Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='porieux']One man's frustration is another man's challenge.[/quote]

Yeah I am quite aware of that. Everyone is different and everyone has different levels of frustration they can take in before reaching that critical point.

But I know that a lot of people hide their frustration as if they are trying to prove something. I started Call of Duty 4 on normal but I reached a point in the game that was so difficult and frustrating that I said fuck it and I restarted the level on easy and continued to complete the game on easy from there. When I get asked what difficulty I beat it on I say easy and the most popular response is what the hell why didn't you play it on veteran like your supposed to.

It's not worth it. Thankfully I realized this. There are too many games and there is not enough time to play them.

Yes I realize once you reach a certain skill level that the easier difficulties become boring but when someone doesn't beat your game because they became too frustrated then the game designers fucked up along the way.

There's only three things I want in this game right now:

1. Who's Next
2. Don't Stop Believin'

3. ANY MUSE SONG!!

Please Harmonix!! Make it happen!

[quote name='bardockkun']I think that basically sums up how I feel...

Though singing for the thrash pack is honestly pretty boring. Everything else, I find it damn fun and I can't wait to play it with a group. Though I don't know anyone right now personally who can pass Thrasher on guitar. Eitherway I love it and it's good welcome every once in awhile to release something fast in Rock Band, though definetly wouldn't mind more.[/quote]

Most songs seem to be pretty boring or crappy to sing in Rock Band - I blame the rigidness of how you have to sing, and that you're not allowed to make embellishes that would mirror something you might see in a live performance.

[quote name='modium']I just got 4 stars, almost 5, singing Thrasher on expert. All I did was go "oooooooooooo" the entire song.

:lol:[/quote]

Hawt.

How well does the Xbox Live headset work when used as a microphone? I can get the Rock Band game for extremely cheap, the drums half off, and use my Guitar Hero III guitar. All this would save me a ton of money since I wouldn't have to buy the bundle.

no ,the regular X-box LIVE headset dosn't work and thats from experience! ,but according the message in RB "any usb microphone will work"

[quote name='Nealocus123']How well does the Xbox Live headset work when used as a microphone? I can get the Rock Band game for extremely cheap, the drums half off, and use my Guitar Hero III guitar. All this would save me a ton of money since I wouldn't have to buy the bundle.[/QUOTE]
Headset works okay. I use it when playing guitar and singing at the same time. I don't think it picks up your voice as well as the mic. I've been meaning to buy a mic stand.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Headset works okay. I use it when playing guitar and singing at the same time. I don't think it picks up your voice as well as the mic. I've been meaning to buy a mic stand.[/quote]

first thing i bought. awesome! nothing beats wobbling around like an inebriated musician with one hand on the stand, or lifting the mic stand over your head.

still need to get a really long silk leopard print scarf.

So I could buy a stand alone microphone and as long as it's USB it will work?

Because I can get the drums for $40, the game for $9, and I am not going to dish out an extra $110 for a microphone...

"Thrasher" is ridiculous on Expert guitar. I beat the other two, but I haven't tried drums on them yet. I will do that in about an hour. Like someone else in this thread, I only got 30 some percent on "Thrasher."

[quote name='Nealocus123']So I could buy a stand alone microphone and as long as it's USB it will work?

Because I can get the drums for $40, the game for $9, and I am not going to dish out an extra $110 for a microphone...[/QUOTE]

I've seen several used at GS for $12.99. That's where I got mine from.

[quote name='prmononoke']"Thrasher" is ridiculous on Expert guitar. I beat the other two, but I haven't tried drums on them yet. I will do that in about an hour. Like someone else in this thread, I only got 30 some percent on "Thrasher."[/quote]

WORD, failing Thrasher many times in a row got me so upset that i had to stop playing! good lord, i don't know if i'll ever finish that one! haha

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']Who died wanking?[/quote]

Michael Hutchence. He was found strangled in a hotel room completely naked with a belt nearby and it was ruled a suicide. People close to him have said it was likely due to autoerotic asphyxiation.

[quote name='Nealocus123']So I could buy a stand alone microphone and as long as it's USB it will work?

Because I can get the drums for $40, the game for $9, and I am not going to dish out an extra $110 for a microphone...[/quote]
Wow nice deal, from who? I've been dying to buy this game, but just can't justify the price

[quote name='javeryh']Michael Hutchence. He was found strangled in a hotel room completely naked with a belt nearby and it was ruled a suicide. People close to him have said it was likely due to autoerotic asphyxiation.[/quote]

I think that choking method is supposed to increase the feeling or something. A kid in my area accidentally hanged himself in the same manner.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I think that choking method is supposed to increase the feeling or something. A kid in my area accidentally hanged himself in the same manner.[/quote]
Perhaps he wasn't ready for a new sensation?

Alright, I've further dug my hole to hell...

This is great. Rock Band is totally worth the price of entry and then some.

