RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry in advance because I know this was going on like two weeks ago but I don't have a blockbuster around me...I'm going out of town this weekend and was wondering if Blockbuster still gave the $32 or whatever for rockband 1...or did I miss out?

[quote name='mykevermin']$20 though!?!?!

They think they're Activision or somethin'?[/quote]

The Pixies album was 80 points less and it had one less song.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']You guys stink.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic >>>>>>>>>> all other RHCP[/quote]

This.

I am happily paying my money for this.

Hmm, $1.00 $1.25 a song is a great price and really tempting but I don't know if I want to spend 1600 points all at once. I'll have to give BSSM a listen and see what songs I would really be interested in. If I want 5 or 6 of them or more I will probably just get the album.

Glad Harmonix was able to offer the album at a great price. I was concerned it would cost $30 based on average prices.

EDIT: I wonder how they are going to handle the curses?

EDIT2: Wow, its been a long day. I originally price it at $1 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just three tracks for me. Breaking the Girl, Suck My Kiss and the title track. Then I'll be able to play a RHCP Tour Challenge.

Is there a quick and easy way to just play through an album as a setlist? Or would you just have to pick the tracks manually every time? It would be cool if one of those "challenges" popped up when you downloaded an album... so like, you would pick the "Blood Sugar Sex Magik challenge" and then you are conveniently presented with all the album tracks in sequence as a setlist.

I think when you highlight the album title on the list a little thing appears that says (Play Entire Album) or something.

If that helps.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is there a quick and easy way to just play through an album as a setlist? Or would you just have to pick the tracks manually every time? It would be cool if one of those "challenges" popped up when you downloaded an album... so like, you would pick the "Blood Sugar Sex Magik challenge" and then you are conveniently presented with all the album tracks in sequence as a setlist.[/QUOTE]

This is my dream if this happens this game will last forever, will until next year when Rock Band 3 comes out and we bring all of our songs into Rock Band 3.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Sorry in advance because I know this was going on like two weeks ago but I don't have a blockbuster around me...I'm going out of town this weekend and was wondering if Blockbuster still gave the $32 or whatever for rockband 1...or did I miss out?[/QUOTE]
You missed out. The :360: version is down to $16.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is there a quick and easy way to just play through an album as a setlist? Or would you just have to pick the tracks manually every time? It would be cool if one of those "challenges" popped up when you downloaded an album... so like, you would pick the "Blood Sugar Sex Magik challenge" and then you are conveniently presented with all the album tracks in sequence as a setlist.[/QUOTE]
Like 007 said, this option is in quickplay. And I'm pretty sure there are already several album/song pack challenges in the mix. It's impossible to find the one you want, though...

I can't stand RHCP. The songs are just so hollow and terrible. Basically it goes like this:

OOOoooo flap jack scissor elephantitis
baby baby california dont know camera book
ooooo speaker on my liver swimming pool jello
baby california ohhhh california
(bass solo)
alfredo on the 6th date baby
internet the smell of a love motor
ooooo baby california
(bass solo)
end

can we get some primus?

[quote name='Irukandji']

(bass solo)
ooooo baby california
(bass solo)
end

[/quote]

lulz

i am pissed that there has been no Breaking Benjamin yet

[quote name='Logg']Primus now there is a band.[/QUOTE]

This post is so full of win, I can't even explain it. I would buy every single Primus song if I could. At least give me DMV. Its very odd there isn't more Primus since they were one of the first bands to give up their master recording to Guitar Hero.

[quote name='Irukandji']I can't stand RHCP. The songs are just so hollow and terrible. Basically it goes like this:

(bass solo)
ooooo baby california
(bass solo)
end
[/quote]
Mike Patton, is that you???
[youtube]pdHrGLkFG6U[/youtube]

edit: I'll undoubtedly get at least a few of the songs, since BSSM was a decent RHCP album. However, I have to agree with the complaints about RHCP in general.

