Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']What are you talking about, all the games have their share of cheesy pop artists.[/quote]
Yes, but nothing fills my hate more then her... So for her alone, I want Rock Revolution to fail.

[quote name='jkanownik']How is Paramore any different than Avril Lavigne?[/quote]

From what I've heard there isn't much of a difference. Wasn't Paramore put together by a record company (Atlantic to be specific)?

You've got to be fucking kidding me. 19 dollars?! That's fucked up. I mean sure you are getting all that interactivity but the album is stuck on my 360. I can't do anything but play it in Rock Band.

15 dollars made more sense.

So if I like the album then I have to pay 19 dollars to play it in Rock Band AND then pay 10 dollars plus shipping for it on Amazon. Gah!

Hopefully I'm not the only one that thinks this is fucking insane.

If I may quote myself from 12/19/2007:

"I'm mystified why everyone keeps begging for the albums, when most of them are not going to like the prices, and bitch and moan and not buy them."

It's only $1.37 a song. You think they're going to give you every album for the same price, regardless of the number of tracks? Keep dreaming.

And by dreaming, I mean needlessly bitching with a retarded and baseless argument.

hey all, i just got rock band. i'm just playing the guitar on easy/medium, and i'm missing notes, especially when they are like 5 or 6 in a row. its like really hard to hit it that fast. is this the strum problem people were talking about?

[quote name='wowimsocute']hey all, i just got rock band. i'm just playing the guitar on easy/medium, and i'm missing notes, especially when they are like 5 or 6 in a row. its like really hard to hit it that fast. is this the strum problem people were talking about?[/quote]

strum both directions, not just one.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. You only pay for the DLC you want. We're already winning here guys. Though I know some of you are hypnotized into buying every single RB track out there. :lol:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Speaking of Doolittle, I hope they don't up the price for it from the standard $15. It's got a lot more songs than the others(14 not counting Wave of Mutilation vs 9ish on both JP and the Cars) but most of them are pretty short, only 2 or 3 minutes. I also wonder if they'll censor Gouge Away("Some marijuana if you got some.") I hope not since that Dead song already makes reference to cocaine.[/QUOTE]Dang. :whistle2:|

I'm sure it's because of the track count, whoever sets the price didn't want to give 14 tracks out for $15. It's not fair either, considering that once you subtract Wave of Mutilation, which is already on the disc, it's almost exactly as long as The Cars' album, and both of those are 15 minutes shorter than the Judas Priest album.

Still buying it day one though, that was my album back in high school.

[quote name='jkanownik']How is Paramore any different than Avril Lavigne?[/quote]
Because Hayley Williams doesn't bash her fanbase in anyway, unlike a certain Canadian singer who criticizes her own fanbase for copying "her style" (yes, because I'm certain it wasn't developed by record execs in ANYway). Plus Avril always makes it seem like she's biggest thing ever and acts like a total bitch and parties with Paris Hilton. That alone personally is my reason why I dislike her. It's one thing to be a diva, but to criticize her own fans right in the very beginning of her career shows an ungrateful attitude that I wish nothing but complete and utter failure for her.

...Plus her music sucks.

I'll think about it this album. There's only 2-3 tracks I'm really in love with on it.
I do like that the songs are super short though. I need a break sometimes during long setlists.

You're right I won't buy this album. I think 19 dollars is too much.

The price shouldn't be based on how many songs there are. The real album costs about 10 bucks on Amazon and a just about every other album as well. Albums aren't priced by how many songs there are, so why should Rock Band.

[quote name='Razzuel'] Albums aren't priced by how many songs there are, so why should Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Because the more songs there are the more work and money it takes for the company to get the rights to the songs, produce note and vocal charts, and (I'm assuming) host them on a server.

But I do agree $19 is a bit much. But as someone mentioned before that each song is $1.26 so if you are a fan of the Pixies then its a great deal by Rock Band standards. To DLC junkies its too much. The Cars album was 9 songs for $10 or $1.11 a song.

Plus as CAGs we look for cheap Microsoft Points so Doolittle might cost some people less than $5 thanks to Target.

No one has factored in that three of the songs are less than 2 minutes long.
Eight of them are less than 3 minutes long. (one being 2:05)

And the rest, three songs, are less than 4 minutes long.

*not counting wave of mutilation

Update:

[quote name='hmxsean']A few sites have reported DOolittle as next week's DLC - this is incorrect, Doolittle (which I personally can't wait for) was never scheduled for next week, something else was. We will be announcing that DLC later today.

