Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

Mine shipped!

Ordered @ the end of Oct. using 2nd day, estimated arrival is the 21st!

Amazon comes through once again.

I hate the feeling of the box sitting on my door step while I am out of town for 24 hours....

I do this, or have to wait until next Monday to get it.

[quote name='dsullo']is this game going to be hard to find without pre ordering?[/QUOTE]
It's somewhat up in the air. Supposedly there aren't that many units shipped to retailers, but whether or not the public hype for this game is real remains to be seen.

You should probably be able to get one from a Walmart, Target, Kmart etc without preordering if you're on the ball and are there when they open or shortly after, but I wouldn't chance letting boxes sit there through the day.

Mine is shipping out of Nevada (WTF, I live in PA!) and is estimated to arrive 11/28. This wasn't even the free shipping option. This was standard shipping. Guess with the holiday and the distance that is the best they can do. Oh well, at least it shipped! I wont be around to play it this week anyways.

Hope everyone else's ships soon!

I've read so many conflicting accounts of the game's compatibility with the GH controllers that I'd love to hear what your personal results are with the game. I'm going to pick up the software-only version tomorrow if it's available, and I'm torn b/w the 360 and PS3. Compatibility will be the deciding factor for me.

We preordered from Amazon and it arrived via fedex this afternoon. :bouncy: I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

Damn. I ordered next day and they shipped second day from amazon. I just got off the phone and they refunded me the extra cash (6 bucks). Still, it sucks i wont have it tomorrow.

[quote name='spartan789']I ordered it a while back with overnight shipping. Order is now in shipped phase. looks like it'll be here on release day. sweet.

*edit*It's strange to me that my friend ordered two weeks ago and his already went out with the free shipping. That sux that Amazon's doing that to people.[/QUOTE]

I think what Amazon did was ship orders as soon as possible to get the orders to people on or after release date. So for those who ordered with standard shipping, they shipped late last week via Ground shipping. But their delivery date will be tomorrow or later. For those of us who ordered via overnight, they waited til today to ship, so that they don't break the street date. It sort of makes sense. Since Amazon can calculate how long it'll take for a package arrive, they've just shipped accordingly. Can't really complain about that.

And for those whose overnight orders shipped out via ground, that probably means you live close to the warehouse that they're shipping from.. and you should still get it tomorrow. It's cost-effective for Amazon. Their overnight shipping is non-literal and doesn't denote exactly what type of shipping service you'll get.

[quote name='dema']We preordered from Amazon and it arrived via fedex this afternoon. :bouncy: I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.[/QUOTE]
OMG. you have it? ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

That. Is. awesome.

I've emailed them too, paid for overnight and it was shipped UPS 2 day. UPS is the absolute worst shipping company for me, they usually deliver like mid afternoon, FedEx delivers by 11am. As you can tell FedEx has a facility less than 10 mins away. garr. not too pissed 3.99 for overnight and I did get the gold box price. so 161.50

It may be the bane of many gamers, but GameFaqs board members are claiming that:
1) The PS3 Les Paul does not work at all on RB
2) The 360 X-Plorer and Les Paul work perfectly on RB.

Guess I'll take my chances on the 360 version, then. Who the hell is going to buy the PS3 version of the game software only? It seems like a shitty, shitty move to release a game by itself, with no accessories available, when there are no fucking functional controllers for the game. Christ'amighty what a bad move.

WTF is wrong w/ Amazon. Some people who only recently ordered theirs are getting them already, and I ordered on JULY, overnight w/ Prime, and it's still "shipping soon". !!!!:bomb:

[quote name='mykevermin']It may be the bane of many gamers, but GameFaqs board members are claiming that:
1) The PS3 Les Paul does not work at all on RB
2) The 360 X-Plorer and Les Paul work perfectly on RB.