Also, Primus sucks! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Every RHCP since BSSM besides One Hot Minute is vastly superior to BSSM. I really hate when they do stupid-ass funk shit. They're song writing and melodic sense have always been better than their ability to be funky.

[quote name='evanft']Every RHCP since BSSM besides One Hot Minute is vastly superior to BSSM. I really hate when they do stupid-ass funk shit. They're song writing and melodic sense have always been better than their ability to be funky.[/quote]Wrong.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Wrong.[/QUOTE]

This.

That was all they did before Californication in 1999, when they suddenly decided to be all pop-rocky.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Wrong.[/quote]

Nope. They've funky/rappy songs were always their weakest, and when they dumped them in favor of song writing and melody, they became a much more interesting band.

Seriously, almost any of the singles on Californication is better than practically every song they released before that album.

[quote name='Matt Young']This.

That was all they did before Californication in 1999, when they suddenly decided to be all pop-rocky.[/quote]

Ya know what they mostly did before Californication? Suck complete shit on 5/6 of the albums they released.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Mike Patton, is that you???
[youtube]pdHrGLkFG6U[/youtube]

edit: I'll undoubtedly get at least a few of the songs, since BSSM was a decent RHCP album. However, I have to agree with the complaints about RHCP in general.

Also, Primus sucks! ;)[/quote]

haha. nope i'm not patton but i do like some of his work. random fact: mike patton did the snarling and growling for GLaDOS at the end of portal. i know i probably shouldn't make fun of them so bad but there aren't enough people doing it. they were one of the bands i grew up with that everybody liked except me and i got into plenty of arguments over it. it's funny how ignorant most 13 year olds are about music. if any RHCP lovers out there want to make fun of me for liking pop music with shallow lyrics you'll be thrilled to know i'm a huge prince fan. i think i can find more prince songs that would fit better for rock band than rhcp songs. of course if you have a full band you need somebody who can sing at off the chart difficulty. :)

I know the Rock Band 2 instruments are supposed to be fully compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour, but are the new RB2 guitars backward compatible with Guitar Hero 2, 3, and Aerosmith for 360?

[quote name='Irukandji']if any RHCP lovers out there want to make fun of me for liking pop music with shallow lyrics you'll be thrilled to know i'm a huge prince fan. i think i can find more prince songs that would fit better for rock band than rhcp songs. of course if you have a full band you need somebody who can sing at off the chart difficulty. :)[/QUOTE]

Prince in Rock Band would bring about an Apocalypse of awesomeness!

So alot of the songs seem insanly overpriced at about $2 a pop. But there are some that are packs that are more reasonably priced and others that are just like 80 points a song. Which Rockband tracks that are discounted price do you guys feel are the best, and which track packs do you feel have the most bang for the buck?

After playing Mountain Song numerous times in Rock Band 2, I wouldn't mind Harmonix throwing in a "Jane's Addiction Pack" one week. Although they're not my favorite band, and their lead singer is questionable, I think some of their hits would be fun to play - especially Jane Says (for vocals), Been Caught Stealing (for bass), Just Because (for guitar), and Stop.

...but maybe that's just me :cool:

[quote name='MSI Magus']So alot of the songs seem insanly overpriced at about $2 a pop. But there are some that are packs that are more reasonably priced and others that are just like 80 points a song. Which Rockband tracks that are discounted price do you guys feel are the best, and which track packs do you feel have the most bang for the buck?[/quote]

considering that guitar hero songs were even more expensive and you had to buy 3 at a time it's not that bad. as far as rock band goes, it all depends on what your into. if you really dig a band or if you catch something on sale it makes a big difference. i thought the roadrunner track pack was great when the songs were a buck a pop. i probably wouldn't have paid 2 for each of them though. on the other end of the stick, i love the who so i have no problem buying a greatest hits album for 20 bucks. if you want stuff thats balanced for the band, interesting, challenging, and worth the price then i suggest a few songs from the who, a few from megadeath, a few from the greatfull dead, and a few from rush. just don't download baba o'riley. great song for listening, terrible song for playing.

