Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least people who own Rock Band for PS3 can finally get a piece of that, but bleh... Give me friggin Who's Next or Zero already for the people who have already had these songs for months!

[quote name='Flyersfan']speaking of that OXM stuff, what happened to that last train I saw with that map? I'm waiting for it to make it around the western US so I can get in on it over here :)[/quote]

I passed it on to csalzman on monday, I am unsure how far it has made it since then.

You know, I really, really, REALLY want Nevermind ASAP, but after listening to Who's Next, I wouldn't be mad if that hit first. I'm falling in love with "Behind Blue Eyes".

[quote name='dallow']Did they say Nevermind was going to come eventually?
Wondering since everyone seems to be clamoring for it.[/QUOTE]

Yep

Wondering since everyone seems to be clamoring for it.[/quote]
When DLC for Rock Band was first announced last year (specifically full album DLC) they said that Nevermind was going to be avaliable on launch. Well, been awhile since then and now for majority of full album DLC the last time they mentioned it was they're going to "release it on a date that makes total sense." So I don't know, maybe when GH: Aerosmith comes out they'll release them, but goddamn taking their sweet ass time.

Wondering since everyone seems to be clamoring for it.[/quote]

Yes. They announced "Nevermind" and "Who's Next" as full album downloads that would be coming eventually.

That's cool. I'd pass on Nevermind, but yeah, I really would like to see more full album releases.

EDIT: Who's Next?

Yeah, I'd get that in a second.

Well I feel stupid for being in a train now. All of the songs suck (Sprode is actually pretty funny and worth it) and I gotta play them randomly when I wish I didn't. It cost me as much to ship as they cost on marketplace.

So effectively no new songs for 2 weeks in a row.....going thru withdrawals...

See the thing is, with an addict you don't want to withhold the drug, or the addiction could subside..

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Swear to God OXM PROMISED these would never be on Marketplace.

fuck that shit.[/quote]

Well, I'm not saying they didn't say that at one point, but from what I saw, they were pretty reserved in saying that at one point it could even be free DLC.

Very lame though. I think they are holding back due to the PSN maintenance. Damn you Sony.

Eh, this is giving them time to work on full albums for the new music store.

I just ordered this game yesterday, so I'm a little late to the party.

I was wondering, though--has there been any word on Pearl Jam music? I'd love to see "Ten" released as an album download.

"Pleasure (Pleasure)" by Bang Camaro is a favorite of mine, and I actually went out and bought their CD because of it.

I'm thinking next week's announcement will be HUGE since this week and next week's are just basically filler material. I'm betting on the first full album.

[quote name='Scorch']"Pleasure (Pleasure)" by Bang Camaro is a favorite of mine, and I actually went out and bought their CD because of it.

I'm thinking next week's announcement will be HUGE since this week and next week's are just basically filler material. I'm betting on the first full album.[/quote]
I hope so, Jesus I NEED new music.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm thinking next week's announcement will be HUGE since this week and next week's are just basically filler material. I'm betting on the first full album.[/quote]

That's what it sounds like. I'm hoping for Nevermind.

[quote name='Scorch']"Pleasure (Pleasure)" by Bang Camaro is a favorite of mine, and I actually went out and bought their CD because of it.

I'm thinking next week's announcement will be HUGE since this week and next week's are just basically filler material. I'm betting on the first full album.[/QUOTE]

please god be true... it doesn't matter.... at least a full album...

that is a pretty lame list of songs for download, especially since those were supposed to be special oxm exclusive songs, o well i already had em and now dont have to pay the dollar each, so whatever, i still call shenanigans on that one tho.

[quote name='bardockkun'] Well, been awhile since then and now for majority of full album DLC the last time they mentioned it was they're going to "release it on a date that makes total sense." .[/quote]

Wellllll, y'know that Kurt's body was discovered on April 8th, which would be ummmm...Tuesday. They haven't said anything, sure, but if you want a date that's important to Nirvana, umm...yeah, this would be a good one.

And how much do I want to play Baba O' Riley? Quite a frickin' lot, thank you very much!

