Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Excited for more Paul McCartney, but so very disappointed that there's still no "Hey Jude". Would have been perfect now that they have keys to do it proper.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Excited for more Paul McCartney, but so very disappointed that there's still no "Hey Jude". Would have been perfect now that they have keys to do it proper.[/QUOTE]

It's a Beatles tune, I wouldn't expect to see that... well... ever.

[quote name='Corvin']It's a Beatles tune, I wouldn't expect to see that... well... ever.[/QUOTE]
Not until The Beatles Rock Band 2: Championship Edition Turbo.

Though if we ever get to play Hey Jude, we'll be playing those huge string sections present in the second half on the guitar, haha.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Excited for more Paul McCartney, but so very disappointed that there's still no "Hey Jude". Would have been perfect now that they have keys to do it proper.[/QUOTE]There are plenty of songs that are all Paul or all John and yet they are under The Beatles name and won't be released for Rock Band 3. The Ballad of John and Yoko is another example of a song that makes us think of John Lennon but was released under The Beatles banner. George and Ringo didn't even play on that track. It was John with Paul playing bass and a few other instruments. And Paul did it as a favor to John because John had a sudden inspiration to record it.

Oh that note I really hope to see more Yes available via DLC in the future. Roundabout is such a tease and an absolute blast to play. Makes me wish to see at least the following available:

Starship Trooper (from The Yes Album)
Close To The Edge (from Close To The Edge)
And You And I (from Close To The Edge)
Parallels (from Going For The One)
Heart Of The Sunrise (from Fragile)
Owner Of A Lonely Heart (from 90125)
Time And A World (from Time And A Word)
Big Generator (from Big Generator)
Every Little Thing (The Beatles cover) (from Yes)
To Be Over (from Relayer)
Machine Messiah (from Drama)
In The Presence Of (from Magnification)
The Calling (from Talk)

So I just linked my copy or RB3 with the web site. I thought there was a way to create song books of all the songs you owned but I don't see that option on thw web site. Is that possble or did i just read some posts in this thread wrong?

I know I can create song books from myrockbandsongs.com but I haven't updated my songs on that site for some time. I thought there might be a way to officially create song books now.

"Unable to load song, skipping"

Got this message while playing Rock Band 3. I quickly figured out that it was a license thing, since I wasn't connected to Xbox Live, but I don't get why this is the case. When I'm not connected to Xbox Live, this only applies to regular downloaded songs and Lego Rock Band songs. Rock Band 2 songs and RBN songs aren't affected. Hell, the three free Doors songs aren't affected either. Come to think of it, of all the downloaded songs, none of the Rock Band 3-specific DLC are affected.

Anyone have any idea why some of my songs are licensed but others aren't? This kills a lot of my library when I take Rock Band 3 to other people's houses to play and they don't have any wifi or ethernet cable I can connect to.

[quote name='KingDox']So I just linked my copy or RB3 with the web site. I thought there was a way to create song books of all the songs you owned but I don't see that option on thw web site. Is that possble or did i just read some posts in this thread wrong?

I know I can create song books from myrockbandsongs.com but I haven't updated my songs on that site for some time. I thought there might be a way to officially create song books now.[/QUOTE]

Got to DLCquickplay and sign up and fill out your DLC. If you have a lot of DLC then it will be a tedious and time consuming process if this is what you want to do.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']"Unable to load song, skipping"

Got this message while playing Rock Band 3. I quickly figured out that it was a license thing, since I wasn't connected to Xbox Live, but I don't get why this is the case. When I'm not connected to Xbox Live, this only applies to regular downloaded songs and Lego Rock Band songs. Rock Band 2 songs and RBN songs aren't affected. Hell, the three free Doors songs aren't affected either. Come to think of it, of all the downloaded songs, none of the Rock Band 3-specific DLC are affected.

Anyone have any idea why some of my songs are licensed but others aren't? This kills a lot of my library when I take Rock Band 3 to other people's houses to play and they don't have any wifi or ethernet cable I can connect to.[/QUOTE]

Have you downloaded songs initially while on another console or with your hard drive plugged into another console? If so, it might be a license issue and you would just have to do a license transfer online. Beware that you can only do this once a year though.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']80's rock and hair metal. I am still waiting.[/QUOTE]

probably saving most of it till the squier guitar comes out.

