RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does everyone need to validate their buying of No Doubt as being "for the woman" or "fun when friends are around"

Those hits stack up right with a lot of other bands as being pretty awesome music... there doesn't need to be an * next to your purchase

December 16

Country Pack (680
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
/ $8.49)
  • Brad Paisley - "Mud on the Tires" (160
    / $2)
  • Brooks & Dunn - "Hillbilly Deluxe" (160
    / $2)
  • Dierks Bentley - "Free & Easy (Down the Road I Go)" (160
    / $2)
  • Dixie Chicks - "Sin Wagon" (160
    / $2)
  • Miranda Lambert - "Gunpowder & Lead" (160
    / $2)
For all you Country lovers out there.

I do like these artists (minus Dixie Chicks), however, the only song I'll be picking up that week is Gunpowder & Lead. Maybe Brad Paisley.

Not sure what I will pick up on the Country pack. I like some songs from a few of those artists but am not familiar enough with them to know the songs.

Also just discovered this band and would love to see some of their stuff in Rock Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN57SsrZeQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltV-3IuDa8&feature=related

I think they are a very good example of how screaming CAN be done musically and effectively. I have been a critic of some of the death metal and screaming shit certain people here listen and said some bands can scream and not have it just be noise. Think these guys show that. They scream but they sing too and they blend everything together with a harmony of sorts vs just standing on the stage guttural screaming like a wounded animal.

Rise against who already has a song in the game is another good example of screamers that actually have musical talent and would love to see tons of their stuff like the song below in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I4nNj1r4uQ

On a seperate note(though they have some screaming songs)I am really suprised and dissapointed how long it has taken for Taking Back Sunday to get into a music game. I think they are just an amazing band with a lot of songs that would translate great to Rock Band. 2 great singers, great drummer and guitarist aint bad either. They also have enough popularity that they would sell tracks but probably not cost an insane amount of money to buy rights to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JduO4OGZKY8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6I25ByB7hE&feature=related

Sorry for all the vids. Just kinda rolled with the topic and was kind of bored.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I think they are a very good example of how screaming CAN be done musically and effectively. I have been a critic of some of the death metal and screaming shit certain people here listen and said some bands can scream and not have it just be noise. Think these guys show that. They scream but they sing too and they blend everything together with a harmony of sorts vs just standing on the stage guttural screaming like a wounded animal.[/quote]

Underoath already IS in Rock Band.

P.S. They kick ass live.

[quote name='lolwut?']Underoath already IS in Rock Band.

P.S. They kick ass live.[/QUOTE]

What song? I have never noticed it? Was it on Rock Band 1?

[quote name='MSI Magus']What song? I have never noticed it? Was it on Rock Band 1?[/quote]

"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath

It's in the 20 free song pack. I went back a few pages to see if you were one of the people bashing the 20 free songs and refusing to download, but you weren't.

lol @ you never seeing it

[quote name='M1C13']Yeah, but that was also said about Pork and Beans back when they came out with the weezer pack.[/quote]

And, um...did something happen to disprove that?

[quote name='lolwut?']"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath

It's in the 20 free song pack. I went back a few pages to see if you were one of the people bashing the 20 free songs and refusing to download, but you weren't.

lol @ you never seeing it[/QUOTE]

I have had so much to play, lots of shopping a relative die and just craziness in general recently. Then there is the fact that my 360 red ringed about a week or so ago. So in the few weeks that that packs been out Iv only gotten to play Rock Band a hand full of times and the handfull I have has been spent trying to finish the game(havnt even beat tour mode yet).

[quote name='Costa']How do I DL the RB songs into RB2, where do I go to do this om XBL?[/quote]

You do it from the Rock Band 1 game menu

[quote name='MSI Magus']I have had so much to play, lots of shopping a relative die and just craziness in general recently. Then there is the fact that my 360 red ringed about a week or so ago. So in the few weeks that that packs been out Iv only gotten to play Rock Band a hand full of times and the handfull I have has been spent trying to finish the game(havnt even beat tour mode yet).[/quote]

Ouch, sorry to hear that bro. I dunno, I usually know everything that I'm downloading, and when I play World Tour, most of it is Make A Setlist

[quote name='slickkill77']You need to have RB 1.

Rb needs more Avenged Sevenfold. They also need to put Atreyu in (Doomsday, Becoming the bull, Slowburn...)[/quote]

Aren't there like 3 Avenged songs already? And Atreyu is in...

[quote name='MSI Magus']I have had so much to play, lots of shopping a relative die and just craziness in general recently. Then there is the fact that my 360 red ringed about a week or so ago. So in the few weeks that that packs been out Iv only gotten to play Rock Band a hand full of times and the handfull I have has been spent trying to finish the game(havnt even beat tour mode yet).[/quote]

Ouch, sorry to hear that bro. I dunno, I usually know everything that I'm downloading, and when I play World Tour, most of it is Make A Setlist

[quote name='Costa']How do I DL the RB songs into RB2, where do I go to do this om XBL?[/quote]

You need to have RB 1.

