Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bardockkun']Every rumor points to Red Hot Chili Peppers pack this week with...

*Under the Bridge
*Universally Speaking
*Otherside[/QUOTE]

Dang. Since they have the March releases up already that only leave a couple more weeks. I hope to god we get a Foo Fighters pack with Long Road to Ruin. C'mon Rock Band, don't let me down!

[quote name='menikmati']My favorite song to drum to is by far, "Flirtin' With Disaster." I could close my eyes and still 5-star that song. I don't even have to think about hitting the notes because I can actually feel the song.[/quote]

Sounds youtube worthy, do it up!

I'd like to get in on one of the OXM disc trains as well. Kinda sucks because I have a subscription to OXM but have never received a single demo disc - I think it's because I got a free subscription through some website a while back.

In any case, can someone in charge of the trains put me on a list and/or PM me with the details. Thanks!

[quote name='JeffreyLebowski']I'd like to get in on one of the OXM disc trains as well. Kinda sucks because I have a subscription to OXM but have never received a single demo disc - I think it's because I got a free subscription through some website a while back.

In any case, can someone in charge of the trains put me on a list and/or PM me with the details. Thanks![/quote]

I would like to get more info on this also, and willing to get on the train..PM/email/Post info cause i didnt see a thread just for it

DLC for Week of Feb 12th.

"Complete Control" by the Clash (master)

"Truth Hits Everybody" by the Police (master)

"Teenage Lobotomy" by the Ramones (master)

These songs can also be bought in a 3-song pack for $5.49 (440 Microsoft points)

YUCK!!!! (IMO)

it's funny that, in the clash song, the singer says "you're my guitar hero."
either way, not thrilled with the dlc. nice that it's master tracks though

[quote name='REL1203']DLC for Week of Feb 12th.

These songs can also be bought in a 3-song pack for $5.49 (440 Microsoft points)

YUCK!!!! (IMO)[/QUOTE]

Lame. I was hoping for that RHCP pack...

Oh well. Saves me a bit of money for future weeks.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Odd. 3 bands we've already recieved songs from.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it odd. Once the licensing agreements are in place, putting up a song for download should be as easy as making note charts and testing them.

*sigh* ANOTHER Police song...they're good Harmonix, but not that good. With this and the planned Police song in March, that'll make 6 Police songs. Listening to the Clash song, how are you supposed to sing that? I can understand every 5th word or so but it sounds like garble to me most of the time. The Ramones song is awful, and is barely 2 minutes. Seems cheap.

I really wish they would just release a schedule like they used to and did for March. Even if something happens and you have to change it a bit I would be fine but at least let me know when I should get excited. I know its my fault for constantly hyping myself and getting let down every Monday but I think Harmonix knows what they're doing and its cruel.

Anyone here do any of those drumpad mods?

I'm kinda tired of the whole clacking sound and I do like being able to hear what it sounds like in-game...

I got the woodrock pedal which is nice, if only because it doesn't break... but now I'm looking to reduce the noise on the pads.

[quote name='NidoGod']*sigh* ANOTHER Police song...they're good Harmonix, but not that good. With this and the planned Police song in March, that'll make 6 Police songs. Listening to the Clash song, how are you supposed to sing that? I can understand every 5th word or so but it sounds like garble to me most of the time. The Ramones song is awful, and is barely 2 minutes. Seems cheap.

I really wish they would just release a schedule like they used to and did for March. Even if something happens and you have to change it a bit I would be fine but at least let me know when I should get excited. I know its my fault for constantly hyping myself and getting let down every Monday but I think Harmonix knows what they're doing and its cruel.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I really like the Police, but they've moved into those last couple of songs on the album no one ever listens to.

[quote name='lordwow']Shocking, the "rumors" are wrong yet again. What does that make them 0 for 14?[/QUOTE]

Something like that, yet people will still continue to post them.

[quote name='REL1203']DLC for Week of Feb 12th.

[/quote]

I like Labotomy and Complete Control, so I'll probably pick up the pack.

The RHCP rumors weren't even for this week, so I don't know why you guys are talking about it as if they were supposed to come out today.

rockbandrhcp.jpg

Just rumors though, as Harmonix already called bullshit on it.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']d00d, Complete Control?! Awesome pick! Wish I had Rock Band, ha.[/QUOTE]

I was so excited to hear that Complete Control made it in. It is one of my favorite Clash songs!

You'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Can't wait for the RHCP pack, but I'm all over the individual songs for this week. Good stuff.

Oh and regarding the OXM disc, I haven't received it. I haven't checked the mail today, so hopefully it's in there. In which case, I'll mail it to the next person in line tomorrow.

I've been listening to The Police for a long time and I'm pretty sure I have all their albums and that song title is not ringing any bells with me at all....guess I'll have to look it up. Probably more of a song for drummers since no vocal hook is coming to mind.

The Clash is cool. I could have lived without any more Ramones, but I guess it's worth it just to shout 'lobotomy' LOL.

[quote name='porieux']I've been listening to The Police for a long time and I'm pretty sure I have all their albums and that song title is not ringing any bells with me at all....guess I'll have to look it up. Probably more of a song for drummers since no vocal hook is coming to mind.

The Clash is cool. I could have lived without any more Ramones, but I guess it's worth it just to shout 'lobotomy' LOL.[/QUOTE]

It's apparently from their first album. I had never heard it either. It's pretty mediocre IMO.

Meh, only thing I want is Police. Ramones and Clash songs both seem to play the same and in anycase only Clash song I want is "London Calling."

I'll definitely be getting Complete Control, but I'm indifferent to the others. I really don't need another Police song.

A Harmonix guy mentioned Lost in the Supermarket in an interview in this thread, which would be great. I love that song. London Calling would also be good.

Complete Control is one of my favorites from The Clash, so I'll definitely pick that up. Probably pick up Teenage Lobotomy but I'll pass on The Police. I have exactly 320 points left so it works out for me.

Awesome, awesome week this week. I love "truth hits everybody", very under appreciated song. Teenage Lobotomy is a good ramones choice and any clash is a good week. Will buy all three as soon as they become available.

This is liek he 4th week I have saved my points.....
On a side note Ea's customers support is dumn as hell. I have had them tell me that they recieved my drums on the 31st and the 30th, but my drums actually got there on the 25th. They still havent gotten them out to me. I better get some free stuff

I can't fucking beat Don't Fear the Reaper on expert drums!

It is driving me insane. I just can't get that bass drum beat during the guitar solo. I've tried and tried during practice but nothing works.

Yeah, all the downloads suck for me, so far I've bought the Queens of the Stone Age pack, and All American Rejects for my girlfriend. Everything else really is meh. Why aren't they getting some more hits, and some hard rock on there? I'm pretty bored with the game at this point.

Dude, I am snapping this content up. Can't get enough Ramones or the Clash. The Police aren't bad either. :)

Let's hope 'Teenage Lobotomy' is more fun on guitar than 'Rockaway Beach' was...

And you complainers should back off. Classic punk and classic rock are: good.

is there a way i can get on the list for the oxm disk? or is there anyone willing to ship it out to me? thanks - i can pay shipping

I LOLed when I saw the name of the pack

(Arguably) Punk Pack 02

So far I played em on Expert drums.
Police is the most challenging and fun by far.
Actually a better song than I thought.

The Clash song is pretty cool.
The Ramones one is decent, more fast repetitive right hand playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back