RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CokeCola']The timing of the Foo Fighters thing is odd, but I'll definitely be getting Times Like These. Makes me glad I didn't buy the album.

I appreciate this.[/QUOTE]

:) I wasn't sure anyone around here would even get the reference.

BTW, I still don't know the BNL band you are referring to? :lol:

[quote name='Corvin']You can use http://www.myrockbandsongs.com/ to keep track of what you've bought and even keep a wishlist of tracks you want to get eventually.

I thought I read that they have some complex algorithm to come up with a speed somewhere in between the two. So if you have someone on Easy and someone on Expert, neither are playing at their true speed but somewhere in between. Not necessarily right down the middle though. It probably still skews towards the lower player.[/QUOTE]

myrockbandsongs.com is kinda lame. You would have to go back over the dozens and dozens of your downloads and check them off one at at time to get your list rather than it figuring out what you already have by your gamertag. I suppose if you put the time into it right away it might be nice, but it is just as easy to view the rock band store to see what you didn't buy...

Add me to the Foo Fighters are getting stale bandwagon. Honestly, if you really wanted to expand things, there's just way too much Dave Grohl in RB, haha. Between the Nevermind album (which was long overdue...except of course for the best 3 songs on the album...errrr) and then all the Foo Fighter stuff, Dave Grohl must just play this game and tell himself how awesome he is.

I really want to see different music in this game. Surprisingly, the country pack was a nice change of pace, and I find it hilarious that the Dixie Chicks song is now one of the more difficult songs in the game. I'd also love to see some Tom Petty, Eric Clapton...and even some John Mayer. A lot of his stuff is softer, but he's got some really amazing guitar solos. Anything from the Trio album would be fun as hell to play.

Don't forget Grohl is also on a couple of the Queens of the Stone Age tracks. Of all the Grohl we have though, we still don't have anything off Tenacious D's first album. I'd welcome Wonderboy and Tribute any day.

[quote name='ZForce915']myrockbandsongs.com is kinda lame. You would have to go back over the dozens and dozens of your downloads and check them off one at at time to get your list rather than it figuring out what you already have by your gamertag. I suppose if you put the time into it right away it might be nice, but it is just as easy to view the rock band store to see what you didn't buy...[/QUOTE]

It's really not that hard. All the packs are at the top. Took no time at all to scroll down the list. I guess if you have short term memory loss it might take a while but assuming you know what you own, it's pretty easy.

Then again, it's not my site, so to each their own. :) I like it, mostly for the wish list.

They can't run out of songs.

They could start running out of radio hits everyone recognizes, which won't hurt my feelings, but will get lots of bitching around here, from what I've seen.

hey, forgive me for not reading all the pages, but i'm a newb to rockband, but i just got RB2 in the TRU deal and i want to import the RB1 songs into my game, my question is, if i borrow RB1 from a friend and transfer the songs, will i get all the rb1 songs in my game or only the ones initially unlocked? i dont really wanna play through rb1 to get all the songs...

[quote name='saldogg']hey, forgive me for not reading all the pages, but i'm a newb to rockband, but i just got RB2 in the TRU deal and i want to import the RB1 songs into my game, my question is, if i borrow RB1 from a friend and transfer the songs, will i get all the rb1 songs in my game or only the ones initially unlocked? i dont really wanna play through rb1 to get all the songs...[/quote]

You get everything except the 3 songs that were excluded from the transfer (Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills). And they'll all be unlocked. They're basically treated like DLC.

[quote name='thrustbucket']They can't run out of songs.

They could start running out of radio hits everyone recognizes, which won't hurt my feelings, but will get lots of bitching around here, from what I've seen.[/quote]

QFT

I would prefer some no name bands I have never heard off to just more of the same.

We need more things like the road runner track pack, a bunch of songs with a common element released together that are all from different bands.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I don't want to sift through all the pages. If I have RB2 with the songs from RB1 transferred over, can I play with someone who only has RB1 on Live? Of course it would just be the RB1 songs and DLC we both have, but just wondering if that's possible.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
I would prefer some no name bands I have never heard off to just more of the same.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I like discovering new music through RB. Though at the same time the radio singles are more pleasing for crowds. Really though, how many times have you watched someone scroll through your list to find something they recognize :lol:

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I would prefer some no name bands I have never heard off to just more of the same.[/QUOTE]

I think whether someone agrees with that statement or not may depend on what role they play in the band. I'm usually bass or guitar, so I don't mind all the new stuff I've never heard before. On the other hand, my g/f does vocals, and it's more difficult to sight read the vocals than any of the instruments. As a result, she usually doesn't like playing the songs she's never heard, with some exceptions.

