Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

OK, so apparently I'm an idiot and didn't have either Pearl Jam album either, so got those, Tom Petty, and CCR today... only to find out that while I can play on Live when tethered through my cell phone, for some reason downloads don't work! So now I need to wait until my "official" internet is installed in 2 weeks! Argh!

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
INXS - Need You Tonight
T.Rex - 20th Century Boy
Combat Baby — Metric
Dead End Friends — Them Crooked Vultures
Get Free — The Vines
Lasso — Phoenix
Me Enamora — Juanes
Oh My God — Ida Maria
Portions of Foxes — Rilo Kiley
The Hardest Button to Button — The White Stripes Been Caught Stealing — Jane’s Addiction

In the Meantime — Spacehog

Plush — Stone Temple Pilots

Walkin’ on the Sun — Smash Mouth
Crazy Train — Ozzy Osbourne

Here I Go Again — Whitesnake

I Love Rock and Roll — Joan Jett

Just Like Heaven — The Cure

Rainbow in the Dark — Dio

The Power of Love — Huey Lewis and the News

Sister Christian — Night Ranger
Bohemian Rhapsody — Queen

Break On Through — The Doors

Crosstown Traffic — Jimi Hendrix
Roundabout - Yes

So far so good

I went thru, and realized I already had one of the Blink 182 songs and one of the Slipknot songs, so it wasn't worth buying the packs just for the two remaining songs. I also have my three favorite songs out of Pearl Jam's Ten album, and the Foo Fighters album, so again, wasn't worth buying the albums for the rest of it. And I knew I already had the Disturbed and Metallica packs. But I did pick up the Boston pack, the Tom Petty live pack, and the Green Day pack. I also realized that I've missed a few releases that I may have to go back and get the next time I stock up on points. There are a total of three Seether tracks in the RBN store, for one thing. And Pearl Jam's State of Love And Trust is in the main store. Points can go so quickly when they put out good stuff and good sales. (As opposed to Nickleback and Miley Cirus!)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone know how to buy the Who pack that is on sale for $10 this week? I couldn't find it on the 360 Rock Band Music Store under Albums or Track Packs.[/QUOTE]

I actually just downloaded the RB music store app- always used the regular marketplace tabs before- and they have a metric ton of stuff that's omitted from the store app that you can download from the XBL marketplace. The RB store app is all fucked up.

I really wish I had money to spare, but I won't for several weeks. I barely own any RB DLC- maybe 15-20 songs, not including the free 20 song pack and all that. I would love to own both Pearl Jam albums and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but I just can't get them now, and I don't know if I can justify paying $20 for an album of songs on Rock Band in the future, even if all 3 albums in question are quite good. I mean, shit... I could get Lego Rock Band or The Beatles (don't have either) for about that price. Damn sales, happening when I'm broke, LOL.

attention, the rock band store app is not fully all working right. alot of content is missing and won't be showing up especially the on sale items. the solution? either buy the songs, albums or song packs directly from the 360 dashboard in the ad that is shown or put in rock band (or rb2) game disc and browse the music store the regular way. I prefer browsing through the rb2 game disc to get to the music store so I can preview the songs and all that too much easier and the songs are already discounted.

I was having the same problem, the Rock Band Store app was not showing me anything that was released prior to week 106, I think it was. I used the in-game store instead, which was working fine.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']From x360a.org:

Rock Band®: The Vines (MTV Games) - July 13 | 680 Microsoft Points

LINK[/QUOTE]Stoked for The Vines! Seems like a given that we'll get Outtathaway and Ride... curious to see what the other 3 songs end up being

[quote name='Logg']Vines LOL[/QUOTE]

This. A not-so-good band that hasn't been the slightest bit relevant in 5 years, if they ever were to begin with. People complained about Nickelback, but The Vines are worse.

At least Harmonix is allowing me to save money. It's been at least 6 weeks since I have d/l any tracks. RBN has been lacking as well (for me).

[quote name='2DMention']Where's my Ministry pack dammit![/QUOTE]

I'd rather see them release some of the Wax Trax stuff when RB3 comes out.

I know there's no chance in hell of that happening, but if we're getting New Order, why not?

So first we get Nickelback, next week we get the Vines.

Does this mean on July 20 we'll finally get The Shitty Beetles? ;)

[quote name='grundy']So first we get Nickelback, next week we get the Vines.

