Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='shieryda']Another Goozex game for me. Still waiting for Van Halen to drop to about 500 or less, too.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're in luck. it's already 59.99 so way below the 500$ price you want.

I'll have to see what type of deals are around when Green Day comes out. I agree it might be a Goozex or a YF360G pickup for me though. I'm not really a big fan of the band, but I am in the mood for a new music game, and this looks like the next one to come out.

There were a lot of good ideas posted about new features for RB3. I agree with improved stats (heck, any stats would be an upgrade over RB2) and youtube support would be pretty cool, although I can't imagine that will happen, especially on the 360. I think support for non standard bands is a must. The ability to play over live with guests on your console is needed. Would like the ability to advance your own world tour career even if you are playing in other people's bands over live. I liked the song challenges in GH5 and would like to see something like that. What else? Harmonies, avatar awards, the addition of achievements beyond the base 1000, export of RB2 songs, support for all DLC, ability to export Beatles songs. Yea, that is about it. Thanks in advance Harmonix! :lol:

Wow Green Day RB is coming out sooner than I expected, but with RB3 for Fall/Holiday '10 I guess they have to.

EDIT: Here's a bit more info:

That's right, folks -- Harmonix has just revealed that Green Day: Rock Band will be available for all come June 8 on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. Up to 6 players (3 mics; 3 instruments) will progress through the career of the trio, unlocking collectible images (more than 100, apparently) and some 40 minutes of "rare and unreleased" footage from interviews, outtakes and performances along the way.

As alluded to above, GD:RB will also sport the same vocal harmonizing feature that made The Beatles: Rock Band such a delight for mic hogs and comes loaded with 47 Green Day tracks, including "Brain Stew," "Jaded," "Hitchin' a Ride," "American Idiot," "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams."

Oh, and if you're looking to export these tunes, worry not: all 47 tracks are fully exportable to a console hard drive and playable in Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and the recently announced Rock Band 3. The export fee is $9.99 via Xbox Live or PSN. The export features is not available for the Wii system. Additionally, if you've picked up the six Green Day tunes already available as DLC, you can play them in the new game with added harmonies, "unique" visuals and more "exclusive archival material."

Green Day: Rock Band will be available as a standalone game for Xbox 360 and PS3 for $59.99, while Wii owners will get a bit of a price break at $49.99. A special edition Green Day: Rock Band Plus will also come to Xbox 360 and PS3 for $69.99 and includes fancy packaging, an "export" feature (we assume, a voucher to export the disc tracks to the hard drive) and the six previously released Green Day DLC tracks.

Update: The GameStop pre-order bonus for the standalone game is an export voucher (for Xbox 360 or PS3). Essentially, pre-order GD:RB from GameStop, and you can export all 47 tracks to your console hard drive for free.
http://xbox.joystiq.com/

EDIT2: Cover art according to Amazon:

510tCc03HtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
blech, I've been waiting for The Dandy Warhols to get into Rock Band, but it looks like EMI is releasing their song at $3 on RBN. I am conflicted because I'd hate to do anything that encourages this price point. I'm half-considering a "buy-cott" where I hold off on any $3 songs I am interested in, and buy three $1 songs instead.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So you are telling me we are getting the band back together? Big Trak I think we need your answer.[/QUOTE]The only reason he'd buy the tracks and play them with me/us is to hear me make an ass of myself trying to sing her songs.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow Green Day RB is coming out sooner than I expected, but with RB3 for Fall/Holiday '10 I guess they have to.

[/QUOTE]

3 mics... why? Only Billy Joe really sings. Mike only does backup to chorus. Tre doesn't even sing. To me that just seems forced in.

I do like seeing that they mentioned that the Green Day tracks will export to RB3 so it looks like a good sign that the older stuff will transfer too. :D

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']The only reason he'd buy the tracks and play them with me/us is to hear me make an ass of myself trying to sing her songs.[/QUOTE]

Are you only down to play these songs? I know trak is probably going to get Cartman's version, but it would be nice to put shit back together. I know I am rusty as fuck, but it would be nice to see if the magic still remains.

[quote name='BustaUppa']blech, I've been waiting for The Dandy Warhols to get into Rock Band, but it looks like EMI is releasing their song at $3 on RBN. I am conflicted because I'd hate to do anything that encourages this price point. I'm half-considering a "buy-cott" where I hold off on any $3 songs I am interested in, and buy three $1 songs instead.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't realized that artists/labels could charge what they wanted on the RBN above the standard 160MSP. That is...not good.

I would never buy a 3 dollar song. Testament could release their entire back catalog on there and I still wouldn't. I won't support that nonsense.

I did buy my first RBN song today (World Minus One - Still Alive), mainly because of the 80 point price. If I'm on the fence about something there is a much, much larger chance I'll buy it if it's a dollar.

Looks like the in-game music RBN store is slower to update, but in case anyone wasn't aware you can buy songs through the xbox.com marketplace before they're up in the game. In the OP check the list of all songs I put near the top of the post, and sort by date. If something isn't in the in-game store yet, you can click-through on that list and buy it on the xbox.com marketplace.

