Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='porieux']Those would be great, we can also add Fates Warning to that list IMO.[/QUOTE]

Since Parallels is getting re-released in a special edition package(actually I believe today is the release date), this seems like a good opportunity for them to put up the full album for download.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']Hm. Just saw two songs listed as free in the in-game RBN store (Zack Wilson - Moonshine Hollar & Analogue Revolution - What A Trip), when I tried to DL them it just kicked me back to the main menu and said I'd lost my connection to XBL. Trying to DL them through xbox.com leads me to a content not found page. So much for discovering free stuff.

Trying to get back into RBN has locked up my console twice now, as well.[/QUOTE]
Did the same to me. I tried to get back into it three or four times yesterday and kept having trouble with it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']^^^ Weird, didn't know you could do that.

Another Clutch song is up on the RBN list, for those interested (50,000 Unstoppable Watts).[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I'm lovin' it!!!

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Leave that shit to Band Hero, if Harmonix wants to put out Lady Gaga shit, do something along those lines. Otherwise it's disgusting, also isn't the RBN thing 360 only? I have PS3, if it's on PS3 let me know, but I thought it was only 360.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

RBN is currently only on xbox 360 but this is also the Xbox 360 discussion area. I am shocked that the Gaga tracks werent added also for Lego Rock Band (Harmonix's Band Hero).

I ended up getting four songs today... A Day to Remember, Semi Charmed Life, Bad Romance, and South Park Poker Face... I think this is the most I have downloaded in one day.

I can't stand metal..... half the metal songs in Rockband make me fail...... Those solo generally go on borderline insane.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Barrrgh only metal counts as music barrrrgh no one else likes anything else barrrrgh!!!![/QUOTE]
Barrrgh Lady Gaga is awesome barrrrgh we need more pop music barrrrgh we have enough metal barrrgh!!!!

This fun, huh?

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Leave that shit to Band Hero, if Harmonix wants to put out Lady Gaga shit, do something along those lines. Otherwise it's disgusting, also isn't the RBN thing 360 only? I have PS3, if it's on PS3 let me know, but I thought it was only 360.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

If you'd rather buy different $60 games, more power to you, but I'd prefer a single platform (Rock Band) where I can use the magic of the internet to get the content I want piecemeal. I can download a gaga song if there are people over who like gaga, or I can download a pantera song once they are available, and I don't have to pick up a $60 buck disc that needs swapping to get to a single pantera track, play it for a couple minutes, and then swap it back out to get to something else. I didn't bother to pick up the beatles:rb yet because of the lack of an import or export (maybe if everything imports into rb3, though I heard they weren't doing that).

If the Hero series is providing you with the store system you seek, perhaps you should go pick up Guitar Hero? Gh1 had a pantera track if I remember correctly.

The much simpler argument is that it's silly to get pissed off over optional DLC for a year-and-a-half-old game.

They owe us nothing beyond a disc that works out of the box, yet we get so much more!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Barrrgh Lady Gaga is awesome barrrrgh we need more pop music barrrrgh we have enough metal barrrgh!!!!

This fun, huh?[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, dude. Don't act like he didn't have a reason to post that. There are 3-4 people in this thread saying "Screw Harmonix catering to pop music! We need better bands like 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band'!!!" The irony was ridiculous. If we're actually interested in variety, I'd like to see some Dave Matthews DLC. Something like "Tripping Billies", "Ants Marching", etc.

[quote name='BustaUppa']The much simpler argument is that it's silly to get pissed off over optional DLC for a year-and-a-half-old game.

They owe us nothing beyond a disc that works out of the box, yet we get so much more![/QUOTE]

Exactly. People get so upset over the DLC. How much money do you guys want to spend each week?

[quote name='BustaUppa']The much simpler argument is that it's silly to get pissed off over optional DLC for a year-and-a-half-old game.

They owe us nothing beyond a disc that works out of the box, yet we get so much more![/QUOTE]

Yup. Also no one is making you buy lady gaga. I like playing metal songs in rock band just as much as the next guy, but i like a little variety, and pigeonholing games into specific genres for each disc game is a bad idea.

