RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KaneRobot']This doesn't really rate the DLC, but it does have a relatively accurate chart that shows how popular content is. Sadly it isn't updated anymore, but it has everything up through September of this year:

http://www.dlcstats.com/[/quote]

Cool, some of the songs I wanted to get are on that site.

Thanks!

Whenever I play the drums with a friend who is playing guitar I always do really shitty. When I play alone, with 3 people or a full band I always do fine though.

When playing with two people is the way the note charts are sized or whatever affecting their speed or distance between the notes and the way they run on the chart? I will straight up suck ass when there are two note charts on the screen. It's really irritating.

[quote name='seanr1221']Is your friend playing on an easier difficulty?[/quote]

One guy I play with plays on a lower difficulty but the other guy plays on expert with me.

In both instances though it's really awkward for me, and I end up suckin!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']One guy I play with plays on a lower difficulty but the other guy plays on expert with me.

In both instances though it's really awkward for me, and I end up suckin![/quote]
It could be because the person who plays on the lower diff is slowing down the bar ever so slightly to mess you up.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yup. When someone plays on an easier difficulty, all the note charts are slowed to that speed. It really throws me off sometimes.[/quote]
Yeah, I just found this out the other day. I hate it. :cry:

You can use http://www.myrockbandsongs.com/ to keep track of what you've bought and even keep a wishlist of tracks you want to get eventually.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yup. When someone plays on an easier difficulty, all the note charts are slowed to that speed. It really throws me off sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that they have some complex algorithm to come up with a speed somewhere in between the two. So if you have someone on Easy and someone on Expert, neither are playing at their true speed but somewhere in between. Not necessarily right down the middle though. It probably still skews towards the lower player.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yup. When someone plays on an easier difficulty, all the note charts are slowed to that speed. It really throws me off sometimes.[/QUOTE]What does this entail exactly? Are you actually playing less notes that way?

[quote name='BustaUppa']What does this entail exactly? Are you actually playing less notes that way?[/QUOTE]

No same notes. But they come at you slower than if you played by yourself.

Foo Fighters Three Pack coming next week Hey everybody,

So yesterday we announced that the Rockin' the Holidays three pack was coming out next week. But that won't be all! On Tuesday (December 23rd) on both PS3 and 360 we will also be releasing a Foo Fighters Pack!

Foo Fighters - “DOA”
Foo Fighters - “Times Like These”
Foo Fighters - “This Is A Call”

The Foo Fighters’ tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

Feel free to discuss this week's DLC in the official thread!

For all DLC song credits please go here.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine

[quote name='thrustbucket']No same notes. But they come at you slower than if you played by yourself.[/QUOTE]So basically just the scrolling thing in the background changes? Well that's no biggie IMO.

[quote name='BustaUppa']So basically just the scrolling thing in the background changes? Well that's no biggie IMO.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. But then again, anyone can pass expert if it's slow enough.

I have RB2, ACDC and 20 song track pack codes for sale, I had them for the 360 and someone bought them from me off here, pm me if you are interested. thanks

[quote name='Corvin']You can use http://www.myrockbandsongs.com/ to keep track of what you've bought and even keep a wishlist of tracks you want to get eventually.

I thought I read that they have some complex algorithm to come up with a speed somewhere in between the two. So if you have someone on Easy and someone on Expert, neither are playing at their true speed but somewhere in between. Not necessarily right down the middle though. It probably still skews towards the lower player.[/quote]

Hmm that is interesting, I thought it was merely just based on a score algorithm, rather than changing the speed.

I have RB2, ACDC and 20 song track pack codes for sale, I had them for the 360 and someone bought them from me off here, pm me if you are interested. thanks

[quote name='thrustbucket']Wow, more Foo Fighters less than a month after a full album release?

Weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is very strange. I'll pick up "This Is A Call" but why not release something else? Well at least they are releasing something besides the xmas songs.

