Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='pete5883']The first version of new hardware is never very good, huh?[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep telling myself. I REALLY want that new guitar but I've been burned enough times thanks to buying right away.

Going to try to give it a month and wait for feedback from a larger group before plunking down my 300+ (after the cost of the MIDI adapter). Would be nice to buy it this week because it's 20 bucks off at BB (plus I have a $15 RZ coupon), but I just can't do blind buys on these instruments anymore, especially one this expensive.

I've got a Gibson Explorer that I really should get rid of to offset the cost, I don't play guitar enough to warrant owning two.

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't played RB3 in ages, does anyone know if any of the NIN songs have keys?[/QUOTE]

They all do (HLAH has a "demon head" difficulty level on keys). I noticed The Only Time doesn't have a guitar part, though.

The Squier has shipped for a lot of people, although some have a "backordered" message (even those that preordered). I'm showing *one* Best Buy in my area (90 minutes away) that has it in-store. The rest all show ship-to-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to download the NIN songs when I get home! I always really liked Sanctified off that album and wish they would have performed it live towards the end.

[quote name='KaneRobot']They all do (HLAH has a "demon head" difficulty level on keys). I noticed The Only Time doesn't have a guitar part, though.

The Squier has shipped for a lot of people, although some have a "backordered" message (even those that preordered). I'm showing *one* Best Buy in my area (90 minutes away) that has it in-store. The rest all show ship-to-store.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's in-store track usually says an item is OOS unless they have more than three, so there's a chance they might have one or two at one of your stores.

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't played RB3 in ages, does anyone know if any of the NIN songs have keys?[/QUOTE]
Just the 4 that released this week.

I finally got rb3 today & am having fun with it so far. Wish they'd have an option to browse by price in the music store instead of just having to look at each song.

So do any of you have a mic stand so you can sing and play guitar at the same time? If so - where is a good place to get one for hopefully cheap (under $15)??? I find myself singing along when I play guitar so I might as well try and get some band goals on my own if it is possible...

[quote name='javeryh']So do any of you have a mic stand so you can sing and play guitar at the same time? If so - where is a good place to get one for hopefully cheap (under $15)??? I find myself singing along when I play guitar so I might as well try and get some band goals on my own if it is possible...[/QUOTE]
I've had an eye out for one of these as well, haven't found anything that looked decent for less than like $25.

Sale for the week of March 14:
  • Social Distortion "Bad Luck" - 80 Points (50% off)
  • Green Day Pack 01 - 220 Points (50% off)

I was happy to see a Green Day sale because I don't have any yet and they would seem to be a great RB band but that pack SUCKS.

DEPECHE MODE FINALLY!!!! Death Cab For Cutie too! http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216511

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (March 8):

• Depeche Mode – “Never Let Me Down Again”
• Depeche Mode – “Personal Jesus” X
• Depeche Mode – “Policy of Truth”
• Death Cab For Cutie – “I Will Possess Your Heart”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 9)

video links in spoiler (didn't realize those would all embed)

[quote name='javeryh']So do any of you have a mic stand so you can sing and play guitar at the same time? If so - where is a good place to get one for hopefully cheap (under $15)??? I find myself singing along when I play guitar so I might as well try and get some band goals on my own if it is possible...[/QUOTE]

I use this one from MadCatz and it works great, but it looks like its not available on Amazon anymore. It was $20 when I got it.

I use this one from MadCatz and it works great, but it looks like its not available on Amazon anymore. It was $20 when I got it.

That is REALLY strange, was just thinking randomly a couple of weeks ago about Depeche Mode in RB. Probably in for the whole pack.

Same as javery though, wish it was Enjoy the Silence instead of Never Let Me Down Again (or Personal Jesus, for that matter).

If I had to narrow it down to three songs I'd probably pick the same exact ones so I'm pretty stoked. Then again NLMDA is actually my favorite song of theirs so I'm biased! But man, NIN followed by Depeche Mode, as far as my personal tastes go they are really knocking it out of the park lately. If they did Type O Negative next week I might explode.

[quote name='BustaUppa']But man, NIN followed by Depeche Mode, as far as my personal tastes go they are really knocking it out of the park lately. If they did Type O Negative next week I might explode.[/QUOTE]

Don't tease me like that.

Disappointed to see no pro upgrades for old songs this week. Now that the Squier is out they need to be hitting that hard...at least a few songs every week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've had an eye out for one of these as well, haven't found anything that looked decent for less than like $25.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 of them from Gamestop when Beatles came out for like $20 each.

You could try Guitar Center and getting a real one also... both of the mic clips have broken on the ones I got.

$9.99 with free shipping. It has a fixed boom...but for RB purposes, this should suffice.

http://www.music123.com/Accessories...-Fixed-Boom-Black.site7sku451051000001000.sku

If you want one with a telescoping boom, the price doubles.

http://www.music123.com/Accessories...coping-Boom-Black.site7sku451052000001000.sku

You'll also need a mic holder. I like this one because it's universal and will fit different sized mics (the wired RB one is a little fat for a standard mic holder).

http://www.music123.com/Pro-Audio/M...Microphone-Holder.site7sku276011000000000.sku

What's the best way to get Lego Rock Band codes these days? I was planning on just grabbing one from EBay, but it doesn't look like any are there. I guess I should just buy a new copy on Amazon and then flip it?