Harmonix is doing it right, and bands that want to, and/or can make their music available for Rock Band now have the ability to do so with Rock Band Network.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh come on, dude. Don't act like he didn't have a reason to post that. There are 3-4 people in this thread saying "Screw Harmonix catering to pop music! We need better bands like 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band'!!!" The irony was ridiculous. If we're actually interested in variety, I'd like to see some Dave Matthews DLC. Something like "Tripping Billies", "Ants Marching", etc.

Exactly. People get so upset over the DLC. How much money do you guys want to spend each week?[/QUOTE]

The game isn't called Pop Band, it is called Rock Band. I know saying that is corny, but the title leads consumers to believe that the game is dedicated to fans of Rock music and not pop music. The people who buy the DLC consistently want stuff that challenges them while piquing their musical interest. The reason metal is so popular is because if people have been playing the game for a long time those are the only real challenging songs. I am no where near as good as many here, but I can understand their sentiment.

I have almost 300 songs and I can understand where those guys are coming from. Since backspacer I probably have only bought 15 songs.

-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Get over it.:roll: It happened & all the nagging/cussing/complaining you do wont change a thing. Once you make your own game you can put all the songs you want in it and leave the rest to Band Hero. I felt the same way when Spongebob Squarepants came out but got over it. Im now accepting of whatever comes out because I may get something I like but didnt expect.

In answer to you question it looks like its only 360 right now and they will release the songs to ps3 & wii later, I didnt read thru the whole thread but Im linking it for you to check out: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184949&page=2

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The game isn't called Pop Band, it is called Rock Band. I know saying that is corny, but the title leads consumers to believe that the game is dedicated to fans of Rock music and not pop music. The people who buy the DLC consistently want stuff that challenges them while piquing their musical interest. The reason metal is so popular is because if people have been playing the game for a long time those are the only real challenging songs. I am no where near as good as many here, but I can understand their sentiment.

I have almost 300 songs and I can understand where those guys are coming from. Since backspacer I probably have only bought 15 songs.[/QUOTE]

It's also not called Metal Band. How many people call themselves "rock stars"? "Rock" has become such a generalized term, that having any genre specific expectation is naive. The people stuck with the "metal only" attitude are hung up on an antiquated ideal. You say you like those songs because they're more difficult. Fine. But difficult at what? Again, people forget that Rock Band is a BAND game, and you can't just ignore the other instruments. If the songs in the game were only metal, I might as well throw my microphone in the garbage.

Any guess which instrument the Lady Gaga songs are going to be the most challenging on? Vocals maybe? Look, I'm not even advocating for Lady Gaga. I'm just saying, a lot of the "metal people" in this thread have such a narrow perspective, you'd think they were still playing Guitar Hero I.

IMO the "it's not called ____ Band" criticism would only apply if RB3 or RB4 shipped with a disc full of pop/rap/country/jazz tunes. My feeling is that a full, proper Rock Band title should stick to "rock" for on-disc songs, while DLC should be where it really branches out into different styles.

You can sort of see this theory in action with TB:RB. The main disc was filled with songs that best fit the "rock" mold, whereas DLC (particularly Sgt. Pepper) gave you the songs where you're playing violin and harp and trumpet and stuff.

No, don't you get it? The fact that music I don't like is allowed to exist is a personal affront to me! TO ME!! How dare they!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']No, don't you get it? That fact that music I don't like is allowed to exist is a personal affront to me! TO ME!! How dare they!

;)[/QUOTE]

hahaha...nice. Speaking of that, where the hell is Bluegrass Band??? I demand it. I want my plastic banjo god dammit!!!

I agree with most people on here, Rock Band DLC should have all genres of music available. No one is forcing you to purchase the songs you don't want, but they are trying to appeal to a larger audience with different artists outside the ROCK or METAL genres.

Anyway, I picked up both versions of Poker Face and 1901 from Phoenix. My wife wanted the Lady Gaga version and I wanted the Cartman version.

Since when did the people in this thread start growing vaginas? We have people complaining about metal being added to Rock Band? Srsly?