I think that as long as HMX balances the no name bands with the big names, everything will work out.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You get everything except the 3 songs that were excluded from the transfer (Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills). And they'll all be unlocked. They're basically treated like DLC.[/quote]

mind if i ask why they were excluded? was it just about paying metallica, sabbath and iron maiden?

also how big is the file on the harddrive for the transfer?

thanks so much

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Thanks for the info. Well I guess I have the EL then. Is there still anything I could do?[/quote]

There seems to be a coin mod that you can do to the EL drums to improve sensitivity. I have personally never done this mod, because I own a QM drum. You might want to read a bit and watch some videos on Youtube if you interested in doing the mod.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3583

Impossible to run out of music, rock/pop is an endless fertile valley, etc etc.

I really did RB2 now that I set the delay to 0ms for sound and video.
It's perfect now. Strange.

I still have 3 DL codes for the 20 track pack list, they are $15 each, I did sell my last ACDC track pack code to a CAG member, with no problems.

[quote name='saldogg']mind if i ask why they were excluded? was it just about paying metallica, sabbath and iron maiden?

also how big is the file on the harddrive for the transfer?

thanks so much[/QUOTE]

According to Harmonix it was rights issues. Either they wanted more money, or in the case of Metallica, they likely have some sort of agreement with GH now.

Just finished watching the movie high tension. First off ill say its a pretty good movie that anyone that likes slasher movies should give a go. Its not an A movie or anything but its a good suspensfull Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Strangers kind of movie. Anyways though they used a song in it that I think would be pretty kick ass for Rock Band. I have heard the bands stuff before and its pretty good and the fiancee freaking LOVES this guys voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6I9c5XGcU0

If they used it should be hella challenging vocals.

[quote name='dastly75']To say there's not enough Muse in Rock Band would be a severe understatement.[/QUOTE]

hehe ya. And god damn I hate Rushes the Trees(vault edition)! Song sucks so much fucking ass and its sooooo long.

[quote name='lordwow']or in the case of Metallica, they likely have some sort of agreement with GH now.[/QUOTE]

It's likely just issues with Enter Sandman, since Battery is in Rock Band 2.

[quote name='Scorch']It's likely just issues with Enter Sandman, since Battery is in Rock Band 2.[/quote]

The licensing agreement for RB2 was probably done well before the licensing agreement for the license transfer, which would support the GH theory.

[quote name='MSI Magus']hehe ya. And god damn I hate Rushes the Trees(vault edition)! Song sucks so much fucking ass and its sooooo long.[/quote]

No way, The Trees owns! So does Newborn from Muse too. I wish we had more Muse.

[quote name='TrenoV']No way, The Trees owns! So does Newborn from Muse too. I wish we had more Muse.[/QUOTE]

Trees is like the fucking hippies anthem.

More British alt-rock bands in RB would be amazing.
Muse, Placebo, IAMX, Radiohead, Blur, The Doves, Travis, The Cure, Editors, Razorlight, etc.

Especially Placebo. Lots of Placebo.

Well I happened to be up when the new songs came out so I checked them out and I have to say that the songs sound like ass even for a dollar a pop. So I just skimmed everything in the store and bought Sleep Walker instead.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Well I happened to be up when the new songs came out so I checked them out and I have to say that the songs sound like ass even for a dollar a pop. So I just skimmed everything in the store and bought Sleep Walker instead.[/quote]
One of those songs that I buy that I love, but will never accomplish beating on expert...

Roy Orbison?

Hell. Yes.

They'll probably include Pretty Woman since it's so famous, but it's my least favorite Orbison song.
This is great news for me.

[quote name='dallow']Roy Orbison?

Hell. Yes.

They'll probably include Pretty Woman since it's so famous, but it's my least favorite Orbison song.
This is great news for me.[/quote]

This.