Oh god. This fucking song is coming to RBN (here's an early build):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJZuLrSLzg

I can't make it 60 seconds in without wanting to punch someone.

The same authoring group is doing Pac-Man Fever & Froggy's Lament as well.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']What's the best way to get Lego Rock Band codes these days? I was planning on just grabbing one from EBay, but it doesn't look like any are there. I guess I should just buy a new copy on Amazon and then flip it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much your only option since the codes are one-time use, unless the ebay seller explicity states that the export code hasn't been used. Doesn't hurt to ask if they don't say, I suppose.

damn the setlist kinda sucks for rock band 3, thanks to dlc that saves the game. Oh and importing previous rock band games too. Nin rocks but they have to add some bands that haven't been on rb before like silverchair, blind melon and more.

Finally got around to finishing the "3-star or better 25 Pro Keys songs" achievement...was really annoyed it didn't automatically pop the "3-star or better 25 Keys" songs. I never wanted to even touch regular keys mode.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I can't make it 60 seconds in without wanting to punch someone.[/QUOTE]

That is the most awful sounding shit ever.

Do you need a copy of LRB or RB:GD with an unused export code to DL all the songs or can you just go into the marketplace and pay $10 or whatever to get them all? Basically I'm looking for the cheapest way to get all of the songs on my HDD for RB3. I have LRB so that shouldn;t be an issue but I do not own the Green Day version...

[quote name='javeryh']That is the most awful sounding shit ever.

Do you need a copy of LRB or RB:GD with an unused export code to DL all the songs or can you just go into the marketplace and pay $10 or whatever to get them all? Basically I'm looking for the cheapest way to get all of the songs on my HDD for RB3. I have LRB so that shouldn;t be an issue but I do not own the Green Day version...[/QUOTE]

In both instances, you need the disc to begin the export process. So if you do come across a code, a rental or Gamestop used purchase and then return would be your best price.

[quote name='lordopus99']Finally took the plunge on Ions and wow it is a whole world of difference. My scores have gone up with every song I have played.[/QUOTE]

If you spend anytime drumming they are a worth while investment. They do ware though, my red pad is starting to bubble quite a bit. I'd like to invest in a destroyer pedal too, the bass on RockBand is harder than on an actual set with the stock pedals.

Also, if you have's just jump into prodrums and never look back.

1-2 songs per band (of Blind Melon & Silverchair) isn't enough, I must have more!! They have 1 song on there too by Silverstein, rock band has pretty good dlc so i'm grateful for that. Must.get.more.bands.

I'm very disappointed that we didn't get nominations for this long-running thread for the Cheapy awards. We're way better (and longer-lasting!) than the clowns in the Madden thread.

Relax. I'm not serious.

Awesome Devin Townsend stuff coming soon to RBN (the end of the first video has "spoilers" for the self-contained Ziltoid-in-Rock-Band storyline as you play through the Ziltoid album, so if you plan on buying it you may want to stop the video when the song is over):

"The Greys"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9QjX_qNV0

"Ziltoidia Attaxx!!" Check out the "fun" solo at 2:07...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSi4xkUmNg

That isn't my cup of tea but I'd be highly interested in DLC that had self contained story-lines for different bands.

Like if for $10-$20 they wanted to add a Pearl Jam pack that could have you as EV singing the vocals of Alive, Footsteps and Once to start and that gets mailed to Seattle to the rest of the guys and then maybe you start out as Mookie Blaylock and go from there until you get on the cover of Time, etc. It would have to have all new animations, etc.

They would need a minimum of 15-20 songs though to do a mini-career DLC add-on. Maybe they break it up into $10 packs for the first 5 years and then you buy additional packs to finish out their career? I don't know. I know that's a lot of content but if done properly for some bands I bet they would sell better than stand-alone songs.

Who wouldn't want to play a Led Zeppelin DLC pack that had you reenact the events at the Edgewater Inn and ends in Bonham drinking himself to death? The possibilities are endless!

It was sort of built-in with the album that's coming - on the actual album it's a goofy alien that comes to Earth demanding the best cup of coffee in existence, if it's not satisfactory he'll destroy the planet. For RBN they modified all the "storyline" parts of the album to be the alien shows up and demands the player convince him that Rock Band isn't just for talentless nerds (you get taunted during play..."play a real guitar!!" etc).

Obviously it's still just straight up Rock Band as far as gameplay, but they stretched what you normally see/experience as much as possible. Weird screen effects as the game "breaks," holding conversations between songs using talking parts, etc.

I can definitely get behind anyone that tries to do something a little different with what is provided. Most artists just hand over the stem packs for their music and say call me when it's done.

bread's done
Back