RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sp00ge']That would pause the game. ;)

I'd suggest a bucket and an understanding wife.[/QUOTE]

How many songs are in this "endless" list?

That last achievement... Is it all ur DLC and RB1 stuff too? or just RB2 stuff. As long as you don't have to play on expert, I can probably get a buddy to come over and we can switch off, but I don't know if he can handle some of the later expert songs... (if RB1 stuff is included, fucking GGAHT is gonna fuck me up real good anyway)

My guess is just the initial batch of RB2 songs. Since 85 or so songs seems more then hefty enough, especially with no pausing... Now I want that achievement.

Also with the challenges and battle of the bands constantly being updated (along with weekly DLC), this really makes me rethink getting GH:WT for awhile I got to admit.

OK, I've gone through a few pages.. which fucking city is AC/DC "Let There Be Rock" in???!!! That song alone makes the trip to get it worth it today.

I've been playing most of the day, I have around 210 stars I think. Haven't snagged the plane yet.

I was kind of surprised to see a Dylan song on there. Huge Duane-era Allman's fan.. wish there would've been more of them on there. Playing Mountain Jam alone would've ruled :)

Of course.. c'mon, just about any Bon-Scott era AC/DC would've pwned. Jailbreak, Whole Lotta Rosie, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds even. The list goes on and on.. I'm sure it'll be downloadable later. They're on a big return thing right now.. Howard Stern's interview with Angus Young and Brian Johnson was great this week.

One can only hope that the rock gods known as Led Zep lighten up just a little enough to throw a few bones on here. I'm still in shock over Tool getting on Guitar Hero.

IMHO, the tracklist takes the cake on RB1.

I think we can easily get that last achievement if we do the endless set online, if you find the right people. It would just be fucking horrible if someone got disconnected during it.

Ok, so why for a person to be a stand in do they have to be a member of the band? It kinds of defeats the purpose of a person being a "stand-in".

I put some people in as stand ins but they don't show up when I play unless they are in the band.

The challenges (I assume that's what the "late night rock band bash" was) are a really nice touch, helping to ensure that you'll always have something to do if you're just screwing around with the game. I only put an hour or so into it tonight, and I remembered why I bought the bundle in the first place a year ago. For anyone with the new drums, is it worth $80 if you've already got the original kit?

Just out of curiosity, what are some of your band names?

Renegade.

I couldn't think of a logo, so all my logo is... well, basically, it's a spider pig on fire in a glass bottle.

[quote name='JJSP']
Just out of curiosity, what are some of your band names?[/quote]

Our Saturday night band name is "Porkins & the Midnite Buffet" and my solo band name is "Cockles of Dispair"

[quote name='Scorch']Renegade.

I couldn't think of a logo, so all my logo is... well, basically, it's a spider pig on fire in a glass bottle.[/QUOTE]

I'm still kicking around some ideas for my band... the Tasty Lemon Peppered Tapeworms

Anyone tried importing the RB1 songs yet? I read the last 4 pages of the thread and didn't see anyone post about it. How does it work? How much does it cost? Do you still need the RB1 disc? Will you always need the RB1 disc?

Thanks alot, guys. Sorry if it was posted earlier.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone tried importing the RB1 songs yet? I read the last 4 pages of the thread and didn't see anyone post about it. How does it work? How much does it cost? Do you still need the RB1 disc? Will you always need the RB1 disc?

Thanks alot, guys. Sorry if it was posted earlier.[/quote]

It cost 400 MS points, all you have to do is put in RB1 and go to options, export music, and it takes you to the exporting tool. After you export the songs, you no longer need the RB1 disc.

[quote name='JJSP']Just out of curiosity, what are some of your band names?[/quote]

"Ro" is the name of my retarded roommate. The other three of us are subjected to a near-constant stream of stupidity from this guy every single day, without fail. A while ago I coined the term "Rogistics" to describe his internal thought process.

One day Ro walked in while we were watching the "Cartman's Mom is (Still) a Dirty Slut" episode of South Park, in which Cartman has to compulsively finish the lyrics to "Come Sail Away" by Styx everytime he hears it started.

Thus Rogistyx was born.

My band with my idiot friends is "Peacack Raisins & Beaver Flaps" and my personal, I actually don't remember off the top of my head. I'll put that here later when I get on or remember.

The Exits, from one of my favorite Boy Meets World episodes. Been using it in every game since GH.

So am I imagining things or did they make the body proportions make sense now? Before my character had tiny legs in comparison to his shoulders. Now he looks like a normal human being haha.

Solution for Bladder of Steel: colostomy bag.

But what I'd do is set the Xbox up in the bathroom and play sitting on the shitter. Actually you might have to play naked from the waist down so you could stand up as per usual and just sit when you need to piss/shit. Otherwise your legs are going to go numb and turn purple if you sat the entire time.

Or you could just wear diapers, or lay plastic sheeting on the floor and just piss yourself.

See, there's plenty of solutions for this incorrectly labeled "unfair" achievement.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The Exits, from one of my favorite Boy Meets World episodes. Been using it in every game since GH.

So am I imagining things or did they make the body proportions make sense now? Before my character had tiny legs in comparison to his shoulders. Now he looks like a normal human being haha.[/QUOTE]

My name in Guitar Hero was always "Mattitude". I had an inside joke as the name of my band with a friend in RB1 (Only owned the game since July 2008). "Mattitude" was taken for RB2, so I went with "Matt Youngin' It" for my solo tour. When I get together with friends for proper full band action, our choice will likely be something random and will definitely not include my name.

In other news, I was only able to play pretty late due to family obligations. I played the tour solo on guitar for 4 and 1/2 hours straight before developing some form of carpal tunnel syndrome.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The Exits, from one of my favorite Boy Meets World episodes. Been using it in every game since GH.