[quote name='TahoeMax']Wellllll, y'know that Kurt's body was discovered on April 8th, which would be ummmm...Tuesday. They haven't said anything, sure, but if you want a date that's important to Nirvana, umm...yeah, this would be a good one.[/quote]

[quote name='What It Says In My Head On Tuesday If It Were True'] Celebrate Kurt Cobain's body after it was found with a blown off head by downloading Nevermind by Nirvana! [/quote]

We'll see...

And yes, this alongside my INXS comment all indicate me going to hell.

Just bought the bundle and my wife and I are loving it. My wife is having a blast on the mic. I'm doing ok with the drums on medium, that stupid foot pedal throws me off all the time.

(since the bundle came with a USB hub, why does the Best Buy people think I need to buy the $30 hub with it?)

[quote name='my2k2zx2'](since the bundle came with a USB hub, why does the Best Buy people think I need to buy the $30 hub with it?)[/quote]

Yeah, the only difference is that it is powered by the 360. I guess if you just wanted to eliminate another cord by not having to plug in the hub, you would be in business. Not worth $30 to me, but maybe it is to someone out there.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Rock Band really needs to bring some actual rock. There are a lot of crap filler songs in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...no wait, fuck no. What fucking game are you playing?

Hall of Fame baby!! Last night the wife and I got inducted - sweet 100 point achievement. Next up is trying to get the 1,000,000 fans. We are at 609,000 right now. Does anyone know the new cap levels? We are also going to try and knock off as many "Big in..." achievements as possible. How the hell do the top people have 250,000,000 fans? Do you get like a million fans for one expert song or something?

[quote name='javeryh']Hall of Fame baby!! Last night the wife and I got inducted - sweet 100 point achievement. Next up is trying to get the 1,000,000 fans. We are at 609,000 right now. Does anyone know the new cap levels? We are also going to try and knock off as many "Big in..." achievements as possible. How the hell do the top people have 250,000,000 fans? Do you get like a million fans for one expert song or something?[/quote]

As long as your both playing on Hard, you can get the 1,000,000 fan achievement with the new cap...

Went to a party last night and after a several drinks we hooked up Rockband. I had a blast. There's nothing like playing around a group of people. I did awsome on the drums and sang a little.

[quote name='javeryh']Hall of Fame baby!! Last night the wife and I got inducted - sweet 100 point achievement. Next up is trying to get the 1,000,000 fans. We are at 609,000 right now. Does anyone know the new cap levels? We are also going to try and knock off as many "Big in..." achievements as possible. How the hell do the top people have 250,000,000 fans? Do you get like a million fans for one expert song or something?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure yer on Medium correct? I'm not certain what the exact cap is but yer right around it.

Secondly, I thought you could go back in BWT and replay the song on a harder level to fans, correct? We went back and did "Make A Setlist" the other day and it played it on Hard. We picked songs we knew we could do but we didn't get any fans. What gives? I swear I used to be able do this?

The old cap for hard used to be 600,000...it was like 280,000 on medium. I'm not sure what the new caps are.

My roommate's finally playing expert now, though, so we're gonna go for 1,000,000.

[quote name='anomynous']Seriously, there needs to be a Journey pack

Don't Stop Believin
Any Way You Want It
Seperate Ways[/quote]

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I would pay 4800 MS Points for Don't Stop Believin'.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't BELIEVE how much I would pay for it

Damn. I have snapped my drum pads. Is this the way they break for other people?

brokendrum.jpg

It's not as visible, but the yellow and red pads are broken as well.

They still work, but I suppose I'll try to initiate a return. Maybe I'll try to mod the new set with some padding...

This is really in case anyone comes searching through this thread like I have over the past week or so looking for information on Microphones.

I would consider myself a fairly good singer. I'm not a rock singer, so my voice sounds funny with the music, but I'm spot on pitch wise. I've been following this thread since January so I knew that the various headsets work with this game. I figured that I'd be a Cheap Ass and just buy the game used. I have two wireless guitars and my wife really didn't want the drums in the house.