Rb needs more Avenged Sevenfold. They also need to put Atreyu in (Doomsday, Becoming the bull, Slowburn...)

[quote name='lolwut?']You do it from the Rock Band 1 game menu

Aren't there like 3 Avenged songs already? And Atreyu is in...[/QUOTE]

Well I usually research the songs I download but if its a free pack dont feel much need to ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']looks like the Foo album didn't sell well...[/quote]
Then the Halo Legendary Map Pack didn't sell well either according to this and I seriously doubt that as well...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']And, um...did something happen to disprove that?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Rock Band 2 came out without Pork and Beans on it. ;)

The Weezer Pack came out right around when the new album came out IIRC, so people assumed Pork and Beans would ship on the RB2 disc.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Holy shit does Underoath suck giant fucking balls.

I hope to the almighty god that there is no more of this tripe in the game EVER AGAIN.[/quote]

You = Fail

[quote name='DestroVega']why does everyone need to validate their buying of No Doubt as being "for the woman" or "fun when friends are around"

Those hits stack up right with a lot of other bands as being pretty awesome music... there doesn't need to be an * next to your purchase[/QUOTE]

All I know is it will be kinda fun singing Just a girl.

[quote name='DestroVega']why does everyone need to validate their buying of No Doubt as being "for the woman" or "fun when friends are around"

Those hits stack up right with a lot of other bands as being pretty awesome music... there doesn't need to be an * next to your purchase[/QUOTE]
Well actually it is for the wife she has been asking about this pack for over a month, not saying it is just for her, I was a huge no doubt fan, still got them on my ipod.

[quote name='bardockkun']Then the Halo Legendary Map Pack didn't sell well either according to this and I seriously doubt that as well...[/QUOTE]
I would say it is more like the platinum hits of DLC, the stuff that is selling so well that they don't have to worry about discounting it because most people already have it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yes. Rock Band 2 came out without Pork and Beans on it. ;)

The Weezer Pack came out right around when the new album came out IIRC, so people assumed Pork and Beans would ship on the RB2 disc.[/quote]

After buying that CD I don't understand why Pork and Beans was the first and only single to come off the album.

The songs that we got in the pack are leaps and bounds better than Pork and Beans.

I would personally like to see Heart Songs and Pig as DLC. Cold Dark World would be sweet too.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']After buying that CD I don't understand why Pork and Beans was the first and only single to come off the album[/quote]

it isn't... Troublemaker video is out and that's the second single...

Greatest Man Who Ever Lived should follow.

[quote name='bardockkun']These days about 5:30AM EST.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I can download the No Doubt album whilst the woot off is going on.

[quote name='DestroVega']it isn't... Troublemaker video is out and that's the second single...

Greatest Man Who Ever Lived should follow.[/quote]

Hm, well I haven't heard Troublemaker on the radio or seen a music video on television. So it's obviously not as popular as Pork and Beans was.

[quote name='MSI Magus']On a seperate note(though they have some screaming songs)I am really suprised and dissapointed how long it has taken for Taking Back Sunday to get into a music game. I think they are just an amazing band with a lot of songs that would translate great to Rock Band. 2 great singers, great drummer and guitarist aint bad either. They also have enough popularity that they would sell tracks but probably not cost an insane amount of money to buy rights to.[/QUOTE]

THIS! I love TBS and they definitely need tracks on RB. I'd buy a full album of theirs.

Whoever said RB could use some Hoobastank and Breaking Benjamin tracks... I agree with that too!

Also, this morning I downloaded the entire No Doubt Pack and redeemed the 20 free songs code as well. That's the 1st big pack I've bought and I'm SUPER EXCITED! :bouncy: Right now I'm at school, but you better believe I will be playing the hell out of RB tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it that GH:WT gets 1979 and two other pumpkins tracks but RB2 doesn't? Sigh... do I sell my soul just so I can play a few songs I really love?

[quote name='sp00ge']How is it that GH:WT gets 1979 and two other pumpkins tracks but RB2 doesn't? Sigh... do I sell my soul just so I can play a few songs I really love?[/QUOTE]

I would die to play some Tool and more Dream Theater, but I still won't buy/play GHWT to do it.

[quote name='Cleaner7']THIS! I love TBS and they definitely need tracks on RB. I'd buy a full album of theirs.
[/QUOTE]
"MakeDamnSure" would be ridiculously fun - not a lot of screaming, a fun drum part, big sweeping guitars. Definitely a tier 1 or 2 track, but it'd be fun and a great way to grab their fanbase. I'd take some of their old stuff too ("Timberwolves", "Cute Without The E"), but they were a lot more into the dual vocalists then and I'm not sure how that'd translate.

"Liar" would be a blast too.

[quote name='Cleaner7']THIS! I love TBS and they definitely need tracks on RB. I'd buy a full album of theirs.

