Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

• Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl” O X

• Rick Springfield – “I’ve Done Everything For You” X

• Rick Springfield – “Don’t Talk to Strangers” O

Pass. I'm starting to hate bad weeks since there isn't much time left.

I decided to buy the keyboard from amazon for about $30, as I figure these may go missing before long too. I didn't want to wait any more and get burned. I haven't opened it yet as I just haven't had time to play. Going to try it out this weekend. I had bought RB3 GoD when it was on sale recently. I could have gotten the game+keyboard bundle for slightly less money as it turns out, but at least I won't have to pop in a disc to play.

[quote name='KaneRobot']• Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl” O X

• Rick Springfield – “I’ve Done Everything For You” X

• Rick Springfield – “Don’t Talk to Strangers” O

Pass. I'm starting to hate bad weeks since there isn't much time left.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shieryda']So dehyrated from pooping every week now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lordopus99']:([/QUOTE]

Come on now, everyone is treating Rick Springfield worse than the Cylons did in "Battlestar Galactica" ;)

I'm at least going to get "I've Done Everything For You"

One of the most bizarre Rock Band Network releases I've seen - " Great Balls of Fire" is now available. Not the shitty Misfits version or some other random cover. The Jerry Lee Lewis original.

The hell?

[quote name='KaneRobot']One of the most bizarre Rock Band Network releases I've seen - " Great Balls of Fire" is now available. Not the shitty Misfits version or some other random cover. The Jerry Lee Lewis original.

The hell?[/QUOTE]

That's CrAzY

[quote name='KaneRobot']One of the most bizarre Rock Band Network releases I've seen - " Great Balls of Fire" is now available. Not the shitty Misfits version or some other random cover. The Jerry Lee Lewis original.

The hell?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that the other day. That's fantastic. Harmonix really needs to venture down this road more. I can't imagine oldies would be as expensive to license as modern stuff (well, certain bands anyway)...and it makes great use of the keyboard.

It's a Blitz week...

• Kelly Clarkson – “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” O
• Living Colour – “Cult of Personality” X
• Quiet Riot – “Bang Your Head (Metal Health)”
• Soundgarden – “Spoonman” X

Yeah, seriously. At this point in the game/genre's lifespan, you're going to complain about getting real Aerosmith for the first time? I'd say this is a pretty big week and a win for Harmonix. Gives me hope that we might see more Beach Boys or the freaking Eagles or some other band that has been grossly underrepresented.

[quote name='eastx']I'm still annoyed we never got a Weird Al song. ;)[/QUOTE]

There were plans...for RBN, actually. CNR and Nature Trail To Hell were supposedly coming, then nothing. Assuming it was due to the game's popularity dying off, but who knows.

Sucks. NTTH would have been fucking incredible.

And dang, I'm not much for Aerosmith but this is a very solid week compared to how it has been lately. Big name group, not seen since a cover in RB1, and a 6 pack that includes a few songs you actually want from them rather than 3? No complaints. Will update OP when I'm not on my tablet.

This is really cool. I wonder if they've been sitting on a pile of songs that were licensed a long time ago, but held back due to other deals that were in place at the time. Maybe that happened and they wanted to release those songs as a nice surprise way down the line, instead of interrupting the DLC schedule and releasing them as soon as the conflicting deals expired. I'll be a happy camper if we get some Van Halen in the next few weeks, or something like that QOTSA pack that Guitar Hero got or MuteMath's "Chaos" (RockSmith disc).

[quote name='BustaUppa']This is really cool. I wonder if they've been sitting on a pile of songs that were licensed a long time ago, but held back due to other deals that were in place at the time.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't get my hopes up for that. I'm sure there are a few ok things left before they get off the weekly schedule, but it's not like they have been saving some golden stash of DLC that we've all dreamed of for years. If we get one decent week a month from here on out, I'll be...mildly satisfied.

Valentine's Day theme next week:

Extreme – More Than Words (X)
Nazareth – Love Hurts
Peter Cetera – Glory of Love
REO Speedwagon – Keep On Loving You
Soft Cell – Tainted Love

Screw it, may be in for Glory in hopes that we eventually get "You're the Best" and "Cruel Summer" so I can have a proper Karate Kid set list.

WOW! I'm in for that whole pack. I can't believe we're finally getting more REO Speedwagon...and Extreme for the first time. I also echo KaneRobot's sentiments about a Karate Kid set list, haha. That would be fantastic! Gotta say, between Aerosmith and this Valentine's pack, it almost feels like Harmonix is making a push again.

Ah, it's been a good run.

Maybe (probably) optimistic of me, but there are "currently" no planned DLC beyond April 2nd. That leaves them open for non-weekly (monthly? Occasionaly?) DLC releases?

