RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='specialk']A Presidents track pack and no PEACHES?!!?!11[/QUOTE]

^^This! There must be a reason (bad master?). I was happy for Lump, but gots to have my Peaches too.

[quote name='Costa']can you use the head set with the wireless controller as the mic until I get a real rock band mic?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='io']^^This! There must be a reason (bad master?). I was happy for Lump, but gots to have my Peaches too.[/quote]

I don't think that is the reason.

Off the top of my head I thought Peaches, Kitty and Mach 5 would actually be the best choices for a 3 pack. Video Killed the Radio Star and Some Postman also hit the charts for them and would also be better choices. Feather Pluckin and Ladybug weren't even released as singles so this song selection is weird to say the least.

[quote name='io']^^This! There must be a reason (bad master?). I was happy for Lump, but gots to have my Peaches too.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band 3.

Seeing I don't want to scroll back through 5 pages of flame wars between music lovers of the different genres, has anyone been able to locate the RB2 drum symbols at a GS or any other B&M store?

[quote name='kennistond']I'll buy Fall Out Boy and take my 20 free songs this week.

I'm still waiting for my No Doubt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still waiting on the ND pack. Since it's a best of pack I'll probably buy all the songs on it. Love No Doubt!

And this week I'll be buying the two 80 pts songs.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Yeah, I'm still waiting on the ND pack. Since it's a best of pack I'll probably buy all the songs on it. Love No Doubt!

And this week I'll be buying the two 80 pts songs.[/quote]

There's a "Best of" No Doubt pack coming?

[quote name='talonthrawn']has anyone been able to locate the RB2 drum symbols at a GS or any other B&M store?[/quote]
i know a few people that found them at BB, but one of them had a problem with one of the symbols in the first box, so he had to exchange it for the only other box in stock that worked fine. i've tried the BB stores by me, to no avail...

the Walmart website has the 2-pack listed and in stock, just do site to store shipping and the shipping is free...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10721292

and Amazon has the 3-pack listed and in stock, with free super saving shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Triple-Cymbal-Expansion-Xbox-360/dp/B001G57Y02/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

Well I have a question that might've been asked already but there are over 100 pages so I can't read through them all. Does the cymbals add-on give RB2's drum track more depth (with 8 possible 'buttons') or are they simply an alternative to the 4 regular drum pads? In other words, when a green block is coming down, would hitting either the green drum or the green cymbal register the same input (both clearing the same green block)?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i know a few people that found them at BB, but one of them had a problem with one of the symbols in the first box, so he had to exchange it for the only other box in stock that worked fine. i've tried the BB stores by me, to no avail...

the Walmart website has the 2-pack listed and in stock, just do site to store shipping and the shipping is free...

and Amazon has the 3-pack listed and in stock, with free super saving shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Triple-Cymbal-Expansion-Xbox-360/dp/B001G57Y02/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b[/QUOTE]
just clicked on the 3 cymbal (that's really how it is spelled) pack at amazon says it does come out until Nov. 30th. Kinda stupid that they bring out a 1, 2, and 3 pack at three different times.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i know a few people that found them at BB, but one of them had a problem with one of the symbols in the first box, so he had to exchange it for the only other box in stock that worked fine. i've tried the BB stores by me, to no avail...

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Triple-Cymbal-Expansion-Xbox-360/dp/B001G57Y02/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b[/quote]

Thanks man, I'll check BB later and if they don't have 'em then I'll grab em from Wally World.

so whos buying the ACDC track today,a nd trading it in to EB later???? I am dying to know what EB gives today for it (tthats the deciding factor if i am going to get it or not)

How many people are playing RB2 with the new GH:WT guitar? I have a chance to get a new guitar for $45 shipped and I'm considering it.

[quote name='Trakan']There's a "Best of" No Doubt pack coming?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Announced in an Entertainment Weekly article a month or two back. Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Texas Flood," Foo Fighters' "The Colour and the Shape," and Jane's Addiction's "Nothing's Shocking" were also albums announced that haven't appeared yet. Article

[quote name='M1C13']cymbal (that's really how it is spelled)[/quote]
yeah, i know, my bad. i typed that reply at 4:30am, when i was half asleep and getting ready to go to bed, and didn't even notice it. it's actually kinda funny, because i'm usually the first one to correct everyone else's spelling mistakes...

[quote name='M1C13']amazon says it does come out until Nov. 30th.[/quote]
they must have changed it than, because when i originally noticed it a few days ago it said they were in stock, which is why i've been recommending for people to get them at Amazon since i saw that they had them. honestly, just get them at Walmart, you don't really need 3 (kinda overkill in my opinion) and they definitely have them in stock and ready to ship for free if you use site to store shipping...

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Well I have a question that might've been asked already but there are over 100 pages so I can't read through them all. Does the cymbals add-on give RB2's drum track more depth (with 8 possible 'buttons') or are they simply an alternative to the 4 regular drum pads? In other words, when a green block is coming down, would hitting either the green drum or the green cymbal register the same input (both clearing the same green block)?[/quote]

They are simply alternates of the color pads. However I imagine fills can be a lot better considering the pads act only as toms.