Whoever said RB could use some Hoobastank and Breaking Benjamin tracks... I agree with that too!

Also, this morning I downloaded the entire No Doubt Pack and redeemed the 20 free songs code as well. That's the 1st big pack I've bought and I'm SUPER EXCITED! :bouncy: Right now I'm at school, but you better believe I will be playing the hell out of RB tonight![/QUOTE]

Ya I would freaking love to see Breaking Benjamin. Another great band would be Chevelle and Billy Talent.

[quote name='JJSP']"MakeDamnSure" would be ridiculously fun - not a lot of screaming, a fun drum part, big sweeping guitars. Definitely a tier 1 or 2 track, but it'd be fun and a great way to grab their fanbase. I'd take some of their old stuff too ("Timberwolves", "Cute Without The E"), but they were a lot more into the dual vocalists then and I'm not sure how that'd translate.

"Liar" would be a blast too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those would be fun songs to play. I really love "Up Against". That would be fucking awesome!

TBS is just a really fun band and they rocked in concert. Their energy is what makes their songs fun.

No Doubt and then country next week?? Erk, guess they don't want my money.

Where the fuck is Jane's Addiction? ;)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Yeah, those would be fun songs to play. I really love "Up Against". That would be fucking awesome!

TBS is just a really fun band and they rocked in concert. Their energy is what makes their songs fun.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see people here agree. I honestly dont understand why they havnt been used, they have a decent sized following but arnt big enough that they would be expensive to get in the game probally. Their songs are full of energy making them a lot of fun to perform and have a good mix of all 4 instruments.

TBS is awesome, saw them a few months ago with MCR, it was awesome.

If they ever release any TBS Im going to tape my mic up so i can do the mic swing.

Damn, I got Excuse Me Mr. just because it was the hardest song of the album, and the frets are f'n everywhere; it's a lot more difficult than most tier-4 guitar parts. Good song, though.

[quote name='sp00ge']How is it that GH:WT gets 1979 and two other pumpkins tracks but RB2 doesn't? Sigh... do I sell my soul just so I can play a few songs I really love?[/QUOTE]
I limped through GHWT's career and sold it immediately. Even though it was from YF360.com, I wish I just rented it. We have nothing to worry about when that garbages gets like 3 songs every blue moon. I stand firm with an attitude of everything will eventually come to RB. Safe gamble with a flurry of songs each week.

[quote name='JJSP']"MakeDamnSure" would be ridiculously fun - not a lot of screaming, a fun drum part, big sweeping guitars.[/QUOTE]
Yup, love that whole album actually. TBS is great.

Watching the No Doubt songs on youtube, they aren't the most fun looking charts but definitely party crowd pleasers. Will pick up a couple songs.

I'll say this about rock band, It's guaranteed that I'll be a 360 gamer this entire generation. I had always intended on playing 360 early this gen, selling it and getting a PS3 when Versus 13 / Kingdom Hearts 3. But now, I just keep buying tracks for RB so now I *have* to keep the 360 around (shakes tiny impudent fist).

That said, I'll continue to rent the GH games, but, quite frankly, aside from GH2, the later games just dont seem to match the songs as well as GH2 (my favorite of the music games). I think they overcharted the songs too much to make it more challenging, but to me, it just made it less fun.

Gotta remember to get the No Doubt'ers though.

I'm debating on getting this album right now or waiting to see if it gets a discount as fast as the Foo Fighters album did. I have a handful of songs that I've downloaded online that I haven't even played yet...

[quote name='hhhdx4']TBS is awesome, saw them a few months ago with MCR, it was awesome.

If they ever release any TBS Im going to tape my mic up so i can do the mic swing.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Yeah the singer was swinging the mic like crazy in concert. And I'd definitely buy the entire Louder Now album if they released that.

Also, for the above poster, I doubt any other RB albums will be discounted anytime soon. The only reason the Foo Fighters album was discounted was for the Xbox Live month long celebration.

Just wanted to add that I loved playing "Sunday Morning" last night on Hard Drums. I was rocking out! Didn't really get to play any other ND songs since I was going through some more challenges and then wanted to play some other specific songs like The Killers track pack, which is also awesome! Then my cousin invited me to play the Gears campaign on Insane since we still haven't beaten that and I ditched him the night before so I felt bad and joined him even though I still wanted to play RB for at least another hour.

Does anyone have the solution for the RB1 guitar that fixes the tilt issue? The guitar is cool and all, but I don't want to screw up every time I try to deploy the star power.

And yes I already know I could just use the "Select" button, but sometimes I could loose track of where it is and the guitar still uses the star power in its own.

Came here to see if anyone knew about the update...I wish Harmonix would post about this shit before it goes live. Ugh.

For some reason I'm randomly wanting some Springsteen in Rock Band, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon...I'll file it under "about the same time we get Prince songs."

Man, all of a sudden I will kill to play But Anyway by Blues Traveler. I bet that would be fun as hell to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back