Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

They want me to pay for my queen songs again? pfft. Then they release new queen without princes of the universe? Wtf man. I want some yes albums for dlc NOW.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just bought this last week. I dont know if anyone else feels this way but I am kinda disappointed in RB3 on disc set list. Some of this stuff is just bad party music, had bunch friends over and wound up playing most of the DLC I already down loaded for RB2.

Now I dont have all the songs unlocked but barely any of them felt good for band play. I had a feeling this was going to happen eventually, Music snobs love the obscure ass things. Although its not a big deal I do feel kinda taken advantage of, since all the main stream music people would have fun playing is DLC. The set list wasnt secret or anything but still. RB1 and RB2 had much better songs. Dont get me wrong I dont dislike many of the songs here and when I am playing solo it wont matter but as far a party game....meh.[/QUOTE]

RB1 and RB2 definitely had a good varied setlist. But, The one great thing about RB3 setlist are the 80s songs (hopefully more 80s stuff will be released in the future).

As expected...

As announced a few weeks ago, and confirmed with specific dates and pricing now for your enjoyment, next week we'll be seeing DLC from the Piano Man himself, Billy Joel! "We Didn't Start The Fire" and "You May Be Right" join the 10 previously announced tracks to round out this killer 12 pack.

But don't take it from me! Here's what the man himself had to say about the pack:

"The addition of the keyboard made me interested in bringing my music to Rock Band," said Billy Joel. "The game introduces music to an enthusiastic audience in a powerful way, and now also helps players get a grasp on the fundamentals of the keyboard."

There you have it! Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 14):

· “Big Shot” X
· “Captain Jack”
· “It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me”
· “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” X
· “Only the Good Die Young” X
· “Piano Man”
· “Pressure”
· “Say Goodbye to Hollywood”
· “The Entertainer”
· “The Stranger”
· “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
· “You May Be Right”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Dec. 15)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Billy Joel The Hits: Rock Band Edition” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points, 2,000 Wii Points) for Billy Joel The Hits: Rock Band Edition

May get a couple.

Man, when will M$ go to real money instead of moon money? So much easier to buy things that I want on PSN. Thats the only thing I like over XBL.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, when will M$ go to real money instead of moon money? So much easier to buy things that I want on PSN. Thats the only thing I like over XBL.[/QUOTE]

Still live in NC? You buy anything recently? If you did than you certainly noticed that you get charged tax on items. That should be enough right there to support space bucks.

I've got to get this and the keyboard. Was waiting to see when Joel's stuff would drop, I can't pass up playing Piano Man.

Yes!! Billy Joel will finally be mine!

Also, Under Pressure's vocal harmonies might be the best thing Rock Band 3 has ever put out!!

Yes! I KNEW they were holding back "We Didn't Start the Fire" for this big reveal. Only leaking 10 songs from a 12 song pack. Sneaky, sneaky, Harmonix. Can't wait to get this. THIS is what RB3 should be every single week. Give me some Journey next week!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, when will M$ go to real money instead of moon money? So much easier to buy things that I want on PSN. Thats the only thing I like over XBL.[/QUOTE]
That's too bad, because MS points is the better system for cheap-ass consumers. I'll take tax-free virtual money that I can occasionally get on sale (ie 20 bucks worth for $15) over Sony's "real money" in a heartbeat.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']THIS is what RB3 should be every single week.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, no. This "we have to justify the keyboard!" DLC that's been going on for the last several weeks is ok for now, and there have been some cool tracks here and there. But it'll be nice to eventually get back to a little more broad selection after we get all this classic/piano-heavy rock out of the way that they've obviously been holding onto for a while now.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Still live in NC? You buy anything recently? If you did than you certainly noticed that you get charged tax on items. That should be enough right there to support space bucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's too bad, because MS points is the better system for cheap-ass consumers. I'll take tax-free virtual money that I can occasionally get on sale (ie 20 bucks worth for $15) over Sony's "real money" in a heartbeat.

