RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shieryda']Same.[/quote]

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Rock Band just tries to do everything it can to kill my interest in GH. Those are two of the songs I have wanted most.

I will grab all of Moving Pictures as well. I thought about grabbing Peace Sells this week, but I need to get better at Guitar before I grab those.[/quote]
Good taste my mangs.

Thanks Rock Band. I choose a random setlist of "Challenging" ranked songs... and it throws half of the Peace Sells album at me. Those are friggin ranked Impossible. ARGHHhhh

Also, I love that the last song in a set was supposed to be Everlong. It asks if I want to add a song at the end of the set for a bonus, ok. After Everlong ends... the bonus song... is EVERLONG! good thing I love the song. Hopefully a patch comes out to fix some of this "randomizer" goofyness.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Rock Band just tries to do everything it can to kill my interest in GH. Those are two of the songs I have wanted most.

I will grab all of Moving Pictures as well. I thought about grabbing Peace Sells this week, but I need to get better at Guitar before I grab those.[/quote]

The Peace Sells album fucking owns to play. Very very difficult though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought about 8 of the songs on that list were pretty good, and I was impressed. If that list were true (which I don't believe it to be) then I would be happy.

Like I said before, I expect it to be more stuff like Bang Camaro and other songs that were Bonus Songs in RB1 and 2. Not the more popular, bigger name bands like Sublime, Rancid, Dead Kennedys, The Killers etc....

I really don't have much faith in the DLC being good.[/QUOTE]

In OXM they said that the 20 songs missing from Rock Band 2 were songs that are going to be in the PS3 version, but they didn't have time to get them into the XBOX360 version so they opted to make them downloadable instead.

[quote name='io']

All these Blockbuster issues... Blockbuster gives store credit and never cash for trades. There will be no "problem" getting $32 for it because that's what they give for it. Trade-in prices change overmight Sunday night (for first thing Monday AM) though they used to change Tuesday AM (so to be safe we still wait till confirmation of prices Tues and beyond). That's why I traded mine last weekend. We have confirmation in the Blockbuster thread that the price held Mon or Tues. If it was still $32 Tuesday, it will still be $32 through this weekend.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.
I had no problem getting the $32 of credit. Admittedly, the clerk was surprised that it was still going for that much.
Now I'll be able to pick up the Iron Man Blu-ray for free.
Win win all the way, considering with RB2, there's no reason to ever play RB1 again. Except for those who really NEED the achievement points.

I just looked at the leaderboards for So Whatcha Want, and apparently I'm in 5th place. For now anyways. Kinda nice to be at the top 10 of a leaderboard for once.

I picked up the Metallica pack, and I'm going to pick up the two NIN packs as well as Peace Sells... in the next couple of days, what else should I get? The only pack I already have is the Disturbed pack. I'm open to any suggestions. I prefer heavier music, but I'll give anything that's fun to play a chance. By the way, how is the Earache Thrash Pack as well as the Roadrunner pack?

I beat the impossible bass challenge yesterday. Panic Attack is on another fucking level compared with the other songs.

Alright, I've decided what my next round of DLC will be:

Avenged Sevenfold-Afterlife
Avenged Sevenfold-Critical Acclaim
Muse-Hysteria
Testament-Electric Crown
The Who Track Pack

That'll leave me with about 2300 pts. I'm waiting for the SRV album.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering getting another pedal. The stock RB2 is still stiff as crap - it's ok for slow 16th's, or the usual eights, but faster songs I don't have enough control. Might have to try to emulate the one guy who uses a bass drum pad (so you get an actual bounce from hitting something)...

[quote name='mav451']I'm considering getting another pedal. The stock RB2 is still stiff as crap - it's ok for slow 16th's, or the usual eights, but faster songs I don't have enough control. Might have to try to emulate the one guy who uses a bass drum pad (so you get an actual bounce from hitting something)...[/quote]

Rockgamer.com has a lot of reviews by a guy who's been playing drums for 30 years.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']I picked up the Metallica pack, and I'm going to pick up the two NIN packs as well as Peace Sells... in the next couple of days, what else should I get? The only pack I already have is the Disturbed pack. I'm open to any suggestions. I prefer heavier music, but I'll give anything that's fun to play a chance. By the way, how is the Earache Thrash Pack as well as the Roadrunner pack?[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend the Roadrunner Pack.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I would highly recommend the Roadrunner Pack.[/quote]
K, thanks man. It looked pretty good to me as well, I figured it would be pretty fun to play.

