Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

So, my RB2 Strat has been losing sensitivity, and lately it's been sort of unusable. I just fixed it with this mod, and it's great. The buttons are now very sensitive, and I love my guitar again. It's very easy, and I highly recommend it.

i got the foo fighters album and the mudvayne album .... now going for something in the alternative section like kings of leon or something like that!

[quote name='FantasyChronos']i got the foo fighters album and the mudvayne album .... now going for something in the alternative section like kings of leon or something like that![/QUOTE]

mudvayne? heh?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You know what I would like to see? The songs from the 1st indy track in Guitar Hero II pack make it to Rock band. Ex's and Oh's by Atreyu and Detonation by Trivium, there was another song in there but I can't think of it off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Bury The Hatchet by Protest The Hero. I'd also like to see some of the 360-exclusive GH2 songs make their way to Rock Band; there's already The Trooper and Billion Dollar Babies, but they were all pretty good.

The well seems to be running dry lately. A lot of quickly repeating bands, releasing stuff from track packs...some good content here and there but there hasn't been anything exciting in a long time.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The well seems to be running dry lately. A lot of quickly repeating bands, releasing stuff from track packs...some good content here and there but there hasn't been anything exciting in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Seriously.

What the fuck is up, Harmonix? You better have something awesome planned.

it looks to me like all the buzz around music games, and the cool DLC every week is now gone.

It's been ho-hum for the last 6 months.

[quote name='Trakan']Seriously.

What the fuck is up, Harmonix? You better have something awesome planned.[/QUOTE]

I second that. And by "awesome" we don't mean "Rock Band - Green Day!"....well I don't anyway

[quote name='grundy']I second that. And by "awesome" we don't mean "Rock Band - Green Day!"....well I don't anyway[/QUOTE]
To be fair, they're only co-developing that one.

Is it just me or is this game lacking in hard rock? I've been listening to some Fuel lately and DAMN they need to be in Rock Band!!!!!!

[quote name='Cheapass24']where the **** is the pantera content that was promised by the end of LAST year?[/QUOTE]

How about those songs that were thought to be the free songs you DL by getting RB2 new? I believe, "No One Knows" was on the list.

[quote name='Cheapass24']where the **** is the pantera content that was promised by the end of LAST year?[/QUOTE]

No kidding, how long are they going to deprive us from singing Suicide Note Pt. 2 and The Great Southern Trendkill?

I've got a quick question. Say I buy any track pack discs or lego rock band games used, can I use microsoft points to transfer the content to my hard drive, or can you only transfer the songs via a code you get from buying the game new? I was pretty confused by that, and couldn't really find a definitive answer anywhere.

The expansion packs come with a one-time use code. They are the same as buying a point card or LIVE card. You put the code in and it downloads the content.

If you want the code, you will more than likely be SOL buying used.

==========

^^ Harmonix also mentioned a partnership with SnoopDogg to bring content to Rock Band over a year ago. So Pantera isn't the only one missing that's been announced.

It's both. You get a one time use code with Lego RB and you have to pay 800pts. The track packs you can only export using the code included once (no ms points needed)

[quote name='Corvin']
^^ Harmonix also mentioned a partnership with SnoopDogg to bring content to Rock Band over a year ago. So Pantera isn't the only one missing that's been announced.[/QUOTE]
My honest opinion of that still is Snoop got too high and forgot about it entirely.

There's supposed to be a new The Who pack next week to tie in to their Super Bowl appearance. I wonder what that'll have. The Seeker? I could really go for Bargain too.

[quote name='Mojimbo']There's supposed to be a new The Who pack next week to tie in to their Super Bowl appearance. I wonder what that'll have. The Seeker? I could really go for Bargain too.[/QUOTE]

Oooh... despite being a cover, that was one of my 3 favorites in GHIII. Instant purchase.

[quote name='Mojimbo']There's supposed to be a new The Who pack next week to tie in to their Super Bowl appearance. I wonder what that'll have. The Seeker? I could really go for Bargain too.[/QUOTE]

As long as they're not LIVE tracks, I'm in

How about "You Better You Bet?"

The Kids Are Alright, I hope.

It's okay, guys. Harmonix just asked for permission to license these songs:

“Ante Up” by M.O.P.(Grinnage/Murry/Pittman) administered on behalf of Blind Man’s Bluff Music (ASCAP)
“Evacuate the Dancefloor” by Cascada (Eshuijs/Reuter/Peifer/Reuter) Sub-published on behalf of Talpa Music (ASCAP)
“Say Aah” by Trey Songz(Ferebee/Neverson/Scales/Walker) Published on behalf of Skelatune Muzik (BMI)/ Tenyor Music (BMI)
”The Way I Are” by Timbaland feat D.O.E. (Hills/Hilson/Maultsby/Mosley/Bale’Wa/Mosley /Muhammad /Nelson) administered on behalf of Jerry Lee (ASCAP)

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/royalty-network-revealing-new-harmonix-project-1685