[quote name='GamerChris']Hey, you're in luck. it's already 59.99 so way below the 500$ price you want.[/QUOTE]Goozex works off a point system. I think most $60 games are 1000 points or something like that, so he meant 500 Goozex points.

I'm going to hold off awhile for RB:GD to drop in price before I pick it up. I also think I'll do the same with RB3. Unless they show something amazing at E3 that makes me want it. I can hold off RB3 and live off DLC and RBN tracks.

The only way I'll support a $3 song is if it is along the lines of Dream Theater's epics. I figure 10+ minutes justifies the price. After all that's almost equivalent to 3 songs that go for $2 each (not taking into account their 13-24 minute long tracks where the value would be even greater.)

Seriously if the freaking Beatles songs were 160 pts there's no reason for anything else to be more than that. Come on, EMI. :whistle2:( These supposed $3 songs aren't actually in the store yet, so perhaps there's still hope!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow Green Day RB is coming out sooner than I expected, but with RB3 for Fall/Holiday '10 I guess they have to.

EDIT2: Cover art according to Amazon:

510tCc03HtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The artwork is not that great. I also didn't expect this to be a full priced game. I might consider preordering this for the free export, or just wait til the plus edition drops in price.

[quote name='porieux']Just think how cheap it will be on BF.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I'm skipping this. Well that and I'm kinda strapped for cash, AND there's only like five Green Day songs I like.

[quote name='bardockkun']Fly to the Angels by Slaugher is in Rock Band Network beta testing.[/QUOTE]

you've gotta be kidding.
That would be great if the Hair band rockers started putting up a bunch of songs on RBN.

[quote name='mr ryles']wtf with lady gaga? And a south park version of lady gaga? Is this a JOKE?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know what, it kinda is.

[quote name='bardockkun']Fly to the Angels by Slaughter is in Rock Band Network beta testing.[/QUOTE]

So effing awesome.:bouncy: Keep it coming, RBN.

[quote name='porieux']Just think how cheap it will be on BF.[/QUOTE]

True. I'm most likely going to wait it out since I'll probably be preoccupied with SSFIV, and plus I'm still working on clearing my backlog as it is.

Besides, all my pennies are going to the Lady Gaga/Cartman DLC.

[quote name='mr ryles']wtf with lady gaga? And a south park version of lady gaga? Is this a JOKE?![/QUOTE]

Somebody obviously didn't see that episode of Southpark. :lol: Considering we already had Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld, it was only a matter of time before we got this one.

I just deleted "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld" after getting it in a random setlist last week in RB2 and being reminded of how annoying it is.

Can anyone tell me what the code on the back of the Rock Band Beatles manual is for? I was going through my EA games earlier looking for registration codes, and I saw a different kind of code on the top of the manual, but nothing really explaining what it was for.

Also, I just found out that the game comes with t-shirts for your avatars. I've had it for at least 4 months, haha

I just had a thought about what I would want for RB3. I would like to be able to demo the weekly DLC like in the RBN. I would love to be able to try out the weekly DLC to see if I like it instead of looking up youtube videos.

I also wonder knowing that harmonies are most likely going to be in RB3, are they going to go back to "fix" vocal tracks on past releases or exports to be able to take advantage of it. I know all signs point to know on that one, but I would like the demo funtion on all DLC and not just the RBN tracks.

Another random song on RBN? Splosion Man end theme song is on there now for beta testing as well. It's a horns on drums. Plus with lyrics like
Hey boys y'all ready to 'splode?

Guess what I got in my Pocket?
I got a pocketfull of 'splosions Yeah!

I got some meat to cook

Meat!

'Splody splode
Rock and roll
Hot and speeding fast
Hit a streak
Don't miss a beat
Evil scientists
Turn 'em into meat
How's that possible?
How's that feasible?

Mmm 'cause he's 'Splosion Man
Oh doin' what he can
To come and save your day
Oh suckin' anyway
Yeah 'cause he's 'Splosion Man
Aww 'Splosion Man
Uh huh
'Splosion Man
Wow!

Huggy hug
Grab and tug
On their knees they pray
Run and jump
Ribs and #rump
Smile and 'splode
Send them on their way
How's that reas'nable?
How's that acceptable?

Aww 'cause he's 'Splosion 'Splosion
'Splosion 'splode
Yeah!
That's right he's 'Splosion Man
He's got a red hot tan
'Sploding through the air
There's danger ev'rywhere
He's 'Splosion Man
Uh huh
'Splosion Man
Yeah!

Oh baby 'Splosion Man
Come on 'splode with 'Splosion Man
I think I'm sold when released.

I'm fuckin' disgusted by this, are you fuckin' kidding me, LADY fuckIN' GAGA!!!!
So now we still have NO Clutch, NO Pantera, and we'll essentially have more Lady Gaga shit available than Dream Theater or Crack Sabbath (that's what I call the bootleg Black Sabbath recordings in this game). There's so much great music that would lend itself to this platform and they fuckin' resorted to Lady fuckin' Gaga...