[quote name='deadite76']9/26 DLC:

Bad Religion - Sorrow
Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah! Kasabiannnnnnnnnnn! I had considered importing the UK version for that alone before!

Granted I was hoping for the first two to be free, but that's okay! As long as they're coming.

[quote name='bardockkun']Woooo! Got free DL'able song from Stride Gum. Sorrow for free = awesome.[/QUOTE]

How so?

0920081329.jpg

Me and my friend made a new band and I had to share the logo I made for it. Please ask if it needs explanation :lol:

It took me a few seconds to make the connection but I think I got it now. Nice job on the logo.

I made a Lupin the III band with Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko & Goemon. Goemon was the difficult one since I couldn't find a substiturion for Samurai style baggy pants, so I stuck him behind the drums. Everyone else looks pretty dead on. I'll try and get pics up soon.

My main band is called "The Adventures of Tilly Tooter" She's kinda a local legend around South Florida.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
0920081329.jpg

Me and my friend made a new band and I had to share the logo I made for it. Please ask if it needs explanation :lol:[/quote]

I understand what a fleshlight is...but the pringles dude?

[quote name='BackInBlack']I understand what a fleshlight is...but the pringles dude?[/quote]
Google pictures of the Fleshlight.

There was also a thing on digg awhile back on how to make your fleshlight and the guy made it from a pringles can. I hope he ate the chips first.

Mine is called "Joon Lee and the Laminar Flow". Joon Lee's the fluid mechanics professor at my school, and laminar flow is a concept from that class.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm very excited that I was able to pass Panic Attack on expert bass with a little bit of help. Endless Setlist 2 on Expert, here I come! :cool:[/quote]

Ha! I'm gonna do that. PA is easily the hardest song on bass, and I was able to pass it.

My hands felt like mush towards the end of going for the steel bladder achievement. I was on expert guitar though.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
0920081329.jpg

Me and my friend made a new band and I had to share the logo I made for it. Please ask if it needs explanation :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha its funny how some people can see a good image out of all those parts they put up and make something like this. Good work.

I am running a tournament with Rockband and Rockband 2 in a few weeks and want to know which songs I should select for each instrument. They will be played on Hard but would like a good song for each type: Guitar, Bass, Vocal, Drums.

I have my songs exported and would prefer non download content.

Any suggestions?

I read you can plug in your drum pedal into the new RB2 Strat and use that to deploy Overdrive, anyone try it? Does it disable the tilt sensor?

People still tilt the guitar? I always just reach over and hit the back button to deploy star power.. it doesn't mess me up as much as when I used to tilt the guitar.

My wired GH2 Xplorer is the only one I've got with a reliable tilt sensor, my GH3 Les Paul and RB1 Strat have minds of their own, especially whenever I play sitting down(because my TV is at eye level that way, not because it's tiresome). I end up wasting a lot of my overdrive because often it'll go off as soon as it hits 50% or I wait to back button it whenever I'm on a long sustained whammy note. On something like PDA I don't think there's very many opportunities to deploy it manually.

[quote name='Mojimbo']My wired GH2 Xplorer is the only one I've got with a reliable tilt sensor, my GH3 Les Paul and RB1 Strat have minds of their own, especially whenever I play sitting down(because my TV is at eye level that way, not because it's tiresome). I end up wasting a lot of my overdrive because often it'll go off as soon as it hits 50% or I wait to back button it whenever I'm on a long sustained whammy note. On something like PDA I don't think there's very many opportunities to deploy it manually.[/QUOTE]

My RB1 Strat has a mind of it's own as well. It's really annoying.

Anyone know if you get the impossible instrument achievements when you play online? For example I play the impossible bass with a friend online, will he get the achievement too? I ask because it would be easier to boost off each other for the rest of these instead of having to go through each separate path to the impossible challenges.

It seems like it could work since my friend got the million fan achievement after playing one song with my band.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone know if you get the impossible instrument achievements when you play online? For example I play the impossible bass with a friend online, will he get the achievement too? I ask because it would be easier to boost off each other for the rest of these instead of having to go through each separate path to the impossible challenges.

It seems like it could work since my friend got the million fan achievement after playing one song with my band.[/quote]

Yea it does, i'm hoping to find someone that can beat vox or drums since i'm terrible at them but I can beat guitar/bass easily.

My GHII xplorer is still running strong, want to get the new RBII strat though.

Side question me and my brother want to do the endless setlist 2. So I can't pause and can't fail, right, for the achievement? And can it be done on hard? My brothers not good enough that I trust him to play through on expert and not fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back