RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='modium']Good games, CouRageouS. Sorry about the couple failures, though the Spoonman one was pretty epic. "SpooOOOOnMaAAaaaaAahh fuck it." I'm getting a cold, so my stamina is pretty shot, we'll do the other stuff very soon, since it was a blast :lol:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the cheese. I'm surprised you didn't get the Along for the Ride achievement. I got it when I did the Impossible Bass and my friend was playing bass so maybe it requires you to not play the main instrument? We could do Impossible guitar and I'll do guitar later on. I feel bad I'm the only one who got the cheese.

I just did a band battle and thought I was gonna come out on top, haha. I Everyone had like 18.12 stars and I was thinking to myself "Wow, no one can 5 star all of them? They suck!" I went into it thinking it was a 4 song set :lol:

Can someone explain these battles to me though? This is my second one and I keep getting matched up against "No One Can Beat This Score". Is that a generic band that everyone battles?

[quote name='lolwut?']I just did a band battle and thought I was gonna come out on top, haha. I Everyone had like 18.12 stars and I was thinking to myself "Wow, no one can 5 star all of them? They suck!" I went into it thinking it was a 4 song set :lol:

Can someone explain these battles to me though? This is my second one and I keep getting matched up against "No One Can Beat This Score". Is that a generic band that everyone battles?[/QUOTE]

thats the person with the lowest score for that battle on your friends list.

[quote name='modium']Good games, CouRageouS. Sorry about the couple failures, though the Spoonman one was pretty epic. "SpooOOOOnMaAAaaaaAahh fuck it." I'm getting a cold, so my stamina is pretty shot, we'll do the other stuff very soon, since it was a blast :lol:
Visions is in the Endless Setlist 2, all 84 on-disc songs are.[/quote]

Would you be willing to help me get the vox/drums achievements sometime? I'm in no rush or anything. I can pass everything on guitar well enough but I cant do vox/drums at all =/

Is there a list anywhere of what exactly all the managers/staff/whatever you call 'em do? I'd like to know what exactly each one's function is so I know what the best one is to hire.

Its more or less just more fans or money and I'd imagine the ones you unlock later do so to a higher degree. Then a couple of them probably open up venues faster. Its likely not that big of a difference between them all, at least I haven't noticed it.

Once you get the million fans achievement you'll pretty much just want whoever gives the most money so you can spend $100k in the store for the other achievement.

I was using the stylist guy that cost money but gave fans because I much prefer fans to money.

I switched to the publicist and I get a lot of special events- unfortunately I've been getting mostly the Hot Topic one. However, it definitely seems worth it since there's a chance you could get the double fan event which is much better than using the manager that gives extra fans.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Is there a cap on the number of fans you can earn, like in RB1?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so but I'm playing expert so someone may have to correct me.

I gotta say though after you get the bigger arenas, you get an insane number of fans. Especially after you hit a million the numbers are huge.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I don't think so but I'm playing expert so someone may have to correct me.

I gotta say though after you get the bigger arenas, you get an insane number of fans. Especially after you hit a million the numbers are huge.[/quote]

Yeah, there's a cap for medium and hard for fans.

Stiil? I would have thought they would have took it out. I was playing hard drums myself yesterday and was still getting fans, I'm way over a mill though so maybe after that point the cap is gone.

[quote name='Rocko']Is there a list anywhere of what exactly all the managers/staff/whatever you call 'em do? I'd like to know what exactly each one's function is so I know what the best one is to hire.[/QUOTE]

I've done a quick search and it seems no one has the exact numbers. I'm gunna try to sit down and 5 star a single song with every manager i have available and see what the differences are.

Well I started with a song I knew I would be able to 5 star every time and could listen to more than twice in a row. Lump on World Tour on Expert guitar (already got 5 star on it previously). Here are the results:

Lump 5 Star

Code:
Manager                         Cash    Fans      
Mom                             25      5,000
Jason & Sara                      25      5,000
Bob Picunko                      25      4,000

It seemed like nothing was changing at the difficulty of the song so I went to find another song I could play more than twice in a row and not get sick of. Chop Suey was a bit hard for me the first few times and I really like the song so I decided to do that @ 4 stars.

Code:
Manager               Cash    Fans
Mom                   100     6,000
Jason & Sarah         100     6,000
Trevor Dent           104    6,000
Ben Goldstien         100    9,000
Jamie Divine          84     7,000
Bob Pickunko          112    5,000

Now it's obvious what the bonuses the two cash giving managers give. Trevor gives a flat +4% cash bonus while Bob gives +12% at a cost of fans. Jamie Divine takes away -16% cash. Ben Goldstien gave me a 50% increase in fans, however i'm not sure if he will switch back and forth from cash to fans or just stick with fans.

However, it's hard for me to tell what is going on with the fan bases. Maybe someone who can 5 star the impossible songs can play through them a few times with the fan managers and see what you get? I think there is some sort of cutoff levels for the bonuses, such as, your base cash/fan must be at least X before any bonus will be given.

Last edited by a moderator:
so ya I went all the way through endless setlist 2, got to visions, and am fucked. I was really being ignorant and just kept saying we'll beat it when we get there, we'll play it 20 times and get it figured out, but no it will never happen.

And part of me just feels like I wasted the last 7 hours of my life, playing all the way through and get to song 82 out of 84 and not being able to beat it.

[quote name='TrenoV']Would you be willing to help me get the vox/drums achievements sometime? I'm in no rush or anything. I can pass everything on guitar well enough but I cant do vox/drums at all =/[/quote]Sure thing! I'll send you a friend request now, we'll knock it out sometime soon.

