enters the building, you can't deny the reaction that I get when I enter the ring. I'll sum it up in 5 words – let's go Cena, Cena sux. Words that I've heard for years. An audience divided, sometimes hostile. Everyone else that happens to, AND I'VE SEEN THE DVD, TURNS ON THE WWE UNIVERSE. FINALLY THERE'S A MAN WHO DOES WHAT THE SHIRT SAYS – I RISE ABOVE, AND I WIN! While there are some that hate that, they know what I know – that I'll win at WM. Let me throw some truth in your trash – I've been an active member of WWE LONGER THAN YOU. I've been here when it wasn't so cool to be a WWE superstar – during the good and bad times, I BEAT THE COMPANY DRUM LOUD AND PROUD. THIS IS WHAT I LOVE! Rock plays Roadblock in the summer – and it'll launch him into the stratosphere. After WM...this is still my life. We've said a lot of stuff over the past year, and I feel proud to say this...(something gets bleeped) TEN YEARS, AND I'M JUST GETTING STARTED. I RISK MY HEALTH EVERY NIGHT. I HAVE TO WIN, WHO REMEMBERS SECOND PLACE. I HAVE TO WIN THIS MATCH MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE.
Rock – You talked about what the people know – THEY KNOW THE ROCK AIN'T NO GODDAMN DESERTER OF WWE. THIS HOUSE, THIS OFFICE YOUR HOUSE, THE ROCK HELPED BUILD! LET THE ROCK TELL YA WHAT THEY KNOW – THEY KNOW THAT YA NEVER BEFORE HAD AN OPPONENT YOU COULDN'T OVERCOME UNTILT HE ROCK. THEY KNOW THAT TO ME, IT'S MORE THAN JUST THE BIGGEST MATCH OF ALL-TIME. THEY KNOW THAT THE ROCK HAS COME BACK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS TO BEAT YOU. John, that's what drives me. NEVER BEFORE HAS A MAN BEEN ABLE TO SAY HE'S WALKED INTO WM AND BEAT HULK HOGAN, BEAT STEVE AUSTIN AND BEAT JOHN CENA. On a professional level, THE ROCK NEEDS TO BEAT YOU TO BECOME THE GREATEST SUPERSTAR OF ALL-TIME. ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU! AND BECAUSE OF THAT, IN 6 DAYS, NOT ONLY IS THE ROCK GONNA BEAT YOU, HE'LL GIVE YOU THE ASS-KICKING OF A LIFETIME! YOU KNOW IT, THE ROCK KNOWS, AND YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS THAT THEY KNOW IT TOO!
Cena – IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! I'll put this in terms you can understand – I've made a living being the guy you can't see – BUT AT WM, I'LL BE THE GUY YOU CAN SEE WITH THE HEADLINE BEING THAT JOHN CENA WHOOPS THE ROCK'S ASS AT WRESTLEMANIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Jay doesn't know how to use SPOILER tags properly. ;)

On that note RAW was very shitty tonight. Outside of the opening tag match the show did very little for me let alone did anything at all to make me feel like Wrestlemania is this Sunday.

[quote name='mykevermin']. . . So Punk rebelled last year, got a push, got a paycheck, and got his t-shirts. Yet none of his substantive critiques of the product are any different. The format still de-emphasizes matches, features too many skits, doesn't push wrestlers, has too much talking, etc. But his royalty checks are niiiiiiice.

In punk rock social scenes, I believe the phrase they would use to define Punk is "sellout."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well said, Myke. Punk spoke big. Spoke about saving WWE and making changes. But, in the end, all he wanted was a bigger paycheck. And hey, good for him. Pro wrestling is a risky career. I hope he is wisely managing his money. I'd hate to see another wrassler become a tragedy.

Is it just me or does it seem like WWE is building up Michaels-H for next year's WrestleMania? I hope halfhearted yearlong builds isn't a new strategy by WWE.

I wonder how much of his lip he wanted to bite off when Rock put Cena on Hogans and Austins level. Cenas sleep worthy promo once again i just changed the channel, Atl couldn't have cared any less for that segment it seemed. Also LOL @ Brodus starting to get some boos, people getting tired of the squashes already.

Wrestlemania Predictions (Card Subject To Change).

01. Randy Orton > Kane.
02. Johnny > Teddy
03. Big Show > Cody Rhodes.
04. Daniel Bryan > Sheamus.
05. Chris Jericho > C.M. Punk.
06. Undertaker > HHH
07. Rock > Cena

Despite watching a grand total of only 2-3 hours of ROH ever, I've still seen more of the Briscoes than Carlito's little brothers.

Granted, I do watch all the Briscoe promos that get posted here so that's partially why. The fact remains however, that if someone posted Epico/Primo promos, I wouldn't watch them.

Obviously, but Primo and Epico are getting paid and are on [inter]national television. Jay Briscoe is a relative unknown and the only person that's going to recognize him outside of ROH is Joe Smark .. that is, if he can find his way out of his mom's basement.

you guys are too easy.

Thing is, WWE knows that Bricoes are money. That's why they pursued them earlier this year. They have to put their tag titles on company men, though.

That said, maybe they could let the tag titles run through the indies for a bit. The WWF Light Heavyweight Championship had a life of its own in UWA (Mexico) and NJPW until 1997 - when WWF decided that they would copy (and promptly fuck up, as they always do) WCW's Cruiserweight division. Brian Christopher was among the best Cruisers at the time; what does that tell you?

