RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tgk2044']Wow... that... was retarded-ly easy. I was just worried I was going to fall asleep during it.[/QUOTE]

Haha I got so laid back that I actually missed the last note! Very frustrating.

[quote name='GamerChris']My god i just got this achievement. It took me about 8 tries on So Whatcha Want. I kept missing one note and i was getting so frustrated because it's so easy.[/QUOTE]

Hah - same here (except I think it took 5 tries). I kept missing one note or I'd strum an extra time or something (not used to the upstrum).

Finally got my "2 for 50" though (as I had never gold starred anything before either).

Then I tried some more drums and this time I got out a chair to sit on (instead of the couch). I see I'm just gonna have problems with this and am seriously rethinking my plan of getting the GHWT bundle. I love playing the drums and am pretty good at the 4 pad part. But as for the pedal - it hurt less sitting up higher, but this time my entire right leg went numb from the knee down (and still feels that way 15 minutes later) after two songs. Very disappointing...

ok, so this may have been asked but: Did they include the rumored option of turning select songs off for world tour? I NEED to turn off Whatcha Want and We Got the Beat. There are a handful of other songs I don't like, but I want to stab myself in the temple when either of those two songs gets picked for a random set... (also wouldn't mind taking out Ride the Lightning and GGaHT. So far the only two songs I'm not guaranteed to pass on expert. So frustrating at the end of a long random set)

[quote name='Zmonkay']ok, so this may have been asked but: Did they include the rumored option of turning select songs off for world tour? I NEED to turn off Whatcha Want and We Got the Beat. There are a handful of other songs I don't like, but I want to stab myself in the temple when either of those two songs gets picked for a random set... (also wouldn't mind taking out Ride the Lightning and GGaHT. So far the only two songs I'm not guaranteed to pass on expert. So frustrating at the end of a long random set)[/quote]
I'm curious as well. I'm getting so goddamn sick of playing Lump everytime they ask for a challenging drum song. FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST SAY IT'S LUMP! YOU AND I BOTH KNOW IT IS!

[quote name='io']Then I tried some more drums and this time I got out a chair to sit on (instead of the couch). I see I'm just gonna have problems with this and am seriously rethinking my plan of getting the GHWT bundle. I love playing the drums and am pretty good at the 4 pad part. But as for the pedal - it hurt less sitting up higher, but this time my entire right leg went numb from the knee down (and still feels that way 15 minutes later) after two songs. Very disappointing...[/quote]

How exactly are you using the bass pedal?

What do you guys think, should we keep both Rock Band threads open? Or should we close the Rock Band 1 thread and have all discussion here?

forgive me if this has been addressed...

what's the deal with the new guitars? Amazon was supposed to ship mine to arrive tomorrow, and it hasn't even been processed yet. I've yet to see any in stores. Did it get delayed or is it just sold out everywhere already? Gamestop.com doesn't have a listing for it anymore that I could find. I am having a Rock Band BBQ this Saturday and wanted to have the new stuff for everyone to play (already got the new drums at Best Buy)

[quote name='Trakan']What do you guys think, should we keep both Rock Band threads open? Or should we close the Rock Band 1 thread and have all discussion here?[/QUOTE]
There should have just been a catch all RB general thread to begin with. I'd say the first one isn't needed anymore, all the latest DLC would be the main thing discussed and it would apply to both games anyway.

Well I just did a run through of the hardest drum songs on practice to see what they were all about.

I can honestly say that the only songs that will give me trouble are Battery and Panic Attack.

Everything else is very very doable, but Panic Attack and Battery are going to take some extreme luck and or skill.

...battery got me pretty damn sweaty.

As far as closing threads goes I agree with CouRageous. We can just close the other one and I'll turn this into a General Rock band thread that includes the first game as well.

[quote name='GamerMan97']how do i play solo tour?[/quote]
There is no real solo tour. You have to start a band by yourself in Band World Tour.
I really don't like that.

Anyone else getting the ion set?
[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Well I just did a run through of the hardest drum songs on practice to see what they were all about.

I can honestly say that the only songs that will give me trouble are Battery and Panic Attack.

Everything else is very very doable, but Panic Attack and Battery are going to take some extreme luck and or skill.

...battery got me pretty damn sweaty.

As far as closing threads goes I agree with CouRageous. We can just close the other one and I'll turn this into a General Rock band thread that includes the first game as well.
[/quote]

I actually BARELY did Panic Attack on expert, but yeah, Battery is insane. I don't think I'll be able to do that for awhile. Same with Painkiller.
I don't even want to try Visions...