Does this mean on July 20 we'll finally get The Shitty Beetles? ;)[/QUOTE]

If they were renamed to The Dung Beetles, I would buy their music.

Here's the official announcement for next week's DLC from rockband.com:
What's up guys and gals? Here's what's coming at your Rock Band library next week!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 13):

Sweet Billy Pilgrim – “Future Perfect Tense” +
The Vines – “Get Out”
The Vines – “He’s a Rocker”
The Vines – “Orange Amber” +
The Vines – “Outtathaway” +
The Vines – “Ride”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 14)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Vines Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Songs marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.55 EU (680 Microsoft Points) for The Vines Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
The lack of "Get Free" (the only Vines song I could even name offhand) pretty much means it's in Rock Band 3.

I just saw Edgar Winter play Frankenstein last night. That song needs to be in RB3 just to show off the new keyboard peripheral.

[quote name='porieux']Sweet Billy Pilgrim is the band that was in last Friday's episode of The IT Crowd, for anyone who saw that.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads-up, didn't realize they were doing new episodes now!

HMXHenry tweeted something about doing interviews with Andrew W.K. from the Warped Tour. This doesn't NECESSARILY mean anything, but I will use it to strengthen my hope that we get Party Hard in RB3. :drool:

DLC Week of 7/20 - The Stooges 3 Pack and Bad Religion
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! There's some all star content for the punks, with a 3 pack from the legendary Iggy Pop fronted 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees The Stooges and 2 singles from Bad Religion, the unstoppable punk rock juggernaut that has continued to deliver the goods for 30 years. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 20):

Bad Religion – “New Dark Ages”
Bad Religion – “No Control” +
The Stooges – “1969” +
The Stooges – “I Wanna Be Your Dog” +
The Stooges – “No Fun” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 21)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Stooges Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Songs marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Stooges Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

If I'm creating art in RB2 and I want my band to have matching shirts, do I have to start the design from scratch with each person? Or is there some way to share a design between characters (I assumed this was the case but I can't figure out how to do it)?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am incredibly sad that 2112 is in the new GH and not RB.[/QUOTE]
Rush has already confirmed that they'll have some presence in RB3. So I still can't complain. Plus can't do keyboards without thinking Rush.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am incredibly sad that 2112 is in the new GH and not RB.[/QUOTE]
:cry:. I always wanted the last song of Rock Band to be some epic prog song. My vote is for Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (over 40 minutes long).

[quote name='YourFace']:cry:. I always wanted the last song of Rock Band to be some epic prog song. My vote is for Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (over 40 minutes long).[/QUOTE]

You have my attention, although I'd prefer Change of Seasons.

Anyone know if there will be a drum upgrade for Rock Band 3? So far the only bundle I've seen is for the game and mini-keyboard.

Also, is there any difference between the Rock Band 2 drums and the Beatles drums besides the cosmetic look?

Anyone know if there will be a drum upgrade for Rock Band 3? So far the only bundle I've seen is for the game and mini-keyboard. I assume there will probably be a full band bundle for people who haven't owned previous Rock Band games, but I won't complain if my current drums are still the standard.

Also, is there any difference between the Rock Band 2 drums and the Beatles drums besides the cosmetic look?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone know if there will be a drum upgrade for Rock Band 3? So far the only bundle I've seen is for the game and mini-keyboard. I assume there will probably be a full band bundle for people who haven't owned previous Rock Band games, but I won't complain if my current drums are still the standard.

Also, is there any difference between the Rock Band 2 drums and the Beatles drums besides the cosmetic look?[/QUOTE]
The padding is different from the RB2 drums I want to say where there's bit more bounce to it. Besides that, nothing else really.

Since no one has posted this yet, I went and found it for myself. This coming week's DLC:
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Nightmare
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Scream
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Seize the Day
And a six-pack from Latin artist Juanes:
  • Yerbatero
  • A Dios le Pido
  • Fíjate Bien
  • Gotas de Agua Dulce
  • Mala Gente
  • La Camisa Negra

So via SDCC...Rock Band 3 bands confirmed include.

-Def Leppard
-Avenged Sevenfold (Beast and the Harlot is my best bet)
-Tears for Fears
-B-52's
-Marilyn Manson

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Def Lep more than makes up for them losing 2112 to GH. Maybe it will pave the way for Hysteria getting added to the game.[/QUOTE]
First thing I thought of as well...

bread's done
Back