So am I imagining things or did they make the body proportions make sense now? Before my character had tiny legs in comparison to his shoulders. Now he looks like a normal human being haha.[/QUOTE]

That is one of my favorite episodes of one of the best shows ever. You, sir, have great taste.

The drum trainer looks freaking awesome. I'll have to try that out today.

But, thanks to the wind storm yesterday, there are people who were staying in our basement overnight. And they are still there. Where Rock Band is. All alone. Ah.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']The drum trainer looks freaking awesome. I'll have to try that out today.

But, thanks to the wind storm yesterday, there are people who were staying in our basement overnight. And they are still there. Where Rock Band is. All alone. Ah.[/quote]

I had the same issue...

[quote name='Dingleberry']I had the same issue...[/quote]

That wind storm sucked. Most of my friends didn't have power all day yesterday. I just had a few 2 minute power hickups, but I was golden. Quite nice really.

My band is called Toasty Screaming Child. And that last achievement is just disgusting, I bet I could do it, but there is nooooooooo way my fiancee and drummer could, might have to go for it solo.

Well I was lucky enough to get the only copy they had at my local Blockbuster yesterday! Got to play for a while and I'm loving it. Having exported the RB1 tracks, I was blown away just going through the song list in Quickplay and seeing how much there was to choose from. Everything shows up in the same list, they just have a "1", "2," or DLC icon in front of each song. I'm so glad they use the Music Store format for quickplay now because it looks REALLY good!

Haven't dabbled in multiplayer yet but solo tour is really fun. I like how you get to do those random setlists from time to time (and it's trippy when a song from the first game shows up in there!).[quote name='JJSP']Just out of curiosity, what are some of your band names?[/QUOTE]Right now I'm using "Pound#4#Pound," named after my recently-coined tag team wrestling name :D

I just turned on my machine to refresh my memory on my solo band name, "Napalm Sticks To Children". Hadn't even used it yet because, well my buddies were over and we had created the one I said earlier.

My band name is Father Massacre.

If I didn't unlock all the songs in RB1 (never finished it cause I thought Solo was boring), will I still import all of them into RB2 when I do it?

Does anyone know as of yet if the bonus downloadable tracks are ones selected by EA or can one just pick 20 songs of their choice? If its selected by EA has an list of what songs they are been leaked out yet? I didn't see anything in the main post for this thread so....

Oh, and thanks!

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']

But, thanks to the wind storm yesterday, there are people who were staying in our basement overnight. And they are still there. Where Rock Band is. All alone. Ah.[/QUOTE]

At least you have power.

:(

My band name: Chaotic Euphoria

[quote name='Demolition Man']Does anyone know as of yet if the bonus downloadable tracks are ones selected by EA or can one just pick 20 songs of their choice? If its selected by EA has an list of what songs they are been leaked out yet? I didn't see anything in the main post for this thread so....

Oh, and thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll be pre-selected. 20 songs of our choice would be to awesome.

I'm sure we'll get songs like Bang Camaro and stuff like that (some less popular bands), because they want us to spend space bucks on the more popular songs

So the whole "Export" thing with the RB1 tracks... it has always seemed too good to be true, and for a while everyone was waiting for the big CATCH - but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Harmonix.

Like, my first instinct was to think "how will they stop people from just exporting the tracks and then trading in the disc?" But I don't think they were worried about that at all - in fact, I think they were COUNTING on people doing that. See, I was on the fence with RB2 and GH:WT. I planned on getting both games eventually, but I wasn't really committed to getting one of them first. But that all changed when I exported my RB1 tracks and got rid of my disc - at that point I HAD to get RB2 as soon as possible, because all my songs were being held hostage on my HDD!

And now that I actually have RB2, and I've got this HUGE-ass library available without having to switch discs, I'm generally in much less of a rush to get GH:WT. In fact, I can probably just wait for a price drop at this point. Well-played, Harmonix!

I love Blockbuster. After unloading all my RB1 instruments to some Craigslist guy for $70, I stopped in a random Blockbuster in the area, gave them my Rock Band for $32, and picked up their only copy of Rock Band 2 with some of the money I just got for the instruments.

I must say, RB2 gives me the same fuzzy feeling that RB1 gave me when I first got it. My only complaint is that none of the girl faces in the game look like my girlfriend's, so we had to settle to a basic match. Cheers to Harmonix for including Hyperspeed this time around, I love that shit.

As for band names, mine is LOLWUT?. It makes me laugh when I see the name plastered on the stage or on my tour bus.

Bah....my whammy bar just broke, heard something snap inside. I believe the springs broke. Anyone know if EA will replace it? (lol). I tried the rock band support site, but it did not have the option for a broken whammy bar.

--edit--

nm, called ea support. Guess I will be getting a replacement guitar. They said they are doing open warranties now until Oct 1, 2008. That means you won't need a receipt to determine proof of purchase and 60 days of hardware warranty until Oct 1. Guess I lucked out since, I don't know where my receipt is and it is most definitely passed 60 days since I had RB. w00t!

Last edited by a moderator:
since we are sharing band names...

I'm Dongzilla spelled...

[)ongzilla

I couldn't show up on the leader boards and the like with it spelled with a "D".

[quote name='Vulcan2422']So this is a dumb question BUT, Where the heck is Jukebox mode?[/QUOTE]

Under Options and Modify Game

These are the Modes I have

No Fail
Breakneck Speed
Select Venue
Performance Mode
Unlock All Songs
New Venues Only
Stage Mode
Awesomeness Detection

So yeah, I truly hope they didn't Ax Jukebox mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back