Actually, I didn't entirely do Panic Attack. I had no fail mode on, and went in the red a few times, but my bar never went all the way down. I guess I haven't done it then.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm curious as well. I'm getting so goddamn sick of playing Lump every time they ask for a challenging drum song. FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST SAY IT'S LUMP! YOU AND I BOTH KNOW IT IS![/QUOTE]

She's Lump, she's lump... Actually, when I first heard the song in game, I didn't know the original song, and thought Weird Al's "Gump" was in it, lol.

Solo is sort of there in a way. There are the challenges for each instrument in the challenge mode, finishing the impossible one nabs an achievement for each.

Speaking of which, if three people want to work on getting the band challenge achievement, let us schedule and progress. Or if someone already has the impossible band challenge unlocked, let me play with you! :lol:

I also need to boost on the savior and comeback kid achievements if anyone wants in on those too.

The Challenge Mode is just like Solo Tour if you follow the main challenges (the ones with the instrument logos); if you don't want to play all of the songs in a challenge at once, you can save and quit and come back to it later.

Well shit, I wasn't crazy when I said there was an issue with the new wireless drums. I put my finger it and it seems that three or four times out of five, when I hit the blue pad, it will trigger the yellow as well.

It would just figure too, as I just bought them yesterday to replace my craptastic launch set. Ugh... time to ship them to EA. :(

[quote name='sp00ge']Well shit, I wasn't crazy when I said there was an issue with the new wireless drums. I put my finger it and it seems that three or four times out of five, when I hit the blue pad, it will trigger the yellow as well.

It would just figure too, as I just bought them yesterday to replace my craptastic launch set. Ugh... time to ship them to EA. :([/quote]

That's what I was waiting for. I want to hear problems before I pick up a set. I don't want to go from craptastic to craptacular.

[quote name='Razzuel']How exactly are you using the bass pedal?[/QUOTE]

I just rest my foot on it and lift my toes up and down. That seems to be hard on my shins though. I also tried just lifting my whole leg up and down and that is less stress on the shins but overall more tiring (plus harder to get the timing right).

Keep in mind I'm old ;). I'm sure I would have had no problem with this when I was 20.

[quote name='slickkill77']Your leg will get used to the bass pedal[/QUOTE]

Possibly - I'll keep doing a few songs a day to see if I build up to it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']She's Lump, she's lump... Actually, when I first heard the song in game, I didn't know the original song, and thought Weird Al's "Gump" was in it, lol.[/QUOTE]

You don't know that song? Man, that's one of the reasons I wanted this game. Maybe we'll get Peaches via DLC - I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Zmonkay']She's Lump, she's lump... Actually, when I first heard the song in game, I didn't know the original song, and thought Weird Al's "Gump" was in it, lol.[/quote]
First time I sang it I almost said "GUMP SAT ALONE AT A BENCH IN THE PARK!"

io, do you keep your foot pressed down when you aren't playing notes? If you don't, that will cause your leg to cramp up fast. I dunno how big your foot is, but when I played my drums, I would rest my heel on the base part (not the actual pedal) and press down just using my foot. Got used to that very quickly and wouldn't have any problems unless I played for an extended period of time.

See if that works for you

I decided to be a guinea pig and picked up the RB2 strat today.

It's not bad, but it's definitely not improved enough over the first one to warrant a purchase if you disliked the first one - especially for 70 bucks. The supposedly improved strum bar feels pretty much the same, which was the biggest disappointment for me. The best part, as I suspected, was the auto-calibrate. Very nice feature.

I needed another guitar pretty badly as my Les Paul has had problem after problem and I'm tired of doing surgery on it, but everyone else...if you didn't like the first Strat, you won't like this one. I didn't hate the first one and I love the frets on this one compared to the GH guitars, but I was really hoping for a significantly better strum bar.

Well, I have the cross-talk issue nearly pegged. I went ahead and popped the yellow pad off to take a look a things and the first thing I noticed was the sticky band-aid looking sensor pad was severely off center and bunched up on one side. I pulled the sensor out and carefully removed and realigned that pad on the sensor and pieced it all back together.

I took it for a few rounds and the issue is nearly resolved, unless you mercilessly pound on the blue pad, then it will still affect the yellow. But in the 5 songs I played, I didn't have a single issue with it.

Time to cancel that RMA. Chalk this one up to faulty assembly equipment or a pad applicator with a lazy eye.

[quote name='scsg75']forgive me if this has been addressed...

what's the deal with the new guitars? Amazon was supposed to ship mine to arrive tomorrow, and it hasn't even been processed yet. I've yet to see any in stores. Did it get delayed or is it just sold out everywhere already? Gamestop.com doesn't have a listing for it anymore that I could find. I am having a Rock Band BBQ this Saturday and wanted to have the new stuff for everyone to play (already got the new drums at Best Buy)[/quote]

I'm having the same problem. I've had my copy of Rock Band 2 since Monday but my guitar hasn't shipped yet. They took down the listing of the guitar if you try to search for it as well. If you follow a link to the product from your order page it just says the item is unavailable with no release date. Every other online retailer also has the status of the guitar listed as unavailable. What the hell is Harmonix's problem if they don't have any guitars to ship?

