Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Taken from RockBandAide

Moving Pictures” is typically priced 880 MSP ($10.99), but is currently marked down to 440 MSP ($5.50), and contains the following songs:

• The Camera Eye
  • Limelight (Original Version)
  • Red Barchetta
  • Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
  • Vital Signs
  • Witch Hunt
  • YYZ
The Cars” is typically priced 1,200 MSP ($14.99), but is currently marked down to 680 MSP ($8.50), and contains the following songs:

• All Mixed Up
  • Bye Bye Love
  • Don’t Cha Stop
  • Good Times Roll
  • I’m in Touch with Your World
  • Just What I Needed
  • Moving in Stereo
  • My Best Friend’s Girl
  • You’re All I’ve Got Tonight
Update: Looks like there are quite a bit more packs that are also on sale…
Nine Inch Nails Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• March of the Pigs
  • The Collector
  • The Perfect Drug
Oasis Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Don’t Look Back in Anger
  • Live Forever
  • Wonderwall
Weezer Pack 02 – 240 MSP

• My Name Is Jonas
  • Pork and Beans
  • Undone (The Sweater Song)
Evanescence Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Bring Me to Life
  • Call Me When You’re Sober
  • Weight of the World
The Police Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Can’t Stand Losing You
  • Roxanne
  • Synchronicity II
Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Volcano
  • Margaritaville
  • Cheeseburger in Paradise
All That Remains Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Chiron
  • This Calling
  • Two Weeks

I would be very tempted to get a couple of those, but I think I'm going to be foiled by having already cherry-picked one or two individual tracks from most of thost track packs. Still, thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: Just saw that this was confirmed on the Rock Band facebook page and website.

Linkin Park is next week's DLC according to RBA.

• Crawling
  • In the End *
  • Numb
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Waiting for the End
  • What I’ve Done *
I Can pass.

Damn, probably would've gotten the whole pack if they didn't lump those new songs in; depending on the charts I might still get it. Thanks for the update bardockkun

Damn. I gonna need at least a couple 4000 point cards when I get Rock Band 3.

Also, kinda disappointed that there is no Pro Mode nor keys in "The Serpentine Offering".

[quote name='shieryda']
Also, kinda disappointed that there is no Pro Mode nor keys in "The Serpentine Offering".[/QUOTE]
That's one of the few reasons I can't pull the trigger on that song because SO MUCH wasted potential. Alot of Dimmu can benefit with keys in general.

Ugh. No thanks on Linkin Park, I'm sure it'll make some people happy though.

[quote name='bardockkun']That's one of the few reasons I can't pull the trigger on that song because SO MUCH wasted potential. Alot of Dimmu can benefit with keys in general.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that does kind of suck. I still enjoyed it though.

We'll probably get some of their stuff with keys in the next several months, RBN 2.0 isn't very far off now. Gimme some Hybrid Stigmata.

[quote name='bardockkun']Linkin Park is next week's DLC according to RBA.

• Crawling
  • In the End *
  • Numb
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Waiting for the End
  • What I’ve Done *
I Can pass.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That was early!

Might be in for crawling and in the end.

Paging LinkinPrime

[quote name='KaneRobot']
We'll probably get some of their stuff with keys in the next several months, RBN 2.0 isn't very far off now. Gimme some Hybrid Stigmata.[/QUOTE]
I Think that's what I want to hear about the most, but goddamn they've been silent for so damn long. That and I REALLY want to know what happened to the first half of the Ministry's The Last Sucker that was hyped about for the release of RBN.
[quote name='2DMention']
Paging LinkinPrime[/QUOTE]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of him. Any chance we can change the thread title to "Rock Band series thread - 1/10/11 DLC: LINKINPRIME! THE GOD'S HAVE FAVORED YOU!"? Or something on those lines.

^ That'd be funny! I definitely want that LP pack but will wait on it.