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I'm fuckin' disgusted by this, are you fuckin' kidding me, LADY fuckIN' GAGA!!!!
So now we still have NO Clutch, NO Pantera, and we'll essentially have more Lady Gaga shit available than Dream Theater or Crack Sabbath (that's what I call the bootleg Black Sabbath recordings in this game). There's so much great music that would lend itself to this platform and they fuckin' resorted to Lady fuckin' Gaga...[/QUOTE]

Two posts above you mentioned Clutch showing up on RBN (song is "The Mob Goes Wild"). Personally, I am not a fan of any of the four bands you listed so unlike you I am glad to see different choices. Yes, you may not enjoy Lady Gaga but others will (I plan on getting a song or two); that is why they decided to put them up. Like you I also have waited for bands that haven't shown up and (have the fear) will never show up i.e. 311 and the Fall of Troy. At least 3 of the 4 you listed have songs on Rock Band.

Anyone have any idea how far along the Day to Remember song (I Am Made of Wax, Larry...) is on RBN testing?

[quote name='KaneRobot']In the "Bands You Actually May Have Heard Of" RB Network category, there's a Clutch song available.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='goatindaruffness']So now we still have NO Clutch[/QUOTE]

Guh?

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I'm fuckin' disgusted by this, are you fuckin' kidding me, LADY fuckIN' GAGA!!!!
So now we still have NO Clutch, NO Pantera, and we'll essentially have more Lady Gaga shit available than Dream Theater or Crack Sabbath (that's what I call the bootleg Black Sabbath recordings in this game). There's so much great music that would lend itself to this platform and they fuckin' resorted to Lady fuckin' Gaga...[/QUOTE]It's a two way street. You need willing bands/record labels to hand over usable masters, legal/licensing issues to be worked out, etc. Harmonix can't just say "let there be Pantera" and make it happen. And with RBN, any band that really wants to be in the game now can make it happen.

re: Clutch - for those who don't know, it's that song that starts out with "PLEASE ALLOW ME TO ADJUST MY PANTS, SO THAT I MAY DANCE THE GOOD TIME DANCE, AND PUT THE ONLOOKERS AND INNOCENT BYSTANDERS INTO A TRANCE." I'll admit I had to look it up on YouTube, but as soon as I heard it I was like "ohhhhhh THAT song!"

True, but Harmonix probably shouldn't have mentioned Pantera in the first place if it was not a for-sure, or going to take this long to get the stuff out. This is basically Nevermind all over again (and even when they finally did get that out, it was missing the three most well-known songs).

Something about RBN worth noting... apparently it's a bad idea to "ninja-purchase" songs that have yet to appear in the in-game store (by searching the Xbox marketplace site):[quote name='Matthew Nordhaus (RBN Director)']

Tell them to wait until the song is announced and in the in-game store, and then they won't ever purchase content that's not final

Yes, as soon as a song is approved through the XNA pipeline, the urls are live. We have no control whatsoever over that process.

So buying things that way (and note that you have to actively search for the links via google, you can't use rockband.com, or the ingame store, or even xbox.com) may get you in trouble.[/quote]This was posted after some discussion of the EMI tracks - apparently the Dandy Warhols song was pulled for some sort of retooling (hopefully re-pricing too), even though some people had already purchased it via the aforementioned search method.

So now we still have NO Clutch, NO Pantera, and we'll essentially have more Lady Gaga shit available than Dream Theater or Crack Sabbath (that's what I call the bootleg Black Sabbath recordings in this game). There's so much great music that would lend itself to this platform and they fuckin' resorted to Lady fuckin' Gaga...[/QUOTE]

As much as I'm a whore for anything Dream Theater, I'm not going to frown upon those that enjoy a little pop music. Gaga's not for me, but from the sounds of it there are a lot of people that enjoy it, so more power to them. Enjoy Gaga day, as I look forward to the next DT announcement(or Queensryche, please!).

Hm. Just saw two songs listed as free in the in-game RBN store (Zack Wilson - Moonshine Hollar & Analogue Revolution - What A Trip), when I tried to DL them it just kicked me back to the main menu and said I'd lost my connection to XBL. Trying to DL them through xbox.com leads me to a content not found page. So much for discovering free stuff.

Trying to get back into RBN has locked up my console twice now, as well.

[quote name='Corvin']I look forward to the next DT announcement(or Queensryche, please!).[/QUOTE]

Those would be great, we can also add Fates Warning to that list IMO.

[quote name='Corvin']As much as I'm a whore for anything Dream Theater, I'm not going to frown upon those that enjoy a little pop music. Gaga's not for me, but from the sounds of it there are a lot of people that enjoy it, so more power to them. Enjoy Gaga day, as I look forward to the next DT announcement(or Queensryche, please!).[/QUOTE]

Leave that shit to Band Hero, if Harmonix wants to put out Lady Gaga shit, do something along those lines. Otherwise it's disgusting, also isn't the RBN thing 360 only? I have PS3, if it's on PS3 let me know, but I thought it was only 360.
-Goatman

bread's done
Back