Anyway, since WWF cares as much about Tag Team wrestling as the fans do about the current tag team champions, why not send them on the indy circuit (the belts, not Rosa Mendez's backup dancers)? You get to dictate who holds them, who goes over and how, when the champions must show up to TV, and when they are defended - but what better way to crossover? It can't be that hard to do, and the only reasons against it are because (a) they don't get to own the champions body, mind, and soul - I mean, as employe - *cough* "independent contractors," and (b) it would acknowledge the existence of indy groups like Ring of Honor, PWG, Peoria Shitshow Wrestling, Bumfuck North Dakota Pro - and actually *gasp* potentially get fans to become even bigger fans of pro wrestling!

A terrible, terrible idea. SMH.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWF_Light_Heavyweight_Champions

WWF champ Jyushin Thunder Liger? Gentleman Chris Adams? Even He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named held a WWF title in 1991 in NJPW, long before he ever set foot in a WWF ring. Yowza!

I had to look this up b/c I was mostly certain that, aside from wanting to copy WCW's style, WWF was furious that Ultimate (nee Ultimo) Dragon had the title on him when he was in WCW carrying 8 different Light Heavyweight titles.

[quote name='mykevermin']I had to look this up b/c I was mostly certain that, aside from wanting to copy WCW's style, WWF was furious that Ultimate (nee Ultimo) Dragon had the title on him when he was in WCW carrying 8 different Light Heavyweight titles.[/QUOTE]

I was such an Ultimo mark during his WCW run. When he appeared with all of those belts at once, I think I spooged on the ceiling.

So I'm sure it aggravated you that they never settled on calling him "Ultimo" or "Ultimate"?

;)

EDIT:
Ultimo-Dragon-professional-wrestling-17115810-550-440.jpg

Maybe the 2nd from the left or 3rd from the right? I dunno.

Chicago Tribune interview with Punk:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/celebrity/aboutlastnight/chi-interview-wwe-cm-punk-20120326,0,1838034.column

EDIT: May have to copy/paste. I'm on mobile right now. My bad.

[quote name='mykevermin']So I'm sure it aggravated you that they never settled on calling him "Ultimo" or "Ultimate"?

;)

EDIT:
Ultimo-Dragon-professional-wrestling-17115810-550-440.jpg

Maybe the 2nd from the left or 3rd from the right? I dunno.[/QUOTE]

Never bothered me, really. Actually made me laugh when they would change it up every other show. I was just ecstatic enough to play as him (and the other luchadores) in WCW/nWo Revenge.

[quote name='Demolition Man']In other news... yeah.... Randy Orton will be in The Marine 3.

Discuss?[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet this will be WWE Films final movie before they shutter that division.

Discuss that.

Hilarious as Randy Orton actually is a Marine. Although he got a bad conduct discharge so whether or not he should still be counted is up for debate.

Primo is actually talented as hell. His selling is about as goofy as Santino and twenty times more hilarious. I actually would love to see a Primo/Ziggler match-up.

In my opinion he's been the biggest wasted opportunity in the entire WWE.

[quote name='Spyder187']I am willing to bet this will be WWE Films final movie before they shutter that division.

Discuss that.[/QUOTE]

I could buy that. Wasn't Ted DiBiase the star of #2? That's a real indicator of how enthusiastic they were about the film division. So, yeah, the latest financial statements from WWE, along with their stockholder conference call discussion, seem to suggest this is their last big hurrah - if they can't generate revenue with it in the next 12 months, it's totally gone. We'll miss out on the sequel to "Dumbass Cop Buddies 2" featuring Christian and that one dude from the American Pie movies who will do anything if you ask him nice enough.

Considering Ultimo's peers at the time, he wasn't all that impressive. The big hype of is was created by holding all of those belts and because he's called the Ultimxx Dragon (where most wrestling fans have the same level of excitement as little kids).

It's almost a shame he was in WCW, because he would have badly outclassed everyone in the WWF's lightweight division. The booking would have been awful though. Speaking of which, my least favorite memory of the WWE lightweight division is when they had a match involving Yang, Moore, Spike, Funaki, Kid Kash, and I think Nunzio. A boring trainwreck of a match.

After awhile the Light Heavyweight/Crusierweight title seemed to just be the WWF Hardcore Title Version 2.0 but without weapons. They let ANYONE win that thing, including Chavo Classic, Gillberg and Hornswoggle.

Sidenote: They should just bring back the Hardcore title. If they are worried about keeping things PG, just eliminate/drastically reduce the weapon usage and call it the "24-Hour title" or something. It'd give the lower-midcard guys something to fight over.

[quote name='diddy310']Primo and Epico are on national TV every week and people still go "who?"[/QUOTE]

I believe it should be ¿quién?

I won't lie. I never dug the Hardcore title. Sorta felt like WWE was doing ECW lite. A few definitions of garbage wrestling: CZW, XPW, WWE's Hardcore division.

And the cruiserweight title has no place in today's WWE. One, they don't treat their product like an actual sport. Cruiserweight designates a specific weight class. Bringing it back would be somewhat out of place. Two, instead of adding yet another belt, they could just give the Intercontinental title the gimmick.

If the Big E were to add another title, my vote would be for a TV title. Makes the most sense. They could market the champion by having him booked on various TV shows. That would be a modern way to get over a rising star and another way for WWE to set its hooks into the entertainment industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. WWF was taking the piss of hardcore wrestling. Watch this and tell me it's not trash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EKwR_eGMQ4

That said, I'm kinda glad that wrestling has moved away from a lot of hardcore blood and guts crap. Even Abyss matches these days (well, he hasn't crucified himself on PPV recently, but he's one of the sole purveyors of that particular art form remaining) kinda make me sick.

Looks like they did change the design of the cell. Looks like its made of metal instead of chain link and its curved around the sides.

Mania.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back