Next week's tracks:

Johnny Cash Pack 01
· “Cry, Cry, Cry”
· “Don’t Take Your Guns to Town”
· “Five Feet High and Rising”
· “Folsom Prison Blues”
· “I Got Stripes”
· “I Walk the Line” X
· “Tennessee Flat Top Box” X
· “The Ballad of Ira Hayes”

Rock Band Free Pack 01
· Abnormality – “Visions”
· Anarchy Club – “Get Clean”
· Bang Camaro – “Night Lies”
· Breaking Wheel – “Shoulder to the Plow”
· Libyans – “Welcome to the Neighborhood”
· The Main Drag – “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter”
· Speck – “Conventional Lover”
· The Sterns – “Supreme Girl”
· That Handsome Devil – “Rob the Prez-O-Dent”

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1,350 Wii Points) for Johnny Cash Pack 01
FREE on Xbox and PlayStation 3 for Rock Band Free Pack 01

In for at least a few of the Johnny Cash songs. I wonder how many of the free songs will have keys.

Not that it'll be terribly difficult, but at least we've finally got some country I can get behind. Now get some Hank III on RBN.

Love Cash but may not get the whole pack, kind of disappointed with the song selection. Hopefully we'll get more down the road though.

Wish we could pick and choose from the free pack. I don't want to waste hard drive space on several of those (I keep all my songs on a 16GB drive so I can take them with me, and I'm almost out of space on it). Probably won't bother downloading it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not that it'll be terribly difficult, but at least we've finally got some country I can get behind. Now get some Hank III on RBN.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Assjack? :p

Johnny Cash won't have keys.

I'll probably get I walk the Line and that's it.

According to rockbandaide, non of the harmonix bands have keys. :(

[quote name='2DMention']Johnny Cash won't have keys.

I'll probably get I walk the Line and that's it.

According to rockbandaide, non of the harmonix bands have keys. :([/QUOTE]

Weak!

Here's what I'm in for:

· “Don’t Take Your Guns to Town”
· “Five Feet High and Rising”
· “Folsom Prison Blues”
· “I Got Stripes”

This seems like a good week for me to take a break. I have downloaded at least a 100 songs since RB3 came out and I need to put the brakes on my points spending.

[quote name='tcrash247']Do you mean Assjack? :p[/QUOTE]

Eh. That would be ok, but I think Assjack is a little too much for me. Every track is a jackhammer to your face, I like a little more variety. Nothing against anyone who likes it though, if nothing else they put on a hell of a live show.

For me, his "This Ain't Country" stuff would be perfect...not quite as brutal/loud as Assjack but still aggressive as hell while still being listenable.

Just for the hell of it...

My ideal Cash 6-pack:

Home Of The Blues
One Piece At A Time
There You Go
Get Rhythm
Big River
Goodnight Irene

Out of the ones listed for next week I'll probably get Cry Cry Cry, Folsom, I Got Stripes, and maybe Five Feet High and Rising. I Walk The Line will probably be an impulse buy months from now during a Rock Band party gathering or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question...Does anyone here think that the free song pack next week would count for the achievement/trophy that requires you to play 3 songs that have a Harmonix developer in the band?

How the hell is "A Boy Named Sue" not included in the Johnny Cash pack?!? Love to see Harmonix getting a little more creative with the DLC, but come on!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Looks like Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering is up on RBN if you're looking at the in-game store.[/QUOTE]

WAT??????????????????????????????????????!!!!!

IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='2DMention']According to rockbandaide, non of the harmonix bands have keys. :([/QUOTE]

Then what's the fucking point? If they don't have keys added, why didn't the just export with the rest of the RB2 disc. Weak.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Then what's the fucking point? If they don't have keys added, why didn't the just export with the rest of the RB2 disc. Weak.[/QUOTE]
I Think so they can give it Pro Guitar support and really no other reason, which is fucking ridiculous because Bang Camaro demands harmonies.