I am dismayed at the lack of Kasabian love from everyone.

Bought Kasabian and Hot Hot Heat... holding off on Bad Religion just for a little while because I spent like 2000 points buying other songs I'd been putting off for awhile.

[quote name='modium']Sure thing! I'll send you a friend request now, we'll knock it out sometime soon.[/quote]

Sweet thanks.

Just finished the Endless Setlist 2 on expert guitar without failing or pausing. It wasn't too bad for me but my hands are sore from those last few songs! Took me about 6 hours. I'll probably work on the Impossible Drum and Band challenges in the afternoon.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, you need to have the 400 points to be able to do it.[/quote]

could I just rent rockband 1 and export all the songs to rockband 2 without even unlocking all the songs???

[quote name='dipset121']could I just rent rockband 1 and export all the songs to rockband 2 without even unlocking all the songs???[/QUOTE]

yep, you can do that.

[quote name='dipset121']could I just rent rockband 1 and export all the songs to rockband 2 without even unlocking all the songs???[/QUOTE]yup... seems to good to be true, but that's how it works!

Of course, for everyone who does the export and then gets rid of their RB1 disc, that's pretty much a guaranteed sale for RB2. Otherwise you'd have all those songs just sitting on your hard drive with no way to play them. But hey I don't really care what EA's motivations are, because the export is an awesome deal. Everybody wins! Just wait until you see your massive library the first time you try Quickplay in RB2.

What does everyone think of the newer guitar? I like it a lot better but I'm not sure if it's the position of how I hold the guitar but at times it seems it still has a slight mind of it's own.

[quote name='deszaras']What does everyone think of the newer guitar? I like it a lot better but I'm not sure if it's the position of how I hold the guitar but at times it seems it still has a slight mind of it's own.[/quote]
If you're talking about the Rock Band 2 Strat, I finally gave it a shot yesterday and was ALOT more surprised. There is NO squishy feeling, instead alot more loose the lag calibration helps alot on HD and the fret buttons for some reason I didn't get as lost on as I did with RB1 Strat. Also hooking it up to the bass pedal so you can step on it to do overdrive is alot of fun. Though other then that there's a small guard around the start button, but I was still able to accidentally press pause during one of the songs and the effects changer I think still gets in the way with it being right next to the strum bar. It's a BIG improvement over the things that really matter, but still has a bit of nagging problems.

[quote name='deadite76']Chilli Peppers next week! No tracks listed yet.:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85612[/quote]

icon1.gif
DLC Week of 9/30 Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hey everybody,

We're proud to announce next week's content for DLC - Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album. One track, Give It Away is available on the disc of Rock Band 2.

Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Power of Equality
If You Have to Ask
Breaking the Girl
Funky Monks
Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Mellowship Slinky in B Major
The Righteous & The Wicked
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Under the Bridge
Naked in the Rain
Apache Rose Peacock
The Greeting Song
My Lovely Man
Sir Psycho Sexy
They're Red Hot

The full album of Blood Sugar Sex Magik will be available for $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points). Each track will also be available for $1.99 individually (160 Microsoft Points). The album will be available on Tuesday, September 30th on Xbox 360, and Thursday, October 2nd on PS3.

To bad that so far for me at least RHCP has been lame to play. But either way I have to get Under the Bridge, Suck my Kiss at least.

[quote name='Logg']To bad that so far for me at least RHCP has been lame to play. But either way I have to get Under the Bridge, Suck my Kiss at least.[/quote]

"Breaking the Girl" will be fun on the drums.

Yay for RHCP! Really wish they'd release both discs off Stadium Arcadium though. fucking love the album!!!

I planned on buying the DLC album, but probably won't for 3 reasons:

1) It's a little steep and I think I'm 160 MS points short since I activated a 1600 point card and bought a song last week. :bomb: Hmmmm I may just pick and choose a few songs after I listen to it.

2) I just remembered that I have only 1 GB left on my 20 GB HD. I REALLY need an upgrade.

3) My main instrument is drums and my pedal broke almost 2 weeks ago. I sent for a Fast Replacement from EA and it was "delivered" on Tuesday according to UPS. The package was nowhere to be found so I filed a claim and have to fucking wait for them to investigate. Anyone know how long this usually takes? I can't really check any details because I'm not the sender and therefore I'm totally in the dark here. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: PLEASE HELP!!!

I appreciate the full album downloads, but I once again find myself only really feeling the need to spend the points for a few songs.

It's going to have to be one hell of an album for me to drop points for the entire thing.

Their new albums are great as well, but I thought the general consensus was that BSSM was their best album. I guess that isn't the case in the Rock Band thread.

I'll probably listen to the album over the weekend a few times to decide if I want the whole thing or just a few songs.

We're proud to announce next week's content for DLC - Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album. One track, Give It Away is available on the disc of Rock Band 2.

I wondered how they'd handle this situation for people with RB1 only. It looks like they're just going to get screwed out of the on disc songs that overlap albums. With the Pixies album it made sense because (at the time) you had to have RB1 to play and thus already had access to the song.

It'd be nice if either these would be included in an album purchase at no additional cost or available for single purchase.

As far as vocals go, I'm really looking forward to "If You Have To Ask" and of course "Under The Bridge." My friends shall be subjected to many obnoxious renditions of those by yours truly, that's for sure.

[quote name='jigsawhc']I'll probably listen to the album over the weekend a few times to decide if I want the whole thing or just a few songs.[/QUOTE]
I'll be going the same. I do think its fun to play a set thats just a single band every now and then but its a hefty price when I will likely only enjoy a few tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back