Rock Revolution /w Drum kit 35.99 at BB

They had a whole bunch of these for $29.99 at my Best Buy. Pretty insane. Would've totally bought one if I didn't already have two Rock Band drumkits already.

wow, I don't think I've even SEEN a Rock Revolution kit in a store...

I wish the game only would just drop to $9.99. Every BB near me has a good 10-15 copies out just begging to be sold.

Yeah no kidding, just the cover they put on the game for Chop Suey makes me want to light it on fire.

[quote name='Okatha']Yeah no kidding, just the cover they put on the game for Chop Suey makes me want to light it on fire.[/quote]

Jimmy Hendrix style. Axis Bold as Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh DAH

no vocals no fun, hope someday Pantera songs DLC on Rockband or at least guitar hero....

but bite for 10 dlls

I've never even seen any form of this game for sale. I forgot it came out. The reviews so far in this thread have been overwhelmingly negative - does anyone have anything good to say about this game?

[quote name='king9x']Keep in mind all but 1 of the songs are covers... horrible ones at that.[/QUOTE]

Two of them are originals. Which explains why Paralyzer sounds so much better than everything else.

[quote name='wii skiier']I've never even seen any form of this game for sale. I forgot it came out. The reviews so far in this thread have been overwhelmingly negative - does anyone have anything good to say about this game?[/QUOTE]

I have it and it really isn't as bad as people say. Yeah, the songs are all covers but the quality is no different than the covers in GH1 & 2 (if you disagree, listen to Danzig's 'Mother' in GH2 and get back to me). My main complaint with the game is the choice in the songs they use which is mostly generic shitty pop-rock tunes from the last 10 years. More classic rock and punk please.

If you do decide to buy Rock Revolution, do yourself a favor and buy the Bemani track pack. That way it feels more like a Guitar Freaks game than another GH/RB rip off. IMO this would have sold a lot better if they kept it more like GF.

ok, like the topic says, only some BBs are having it clearanced, while some stores didn't even get the bundle.

as for the game, its a stripped down GH, but the drums are the favorite of all three (I would love to see even the roughest kid try to break this big boy)

Yea I saw that game only was down to 20 a few weeks ago and thought about then i saw my BB had about 25 copies so i'm sure it will be down to 9.99 soon enough. i'll buy it at that price.

[quote name='wii skiier']I've never even seen any form of this game for sale. I forgot it came out. The reviews so far in this thread have been overwhelmingly negative - does anyone have anything good to say about this game?[/quote]
The drums can help children learn colors and shape?

[quote name='wii skiier']I've never even seen any form of this game for sale. I forgot it came out. The reviews so far in this thread have been overwhelmingly negative - does anyone have anything good to say about this game?[/quote]

Keep in mind that almost nobody who has posted in this thread so far has actually played the game. Guaranteed. It's no Rock Band, but for $30, it's a good amount of fun. It's definitely better than Guitar Hero World Tour, for whatever that's worth.

Question for the few people in this thread that have actually played Rock Revolution: do you get motion sickness while playing? I'm fine when I play it but a few people on another forum I post at said they got REALLY sick. Guess the notes going from top to bottom really mess with some peoples perspective they can't adjust.

Still though, I thought it was really strange that people could get motion sickness from a music game. If anything, you'd think they'd get sick from the GH/RB perspective since it's 3-D.

Hopefully I'll score a game only copy at Target for $7.48 in a few weeks. I would buy this bundle for $20 if I saw it for that cheap anywhere. I think Fisher Price had some input in the design of the drums. Reminds me of that plastic ball you could slide the respective shape in its matching hole.:p

[quote name='jrsmaster411']Do the drums work in rock band or guitar hero?[/quote]
Rock Band yes, Guitar Hero: WT I'm not sure of. They say it'll be compatible with all games that use the drums, the real question though is why would you want to soil either game with this?

[quote name='bardockkun']Rock Band yes, Guitar Hero: WT I'm not sure of. They say it'll be compatible with all games that use the drums, the real question though is why would you want to soil either game with this?[/quote]
Cause it's cheap :D

Only thing that does if anything is the foot pedal (though if anything, anything that gets stomped on over time is bound to break), but other then that the ones after first generation have been sturdy. Plus who says anything about Rock Revolution drums being better? Plus I shouldn't even be making this argument as to which is better (especially for Rock Band 1 drums)...

You're looking at this.
8726088_ra.jpg

Vs. this monstrosity.
rock-revolution-drums-overview.jpg

Can't say anything firsthand about drums,but game is ok.Worth $15 if you like the songs,most of which are about like the GH covers quality.(Range from blah to very good,with most quite acceptable)Looks a bit weird,but doesn't make me dizzy & I'm not unhappy I paid $15 before Xmas.Would recommend picking up at $10 or less just to add some variety.And for the record I hate vocals,so that may color my review.And my RB 1 drumset is over a year old and still working fine.

So, I rented this through Gamefly awhile back because I thought it might convince me to make a purchase. My girlfriend and I tried it out, and she was probably harsher than I was. The covers were pretty meh, the interface is very DDR-esque (not a bad thing, just kind of disorienting). Honestly, if the interface were replaced with Rock Band's highway, I think it would be much more playable. Just my two cents.

bread's done
Back