Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']I love buddy holly, it's an easy song, but I've always liked that song since i first heard it a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Want to play in a little bit?

[quote name='seanr1221']Want to play in a little bit?[/QUOTE]

I was about to leave about 1/2 an hour ago and my moms says "your not leaving yet are you?"

guess she is making a nice dinner, so I felt bad if I left.

Add my brothers gamertag: HARTLSSSAMURAI

last time I checked his strum bar was kinda wack, but I'll get on and give it a shot.

That was fun guys. Don't know what is up with my mic. It works fine in COD4, I think its that adapter thing making it go nuts.

Oh and ryles I left cause my back was killing me. The chair I was sitting in wasn't the one I use normally :D

[quote name='CouRageouS']That was fun guys. Don't know what is up with my mic. It works fine in COD4, I think its that adapter thing making it go nuts.

Oh and ryles I left cause my back was killing me. The chair I was sitting in wasn't the one I use normally :D[/QUOTE]

when I play the drums I sit on the couch and it starts killin my back too, so I don't blame you.

does anyone know of any good methods to tone down the sound of the drum hits? have other people in the house and i work nights, so i play late night when people are sleeping, any ideas or tips?

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']does anyone know of any good methods to tone down the sound of the drum hits? have other people in the house and i work nights, so i play late night when people are sleeping, any ideas or tips?[/QUOTE]

your just gonna have to sound proof your walls.

hey guys i was wondering should i get rockband now orwhen the drums are available separtly? got some money for x mas so i was jw

ps excuse the spelling

not a bad idea, looks pretty good, was kinda looking for a quicker, less permanent fix, but thanks maybe i can give it a shot.

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey guys i was wondering should i get rockband now orwhen the drums are available separtly? got some money for x mas so i was jw

ps excuse the spelling[/QUOTE]

If you want to play with 4 people, then I'd just get the bundle now. It'll most likely be cheaper than buying the 4 parts separately later on. If you just want to play the drums and don't care about the guitar, then I'd just wait. I'm guessing the drums will be $50-60 however, so you're looking at $110-120 for the game and the drum set, or $170 for the whole package, so it may just be worth it to get a guitar and a mic for $50-60.

[quote name='spree4567']If you want to play with 4 people, then I'd just get the bundle now. It'll most likely be cheaper than buying the 4 parts separately later on. If you just want to play the drums and don't care about the guitar, then I'd just wait. I'm guessing the drums will be $50-60 however, so you're looking at $110-120 for the game and the drum set, or $170 for the whole package, so it may just be worth it to get a guitar and a mic for $50-60.[/quote] thanks i think ill just pick it up at bb tomarow with some giftcards and money i got for XMAs

Got this for Christmas. Hit a wall on Green Grass and High Tides, drums, Medium. Got to the end of the vocals before I lost my groove and eventually failed out at 88%.

And I've found that Move Along falls into what I'm calling the MCR Syndrome, after "Dead!". It's a lame song, sure, but it's fun to play. Would never have gone the full 160 for it, but 80 makes it easy to bite.

[quote name='menikmati']Send me an FR if you want to play, I prefer the drums but I can work with any available instrument.[/QUOTE]

I sent you one earlier.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']does anyone know of any good methods to tone down the sound of the drum hits? have other people in the house and i work nights, so i play late night when people are sleeping, any ideas or tips?[/QUOTE]
I took an old can cooler (you know, those foam things that always have some misspelled redneck saying on them), cut sections out of it, and taped them around the ends of the drum sticks. It doesn't eliminate all sound by any means, but it works quite well for my situation.

I'm still looking for something a little classier.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']does anyone know of any good methods to tone down the sound of the drum hits? have other people in the house and i work nights, so i play late night when people are sleeping, any ideas or tips?[/quote]Someone posted a link earlier. It involved items you can get from an arts and crafts store: foam padding with adhesive and another colored felt padding to go on top of it, both cut to size to fit on top of the drumheads.

