Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='looploop']representing train 2, I just sent the disc out to DeathPrawn yesterday.[/quote]

do you have the list of that train? i think i was on that one.

[quote name='REL1203']Can I use a USB extension cable going from the 360 to the Hub? I would love to get some extra cable room, but not sure if that would work.. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you cna do this. I've been using one since GH2 with no problems at all.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm in the Bay and RB's expert guitar is cake for me but if I were to spend all that time to play endless I would want the achievements :D

I'm doing another call for starting a new OXM train. I only got a couple PMs and one was from someone on a current train so thats a bit off. Maybe the first two trains should post their status to avoid people being on the same lists?[/quote]

Heh, I'll help you get yours if you help with mine. Granted, that'd be 2 grueling sessions of about 5hrs apiece, but we'd have our achievements and making sure we have plenty of munchies would help.

[quote name='eastx']Well, then bring your profile on a memory card to his house, or vice versa. You can both earn Achievements at the same time.[/quote]

Oh wait, you can do that? Schweet. One session is even better.

It takes 5 hours?! Jesus. Well as posted above a memory card would work, I don't have one though. But fuck 5 hours?! Sometimes I don't even see my friends that much in a week haha.

if people need the oxm disk for the rockband songs. I'm done with mine and would gladly pass it along to a fellow cag. (i'm assuming thats what the train list is for)

[quote name='CouRageouS']It takes 5 hours?! Jesus. Well as posted above a memory card would work, I don't have one though. But fuck 5 hours?! Sometimes I don't even see my friends that much in a week haha.[/quote]

Yeah, I typically don't have that much time either. Hence some planning would be required. But seriously, what did you expect? It's 58 songs in a row at an average of maybe 4 minutes apiece. That's just under 4 hours not including the wait between songs and any possible failures.

[quote name='TFN']So Feb 18th we have a RHCP pack comin' out.

Any idea whats for next week?[/QUOTE]

last i had heard, that rumor was false. i'm pretty sure one of the harmonix guys said it wasn't true on the rock band forums.

[quote name='TFN']So Feb 18th we have a RHCP pack comin' out.

Any idea whats for next week?[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY!?! RHCP? Where did you find that? If it's true, that's the best news I've heard all day!

Any idea what songs?

EDIT: Damn. Just a rumor? That's the worst news I've heard all day.

The rumor included Under the Bridge, Universally Speaking, and Otherside.

Under the Bridge is brilliant and would be killer to play.

[quote name='TahoeMax']The rumor included Under the Bridge, Universally Speaking, and Otherside.

Under the Bridge is brilliant and would be killer to play.[/quote]
Nothing against those songs, but I kinda wonder why neither Harmonix or RedOctane have picked the most well known Chili Peppers song in the form of "Give it Away." Seriously, it baffles me why after 3GH games and so much DLC on RB we still dont have this.

They should really just do the full album of Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I would buy the hell out of that.

I mean, who doesn't want to play Mellowship Slinky in B Major?

Wow. I can't believe the same effin' notes that were in GH2's Freebird are in Rock Band's Green Grass and Tides. It's the same zigzag motion for what feels like 5 whole minutes and then the same 4 note pull offs!!!!!!!!!!!! I started the song around midnight and failed at the same spot everytime. I couldn't sleep for a while because it's the same notes that stumped me on GH3's Raining Blood. *shudders*

Lol. I just beat it! :) Whew. Have faith.

Don't get me started on that song...or Raining Blood. They both fill me with unreasonable amounts of rage. Thank god I eventually beat them or I'd be a bomb waiting to blow by now.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ea got my drums on the 25th and I still havent gotten them. I have emailed them twice already[/quote]

tell them you want a free game

So I just got this last night and the guitar is a bitch to get into overdrive, you can swing it around, put it completely vertical and most of the time it won't work, which makes team overdrives nearly impossible.

I signed up for an EA account so I can send it back. I noticed a lot of people chose to send their instrument first and wait for their new one to come, any reason you guys didn't opt for the express method where they send it first? Seems like most people have a CC these days.

Also I've heard that EA sends a lot of people free games like Skate when they have a faulty instrument, is this still true?

[quote name='bil4ltool']Also I've heard that EA sends a lot of people free games like Skate when they have a faulty instrument, is this still true?[/quote]

I didn't have much luck. Here's my experience (as previously posted).

I was visiting the Wal-Mart that is located by the Brandon Mall in Brandon Florida and I am able to confirm that RockBand is now $140 dollars in Wal-Mart for all platforms.

Has anyone been able to backup their game files? I have to RMA my HDD soon because I've been getting errors, but I can't copy the files of this game.

I read of a workaround for the PS3, where you backup everything for a HDD upgrade, but is there a similar feature in the 360?

[quote name='joseraul']Has anyone been able to backup their game files? I have to RMA my HDD soon because I've been getting errors, but I can't copy the files of this game.

I read of a workaround for the PS3, where you backup everything for a HDD upgrade, but is there a similar feature in the 360?[/quote]

Did you try moving your files (not copying) to a memory card? Some saves cannot be copied, but can be moved.

[quote name='sp00ge']Did you try moving your files (not copying) to a memory card? Some saves cannot be copied, but can be moved.[/quote]

Yes, right after posting I remembered the move option and went to try it. It worked perfectly.

Thanks for the reply!

How can you tell which version of the drums you have? I know everyone says that the QM set is the worst, but I dont know how to tell which set I have? Any help?

[quote name='Nelo Ice']drum model
u can find it right under the area where the area with the xbox button[/quote]

I dont see anything there? Is it always listed?

[quote name='REL1203']I dont see anything there? Is it always listed?[/quote]

oops forgot to edit that extra area :lol: but at least on mine it says qm along with some numbers though apparently there are models without a model number listed

[quote name='REL1203']How can you tell which version of the drums you have? I know everyone says that the QM set is the worst, but I dont know how to tell which set I have? Any help?[/quote]

If you have a model number starting with QM underneath the buttons panel, it's a QM model. If you have a model number starting with EL between the (IIRC) yellow and red drums, then you have an EL model.

QM is better, in that it can be 'fixed' with some soft modding (rubber bands and fabric works for me). EL can't be fixed as easily, if at all, and are more prone to cracking.

Haha, EA just sent me a survey about my satisfaction about the replacement guitar. I responded with "I bet it plays great, I'll let you know as soon as you actually ship it"

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Is anyone going to this? I'm trying to go to the NYC event.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does that site not say how to actually sign up?

[quote name='porieux']Is it just me or does that site not say how to actually sign up?[/quote]
I'm sure that it's because you and your band must rock SO HARD that a portal will open up and you will be at the event! THUS IT SHOWS YOU ARE WORTHY!

...Okay I have no idea.

[quote name='porieux']Is it just me or does that site not say how to actually sign up?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not really sure. If I know I'll be going I'm just going to call the store and ask. Very little details on what they're actually judging or any rules for that matter.

[quote name='bardockkun']Every rumor points to Red Hot Chili Peppers pack this week with...

*Under the Bridge
*Universally Speaking
*Otherside[/quote]

Ah snap...

I needs a HD so bad :(

[quote name='bardockkun']Every rumor points to Red Hot Chili Peppers pack this week with...

*Under the Bridge
*Universally Speaking
*Otherside[/quote]

Oh yes. I need more points

My favorite song to drum to is by far, "Flirtin' With Disaster." I could close my eyes and still 5-star that song. I don't even have to think about hitting the notes because I can actually feel the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back