Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='REL1203']I agree with those saying this weeks DLC is lame... I mean, i dont really lik bands like greatful dead, but atleast I can appreacate them for what they are, this weeks DLC is just aweful and would feel ashamed to actually pay to play them, but I know there are people who do like that type of noise and i hope they appreicate Harmonix making some tracks for them.[/quote]

At The Gates>>damn near any band on the Rock band tracklist, DLC or otherwise.

[quote name='bardockkun']HOLY MONKEY ASS! Just got done with the goddamn marathon setlist with my friend on expert...

I kinda feel...eternally nerdy and proud all at once for accomplishing that (also fuck Green Grass and High Tides to hell!). In anycase, since now I've got the status of "Platinum Artist" does it apply only when I play bass with other bands or can I play either bass or guitar with anyone and still have that status?[/QUOTE]

It will show up for both guitar and bass.

[quote name='emdub']It will show up for both guitar and bass.[/quote]
Cool, looks like I have the power to give achievements then...

[quote name='evanft']Yes, cause Serj's vocals are exactly the same as those of the bands featured in the thrash pack. :applause:

WILL DOWNLOAD.[/quote]

waiit, no i wasn't saying that they were even similar..other than the fact that they are both equally bad. but if you can appreciate one, i don't understand how you can say the other is so terrible. it's just strange to me.

I'm thrilled to see this thread is finally showing hints of decending into some snooty "well (insert band) is better than anything you listen to, so bring yourself up to my level of refined musical taste, loser" vs. "this week's shit is lame and if you buy this week's lame shit you are a lameshit" war. I guess it was only a matter of time...this is a music related thread.

Probably ATG for me this week since I've been seekin' some variety lately. On a related note, I'm not much of a Freezepop fan but that song on the OXM disc is a nice change of pace.

[quote name='bil4ltool']At The Gates>>damn near any band on the Rock band tracklist, DLC or otherwise.[/quote]

This is correct.

[quote name='redmang']waiit, no i wasn't saying that they were even similar..other than the fact that they are both equally bad. but if you can appreciate one, i don't understand how you can say the other is so terrible. it's just strange to me.[/quote]

Once again, wrong.

At the Gates released what is easily the greatest death metal album of all time, Slaughter of the Soul.

It's also easily one of the greatest albums of the 90s.

In fact, it's easily one of the greatest albums of all time.

[quote name='bardockkun']Cool, looks like I have the power to give achievements then...[/quote]

I guess I need to jam out with you sometime then. :lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm thrilled to see this thread is finally showing hints of decending into some snooty "well (insert band) is better than anything you listen to, so bring yourself up to my level of refined musical taste, loser" vs. "this week's shit is lame and if you buy this week's lame shit you are a lameshit" war. I guess it was only a matter of time...this is a music related thread.

Probably ATG for me this week since I've been seekin' some variety lately. On a related note, I'm not much of a Freezepop fan but that song on the OXM disc is a nice change of pace.[/quote]

im definitely not trying to be snooty at all, and i don't think anyone is lame for liking this week's pack (even though im not necessarily a fan).. im just trying to understand how people can bash one unusual singing style (serj's), but then turn around and praise another that is equally as strange.

of course i realize that it's all subjective..but someone must kind of see what im talking about..

[quote name='prmononoke']This is correct.

Once again, wrong.

At the Gates released what is easily the greatest death metal album of all time, Slaughter of the Soul.

It's also easily one of the greatest albums of the 90s.

In fact, it's easily one of the greatest albums of all time.[/QUOTE]

You are a tool.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']You are a tool.[/quote]

This is also wrong.

Of course, back up your claims and you may have a convincing argument.

Granted, you have nothing to back up your claims with, so good luck.

Edit:

I just looked at your Last.fm page, and I can't figure you out. You clearly like metal. Most metal fans who have listened to Slaughter of the Soul agree that it's a masterpiece. I only call it one of the greatest albums ever because it's in my own personal top 3. No other metal album has had the longevity (for me) that SotS has.

Nice, this week is gonna be good for the drummers(no matter what difficulty you play on) + expert guitarists.

Just wish you could turn off the vocals, like most metal music. Love the instrumentals, hate the lyrics/vocals.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Nice, this week is gonna be good for the drummers(no matter what difficulty you play on) + expert guitarists.

Just wish you could turn off the vocals, like most metal music. Love the instrumentals, hate the lyrics/vocals.[/quote]

I like both. I listen mainly for the instruments, but I have an affinity for growls/screams. Bands like Cradle of Filth wouldn't be the same without the vocal style.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm thrilled to see this thread is finally showing hints of decending into some snooty "well (insert band) is better than anything you listen to, so bring yourself up to my level of refined musical taste, loser" vs. "this week's shit is lame and if you buy this week's lame shit you are a lameshit" war. I guess it was only a matter of time...this is a music related thread.

Probably ATG for me this week since I've been seekin' some variety lately. On a related note, I'm not much of a Freezepop fan but that song on the OXM disc is a nice change of pace.[/quote]

Oh yeah, well...SHUT UP!

