Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously hope it's Foo Fighters stuff more than any band. I was thinking about this the other day. GHIII got The Pretender right? Now their new single, Long Road to Ruin, which is prolly one of their best songs could come out for Rock Band?!?! That would make my Christmas. I would gladly buy that over any Who or Nirvana track / album.

[quote name='Scorch']To be able to play it without being on Live, not only does it have to be under his gamertag, but it also has to be on his 360 system. I had a friend bring over her HD and we downloaded Shivering Isles.. she gets home, not there. Try it again.. same thing. Call up MS, they say that the content is locked onto that specific gamertag on that specific system and there's really no way to reassign it.

So unless they've changed it since then, have him bring his 360 over your place and download it.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn that sucks. I dloaded like 9 songs just to play over a friends house. Guess I'm lugging the box with me :bomb:

I really wish they would hurry up and release "Nevermind" I really want to play "Come as You Are" & "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I at least have a passing interest in the rest of the CD.

I also really wish there was someway for them to get anything Tool. Hell, I'd be willing to settle for cover band.

[quote name='menikmati']Just finally got my Xbox on fucking Live again, any songs/packs that you guys would recommend? I'm pondering whether or not to get just "...And Justice for All" and "Ride the Lightning," or just go for the entire 3-pack and save 40 points? I'm a drummer, by the way.[/QUOTE]

My favorite is My Iron Lung.

looks like this is tomorrow's dlc. not too great...

"Attack" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)
"The Kill" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)
"Dirty Little Secret" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)
"Move Along" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)
"Song With A Mission" - The Sounds (from 2006's Dying To Say This To
You)

this is via the rock band forums...

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17450

what i didn't catch is their .99 each, which actually makes it much better.

[quote name='infamyRISE']Ugh.
That's horrible.[/QUOTE]
agreed, but with a good deal on xbl points, it ends up being really cheap. so, there's a bright side.

Well the forums said for a limited time they're 80 points a pop, I might pick them all up since I'll probably get some point cards as gifts tomorrow.

My strum bar is definitely shot.

I played Blitzkrieg Bop on expert with the Strat, and then with the Les Paul, and the second time around I scored about 50,000 more.

Good thing I sent in for a replacement.

I'll probably get all of those because they're so cheap. I finally got my 500 free points from MS yesterday, anyway. The music might suck but I'm betting a few of these should be fun to play.

These songs aren't half bad. Even at a dollar a piece. All these songs are more vocal oriented that might turn some people off. But for those of us that like to sing.... And horribly. This will be sweet.

This is what the MCR pack should of been at price range.

[quote name='defmonkey05']These songs aren't half bad. Even at a dollar a piece. All these songs are more vocal oriented that might turn some people off. But for those of us that like to sing.... And horribly. This will be sweet.

This is what the MCR pack should of been at price range.[/quote]

That's why I requested a few Smashing Pumpkins songs... for the vocals.

Yeah, when I saw the new DLC I was very disapointed but at a buck a pop I might just pick them all up. Doing world tour makes you burn out of songs so fast. I'm a whore for more content.

not what I was expecting but All American Rejects and 30 Seconds to Mars are a good choice, I'd love to play The Kill on drums, but I didnt buy the bundle

I think I'll pass on the Sounds, never heard of them

[quote name='csalzman']New stuff usually shows up at 2 am PST[/quote]

what time would that be in CST

people can say the announcement is a let down, regardless Harmonix has offered alot more then Guitar Hero 3 has, its mostly been older rock and at some point they had to add more 2000s stuff, and this is not a horrible selection and at a price of 80 MS Points

[quote name='Nate1986']what time would that be in CST

people can say the announcement is a let down, regardless Harmonix has offered alot more then Guitar Hero 3 has, its mostly been older rock and at some point they had to add more 2000s stuff, and this is not a horrible selection and at a price of 80 MS Points[/QUOTE]

4am...

[quote name='lordwow']4am...[/quote]

yikes, hopefully I dont get that dang error message I kept getting last week

[quote name='Nate1986']yikes, hopefully I dont get that dang error message I kept getting last week[/quote]

If it's a code 8016aba5 go set up your contact information in Account Management. That fixes it.

Wow, had a decent time tonight as a drummer.

Thing that sucks is that I played Enter Sandman 4 times and Black Hole Sun twice.

Hated the last group I was in, they had someone with a guest who always chose to sing on Medium but failed at least once throughout each song. I kindly told that if they couldn't sing Medium consistently, then they should bump it down to Easy so we all don't fail (the rest of the band is on Expert and I'm on Hard). Then they proceed to fail 3 times on Dani California and Reptilia and on the next song, I didn't play ANY of the fills and hoarded my energy, not saving the fucker.

They left quickly thereafter, thank god.

Got this game early yesterday, I love it. I pretty much suck but my girlfriend is pretty good at it.

I also got 3200 points buying Metillica and Black Sabbath for sure

[quote name='seanr1221']You know...I still havnt tried the online for this. I really should check it out later.[/quote]Yes, you probably should it is really fun.

Guh, I'm trying it now, and I keep getting pared with people who really suck..maybe they just got it for Christmas?

How do I become the leader?

[quote name='seanr1221']You know...I still havnt tried the online for this. I really should check it out later.[/QUOTE]

neither have I.

I may try it later today if we can.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea I'd be up for some games.[/QUOTE]

how does the online work exactly? Just join people, make a band and rock out?

[quote name='mr ryles']how does the online work exactly? Just join people, make a band and rock out?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, or you can play tug of war/score attack (which I've never even tried period).

I'm on now if you want to play.

[quote name='seanr1221']Pretty much, or you can play tug of war/score attack (which I've never even tried period).

I'm on now if you want to play.[/QUOTE]

I would but I'm on the other side of town at my parents for christmas. :whistle2:( As soon as this promised breakfast is made and I eat it I will head back home though.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I picked up all the new songs. I'll go give them a try.[/QUOTE]
I did the same. They're alright. 400 points to add 5 songs to the rotation ain't so bad.

I had my friend's copy here (3 of us playing) over the weekend, and this game is tits. The guitar parts are way too easy compared to GH, but I love drums and vocals. Drums are tough even on medium, and while I can 5 star vocals on medium, anything higher is very difficult. I guess it doesn't help that I have a very deep voice and a limited range.

I did figure out after talkin with Microsoft that there's a glitch with Downloading stuff you have to put your contact information, I DL'ed All American Rejects and 30 Seconds to Mars along with Buddy Holly and Juke Box Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back