On Friday I think I'll pick up the Weezer and Evanescence packs that are sale since I've been wanting those. Already have the Oasis, The Police, and All That Remains packs

Man, I just started playing RB3 last night and is it me or is it way harder than previous games? I usually play on Expert and I can muddle through most songs but I was getting seriously stuck on Fly Like An Eagle in the "easy" tier of songs. I put on Crazy Train and it was over after 15%. I haven't calibrated yet though and it felt like I had to strum about a 1/2 second early so maybe that was messing me up?

[quote name='javeryh']Man, I just started playing RB3 last night and is it me or is it way harder than previous games? I usually play on Expert and I can muddle through most songs but I was getting seriously stuck on Fly Like An Eagle in the "easy" tier of songs. I put on Crazy Train and it was over after 15%. I haven't calibrated yet though and it felt like I had to strum about a 1/2 second early so maybe that was messing me up?[/QUOTE]

I thought so at first too, but it was just the calibration. Took me two or three tries of calibrating until I got the right fit, but then it was all fine.

I flustered a bit at first too, but quickly realized it was the calibration. I've yet to have an issue with the settings in the manual, though, so once I popped those in, I was golden.

[quote name='2DMention']Wow! That was early!

Might be in for crawling and in the end.

Paging LinkinPrime[/QUOTE]

*Appears*

:shock:

I might need to pick up RB3 in the near future.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of him. Any chance we can change the thread title to "Rock Band series thread - 1/10/11 DLC: LINKINPRIME! THE GOD'S HAVE FAVORED YOU!"? Or something on those lines.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

For the record, they already had a pack of songs on GH:WoR and DJ Hero 2 that I haven't gotten since I don't have those games. I'm kinda worn out on music games, but I do plan on picking up those games and this one on the cheap later on and will definitely get these packs.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Freezepop song on RBN if anyone is interested. "Special Effects."[/QUOTE]
!!

Hope that makes its way over to PSN quickly.

I posted this in the 360 FAQ thread but that doesn't get too much action so I thought I'd ask here:

OK, I need some clarification. I used up my license transfer back in July. I want to buy a 360 Slim today. I will be transferring the contents of my 20GB HDD to the new 250GB one. Will I be able to play all of the songs in Rock Band that I downloaded to the 20GB HDD or will they not even show up because they are associated with another console? I've made every purchase as "javeryh" and my gamertag has never chhanged. The only reason I'm doing this is for my expanding Rock Band library. I assume in July I can do the license transfer but I want to obviously be able to play everything in the meantime. Any help would be great.

[quote name='javeryh']I posted this in the 360 FAQ thread but that doesn't get too much action so I thought I'd ask here:

OK, I need some clarification. I used up my license transfer back in July. I want to buy a 360 Slim today. I will be transferring the contents of my 20GB HDD to the new 250GB one. Will I be able to play all of the songs in Rock Band that I downloaded to the 20GB HDD or will they not even show up because they are associated with another console? I've made every purchase as "javeryh" and my gamertag has never chhanged. The only reason I'm doing this is for my expanding Rock Band library. I assume in July I can do the license transfer but I want to obviously be able to play everything in the meantime. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

As long as you're always connected to Live on the new console you should be fine.

[quote name='javeryh']I posted this in the 360 FAQ thread but that doesn't get too much action so I thought I'd ask here:

OK, I need some clarification. I used up my license transfer back in July. I want to buy a 360 Slim today. I will be transferring the contents of my 20GB HDD to the new 250GB one. Will I be able to play all of the songs in Rock Band that I downloaded to the 20GB HDD or will they not even show up because they are associated with another console? I've made every purchase as "javeryh" and my gamertag has never chhanged. The only reason I'm doing this is for my expanding Rock Band library. I assume in July I can do the license transfer but I want to obviously be able to play everything in the meantime. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me, I actually called 1-800-4MYXBOX and explained what happened, gave them a bit of how I never would have bought the old console had I known the newer S models were coming, and they put it through rather easily.