Even with me bashing Serj, mark my words one day i'll end up buying that song just for the Pokemon like mentality of gotta have em all. So it doesn't matter who likes what in the end, in the end we are all just whores for this game! WHORES! (Or at least I am)

[quote name='redmang']waiit, no i wasn't saying that they were even similar..other than the fact that they are both equally bad. but if you can appreciate one, i don't understand how you can say the other is so terrible. it's just strange to me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should try to realize that not everyone has the same opinion as you.
This will probably help you in all aspects of your life.

Can't wait for tonight!

[quote name='bardockkun']HOLY MONKEY ASS! Just got done with the goddamn marathon setlist with my friend on expert...

I kinda feel...eternally nerdy and proud all at once for accomplishing that (also fuck Green Grass and High Tides to hell!). In anycase, since now I've got the status of "Platinum Artist" does it apply only when I play bass with other bands or can I play either bass or guitar with anyone and still have that status?[/quote]

Wow. Sick. I will never finish that because I don't have anyone to play with (who's any good or willing to sit there that long). I still can't pass expert because of the last tier. I can't clear any of the songs there - so close!!!

[quote name='javeryh']Wow. Sick. I will never finish that because I don't have anyone to play with (who's any good or willing to sit there that long). I still can't pass expert because of the last tier. I can't clear any of the songs there - so close!!![/quote]
Word of advice...

Do it only for sake of completion or achievements. Simply for the fact we got something around only one million fans (we basically lost the exact same amount with losing and retrying green grass and high tides three times). Other then that you get like $36,000, but by now there really isn't much need for money in the game unless you want all the guitars and bass.

Hey, has anyone else read this news yet?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=845

Short Version:
PAL Rock Band Will Have 10 ''Exclusive'' Songs

* Blur “Beattlebum” (English)
* Oasis “Rock ‘n’ roll star” (Englsih)
* Tokio Hotel “Through the Monsoon” (English)
* Muse “Hysteria” (English)
* Les Wamaps “Manu Chao” (French)
* Indochine “L’Aventurier” (French)
* Playmo “New Wave” (French)
* Die Toten Hosen “Hier Kommt Alex” (German)
* Juli “Perfekte Welle” (German)
* H-Block X “Countdown to Insanity” (German)

[quote name='BlueWingX']Hey, has anyone else read this news yet?

Short Version:

* H-Block X “Countdown to Insanity” (German)[/QUOTE]

I was reading this as well, and I hope that some of these songs make it across the pond sooner or later... Especially Hysteria!!

[quote name='thehuskerfan']I was reading this as well, and I hope that some of these songs make it across the pond sooner or later... Especially Hysteria!![/quote]

Most will, if not all. Long as they can work out the legalities; music licensing is always a pain. Harmonix would be crazy not to.

The copious typos make me curious about the whole thing though.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!those F*ckers Get Muse!!!!!!!!!!! I Have Been Waiting For Muse For Ever...
In case you guys could tell I'm angry about not getting Muse

[quote name='BlueWingX']Hey, has anyone else read this news yet?

Short Version:

* H-Block X “Countdown to Insanity” (German)[/quote]\

GIVE ME MY EFFING MUSE NOW, THAT IS THE SONG I REQUESTED OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

I'm sure most of that will be paid dlc for us NA users. If they made the tracks why not get them out to as many users as possible.

I play rock band a lot but haven't chimed in here. For the record, the Rock Band Hammer on and Pull of window is much too small, and telling the difference between regular notes and hammer ons/POs is a bitch.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Two words: RAMM-STEIN :cool:[/quote]

Oh yeah, Rammstein would be awesome. I was listening to them recently and was like, "This has to be in Rock Band."

I want "Moskau." That would be awesome.

[quote name='porieux']Maybe you should try to realize that not everyone has the same opinion as you.
This will probably help you in all aspects of your life.

Can't wait for tonight![/quote]

i realize it's a subjective thing and i really wasn't trying to be a dick. i was just trying to point out something that i thought was interesting.

Well you have to realize that you are arbitrarily grouping two things together which are vastly different, declaring them the same, and saying that someone who likes one might as well like the other. Just because you don't like both of them doesn't make them the same to others.

[quote name='Razzuel']I guess I am the only person in here that really likes System of a Down?

Yeah those songs in the Trash Pack sound really bad.[/quote]
I'm a huge System of a Down/Serj Tankian fan. I have all their CDs and even had the chance to meet Serj and get his autograph at a Elect the Dead visual listening party here in Hollywood.

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']I'm sure most of that will be paid dlc for us NA users. If they made the tracks why not get them out to as many users as possible.

I play rock band a lot but haven't chimed in here. For the record, the Rock Band Hammer on and Pull of window is much too small, and telling the difference between regular notes and hammer ons/POs is a bitch.[/quote]
Or just been spoiled by Guitar Hero III's magical HOPO. Since their margin is ridiculous (THERE is NO way I should be able to HO a guitar note after 2 or so seconds of silence *ahem* Halo theme). I find Rock Band to be similar to GH2, but with Rock Band once you notice the HOPO notes are smaller then the other ones you get the hang of which ones are easy to HOPO in my opinion...