Guess I'll take my chances on the 360 version, then. Who the hell is going to buy the PS3 version of the game software only? It seems like a shitty, shitty move to release a game by itself, with no accessories available, when there are no fucking functional controllers for the game. Christ'amighty what a bad move.[/quote]

what could they have done for the ps3 version? they would have had to have bought GH3 at the same time we all did to make it compatible, for the 360 they worked compatability off the x-plorer/

Q:
[quote name='hhhdx4']what could they have done for the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

A:
Not release the fucking thing software only, given that there are no controllers that will work with the game available.

[quote name='mykevermin']Q:

A:
Not release the fucking thing software only, given that there are no controllers that will work with the game available.[/quote]

They will probably release a patch for it soon after games release anyway.

My order has finally changed to shipped and I got a tracking number. I ordered in Aug and paid for overnight. Looks like I'm getting it tomorrow!

[quote name='hhhdx4']They will probably release a patch for it soon after games release anyway.[/QUOTE]

Your faith in EA is astounding.

[quote name='2&2']WTF is wrong w/ Amazon. Some people who only recently ordered theirs are getting them already, and I ordered on JULY, overnight w/ Prime, and it's still "shipping soon". !!!!:bomb:[/quote]

Ok, anger subsiding...I got my shipped email while on the phone with a clueless amazon rep...deep breath..should be here tomorrow.

"Shipped via UPS Ground (estimated arrival date: 21-November-2007)."

LoL brilliant... esp after I paid for overnight shipping

Mine also shipped out ground (despite paying for one day). Should get here tomorrow from Nevada, but I kind of doubt it...

Still shipping soon..I ordered this in August with overnight. I'm expecting it to go to shipped by the end of the night, but I think my hopes of getting it tomorrow are dashed.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Mine also shipped out ground (despite paying for one day). Should get here tomorrow from Nevada, but I kind of doubt it...[/QUOTE]

It'll probably arrive what they originally stated. but shady bastards for real man. They do this all the time. In fact they jacked me over with the slim PSP because they use this same calculation to figure out which dist center to send it to you from and how fast. Turns out the original dist center ran out of the slim PSP so they shipped it from a further one WITHOUT re-calculating what shipping to give it. Needless to say it arrived in a week rather than 2 days....... Awesome........

[quote name='Zoglog']"Shipped via UPS Ground (estimated arrival date: 21-November-2007)."

LoL brilliant... esp after I paid for overnight shipping[/QUOTE]
same here. i'll be emailing once i know for sure that ups says estimated date of 11/21

[quote name='Zoglog']It'll probably arrive what they originally stated. but shady bastards for real man. They do this all the time. In fact they jacked me over with the slim PSP because they use this same calculation to figure out which dist center to send it to you from and how fast. Turns out the original dist center ran out of the slim PSP so they shipped it from a further one WITHOUT re-calculating what shipping to give it. Needless to say it arrived in a week rather than 2 days....... Awesome........[/QUOTE]

Lame. They did refund the shipping though, right?

For all trying to get shipping refunds: I called CS to try to get a shipping refund (I paid for overnight but theu shipped ground, even though they claim it will get here in one day) but they told me that since the package was going to arrive even sooner than their estimated date (20 vs 21), I am out of luck (can't fault them for this, I'm just a cheapass :D).

I mentioned others had their orders shipped earlier despite ordering later than I did, but they said they couldn't base anything off someone else's order. Oh well, moral of the story (for me anyway) is to always use Free Super Saver shipping as it seems to arrive the quickest based on my equidistant location from the two distro centers.

mine has an expected delivery date or 11/21. Now, if it doesn't get here tomorrow, they're going to refund my money or else I won't use them anymore. If it shipped today, and I paid for "overnight" shipping doesn't that mean it should get here tomorrow or am I missing something?

Their overnight shipping isn't based of when it was shipped, but rather when the release date is for the game. They're trying to stick with the street date.

It shipped out today via UPS Ground or UPS 2 Day Air so it'll get there on the 21st which is one day after release.