Ugh, for some reason the wireless in my apartment is not letting me connect. I'm trying to steal some wifi so I can at least play online, but it's shotty.

I accepted your FR sean when I was on Live for a couple of minutes.

On another note, the 30STM tracks are pretty fun on drums and I felt like I was going to die after playing all 3 songs in the Metallica pack one after another.

I was really disappointed about The Sounds track mainly because it's a cover (I was assuming it was going to be originals since the 30STM tracks were) and the girl vocalist doesn't do Maja justice, at least the drums sounded right.

I have a question for the group. How many of you are playing this single player only? I'm thinking of getting the game, but I'd be buying the game only and using my GHII guitar.

How much fun is the game without the bundle?

[quote name='ZForce915']I have a question for the group. How many of you are playing this single player only? I'm thinking of getting the game, but I'd be buying the game only and using my GHII guitar.

How much fun is the game without the bundle?[/QUOTE]

If you're passing expert songs on GHII, don't expect for Rock Band to pose much of a challenge (with the exceptions of a few songs)

The cool part about Rock Band is the variety. I'd say try to nab the game only at

[quote name='seanr1221']If you're passing expert songs on GHII, don't expect for Rock Band to pose much of a challenge (with the exceptions of a few songs)

The cool part about Rock Band is the variety. I'd say try to nab the game only at

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm a Guitar Hero II/III Medium setting guy. I don't quite have all songs at 5 stars yet and I can't get myself to play with the 5th fret on hard so I guess I'm kind of a guitar hero lightweight.

I'm really just looking for some fun songs to play.[/QUOTE]

Ah, then you'll probably find more enjoyment out of Rock Band then. Just remember, as people have said previously, Rock Band has less notes on the chart, but you need to hit them with more precision.

Aw crap. I ordered a replacement set of drums after my blue one stopped recognizing 4 out of every 5 hits or so. I was surprised to see the new set show up so quickly, since I've heard there's a long delay so soon after launch. I was amazed that they felt so good, they played like a dream. But, it turns out this new set doesn't like to recognize snare rolls. I've gone into practice mode and everything and it plays perfectly, except for when I start hitting the snare quickly, then it just kind of cuts out.

Anyone had to replace their replacement stuff yet?

I love this game, playing 3 player is so fun.

I have them Metillica any other ones worth the points. I still have about 2800 points.

[quote name='sp00ge']anyone wanting to play later, send me a FR[/QUOTE]

I'm about to get ready for the gym, but in a couple hours I'll be up to playing.

I'm thinking about buying the game only to use with my GHII guitar. My friend has the whole set and has a career going. Is it possible for me to join his career and play guitar over XBL?

Forgot there was 4-player bands online for Rock Band, haven't played any of the online modes yet. I'm usually on most work days after 10:30 PM EST if anyone wants to get some 4-player games going around then. Haven't done much on vocals other than a few songs on Easy, but I'm on Expert for Guitar/Bass and Hard/some Expert for Drums.

New songs aren't too bad, fun to play so far though I've only played them on Expert Guitar. I need to try them on drums next.

[quote name='kenbo506']I'm thinking about buying the game only to use with my GHII guitar. My friend has the whole set and has a career going. Is it possible for me to join his career and play guitar over XBL?[/quote]

You can only do multiplayer quickplay over XBL. Currently, Band World Tour is local only.

[quote name='nycxandy']You can only do multiplayer quickplay over XBL. Currently, Band World Tour is local only.[/quote] Thanks! I also just read the IGN review and it said there are plans for a patch that will allow online BWT. Has anyone heard anything about when that will get released?

Also, can you play the BWT with only one person? If not, is there a career mode for singe player?

I played this game with Me (23) My brother (21) My sister (12) and my dad (59)...No other game allows us to do that, and thats what makes this game amazing.