So to answer your question exactly, if green is coming down you can hit either the green pad or the green cymbal.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah. Announced in an Entertainment Weekly article a month or two back. Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Texas Flood," Foo Fighters' "The Colour and the Shape," and Jane's Addiction's "Nothing's Shocking" were also albums announced that haven't appeared yet. Article[/quote]

Nice, thanks.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Well I have a question that might've been asked already but there are over 100 pages so I can't read through them all. Does the cymbals add-on give RB2's drum track more depth (with 8 possible 'buttons') or are they simply an alternative to the 4 regular drum pads? In other words, when a green block is coming down, would hitting either the green drum or the green cymbal register the same input (both clearing the same green block)?[/quote]

I thought I read somewhere that during fills and freestyle mode the cymbals will work independently of the drum pads, in effect
giving you more combinations of notes. Not sure if true but it would be pretty cool.

[quote name='Access_Denied']So, anyone got the ACDC pack yet? How is it?[/QUOTE]

Picked it up this afternoon. I would have hesitated to pay full price, but was just given a Walmart gift card. This seemed like the perfect thing to use it on.

The show that these songs came from is really good. The recording is top notch and songs sound nearly identical to album versions. Biggest issue I have is that a few of the more popular songs (Highway to Hell being one that springs to mind) have long solo intros that will make it a bit awkward for party play. Also, on the album the song Jailbreak has a 15 minute break in the middle where the guitarist is just playing call and response with the crowd. That'll make some compelling game play.

One thing I found surprising is that when you enter the code to import songs to the hard drive, they are downloaded from XBox live rather than pulled off the disk like with the Rock Band 1 export. Seems like they have everything in place to just make this downloadable.

I am also interested to know what trade in value is if anyone has already traded it in.

Yeah, I hate paying full price for games, but I really want to export the songs to RB2. I'll call Gamestop to get the trade-in value.

Gamestop is offering........$9. Fcuk that. I'll buy it from someone for $10 and just not export the songs.

[quote name='Smiles Davis']Also, on the album the song Jailbreak has a 15 minute break in the middle where the guitarist is just playing call and response with the crowd. That'll make some compelling game play.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, shit. I was worried that would be in there untouched. Oh well, I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon anyway.

I'm going to pick it up next weekend, I think, after some of my eBay stuff sells. Might as well.

Are the codes for the free songs going out on Tuesday, or will they be out earlier?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Is any place renting the AC/DC game? hmmm[/quote]
It's a Walmart exclusive that apparently Gamestop and Blockbuster buy back.

Just got off the phone with my local Family Video, and they may end up sending an employee to Walmart to pick up a few coppies, but it depends on the manager's approval. Apparently they do this with some "blockbuster" exclusives as well, so we'll see.

Does the ACDC pack reside behind the glass case with the other games, or is it in a different section with ACDC merchandise?

[quote name='eastx']Does the ACDC pack reside behind the glass case with the other games, or is it in a different section with ACDC merchandise?[/QUOTE]

I found it behind the glass. Did not see any ACDC merch or ads besides those cardboard covers that they put over the shoplift detectors by the door.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']They are simply alternates of the color pads. However I imagine fills can be a lot better considering the pads act only as toms.

So to answer your question exactly, if green is coming down you can hit either the green pad or the green cymbal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was about to consider getting the cymbals but I guess there's no reason to get them if I'm only going to play the game (I don't do freestyle).

So sorry if this has been asked before. But if there going to be a way to transfer the AC DC songs to Rock Band 2 ala the way we did with Rock Band 1?

[quote name='MSI Magus']So sorry if this has been asked before. But if there going to be a way to transfer the AC DC songs to Rock Band 2 ala the way we did with Rock Band 1?[/quote]
There is a one-time use code on the back of the instruction manual; it actually downloads online and not from the disc.

[quote name='Guerrilla']There is a one-time use code on the back of the instruction manual; it actually downloads online and not from the disc.[/QUOTE]

Smart move on their part. Makes people actually buy the game. Regardless, glad to hear this. Probally should be able to find the code on ebay for like $25 by Christmas.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Smart move on their part. Makes people actually buy the game. Regardless, glad to hear this. Probally should be able to find the code on ebay for like $25 by Christmas.[/quote]
The current reported TIVs are $9 to GS and $15 to BBV, which may make it worthwhile. I'm going to try BBV tomorrow afternoon to confirm it.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The current reported TIVs are $9 to GS and $15 to BBV, which may make it worthwhile. I'm going to try BBV tomorrow afternoon to confirm it.[/quote]

In that case, you would probably be better off sending it to GS. You'll get $12.60 with the 40% promo. The $2.40 doesn't really seem worth it when you factor in the time it'll take you to transfer those $15 in BBV credit to GS and getting closer to the $10,000 mark.

I've played through the whole disc twice now and love it. I'd say on the fun meter it is up there with the Who and Boston. So fun that 18 songs wasn't enough. They have such a large catalog of hits that I wanted a good 10-20 more tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back