Doolittle is scheduled to release the week after next (week of June 24th). More info forthcoming.[/quote]

Kind of glad to see this since I'm not that excited about the Pixies album. This means we should still have another announcement coming today for next week.

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']Jeez, I think $19 is too much. You can't do anything other then play these songs in Rock band. IGN seems to think the album is a winner except for the track "Silver",
which they say is a bore.[/quote]

TO clarify my feelings on why this is too much:

I would guess that HMX probably gets a better price if they license all the songs at once. So they could pass on the savings. In a sense they do, charging around a 1.30 a track. But even if they don't:

-Doolittle is a really short album. Yet the price is higher than all the others.
-You can't play it any where other than Rock Band.
-If you already own it, that means you will have spent 29 bucks (provided you payed 10 for the CD or download) on an album and a digital version of it that you can play.
-There is precedent for this. The last time HMX licensed a whole album but put only 1 song on the disc it was Boston. "Foreplay/longtime" was in the game. All the rest of the songs were released as a PACK. Here they are doing the same thing as "Wave of mutilation" is on the disc. Except we are getting all the other short songs as an "album" for the lovely price of 19 bucks.
-Albums are not priced based on tracks, so what is the justification for Doolittle being 19, if it is actually shorter in terms of minutes?

At the end of the day I do like HMX and the Pixies. I own doolittle. I will probably pass on the album download though.

Tracks:

“Afterlife” (Avenged Sevenfold)
“Critical Acclaim” (Avenged Sevenfold)
“Hammerhead” (The Offspring)
“Rock N Roll Dream” (Crooked X)

(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track for the Avenged Sevenfold songs and The Offspring song.

Crooked X’s “Rock N Roll Dream will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).

kinda wish they would of went with a better track off the new offspring album. Hammerhead isn't bad but there are better from Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

So that'll make it two weeks of nothing for me, then.

One bright spot seems to be that the Avenged Sevenfold song from the screenshotted commerical a few pages back is now coming out, so...maybe Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails stuff is coming soon?

[quote name='Greetard']It's only $1.37 a song. You think they're going to give you every album for the same price, regardless of the number of tracks? Keep dreaming.

And by dreaming, I mean needlessly bitching with a retarded and baseless argument.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Razzuel']
The price shouldn't be based on how many songs there are. The real album costs about 10 bucks on Amazon and a just about every other album as well. Albums aren't priced by how many songs there are, so why should Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, every CD holds the same amount of music. An Offspring CD (30 minutes) is the same price as a Dream Theater CD (75 minutes). Why should it be different for a DRM'd album that I can't do anything with outside of my console?

[quote name='Corvin']Exactly, every CD holds the same amount of music. An Offspring CD (30 minutes) is the same price as a Dream Theater CD (75 minutes). Why should it be different for a DRM'd album that I can't do anything with outside of my console?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but the other side of the argument is that the developers have to write a note list for 3x instruments for every song on the album.

Another week with no DLC for me.

Offspring. I have always said that these games have ignored the already popular offspring. And now we get this POS? How about old Offspring? I'm sure this is a promo hand job for the record label and this another pack on the way. Hammerhead maybe.

A7X no. I like Crooked X so maybe.

“Afterlife” (Avenged Sevenfold)
“Critical Acclaim” (Avenged Sevenfold)
“Hammerhead” (The Offspring)
“Rock N Roll Dream” (Crooked X)

(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track for the Avenged Sevenfold songs and The Offspring song.

Now that's WTF I'm talkin' about!:applause:

Sweet! I got my replacement drums after waiting 3 weeks and it's perfect. I got the EL version, but everything works great. The pads are also more "padded," significantly reducing the noise so I'm very satisfied.

I'm so damn happy about the Offspring being added to the bill! I did a double-take at work when I first read it, like "this can't be right! am I high?"

Good lord, I hope this opens the gates for a whole Offspring DLC pack. That would make me a very happy camper.

I was going to pick up some of those drum covers myself, but my EB ran out suddenly.

They looked nice enough, made of corrugated rubber. I'd only be concerned with the adhesive, but they look like they could take a beating.

Wow what the 'eff with this price for the Pixies album. I am a huge Pixies fan, they are probably my favorite band....but come on....$19? The album is very short....I dunno. I never got those $5 Target Cards so I'd have to pay full price on this.

On a side note, is there a way to get the microphone volume to get any higher? I have it set as max and the master track set low, but I can barely hear my voice when all instruments are firing off. And I'm pretty loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back