I'm also in the boat of "paid overnight, shipping via 2 Day Air for delivery on the 21st". I thought of complaining, but I can understand where they're coming from and Amazon has been very good in my experience in all other matters, so I'll just let this slide.

[quote name='gravkill']Update - I got a canned response from Amazon that basically says:

blah blah blah blah blah blah not enough from suppliers blah blah blah blah we're sorry blah blah we are sorry some more blah blah blah blah

They are giving me a $5 credit that will apply to my next purchase. Shipping and delivery estimate of early December have not changed =(

The canned response in no way describes how or why people that ordered later are having their copies shipped. I suppose the priority is not on an aggregated basis, and maybe pre-order rounds are allocated on a per-supplier basis? e.g. I got unlucky and the allotment when I preordered was not fulfilled by the particular supplier, and Amazon doesn't shift a copy to me from a supplier that was on time.

I am definitely going to try a B&M store, then eBay or cancel my Amazon order. I doubt I will preorder anything from Amazon again.[/QUOTE]

Update 2 -
I clicked the No this does not solve my problem link in the email to reply again and stress the fact that since I preordered in September my game should have shipped since others that preordered much more recently had his or her game ship.

They claimed the canned response does explain the delay (it doesn't), but they bumped my shipping from super saver to express for free. My shipping estimate is still November 27th, but I can live with the free express shipping. It will get here around when it would if it shipped today or tomorrow with super saver.

Still, Amazon really dropped the ball on this, and I do not plan to ever pre-order anything again.

bte for those who want the full experience of band world tour without frinds you can get a cheap mic stand and mic clip at musiciansfriend.com

I paid for overnight shipping, it "shipped" on 11/18, and the estimated arrival is 11/21. It shipped UPS ground. You'd think that since I paid for overnight, they could ship it on Monday and... I don't know... overnight it so that I get it on release day. I'm still hoping it comes through tomorrow.

As for availability, my Target got 12 for Xbox 360 and 4 for PS3. We have nowhere to put them.

After God of War 2, Mario Galaxy, and Guitar Hero 3, this is the first game that they have actually shipped on time. They have been way above average for movies but their game pre-ordering sucks.

Paid for 2-day shipping and got shipping notice on Saturday night and estimated arrival is the 21st. I'm just happy I don't have to camp out to try and get it in-store tomorrow.

[quote name='gravkill']Update 2 -
I clicked the No this does not solve my problem link in the email to reply again and stress the fact that since I preordered in September my game should have shipped since others that preordered much more recently had his or her game ship.

They claimed the canned response does explain the delay (it doesn't), but they bumped my shipping from super saver to express for free. My shipping estimate is still November 27th, but I can live with the free express shipping. It will get here around when it would if it shipped today or tomorrow with super saver.

Still, Amazon really dropped the ball on this, and I do not plan to ever pre-order anything again.[/QUOTE]

Update 3 -

My order finally says shipping soon. If it ships tomorrow I will be quite happy. I wish the help reps were armed with more information, instead of giving me the template email excuses.

I put my order in less than 2 weeks ago, and it got shipped today. Free shipping, and it will be delivered on Wednesday! nice.. plus I was lucky enough to get the gold box price after sending them an email. 161.49... not sure why I got mine shipped before people who ordered way before me.

anyone know if there are any online retailers left with this in stock?

or if i have good odds of getting one at BB tomorrow showing up about 15 min before opening

[quote name='cheapmonkeyz']I pre-ordered with overnight shipping durring the summer when they didnt even know the price yet and had it for $200.

Bummer that mine says est ship date of the 26th and arival 3 days later.

I guess thats what i get for pre-ordering so early. Kind of kills the whole idea of pre-ordering. I can probably go to a store on that morning and get one.

I'm dissapointed.[/quote]

Well that was all for nothing. I got the email that it shipped today for tomorrow delivery. It does look like they hold the next day shipping ones so it arrives on launch day and ground ships sooner because its slower. I'm begining to think i should use basic shipping when i preorder. No use wasting the extra $$$ if its going to arrive around the same time.