Jesus Christ, no. This "we have to justify the keyboard!" DLC that's been going on for the last several weeks is ok for now, and there have been some cool tracks here and there. But it'll be nice to eventually get back to a little more broad selection after we get all this classic/piano-heavy rock out of the way that they've obviously been holding onto for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, Naw, I moved to Farmington Hills (subs outside of Detroit) and I actually dont buy many things in the first place.

I see that you guys are right and its a much better consumer friendly system. I just didnt buy enough to know. I retract my previous statement.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Jesus Christ, no. This "we have to justify the keyboard!" DLC that's been going on for the last several weeks is ok for now, and there have been some cool tracks here and there. But it'll be nice to eventually get back to a little more broad selection after we get all this classic/piano-heavy rock out of the way that they've obviously been holding onto for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've been playing pro keys almost exclusively lately, so that probably contributes to my bias. Also, I'm in the middle of moving, and I haven't been able to touch drums in over a month. And guitar kinda feels like same old, same old. I think part of the "problem" is that they've been releasing big 10-12 song packs since RB3 came out, so there hasn't been as much variety as when we'd get a few songs by two different artists in the same week.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Now we need Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance." C'mon. We have the keyboard. And Gary Numan's "Cars."[/QUOTE]

Would love it if they released the Safety Dance!

Definitely in for the entire Billy Joel pack. If I can only learn one song on pro keys I am hoping it will be Piano Man.

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's too bad, because MS points is the better system for cheap-ass consumers. I'll take tax-free virtual money that I can occasionally get on sale (ie 20 bucks worth for $15) over Sony's "real money" in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. My XBLA, DLC and RockBand libraries would pale in comparison to what I have now if they used real money. Spacebucks FTW! lol

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'] And Gary Numan's "Cars."[/QUOTE]

I'd be so in for that.

Especially if it was the Fear Factory one. But I know they'll never do that one.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I really hope the next big person that they get in the game is Phil Collins/Genesis. Who wouldn't be down for some Easy Lover?[/QUOTE]

This.

Actually, I just want to do a little "In the Air Tonight" drum solo.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I really hope the next big person that they get in the game is Phil Collins/Genesis. Who wouldn't be down for some Easy Lover?[/QUOTE]

if we get Genesis I hope we get some from when Peter Gabriel was in the band.

Slightly OT: Can you use two pedals in RB? I know GH:Metallica preorders came with a splitter, but idk much about it. Is there a special adapter needed, or can something be picked up cheap at radio shack? I've got RB1, RB:Beatles, and GHWT pedals to work with. Thanks! (plan to do it with RB:Beatles drums, if possible)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Slightly OT: Can you use two pedals in RB? I know GH:Metallica preorders came with a splitter, but idk much about it. Is there a special adapter needed, or can something be picked up cheap at radio shack? I've got RB1, RB:Beatles, and GHWT pedals to work with. Thanks! (plan to do it with RB:Beatles drums, if possible)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use your Beatles set w/ a 2 pedal configuration.. But only for Rock Band 3. The other titles do not recognize the second input. (I think it has an orange ring around it?)

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Yes, you can use your Beatles set w/ a 2 pedal configuration.. But only for Rock Band 3. The other titles do not recognize the second input. (I think it has an orange ring around it?)[/QUOTE]

So it's just plug and play then? No adapter or other goofy things necessary (sorry, can't test it now, don't have access to my xbox)? Nice, thanks!