[quote name='Charron']And I've found that Move Along falls into what I'm calling the MCR Syndrome, after "Dead!". It's a lame song, sure, but it's fun to play. Would never have gone the full 160 for it, but 80 makes it easy to bite.[/QUOTE]
Really? I listened to it and had no desire to buy it, but I feel the same as you about Dead. I don't care to listen to it, but it was one of the most fun songs in GHII. Maybe I'll have to buy it.

I did buy The Kill, Attack, and Song With a Mission. I've only played them on guitar so far, but I can totally recommend The Kill and Song With a Mission. They're both fun to play, and The Kill especially has a fun amount of variety. I think Attack is pretty lame on Guitar - just a lot of strumming. Perhaps I'll enjoy it on drums.

[quote name='CokeCola']Really? I listened to it and had no desire to buy it, but I feel the same as you about Dead. I don't care to listen to it, but it was one of the most fun songs in GHII. Maybe I'll have to buy it.

I did buy The Kill, Attack, and Song With a Mission. I've only played them on guitar so far, but I can totally recommend The Kill and Song With a Mission. They're both fun to play, and The Kill especially has a fun amount of variety. I think Attack is pretty lame on Guitar - just a lot of strumming. Perhaps I'll enjoy it on drums.[/quote]

Well, I'm speaking on all instruments. I've heard the 30StM songs, and they seem really rough on vocalists. Move Along was fun all around. But hey, there's enough songs here that it doesn't really matter anyway. :)

Still gotta go get My Iron Lung and 3's & 7's. Some of my favorite DLC for guitar.

[quote name='Charron']Got this for Christmas. Hit a wall on Green Grass and High Tides, drums, Medium. Got to the end of the vocals before I lost my groove and eventually failed out at 88%.[/QUOTE]

The thing that makes that song tricky on drums is that the band is speeding up and or slowing down subtly during the solo. You can be going along like a metronome, playing that fast repetitive groove, and all of a sudden you are missing a bunch of notes. You have to change tempo ever so slightly as they do it, which can be hard to hear sometimes. I think they are basically getting faster but there may be places where it gets slower too I can't remember. To be clear I'm not talking about the parts where the whole beat and feel changes, but under the solo where you are basically playing the same beat over and over, but the speed (tempo) starts creeping up. Once you adjust for that, the song isn't really hard.

[quote name='menikmati']Got my internet to be stable today, let me know if any of you guys want to play.[/QUOTE]

My friends coming over to play Rock Band, but once he leaves, I'll be up for some games.

[quote name='porieux']The thing that makes that song tricky on drums is that the band is speeding up and or slowing down subtly during the solo. You can be going along like a metronome, playing that fast repetitive groove, and all of a sudden you are missing a bunch of notes. You have to change tempo ever so slightly as they do it, which can be hard to hear sometimes. I think they are basically getting faster but there may be places where it gets slower too I can't remember. To be clear I'm not talking about the parts where the whole beat and feel changes, but under the solo where you are basically playing the same beat over and over, but the speed (tempo) starts creeping up. Once you adjust for that, the song isn't really hard.[/quote]

I've noticed. But it was the Overdrive sections that actually screwed me up, 'cause they allow me to stop with the bass without penalty- and I forget the rhythm and can't get it back. Did manage to clear it, and the rest of the songs. Day Late, Dollar Short was the only other tough one- it's pretty much that tough part of GGAHT for the whole song. Even Tom Sawyer and Run to the Hills were easier.

I'm going to start playing Hard career tomorrow - do you only get "gold stars" for songs on Expert, or all difficulties? I haven't had a single one yet.

Just got Rock Band. How is the Guitar? I already have the ones that came with Guitar Hero 2 and 3. Is this guitar significantly better? I'm trying to decide whether I should open it or sell it on ebay(They are going for $90.00+).

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm going to start playing Hard career tomorrow - do you only get "gold stars" for songs on Expert, or all difficulties? I haven't had a single one yet.[/quote]

Expert only, unless I'm mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back