[quote name='jkaslow']anyone know if there are any online retailers left with this in stock?

or if i have good odds of getting one at BB tomorrow showing up about 15 min before opening[/quote]

I wouldn't trust them again after the Dance Dance Mario fiasco, but Toys R Us has them available for pre order on their website.

I think your B/M chances are good if you look hard enough tomorrow morning. I wouldn't expect console level shortages.

THATS pretty gay

i got gold box price and overnight shipping at it hasnt shipped yet.. estimated time is the 21st... and people who DIDNT pay overnight are getting to before me

WTF indeed

someone go bitch... or i might later

any tips on how to get gift cards and shit from amazon if they fuck up your order

LOL EDIT: i shouldnt be bitching actually.. i just realized that changing from free shipping to overnight changed my arrival date from Nov 30th to 21st. But still...

When you pay for overnight shipping, you are paying for a very specific shipping method that has many differences over standard shipping. You are NOT only paying for a certain arrival date.

Anyone who got shafted over this should NOT accept it. Get your shipping charge refunded, and do not take no for an answer.

[quote name='porieux']When you pay for overnight shipping, you are paying for a very specific shipping method that has many differences over standard shipping. You are NOT only paying for a certain arrival date.

Anyone who got shafted over this should NOT accept it. Get your shipping charge refunded, and do not take no for an answer.[/QUOTE]

I wish that argument were valid (not for me as I'm getting game on launch day but for others). However, I think Amazon has themselves covered on this one:

If I request One-Day Shipping, will I get my order the next day? Not all of the items listed on our site are available immediately, so selecting One-Day or Two-Day Shipping does not necessarily mean your order will arrive in one or two days. There is no weekend pickup or delivery for One-Day or Two-Day Shipping. Also, when you select One-Day or Two-Day Shipping, we may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get your items to you within the promised time frame.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']saw these at blockbuster today (sunday).

rockband.jpg

would've bought one but my 360 is in repair right now. ghey![/QUOTE]

I just got back from a Blockbuster in La Crescenta, CA. The guy told me they got a really early (Thursday) shipment of Rock Band. They had 8 360 bundles--one guy came in and bought 4, two guys came in and bought two each and they were sold out in a day.

They still have 2 PS3 bundles though, and they close at 10, sooo...if you're in the area, get a move on. They close at 10 PM.

My Super Saver tracking # finally went live (Wasn't picked up til today, which doesn't surprise me, despite getting the number on Friday) and it's coming from Nevada, with an estimated delivery date of 11/21. I REALLY hope that's true since UPS takes Friday off! Eek! (and I hope my parents are home since I had to ship it to them, although UPS may just leave a huge box unguarded on the porch. :p ) I can't remember if stuff from the NV warehouse gets to LA overnight or not.

Ok I just got back from the Walmart in Pearland, TX (518 & 288) and picked up the first one the guy removed from his pallet. They had 8 units for the 360 and 4 for the PS3. I only picked up 1 for my 360. I felt really, really lame for being the only one there waiting for this (with my gf at least). Actually not as lame as some of these other teenaged girls that were waiting for the Hairspray dvd. ;)

Well at least I got it and now I'm too sleepy to play it. Gotta get some ZZZ's for work tomorrow. Have fun!

As an Amazon Prime member, you enjoy Free Two-Day delivery and
upgrades to One-Day (Overnight) delivery for $3.99 per item on
eligible items.

After your order leaves our fulfillment center, we may use any
appropriate ground or air shipping service necessary to ensure that
your order is delivered within one or two days, depending on the
delivery option you selected. These delivery options do not directly
correspond to any carrier-branded shipping services.
So they are fully aware that I paid more but still, they believe their FREE shipping method would be best.

WTF

If I would have not caught this and paid for overnight shipping, who knows how many times this would have happened.

bread's done
Back