The month of weak ass DLC content continues. Not that I won't pick up a track or two, but overall this entire month (past 5 weeks or so) has been quite weak. Hoping for something off the latest Dream Theater album, or some old Clutch, or maybe GNR Rocket Queen!! And to the guy that mentioned Fear Factory, how about the entire Demanufacture album? Or some Type O Negative? These are pretty mainstream bands, hopefully they can get some play.
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']The month of weak ass DLC content continues. Not that I won't pick up a track or two, but overall this entire month (past 5 weeks or so) has been quite weak.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']The month of weak ass DLC content continues. Not that I won't pick up a track or two, but overall this entire month (past 5 weeks or so) has been quite weak. Hoping for something off the latest Dream Theater album, or some old Clutch, or maybe GNR Rocket Queen!! And to the guy that mentioned Fear Factory, how about the entire Demanufacture album? Or some Type O Negative? These are pretty mainstream bands, hopefully they can get some play.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

:lol: Dream Theater is my favorite band and I'd love some Type O, but are you seriously arguing that they are more mainstream than Billy Joel, John Lennon and Bon Jovi?

There is some Clutch on RBN, btw.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']The month of weak ass DLC content continues. Not that I won't pick up a track or two, but overall this entire month (past 5 weeks or so) has been quite weak. Hoping for something off the latest Dream Theater album, or some old Clutch, or maybe GNR Rocket Queen!! And to the guy that mentioned Fear Factory, how about the entire Demanufacture album? Or some Type O Negative? These are pretty mainstream bands, hopefully they can get some play.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Wow.

-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Hmm... don't want any of that crap. Glad its not here.

-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, B.B King, the Bee Gees, Bon Jovi weak? "FAIL" post.
Rockband.com has a request thing, try it out. In my opinion Rock Band is best when used with classic Rock. So. I'm digging all of the recent dlc. Hope it goes on for a while longer.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']How do you plug in three microphones for vocals and harmony? Can I use any sort of USB hub?[/QUOTE]
Rock Band 1 bundle came with a USB hub, but if you didn't get that, yes either a USB hub for wired microphones or just use the Lips mics, which FINALLY work well with a Rock Band game now.

No one has commented on how awesome the Billy Joel pack is yet? I guess lucky for me that I just finished moving so I'm mostly stuck around the house today and had time to download it. They really did pick a great selection of hits. Now, if they'll just round it out with "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" and a few others for the "piano pack" in the spring, it would be perfect. I definitely feel like it makes the most use of the keyboard of any DLC so far though. Great stuff to sing as well! :)

I couldn't sleep last night so I'm changing my work schedule around to work the rest of the week and will probably DL some Billy Joel songs later today.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You're a fucking clown if you dismiss Type O as "crap." Would be magnificent in RB3 now that we've got keys.[/QUOTE]

Boring ass goth music... yay... for me to poop on.

Not a big Billy Joel fan myself so I will probably pass on this unless it ever goes on sale for cheap. Then again I'm not sure I would want the whole pack since I wouldn't be able to delete 'We Didn't Start the Fire' which I find nauseating. The one song I would want 'My Life' they didn't offer. Oh well, not complaining, I'm glad others like it.

Although I may have to pick up "Pressure" ....too bad there's no Pro Guitar/Bass for that one.

I love Billy Joel. I purchased the whole pack. This month has been a killer on the points since I purchased most of the DLC that wasn't RB3 upgrades of past DLC.

Will be getting the whole Billy Joel pack, especially since wife is getting the keyboard for xmas, but she hates Billy Joel......her loss ha.

Very surprised that "Still R'N'R to me" has large gaps of time with no keyboard. How can the piano man have a song like that?

I've been popping in RB2 to shop for Industrial on RBN. What a hairbrain idea it was for them not to include subgenres in 3's store.

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again, ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE CLASSIC ROCK DLC HARMONIX!

I would like to see a week of singles with newish keyboard music, or at least some 80s stuff. We have a deep well of new wave to draw from - Duran Duran, Men w/o Hats, Men at Work, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode. Hell, they could even include Daft Punk as long as it's Robot Rock.

[quote name='Afflicted']so has anyone done the preorder for the Fender from best buy?

or anyone know how long it's going to be exclusive to them?[/QUOTE]

A better question is how long will it take to go on clearance, which is inevitable.

I find the fact that Best Buy is exclusively stocking it to be strange, as they don't seem to be too eager to stock the RB3 drum kits, standard guitars, or the keyboard bundles.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back