This news is even better:
The Rock Band music store won't be the only thing added by the forthcoming patch, with several fixes to the game included as well. Harmonix states that the patch fixes "some of the common issues" it's heard about on Rockband.com.
  • Fan cap revision -- Increase on number of fans possible before cap. Easy players can travel across Atlantic, Medium players have a wider range of venues and Hard players on the Xbox 360 can unlock "One Million Fans" achievement.
  • Increased diversity in Band World Tour song selection.
  • Improved phoneme recognition -- Improved detection and scoring for phoneme recognition. Examples are songs like Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld and Blitzkrieg Bop.
  • Microphone latency on PS3 improved.
  • Xbox 360 band logos now visible through Xbox LIVE -- Parental controls prevented band logos from being visible over Xbox LIVE.
  • Faster loading of DLC -- Songs are cached for a one time wait.
The company admits that this does not fix every issue out there and states Harmonix is "listening to all of your requests, and actively want to get these features onto the Rock Band platform in the future."

I just hope the phoneme recognition applies to DLC as well. Whenever I sing Ride the Lightning, no matter what the difficulty it never seems to pick up the "It's the beginning of the end" part.

Hope the patch comes out today or tomorrow. Finally can get farther in Band World Tour since my brother can't go past medium. The interface is also brillant, and being able to hear the song first is gold. :)

[quote name='SoulReaver']Wow nice deal, from who? I've been dying to buy this game, but just can't justify the price[/quote]

Through work. I get the drums half off and my boss is letting me do a no history return for the game.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']
Online Band World Tour left to go.[/quote]

QFE!

Can't wait to try out that new store. Looks awesome. Even better if the navigation is quick, unlike how slow the Marketplace is. I love this game.

EDIT: Some sources are reporting this patch is going live today!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']QFE!

Can't wait to try out that new store. Looks awesome. Even better if the navigation is quick, unlike how slow the Marketplace is. I love this game.

EDIT: Some sources are reporting this patch is going live today![/QUOTE]

this game just keeps getting better. i hope they can get the logistics straight with making bwt online. that's the only thing lacking at this point. That, and Bad Company.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Hope the patch comes out today or tomorrow. Finally can get farther in Band World Tour since my brother can't go past medium. The interface is also brillant, and being able to hear the song first is gold. :)[/quote]

Same. My wife can't get past medium and now we can keep playing!

[quote name='javeryh']Same. My wife can't get past medium and now we can keep playing![/quote]

Ditto, my wife can do a few "Hard" songs but I need someone who's able to beat them proficiently. Still, I gotta hand it to her, she doesn't normally play games and we got pretty far.

[quote name='Rodimus']Ditto, my wife can do a few "Hard" songs but I need someone who's able to beat them proficiently. Still, I gotta hand it to her, she doesn't normally play games and we got pretty far.[/quote]

Yeah, same here - she can do a few songs on hard but not many (she's the singer). She also doesn't normally play games but she has been having a blast with Rock Band.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/20/rock-band-music-store-rockin-consoles-this-week/

This interface looks awesome.

also, they claim to have sold 6 million songs in DLC since release.[/QUOTE]
YES.

I'm pretty sure this is why they've been waiting to release the full albums. There was an interview a while back where a Harmonix guy mentioned the full albums being too cluttered in the XBL marketplace. Having the bundles and individual songs available is manageable for three song packs, but beyond that it may become hard to tell what you own the way it's currently setup.

[quote name='flybrione']Could anyone recommend a decent priced mic stand. Thanks.[/quote]

if you have a guitar center around, they have a stand for 19 and then you need a butterfly clip for about 5. don't get a hard clip. these fat mics don't fit in them.

[quote name='dim2192']Jeez what the hell is wrong with you? You guys are treating this game like it is the most amazing, most original game ever made. Yes, you can hear the song before you play it. Have you been in a coma for the last ten years because I remember being able to do this since Guitar Hero 1 (even the original DDR did it). Also, with Downloadable Content, you are paying around $2 per song. I refuse to purchase it, knowing that there could (and should) have been at least 20 more songs added to the disk. Also, how bad do you have to be to not be able to play past medium? The expert on guitar/bass is equal to medium on Guitar Hero 3. Seriously, just practice a bit and learn to play instead of begging for a patch. If I can teach my 7 year old brother to play Guitar and Drums on Expert, then it can be done by anyone.

I feel like I am the only one who is dissapointed with this game. But the community disappoints me even more. Sorry for all the anger, but I cant stand what I am hearing.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread or non sequitur?

[quote name='mykevermin']Wrong thread or non sequitur?[/quote]
I think I'm in the right spot. I'm sorry if I make you guys mad, but think of this as an opinion instead of a flame.

Edit: I removed it, I would rather not get anyone upset

[quote name='dim2192']I think I'm in the right spot. I'm sorry if I make you guys mad, but think of this as an opinion instead of a flame.

(But seriously, just practice and you will be play hard/expert in no time)[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's okay. Don't think so highly of yourself.

I was just curious about the origin of your anger. I see a dozen or so posts about the new menu/store, half a dozen about mic stands, and ol' javeryh talking about his wife being able to complete medium in a lonely post.

I just don't know what inspired your 'rant.' It seems to have come out of left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back