I picked up my RB2 preorder from Gamestop today and the only shirt they had left was a large. so if anyone else is still looking for one, I'm looking to trade for an XL.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']
Keep in mind I'm old ;). I'm sure I would have had no problem with this when I was 20.
[/QUOTE]
IIRC, a couple pages ago you said you were sitting on the couch while playing and I'm betting thats it. Something about the combo of the softness under your butt and probably not being at the ideal level makes the shins hurt like a bitch (usually too low). Get a cheap adjustable stool or an actual drum throne and you'll be feeling fine. I sit in my desk's office chair and it feels great.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well shit, I wasn't crazy when I said there was an issue with the new wireless drums. I put my finger it and it seems that three or four times out of five, when I hit the blue pad, it will trigger the yellow as well.

It would just figure too, as I just bought them yesterday to replace my craptastic launch set. Ugh... time to ship them to EA. :([/quote]

from what I read, this will stop happening after you play on them for a little while.

[quote name='Trakan']So the less 'squishy' claim is incorrect?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd say that. Maybe I'll do my first blog on here detailing what I've noticed so far.

So that AC/DC expansion is apparently from live tracks? Ultra-lame. Bad enough it's on disc (although this could be rectified if they also release it as a large DLC pack).

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Just got done with the endless setlist and i did not get the steel bladder achievement. anybody else have this problem?[/quote]
Are you sure that you did not pause, even once?

[quote name='evanft']AC/DC expansion kinda sorta confirmed.

*fucking drools*[/QUOTE]

As much as it hurts me to say this, if it's going to be live, I'm probably going to pass. I know there's a good argument to be made about live tracks working better in the game because you're playing live shows anyway, but to me, live tracks just never sound right. That's why I passes on "My Generation", even though I had been looking forward to that song.

I'm sure it makes me a bad music fan, but I've just never liked live tracks. That's one of the reasons I very rarely go to concerts. (In case you're wondering, the other reasons include lack of money, and not being comfortable with large groups of people.)

[quote name='BlueWingX']As much as it hurts me to say this, if it's going to be live, I'm probably going to pass. I know there's a good argument to be made about live tracks working better in the game because you're playing live shows anyway, but to me, live tracks just never sound right. That's why I passes on "My Generation", even though I had been looking forward to that song.

I'm sure it makes me a bad music fan, but I've just never liked live tracks. That's one of the reasons I very rarely go to concerts. (In case you're wondering, the other reasons include lack of money, and not being comfortable with large groups of people.)[/quote]

The show they are pulling these from is a really quality live show. I would rather have shit that wasn't done live, but these should be good enough where I won't have a problem buying them. Plus the quality should be good since they cleaned it up for the Blu Ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X80Qjh9Yivs&feature=related

[quote name='BlueWingX']As much as it hurts me to say this, if it's going to be live, I'm probably going to pass. I know there's a good argument to be made about live tracks working better in the game because you're playing live shows anyway, but to me, live tracks just never sound right. That's why I passes on "My Generation", even though I had been looking forward to that song.

I'm sure it makes me a bad music fan, but I've just never liked live tracks. That's one of the reasons I very rarely go to concerts. (In case you're wondering, the other reasons include lack of money, and not being comfortable with large groups of people.)[/QUOTE]

AC/DC live shows are some of the best quality live shows you can see. I seen them live 3 times and each fo the shows ranks as some of the best audio quality shows I have ever seen. I own the Blu-ray for Live At Donington and believe me the sound quality is excellent.

I am really looking forward to this release.

[quote name='jezebelseven']I picked up my RB2 preorder from Gamestop today and the only shirt they had left was a large. so if anyone else is still looking for one, I'm looking to trade for an XL.[/quote]

thats ok listen to this. i got there 20 minutes before they opened on the day it came out. i was the only person waiting. when i got in and picked up my game i asked if they had any shirts. the guy said "your looking at them" and pointed to him and his co-worker wearing them. i hate my gs employees. they all look like date-raping chatch machines and they act like it to.

One little problem that's been irking me lately.

When I'm playing guitar, I can hardly hear the singer's voice in-game. Also, the bass guitar comes through the speakers very strong. I'm using surround sound, with Dolby Digital enabled through the Options. Does anyone know how to fix this?

[quote name='Mojimbo']That's happened to me about 3 times(over the course of maybe 20 hours of gameplay.)[/quote]
It happens to me about 1 in 5 songs, could it be a faulty laser in my 360?

RockBand.com is receiving a total overhaul. I put some info about it on the first page. It's going to be some pretty awesome stuff.

I can't wait to put my Dongzilla logo on a shirt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back