I started out using the wireless headset on Medium. After getting kicked off the stage a few times I decided to back down to Easy. I was able to get through songs, but never with more than 3 stars. I was seriously reconsidering my singing ability. Am I really that bad? I did note that the arrow that represents your pitch would come and go at odd times. It seemed to pick up sound but not pitch at times.

After a couple days I broke out the wired Microsoft headset. On easy I was able to five star some songs, but ones that jumped low to high and or had a lot of quick phrases were impossible for me to get above 3 stars. I found if I started singing phrases early that helped in general.

Today I finally spent a gift card on the Rock Band USB Microphone. I saw on here that any USB Mic would work, but after all the problems I had so far I wanted to see what the official mic would be like. fuck! It may be overkill but it works well. After 100% a bunch of songs on Easy I decided to see what Expert was like. I was actually able to 5 star songs on Expert.

I'm guessing the wire may be the main differentiator, but maybe the quality of the microphone makes a difference. If you are looking for justification to switch to a "real" microphone, I would definitely recommend it.

I can now really say that I love this game. :)

Ohhhhh now I'm chomping at the bit for Who's Next. Just finished Won't Get Fooled Again on hard drums and I need more Keith Moon signature tracks stat!

[quote name='mriswyth']This is really in case anyone comes searching through this thread like I have over the past week or so looking for information on Microphones.

I would consider myself a fairly good singer. I'm not a rock singer, so my voice sounds funny with the music, but I'm spot on pitch wise. I've been following this thread since January so I knew that the various headsets work with this game. I figured that I'd be a Cheap Ass and just buy the game used. I have two wireless guitars and my wife really didn't want the drums in the house.

I started out using the wireless headset on Medium. After getting kicked off the stage a few times I decided to back down to Easy. I was able to get through songs, but never with more than 3 stars. I was seriously reconsidering my singing ability. Am I really that bad? I did note that the arrow that represents your pitch would come and go at odd times. It seemed to pick up sound but not pitch at times.

After a couple days I broke out the wired Microsoft headset. On easy I was able to five star some songs, but ones that jumped low to high and or had a lot of quick phrases were impossible for me to get above 3 stars. I found if I started singing phrases early that helped in general.

Today I finally spent a gift card on the Rock Band USB Microphone. I saw on here that any USB Mic would work, but after all the problems I had so far I wanted to see what the official mic would be like. fuck! It may be overkill but it works well. After 100% a bunch of songs on Easy I decided to see what Expert was like. I was actually able to 5 star songs on Expert.

I'm guessing the wire may be the main differentiator, but maybe the quality of the microphone makes a difference. If you are looking for justification to switch to a "real" microphone, I would definitely recommend it.

I can now really say that I love this game. :)[/quote]

REALLY????????? Wow,that's great to hear. I tried singing with the wired mic and I was TERRIBLE!!!! I mean, I thought I would be alright on medium, but my pitch was all over the place and I was straining real hard to try to keep the cursor on line, even on easy. I was very put off by the whole experience so I just stopped. I don't think I sing terrible either, but I'm failing on easy ffs!

Singing is something that I would like to do in this if it really makes a difference. Singing will truly extend life into this game. I'm already getting tired of failing Dead on Arrival everytime on drums.

Now, I'm really regretting my purchase of and game and drums only...

Talking about the Rock Band microphone, has anyone else noticed that it's the only peripheral that you can't go through the automatic warranty process for? It actually requires you to call them, while the other instruments do not.

I haven't really heard of any problems with the mic out of the box. The guitar sucks, the drum kick pedal breaks (although some tape and plywood fixed mine), but the mic is pretty hard to mess up.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I haven't really heard of any problems with the mic out of the box. The guitar sucks, the drum kick pedal breaks (although some tape and plywood fixed mine), but the mic is pretty hard to mess up.[/quote]

When you have to hit the mic, it doesn't register that well (at least on mine). I've got it all calibrated perfectly, so there isn't any lag, yet to actually hit the cowbell/whatever, I have to just hit the mic over and over, with no real rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back