Praying very hard that one of the unannounced "projects" is a true sequel to frequency/amplitude/rock band unplugged. Played unplugged for most of a 4 hour flight yesterday and forgot how awesome (and crazy hard!) it is. Blitz was a tease and disappointment to me.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Ah, it's been a good run.

Maybe (probably) optimistic of me, but there are "currently" no planned DLC beyond April 2nd. That leaves them open for non-weekly (monthly? Occasionaly?) DLC releases?
[/QUOTE]
I read that as "if our other IPs fail, we will be coming back". Til that point, all you can hope for is RBN.

RIP, Rock Band. It was a good run, yes, but I'm disappointed that we never got a RB4 as a more polished update of RB3, complete with bringing back an actual world tour/story mode. Anyone think music/rhythm games will make a comeback in the next console generation? Anyone? No? ...yeah, me neither.

Next week's DLC.

• The Flys – “Got You (Where I Want You) *
  • Queensrÿche – Silent Lucidity
  • Staind – It’s Been Awhile
  • Staind – So Far Away

[quote name='Brainwave0']Out of all the Queensryche they could have used that's what they chose?[/QUOTE]

I, for one, am just ecstatic that they've even been included. I've been waiting for years for anything by this band. "Eyes of a Stranger" would have blown my cranium off.

I like Staind, but not the melodic stuff.

I really hope that we can transfer all the DLC to a new console if there is ever RB4 or something otherwise I'm going to have to keep the 360 FOREVER.

[quote name='Javery']I really hope that we can transfer all the DLC to a new console if there is ever RB4 or something otherwise I'm going to have to keep the 360 FOREVER.[/QUOTE]

I've posted this exact concern on the Xbox forums. Response: crickets. I get the feeling that publishers are going to be sticking it to the consumer by making your DLC content only valid for the current generation. This way they can sell it to you AGAIN as 'new and improved'. While this is not the right thread to start a firestorm, I get the feeling that the upcoming generation of consoles is going to be quite consumer un-friendly.

[quote name='jazzchamp']I get the feeling that the upcoming generation of consoles is going to be quite consumer un-friendly.[/QUOTE]

And if so they're going to have a helluva time trying to convince consumers to purchase digital content on those new platforms. I'll be done with XBLA and just stick with game specific DLC/map packs.

And back on track... fuck yeah for Queensryche! Pretty mellow tune though.

[quote name='jazzchamp']I've posted this exact concern on the Xbox forums. Response: crickets. I get the feeling that publishers are going to be sticking it to the consumer by making your DLC content only valid for the current generation. This way they can sell it to you AGAIN as 'new and improved'. While this is not the right thread to start a firestorm, I get the feeling that the upcoming generation of consoles is going to be quite consumer un-friendly.[/QUOTE]
I'm still trying to figure out the point or reasoning of asking anything on the XBox forums. By now it's official that any big game company's response will be "we don't respond to rumors or speculation", but bringing it up to the XBox forums is...well, what were you hoping to get? They're basically playing the role of low level customer service on their forums and there's no way they'd know anything about the console.

[quote name='bardockkun']...but bringing it up to the XBox forums is...well, what were you hoping to get?[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to generate some kind of conversation that there are MS customers that were concerned about this issue. The key point of my post is that there was no response.

Whoa. I missed this week's RBN releases:

Country
  • Blackberry River Band - “Santa Fe (RB3 version)” (80 MSP)
J-Rock
  • Esprit D’Air - “Shizuku” (80 MSP)
Metal
  • Cynic - Integral Birth (160 MSP)
  • Cynic - Integral Birth (2x Bass Pedal) (160 MSP)
  • Cynic - “King of Those Who Know” (160 MSP)
  • Edenshade - “Need” (80 MSP)
  • Halcyon Way - “Revolution is Now” (80 MSP)
  • Halcyon Way - “Revolution is Now (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
  • Throw the Fight - “You Can’t Swim With Concrete Shoes” (160 MSP)
Prog
  • Van Friscia - “The Duel” (80 MSP)
  • Van Friscia - “The Duel (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
Punk
  • Adora - “Skeleton” (160 MSP)
  • Left Spine Down - “Overdriven” (80 MSP)
  • Terror - “Return to Strength” (160 MSP)
R&B/Soul/Funk
  • Azania - “Show Me a Sign” (80 MSP)
  • Chad Smith’s Bombastic Meatbats - “Passing the Ace” (80 MSP)
Rock
  • Okills - “¿De qué Sirve?” (80 MSP)
I will most likely get the Cynic tracks.

[quote name='KaneRobot']• Oingo Boingo – “Weird Science” O X
• Toto – “Rosanna” O

...yeah. The end is near.[/QUOTE]

Well, they're trying to "meet you all the way" ;)

I'm all over "Weird Science," but I would have preferred "Africa" or "Hold the Line"

bread's done
Back