RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me why Harmonix is giving us the whole singles album minus 2 songs? I mean why not just throw in the other two and call in an album and not a pack? Just like the Boston "pack" they released. They gave us Foreplay/Longtime in RB1 and then gave us every other song that was on their first album except for "Let Me Take You Home Tonight".

Hey guys! I have a question. Has anyone else used the GHWT guitar in RB 2 yet? I bought GHWT from Amazon the other day when it was on sale, mostly so I could use the guitar in RB2. Well, I got it today and I can't use it in the tour mode because the start button doesn't seem to work. I can use it in quick play because you don't have to push start. Is this a compatibility issue or do you think my start button is busted? Just wanted to know if anybody else had trouble with this before I returned the game. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Can someone please tell me why Harmonix is giving us the whole singles album minus 2 songs? I mean why not just throw in the other two and call in an album and not a pack? Just like the Boston "pack" they released. They gave us Foreplay/Longtime in RB1 and then gave us every other song that was on their first album except for "Let Me Take You Home Tonight".[/QUOTE]

One of the songs on the album is a cover tune, so that's almost guaranteed not to make it. We're 500 songs in and we've yet to have an 'official' cover tune from a real artist.

There was a legitimate reason for the Boston tune to be missing but the reason escapes me at the moment. Missing master, maybe?

[quote name='buttasuperb']Rust In Peace slaughters that album and any other with ease.[/quote]
It doesn't "slaughter" anything. That said, it is a pretty awesome album and I'd buy it in a heartbeat...just like I would with the first 5 Metallica albums...or hell, any Metallica album minus St. Anger. Some are obviously better than others, but it's all worth playing.

[quote name='Corvin']One of the songs on the album is a cover tune, so that's almost guaranteed not to make it. We're 500 songs in and we've yet to have an 'official' cover tune from a real artist.
[/QUOTE]

Except for the Clash cover of "I Fought the Law" of course.

In addition, Train Kept A-Rollin', Hard to Handle, Hanging on the Telephone, Summertime Blues, I Ain't Superstitious and They're Red Hot are all covers. Maybe more that I can't remember right now.

Yeah I don't think there's any "rule" against covers per se... I imagine they just tend to be more difficult to license.
I'd love to get Orgy's version of "Blue Monday"!

[quote name='blair2100']Hey guys! I have a question. Has anyone else used the GHWT guitar in RB 2 yet? I bought GHWT from Amazon the other day when it was on sale, mostly so I could use the guitar in RB2. Well, I got it today and I can't use it in the tour mode because the start button doesn't seem to work. I can use it in quick play because you don't have to push start. Is this a compatibility issue or do you think my start button is busted? Just wanted to know if anybody else had trouble with this before I returned the game. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

ive had zero problems with the ghwt guitar on rb2

its too bad its new CoB... ill probably download it anyway for 80 points

stupid question i know, but im not too familiar with all this rock band stuff, do the original rock band instruments work with Rock Band 2 perfectly? as in i dont need anything from rock band 2.

[quote name='AshesofWake']stupid question i know, but im not too familiar with all this rock band stuff, do the original rock band instruments work with Rock Band 2 perfectly? as in i dont need anything from rock band 2.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'd take Hoobastank...anything from their first or 2nd album...Crawling In the Dark or Spinning Out Of Control would be sweet![/QUOTE]
That first album was rad. Radio played the hell out of it, but there were some solid songs on there.

As far as the No Doubt pack goes, I'm shocked they kept "Underneath It All".

maxconsole has an article saying the Lips microphones will be enabled to work in rock band 2 soon. i might have to look into getting those. will make for better thrashing whilst singing with no wires.

[quote name='blair2100']Hey guys! I have a question. Has anyone else used the GHWT guitar in RB 2 yet? I bought GHWT from Amazon the other day when it was on sale, mostly so I could use the guitar in RB2. Well, I got it today and I can't use it in the tour mode because the start button doesn't seem to work. I can use it in quick play because you don't have to push start. Is this a compatibility issue or do you think my start button is busted? Just wanted to know if anybody else had trouble with this before I returned the game. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to sound mean, but do you know where the start button is? There are two of them on both sides of the big select button/star power activator button.

I hope it ends up working for you, I really like my GHWT guitar...once I got the squeaking strum bar fixed.

[quote name='YourFace']Just heard Spiderwebs for the first time. Definitely a download when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

so youre like... 8 yeras old?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']so youre like... 8 yeras old?[/quote]

or just doesn't listen to that genre of music? Seriously, I don't know any of these songs by No Doubt, and after listening to them I still don't like them. :lol: Just not to my tastes.

[quote name='emdub']Except for the Clash cover of "I Fought the Law" of course.[/quote]

which they don't list as a cover, which is bullshit.

Definitely getting Just A Girl and a few other ones. What those ones are will probably depend on how good the guitar charts are.

[quote name='DestroVega']what songs from the album won't be up for download?[/quote]
"Trapped In A Box" and "New", I believe. I'll probably buy most, if not all, of this pack.

This is the first pack where I'll get all of them.

Guess I'll have to change singers when I'm playing single guitar, though... still not quite okay with the whole guy singer/chick voice issue. I wish there was actually a way to change that, so that with the stand-ins you could choose two for the singer which would change depending on the gender on the track itself. Little too much work for a small issue, I suppose.

Any official reason given for the No Doubt song omissions? Some sort of legal red-tape regarding the soundtrack that "New" originally appeared on, maybe?

I think I'm going to buy the entire No Doubt pack. They are well known songs that should go over well when I have friends over. It sucks that "New" is missing. That's like my favorite No Doubt track.

I'm only going to be buying Hella Good because for me it kinda feels awkward going a week without any new DLC. Though maybe should hold off since week after it's (FINALLY) Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jane's Addiction.

[quote name='lordwow']It sucks New is missing.[/QUOTE]
I'd definitely buy that song.

I wouldn't mind having just about all the songs but Spiderwebs, Excuse Me Mr., Sunday Morning, and Bathwater are musts. I'm willing to be these are going to be a lot of fun to play.

[quote name='Brak']Need... more... Interpol! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I finally started GH:WT this week and got to the Interpol song... and let's just say, between that song and the one in RB2, I never want to see another song by them again in these games. :lol: I know everyone has their own tastes but damn their songs are dreadfully monotonous.

As for the No Doubt omissions, can anyone say Rock Band 3?

[quote name='Brak']I'd definitely buy that song.[/QUOTE]

Ya, New is my favorite No Doubt song, and is perfect for RB. Lame it's missing.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Are you dead yet is fun as fuck to play on guitar and drums and my roommates hate COB, but we ended up playing it five times last night lol.[/quote]

I totally bought this song because of your post.

I found it to be extremely average on drums.

Gwen Stefani is easily in the top 5 of my most-disliked list in the music realm. I may be strongarmed into one or two songs by an outside source.

Weird weeks lately with the Nickelodeon stuff, the No Doubt stuff, and country on the way.

[quote name='buttasuperb']It slaughters everything.[/QUOTE]
Time to expand out of that little box you're living in.

[quote name='KaneRobot']

Time to expand out of that little box you're living in.[/QUOTE]

Says the man who groups No Doubt with Nickelodeon and Country music.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, New is my favorite No Doubt song, and is perfect for RB. Lame it's missing.[/quote]

Seriously. If I had to cut anything, it'd be "Running". I'm still gonna grab the track pack, though. Woo, "Sunday Morning"!

[quote name='Trakan']I'd be willing to bet "New" is on the RB3 setlist.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that was also said about Pork and Beans back when they came out with the weezer pack. I will be getting the whole pack tomorrow, for the wife of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back