I think these are the suspected songs.

Rock House
Only the Lonely
Crying
Working for the Man
Mean Woman Blues
Oh, Pretty Woman

[quote name='bardockkun']One of those songs that I buy that I love, but will never accomplish beating on expert...[/quote]

You'll get it eventually man, don't sweat it. I didn't beat it last night, but I know it's only a matter of time. At first I would do pretty well maintaining the bass, but then I Kept losing at like 45% through and would then fail at around 53%.

Might be a different story on guitar, I've just continued to lose touch with guitar for a while now, kind of sad actually. :cry:

[quote name='Trakan']I think these are the suspected songs.

Rock House
Only the Lonely
Crying
Working for the Man
Mean Woman Blues
Oh, Pretty Woman[/quote]Not bad at all. Expected tracks.
There's a few lesser known non-hits that are nice but "best of" packs make more sense.

icon1.gif
DLC Announcement: A heapin' helpin' of classic rock & a dash of Scottish alternative
Ahoy hoy,

Since this week is truncated for us on account of a fairly sizable holiday, you get next week's DLC announcement a few days early!

Our next batch of DLC features a trifecta of classic rock tracks from such notable bands as Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, and James Gang. Additionally, a single from Scottish alternative rock group Snow Patrol's latest record will be up for your rocking pleasure.

The full list is as follows:

Deep Purple - "Space Truckin'"
James Gang - "Funk #49"
Jethro Tull - "Hymn 43"
Snow Patrol - "Take Back the City"

All songs will be available for 160 MS points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and $1.99 on the PlayStation Network.

The release dates for these songs will be December 30th on Xbox Live Marketplace, and January 8th on the PlayStation Network, due to Sony being on holiday next week.

For all DLC song credits please go here.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine

Deep Purple and Jethro Tull I'll probably buy, but I'll wait on the other two. And speaking of bands that Harmonix seems to have easy access to, how about more Rush - Bastille Day needs to be on RB.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You'll get it eventually man, don't sweat it. I didn't beat it last night, but I know it's only a matter of time. At first I would do pretty well maintaining the bass, but then I Kept losing at like 45% through and would then fail at around 53%.

Might be a different story on guitar, I've just continued to lose touch with guitar for a while now, kind of sad actually. :cry:[/quote]
That song for me is murder all around. It's hard to keep pace with Dave's vocals on that one because it's almost like random rambling and the guitar is just a bitchy bitch. Though still fun to listen to when it's not replaced by clicks or silence.

[quote name='mcgavin27']

Deep Purple - "Space Truckin'"[/quote]

Oh my CHRIST!

I've been waiting for Space Truckin' since forever!!!
...I...

...I think I just had an orgasm.

[quote name='mcgavin27']
icon1.gif
DLC Announcement: A heapin' helpin' of classic rock & a dash of Scottish alternative
Ahoy hoy,

Since this week is truncated for us on account of a fairly sizable holiday, you get next week's DLC announcement a few days early!

Our next batch of DLC features a trifecta of classic rock tracks from such notable bands as Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, and James Gang. Additionally, a single from Scottish alternative rock group Snow Patrol's latest record will be up for your rocking pleasure.

Deep Purple - "Space Truckin'"
James Gang - "Funk #49"
Jethro Tull - "Hymn 43"
Snow Patrol - "Take Back the City"

All songs will be available for 160 MS points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and $1.99 on the PlayStation Network.

The release dates for these songs will be December 30th on Xbox Live Marketplace, and January 8th on the PlayStation Network, due to Sony being on holiday next week.

For all DLC song credits please go here.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine[/QUOTE]

I'm in for that Snow Patrol song. The others I'll pass on. I like it when they release a bunch of songs by different artists. It makes me feel like I have more of a chance of finding something I like.

I will grab Purple and the James Gang. I was just listening to Funk 49 the other day and thinking how bad ass it would be in rock band.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Oh my CHRIST!

I've been waiting for Space Truckin' since forever!!!
...I...

...I think I just had an orgasm.[/QUOTE]

jizz.gif

Jethro Tull!!! Damn, Hymn 43 is a song I actually requested.... Super excited, this is an awesome song.

Same goes for Space Truckin' actually, and I requested that one too. HMX the country pack is forgiven, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back