I'm all over that Johnny Cash pack. One of my favorite artists ever. I've been making due with that Social Distortion 'Ring of Fire' cover so far, heh.

Pretty lame that they're probably holding Ring of Fire hostage in that new country track pack. I have to wonder if it's even worth doing that when music game sales are what they are now. Last time the exclusivity was less than six months so it's not that big of a deal if they do the same this time. It was probably too much trouble to jump through the additional licensing hoops but I would have loved to try Hurt on keys.

I'm more annoyed by the absence of single downloads for those Harmonix tracks than by the absence of RB3 upgrades. I really like that Main Drag song but I don't want that shitty Visions song in my library again.

Looks like I get to save money this week. Would probably have bought Ring of Fire though if it was available. Love Frank Zappa's version :)

[quote name='Mojimbo'] I really like that Main Drag song but I don't want that shitty Visions song in my library again.[/QUOTE]

Well, you could always 1-star it in your ratings and it won't come up in random lists.

I'll probably download the pack if it's needed for the Harmonix bands achievement but then delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']
I'll probably download the pack it if it's needed for the Harmonix bands achievement but then delete it.[/QUOTE]

It might not work for the achievement since the songs were originally on disc and the achievement is only for DLC/RBN. I got it through a few Bang Camero tracks I own. Most of their bands have tracks for DLC/RBN for 80 pts. Also if you had Official Xbox Magazine Disc #80, there are 3 harmonix tracks (Freezepop's Sprode, Count Zero's Shake, Bang Camero's Rock Rebellion).

The easiest way to get the Harmonix achievement is to go into goals and click through that goal. You'll get a selection of songs eligible for the achievement to choose from.

[quote name='porieux']Looks like I get to save money this week. Would probably have bought Ring of Fire though if it was available. Love Frank Zappa's version :)[/QUOTE]

Social Distortion's version is available and pretty good imo.

Also, this is ridiculous. Every time I've tried to create an account on the rockband.com site (so I can get the linking achievement), it never lets me do it. I'll do my name, password, etc, but when I click to go to the next page, it keeps saying "it looks like we rocked too hard" or whatever indicating something isn't working. I've tried it in different browsers as well.

The site is wack as hell. It doesn't monitor anything that isn't in the game and what the hell is with the lack of facebook and twitter integration like was was promised?!

Yeah I figured by now we'd have some major site integration with Rock Band. I guess Bungie set the bar too high, everything else pales in comparison.

[quote name='lordopus99']It might not work for the achievement since the songs were originally on disc and the achievement is only for DLC/RBN....also if you had Official Xbox Magazine Disc #80, there are 3 harmonix tracks (Freezepop's Sprode, Count Zero's Shake, Bang Camero's Rock Rebellion).[/QUOTE]

Just to follow up, I got the achievement on Rock Rebellion which is one of the songs from that disc, so it does work if you got them off the disc rather than downloading.

Has anyone seen any used 360 keyboards at Gamestop? I asked a local store and they said they don't accept guitars or drums but they do take keyboards and mics.

Just curious about the price, if it's worth waiting for them to go used since I can't justify $80 for another instrument lol

[quote name='CombatCraig']Has anyone seen any used 360 keyboards at Gamestop? I asked a local store and they said they don't accept guitars or drums but they do take keyboards and mics.

Just curious about the price, if it's worth waiting for them to go used since I can't justify $80 for another instrument lol[/QUOTE]

You would probably better off looking on Craigslist since the cost at Gamestop for the used keyboard (if you can find one) will probably still be $60-70.

So according to a few blogs, the company that bought Harmonix paid...ready?

50 bucks.

Of course, the also inherited all of the debt built up and licensing fees for all the music, so it makes a smidgen more sense when that's factored in.

[quote name='KaneRobot']So according to a few blogs, the company that bought Harmonix paid...ready?

50 bucks.

Of course, the also inherited all of the debt built up and licensing fees for all the music, so it makes a smidgen more sense when that's factored in.[/QUOTE]

LoL. That's less than Rock Band 3 costs.

bread's done
Back