Curious, what is everyone's favorite effect to use while in overdrive? Playing guitar, I like the Echo and bass I like the Chorus.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Freezepop song on RBN if anyone is interested. "Special Effects."[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying anything on RBN until 2.0 comes out with Keys.

[quote name='irratebass']Curious, what is everyone's favorite effect to use while in overdrive? Playing guitar, I like the Echo and bass I like the Chorus.[/QUOTE]

I don't use effects since I still rock with a GH2 guitar. On the way of them, I can't stand them when people use them online since they distort the track for the rest of us. They throw off the beat/melody.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm not buying anything on RBN until 2.0 comes out with Keys.[/QUOTE]
In which case it'll be time to REBUY everything for keys support!

Speaking of RBN, RBN2.0 authoring kits were released to the public today. So possibly by next month or March we should get a taste of some sweet, sweet keys and harmonies in our RBN?

[quote name='irratebass']Curious, what is everyone's favorite effect to use while in overdrive? Playing guitar, I like the Echo and bass I like the Chorus.[/QUOTE]

Wah-Wah Bass! This is pretty much a requirement with my friends if you are playing bass because sometimes it sounds so ridiculous.

[quote name='dealer']Wah-Wah Bass! This is pretty much a requirement with my friends if you are playing bass because sometimes it sounds so ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's more annoying than anything at times though.

I just downloaded 25 songs last night (cashed in some MS points)

[quote name='tgk2044']The same thing happened to me, I actually called 1-800-4MYXBOX and explained what happened, gave them a bit of how I never would have bought the old console had I known the newer S models were coming, and they put it through rather easily.[/QUOTE]

I seem to be OK for now. The game recognizes 267 songs in my library on my new console (which is sweet by the way) which I think is the right number. I haven't tried a license transfer yet.

A side point - it is crap that they charge $10 to "export" the songs from RB2 and LRB to the HDD. I bought the games and I have the unique code so I should be able to do it for free, IMO. I can understand the fee if you didn't have the code but I already paid for these songs! I bit on RB2 and I'll probably bite on LRB because $10 for ~70 songs is a good deal even though it secretly sucks because I bought them already. Boo.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Did that Harmonix free pack ever become available for Silver members?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was free for everybody.

Feh.

1/18/11 - Stone Sour 3-pack

“Made of Scars”
“Say You’ll Haunt Me” X
“Through Glass”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Jan. 19)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Stone Sour Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Stone Sour Pack 01

I'm so glad they're done with all that old shitty classic rock. No name European singles, Linkin Park and some Slipknot spin-off that no one has ever heard of? Bring on more gems from the new millennium, Harmonix. :drool::bouncy::applause:

I don't think they've blown anything really, we just had Cash two weeks ago, and although I couldn't care less about Linkin Park I'm sure a lot of people were excited for that.

The thing that concerns me more than the actual content this coming week is the fact that there are only three songs. That's like Rock Band 1 dark ages-level content.

I have no idea what Stone Sour sounds like, but who the hell would call their band that...what a crappy name.

I hate to say it, but I think these small packs are a sign of the recession of music games in general. First Guitar Hero is down to 1 pack a month, and now the first Rock Band 3-pack since last April. I'm hoping I'm wrong and next week they surprise us with a 12 pack of Muse. Please HMX??

[quote name='porieux']I have no idea what Stone Sour sounds like, but who the hell would call their band that...what a crappy name.[/QUOTE]

Stone Sour is just like any other generic rock that is on clear channel stations. Big pass for me. I also am concerned with only 3 tracks this week to choose from when they have been pumping out 6-7 each week.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']I hate to say it, but I think these small packs are a sign of the recession of music games in general. First Guitar Hero is down to 1 pack a month, and now the first Rock Band 3-pack since last April. I'm hoping I'm wrong and next week they surprise us with a 12 pack of Muse. Please HMX??[/QUOTE]

I dare them to surprise us with such a crappy release....
(hey, such a comment sparked the inclusion of Billy Joel, so it's worth a shot, eh? :D )

bread's done
Back