I'm definately getting "Under the Bridge" but like others I'm going to have to pull out my cd and listen to the whole thing before I decide.

Now if they were offering Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime for that amount Id buy the whole thing without thinking about it, but anything else I have to pick and choose.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the RHCP content, I mean they need to give something to the bass players out there, it gets boring being stuck on that thing for about an hour while everyone else is enjoying themselves haha...
Speaking of some bass action, I still don't know why we haven't seen any Clutch yet, I'm holding out hope on seeing Big News 1+2 as one track, I'll pay 5 bucks if I have to...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I don't know why everyone is complaining about the RHCP content, I mean they need to give something to the bass players out there, it gets boring being stuck on that thing for about an hour while everyone else is enjoying themselves haha...
Speaking of some bass action, I still don't know why we haven't seen any Clutch yet, I'm holding out hope on seeing Big News 1+2 as one track, I'll pay 5 bucks if I have to...
-Goatman[/quote]

of course we need bass action. we were just talking about primus.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']After playing Mountain Song numerous times in Rock Band 2, I wouldn't mind Harmonix throwing in a "Jane's Addiction Pack" one week. Although they're not my favorite band, and their lead singer is questionable, I think some of their hits would be fun to play - especially Jane Says (for vocals), Been Caught Stealing (for bass), Just Because (for guitar), and Stop.

...but maybe that's just me :cool:[/quote]

If I'm remembering correctly, we're getting Nothing's Shocking as an album download at some point.

I hope that's indicative that we may get more.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Finally got that road dog achievement.[/quote]

I got it last night, took me forever combing through all the venues. Every time I thought I had done the last one turned out there was another venue for me to do! :bomb:

I just made an attempt at beating visions on guitar and bass, and that song is a straight up piece of shit.

It's such a bad song that beating isn't something I care to put effort into.

Harmonix needs to keep crap like that as DLC.

The fact that this one song alone will prevent so many people from beating the endless set list on expert, or just the Harmonix set list for that matter, is a shame.

I have no problem with hard songs, but this is a bad kind of hard it seems.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I don't know why everyone is complaining about the RHCP content, I mean they need to give something to the bass players out there, it gets boring being stuck on that thing for about an hour while everyone else is enjoying themselves haha...
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

I definetly agree that we bassists need some more interesting songs, and like the others have said, that's why we need Primus. :) Seriously, I'm cool with RHCP stuff, cause I don't have to download it. I just wish my Foo Fighters album would show up soon... oh, and Primus. Or maybe even Cake...

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I just made an attempt at beating visions on guitar and bass, and that song is a straight up piece of shit.

It's such a bad song that beating isn't something I care to put effort into.

Harmonix needs to keep crap like that as DLC.

The fact that this one song alone will prevent so many people from beating the endless set list on expert, or just the Harmonix set list for that matter, is a shame.

I have no problem with hard songs, but this is a bad kind of hard it seems.[/quote]

I'm one of those people, unfortunately. I can't even beat it on hard, and I like to think I'm decent at the game.

[quote name='Irukandji']considering that guitar hero songs were even more expensive and you had to buy 3 at a time it's not that bad. as far as rock band goes, it all depends on what your into. if you really dig a band or if you catch something on sale it makes a big difference. i thought the roadrunner track pack was great when the songs were a buck a pop. i probably wouldn't have paid 2 for each of them though. on the other end of the stick, i love the who so i have no problem buying a greatest hits album for 20 bucks. if you want stuff thats balanced for the band, interesting, challenging, and worth the price then i suggest a few songs from the who, a few from megadeath, a few from the greatfull dead, and a few from rush. just don't download baba o'riley. great song for listening, terrible song for playing.[/QUOTE]

I am so tired of hearing how GH costing more justified or makes RB some kind of bargain. As I have said a million times getting raped up the ass by Harmonix slightly smaller dick is still getting raped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back