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's okay, guys. Harmonix just asked for permission to license these songs:

“Ante Up” by M.O.P.(Grinnage/Murry/Pittman) administered on behalf of Blind Man’s Bluff Music (ASCAP)
“Evacuate the Dancefloor” by Cascada (Eshuijs/Reuter/Peifer/Reuter) Sub-published on behalf of Talpa Music (ASCAP)
“Say Aah” by Trey Songz(Ferebee/Neverson/Scales/Walker) Published on behalf of Skelatune Muzik (BMI)/ Tenyor Music (BMI)
”The Way I Are” by Timbaland feat D.O.E. (Hills/Hilson/Maultsby/Mosley/Bale’Wa/Mosley /Muhammad /Nelson) administered on behalf of Jerry Lee (ASCAP)

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/royalty-network-revealing-new-harmonix-project-1685[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

I remember Ante Up. Hype beat.

But what in the hell is Harmonix up to? These songs clearly don't fit Rock Band...or do they?

Got my wooden Strat Rock Band guitar yesterday. Man, easily the best fake instrument I've ever owned. Only complaint/compliment is it is as heavy as a real one.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's okay, guys. Harmonix just asked for permission to license these songs:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/royalty-network-revealing-new-harmonix-project-1685[/QUOTE]
A Timbaland song in Rock Band? HOLY SHIT. I will now be fervently hoping that "Time" and "Scream" also make it in. fucking love those songs.

[quote name='rapsodist']:whistle2:s

I remember Ante Up. Hype beat.

But what in the hell is Harmonix up to? These songs clearly don't fit Rock Band...or do they?[/QUOTE]

Could it be their answer to DJ Hero...

[quote name='bardockkun']Got my wooden Strat Rock Band guitar yesterday. Man, easily the best fake instrument I've ever owned. Only complaint/compliment is it is as heavy as a real one.[/QUOTE]

I paid next day air(w/Prime ~$4) to get it last Friday. I couldn't agree more. Best fake instrument ever. I don't mind the weight, but I can no longer play from the recliner though because of it's heft. Even though the guitar does nothing new, Rock Band feels like a new game again. There's just something about it.

Yeah, it's a weird awesome feeling. That and the fret buttons feel like you're barely touching them when playing. I Think more then anything it improves all the minor problems I had with the default RB2 guitar and just moved onto this.

This should make some people very happy:[quote name='Rock Band "Zine" Newsletter']

Hey Gang!
It’s been almost four months since we released a full album as Rock Band DLC, and what better way to mark the return to albums than with the highly requested Rust In Peace from metal legends Megadeth! Rust In Peace joins Peace Sells... But Who’s Buying in the RB library, making Megadeth one of only two bands with more than one full album available for download. It's the perfect way to get ready to see Megadeth on their March tour across the US to celebrate the album's 20th anniversary!

Here’s what Megadeth’s front man Dave Mustaine had to say about this epic release: "This record is one of my favorites from my catalogue, and you will see the twists and turns that make Rust In Peace the quintessential Thrashterpiece that it is!" So shredders delight! Drummers, start stretching those calves! Wailers, clear your throats! Here are the tracks that will be tormenting you next week:

* "Holy Wars… The Punishment Due"
* "Hangar 18"
* "Take No Prisoners"
* "Five Magics"
* "Poison Was the Cure"
* "Lucretia"
* "Tornado of Souls"
* "Dawn Patrol"
* "Rust In Peace... Polaris"

And if Tuesday still seems like too long to wait for new DLC, be sure to keep your eyes on the Rock Band Store this weekend. With The Who performing at a rather notable sporting event this Sunday, you may see some unique DLC pop up to commemorate this historic event! That’s two DLC updates in the course of 3 days! Keep posted to RockBand.com and the Rock Band Store for more details![/quote]

HELL YEAH! My favorite Megadeth album. I guess that answers my "nothing exciting lately" complaint from a page or so ago. Just please please PLEASE be the original and not the remaster from a few years ago...not a dealbreaker either way but I hated how the remaster sounded.

Can't wait to do the mouse squeaking noise on Dawn Patrol.

Cool to get bonus DLC this week as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the rockband website:

“The Who Super Bowl S-mashup”
Price: $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

That should be a 12-minute medley for that price. I'm not a huge fan, but I might have to bite at that price.

Isn't it eerie how Harmonix seems to almost ALWAYS deliver on what people are complaining about? I'd assume the opinions were fairly widespread, but to literally satisfy the wishes of a few CAGs mere days after voicing those complaints is uncanny (I know it's happened more than once too).

People were JUST talking about not having any full albums for quite some time, and the fact that the DLC was starting to get stale, and what does Harmonix do? BAM! Megadeth full album! Even with all the shit talking people have been doing about Green Day: Rock Band, you gotta admit, Harmonix is always on top of their game. They really rarely disappoint.

I'm happy to see the album, but I'm much more interested in updates to the platform itself.

RB2 came out in September of 2008!

bread's done
Back