On that note, we need more Death Metal in Rock Band.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh come on, dude. Don't act like he didn't have a reason to post that. There are 3-4 people in this thread saying "Screw Harmonix catering to pop music! We need better bands like 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band', 'insert metal band'!!!" The irony was ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Especially considering there were about 150 rock songs released in the past week and people are complaining about 4 pop songs. Too funny. :lol:

Yeah, I'm finding a hard time to complain right now when there's assload of songs out now and more being added each day now instead of each Tuesday.

[quote name='lolwut?']Since when did the people in this thread start growing vaginas? We have people complaining about metal being added to Rock Band? Srsly?

On that note, we need more Death Metal in Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

We actually have people complaining about having diverse genres of music uploaded to the store on a daily basis.

[quote name='shieryda']I wouldn't mind some DMB in one of these games. If we got the Dead (and Phish), then I'm sure that we could get some DMB.[/QUOTE]

And Neil Freaking Young.

Flight of the Conchords fans - Business Time is listed for today.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Don't act like he didn't have a reason to post that.[/QUOTE]
There wasn't any reason to post that. Just ignore it. Anyone arguing over DLC at this point, on any side of the fence, needs to find something better to do with their time. There are like fifty billion fucking songs available. Don't waste posts bitching and don't respond to bitching. Get excited over stuff you like. Lady Gaga fucking sucks but I couldn't care less they have tracks by her in Rock Band. Anything to grow/expand the franchise is fine with me.

I wasnt arguing over DLC, quite the opposite. I cant stand the constant bitching every week because people didn't get what THEY like.

Personally I am a huge fan of metal, and dont care for the Lady Gaga DLC. Difference is I'm not flipping out when I dont get Iron Maiden every week.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If we no longer care if there are any instruments being played in the song, why didn't we get the hiphopopotamus?[/QUOTE]
Because none of us are getting mugged right now. Specifically for any camera's we've glued a phone onto.

Plus I killed a monkey. Don't tell anyone and it's not something I'm proud of.

[quote name='bardockkun']So Cartman's version is basically same thing as normal Poker Face.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any noticable differences besides the vocals.. Probably getting both anyway.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Flight of the Conchords fans - Business Time is listed for today.[/QUOTE]

If the 'Business Time' and 'Most Beautiful Girl' tracks were from 'The Distant Future' they would be instant required purchases - but I don't like the full-album versions nearly as much... hrmm...

I picked up Third Eye Blind's 09 re-record of "Semi-Charmed Life" off of RBN tonight, though I probably won't get around to playing it until tomorrow night. I hope we get some more Third Eye Blind soon.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I picked up Third Eye Blind's 09 re-record of "Semi-Charmed Life" off of RBN tonight, though I probably won't get around to playing it until tomorrow night. I hope we get some more Third Eye Blind soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that semi charmed life is the only 3EB song on RBN at the moment? I can't check since I'm at work.

Also, is there a site that lists all of the RBN songs released to date?

[quote name='tgk2044']I'm assuming that semi charmed life is the only 3EB song on RBN at the moment? I can't check since I'm at work.

Also, is there a site that lists all of the RBN songs released to date?[/QUOTE]

So far, that seems to be the only 3EB, but I've heard "Never Let You Go" and "Jumper" are in playtesting... I've been using these Twitter feeds to track what's been added to RBN for playtesting, and what's been added for purchase.

http://twitter.com/RBNnews - Songs added for playtesting
http://twitter.com/RBNDLC - Songs added for purchase

[quote name='BlueWingX']So far, that seems to be the only 3EB, but I've heard "Never Let You Go" and "Jumper" are in playtesting... I've been using these Twitter feeds to track what's been added to RBN for playtesting, and what's been added for purchase.

http://twitter.com/RBNnews - Songs added for playtesting
http://twitter.com/RBNDLC - Songs added for purchase[/QUOTE]

1241351696481_f.jpg

The only song I'm remotely interested in the Drowning Pool song. But I do like how many RBN songs are coming out, they'll get some good stuff for everyone.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I wish Drowning Pool had Tearing Away up on the RBN. But I will be buying Let The Bodies hit the Floor now.[/QUOTE]

It's just Bodies.

bread's done
Back