Found these so far on youtube, hope you like strumming!
Thrasher - Expert Guitar
Thrasher - Expert Bass
Thrasher - Expert Drums & Vocals (recorded by the singer, so the drum chart is scrolling extremely slowly and his name stays on the screen the whole time.)
Blinded By Fear - Expert Guitar
D.O.A. - Expert Guitar
As with any youtube links, you can add &fmt=18 to the end of the URL to get a higher quality vid, which I already did for the Thrasher drum video.

From what I've read on scorehero, Thrasher is harder than Green Grass on High Tides on guitar, according to the tiers, and Blinded By Fear is harder than Won't Get Fooled Again (ditto).

Thrasher looks absolutely brutal on everything.

The whole pack looks tough. Maybe when I get some points I'll get it, but it will certainly mess up the random set lists.

These songs are extremely fun on expert guitar so far. Well I couldn't pass Thrasher but I made it to 39% LOL. Can't wait to try drums + vox!

[quote name='Ragekod']I'm a huge System of a Down/Serj Tankian fan. I have all their CDs and even had the chance to meet Serj and get his autograph at a Elect the Dead visual listening party here in Hollywood.[/quote]

Awesome, nice to know other people like them.

Jesus Christ...

Thrasher is...

Goddamn, I LOVE the Thrash pack! It's so goddamn ungodly hard and exactly what I expected or where I wanted the game to start going more into. Just goddamn, it's a relentless ass beating with Thrasher.

[quote name='bardockkun']Jesus Christ...

Thrasher is...

Goddamn, I LOVE the Thrash pack! It's so goddamn ungodly hard and exactly what I expected or where I wanted the game to start going more into. Just goddamn, it's a relentless ass beating with Thrasher.[/QUOTE]

I have the exact opposite reaction to this... I really hope this isn't where the game is headed. I don't mind them putting out some stuff like this. I think there should be a grand mix of all types of music in RB, but I just want them to remember that not everyone who plays is "hardcore".

The main reason I don't d/l songs like this is that there's no way to block them from coming up during the random setlists in world tour. My g/f is the singer in our band, and I know she has no interest in trying to sing songs like this. I don't even really like rapid fire up/down strumming....

In the end, I do hope they throw more metal our way. I have friends who enjoy it quite a bit, and it's obvious people here enjoy it too. I just hope they also remember the other side of the coin, as it were, and release some stuff like Heart, Gin Blossoms, Barenaked Ladies, Better Than Ezra, and lots of other bands that are just as much fun for the casual fan.

[quote name='bardockkun']Jesus Christ...

Thrasher is...

Goddamn, I LOVE the Thrash pack! It's so goddamn ungodly hard and exactly what I expected or where I wanted the game to start going more into. Just goddamn, it's a relentless ass beating with Thrasher.[/quote]

See this is what confuses me. Why do people equate difficulty with fun? Difficulty does not equal fun. For example N+ and Halo 3 are some games that have this problem. Some of the levels in N+ are fun but most of the levels made me want to smash my head through a wall and then jump into a meat grinder. Then there are those people in Halo 3 who fistpump themselves while stating that if you don't play Heroic or Legendary then you aren't playing the game. When I play games I play them to have fun. I like having a challenge but when it becomes overly frustrating then I just stop playing because it isn't worth it. Which is just like how I gave up on beating expert drums career because Don't Fear the Reaper is complete bullshit.

[quote name='Razzuel']See this is what confuses me. Why do people equate difficulty with fun? Difficulty does not equal fun.[/quote]

Because it provides a new challenge. Just like when you got bored of playing drums on easy, medium and hard. I often give up on songs (see Metallica pack) but I'll eventually go back when I'm better and complete them.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Because it provides a new challenge. Just like when you got bored of playing drums on easy, medium and hard. I often give up on songs (see Metallica pack) but I'll eventually go back when I'm better and complete them.[/quote]

No see you are blending challenge and frustration into the same category. I am completely fine with being challenged. Challenges aren't the problem. If I didn't challenge myself and proceed with diligence and determination I wouldn't of been able to excel to playing drums on expert from starting on medium. The problem could be best seen with N+ because I see that game as the epitome of frustrating games.

I understand that some people are masochistic but games shouldn't be based in masochism. Games should be a venue of fun and entertainment. Why would you play a game to get even more stressed out than you already are?

[quote name='porieux']One man's frustration is another man's challenge.[/quote]
I think that basically sums up how I feel...

Though singing for the thrash pack is honestly pretty boring. Everything else, I find it damn fun and I can't wait to play it with a group. Though I don't know anyone right now personally who can pass Thrasher on guitar. Eitherway I love it and it's good welcome every once in awhile to release something fast in Rock Band, though definetly wouldn't mind more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back