If it was xmas songs only that would have been really lame.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Maybe. But then again, anyone can pass expert if it's slow enough.[/quote]

Playing with people on lower difficulty levels is awful on hard songs. If you play anything with a hard solo in it all it will look like is a complete wall of chords. You need that chart moving at a decent speed so everything is spaced out so you can at least interpret what to play.

[quote name='TrenoV']Playing with people on lower difficulty levels is awful on hard songs. If you play anything with a hard solo in it all it will look like is a complete wall of chords. You need that chart moving at a decent speed so everything is spaced out so you can at least interpret what to play.[/quote]
If your playing on Hard why not just bump to expert. Its a little faster maybe a few more notes but overall easier imo

def getting times like these....love that song.

Only one other Foo Fighters song that I really want - "pretender"

While you may be buying some of the Foo Fighters song off that pack, still...more Foo Fighters? Is Harmonix running our of shit or something? Honestly, after this we never need to see another Foo Fighters' song released as DLC.

I think some bands just really support RB and are easy to work with and Harmonix enjoys dealing with them so you end up seeing more content from them. Foo Fighters, NIN, RHCP, to name a few.

Can someone tell me what their rock band 2 guitar looks like if they bought the bundle?

Mine is black and white. I'm looking at the Instrument Compatibility Matrix on Joystiq, and it looks like the guitar they show for RB2 is brown and white?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone tell me what their rock band 2 guitar looks like if they bought the bundle?

Mine is black and white. I'm looking at the Instrument Compatibility Matrix on Joystiq, and it looks like the guitar they show for RB2 is brown and white?[/quote]

RB2 bundle comes with black/white, standalone RB2 guitar comes with brown/white.

The RB2 guitar is the "sunburst" strat, seen here:

rock_band_2_guitar.jpg

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone tell me what their rock band 2 guitar looks like if they bought the bundle?

Mine is black and white. I'm looking at the Instrument Compatibility Matrix on Joystiq, and it looks like the guitar they show for RB2 is brown and white?[/quote]

The original plan was for the RB2 bundle to come with the sunburst guitar. Even press copies of the bundle included it. The final retail version, however, reverted back to the standard black. The sunburst guitar is now only available as a separate purchase. A bit disappointing but not a big deal.

[quote name='wgpfly']If your playing on Hard why not just bump to expert. Its a little faster maybe a few more notes but overall easier imo[/quote]

I do play on Expert, some people I play with play on easier levels. I also play with breakneck speed on.

Can anyone give me any tips on keeping the drums in good shape?

I've heard things about using socks and whatnot, but when I tried it, the drums were not very responsive.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']While you may be buying some of the Foo Fighters song off that pack, still...more Foo Fighters? Is Harmonix running our of shit or something? Honestly, after this we never need to see another Foo Fighters' song released as DLC.[/quote]

Yep theyre running out of songs, not that some bands are easier to license than others or that the foo fighters are a very popular band.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Yep theyre running out of songs, not that some bands are easier to license than others or that the foo fighters are a very popular band.[/quote]

Honestly, do you really think I thought they were running out of songs? Jesus.

Sure they may be easier, but I don't think there is any reason for us to get a three pack of theirs after we just got a whole album.

I'm willing to bet there are hell of a lot more bands out there that are just as easy and easier to get into their game than the Foo Fighters. For some reason though they have served up more Foo Fighters.

It's not this three pack alone that is getting me wound up. It's that I want to see bands that have never been seen in RB or any Guitar Hero game for that matter put into the game.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes at Harmonix? All we can really do is assume. Maybe the FF pack was the only 3 pack ready at this time, maybe they didn't want to release 6 singles so they went with the 3 single and a 3 pack, maybe they just really

I know Harmonix brings out songs every week for Rock Band, but maybe, just maybe, they should start spacing that stuff out if it seems like they're running out of songs (Which I doubt they are). Maybe every other week. But what do I know. I haven't played RB2...yet. I'm guessing they're working hard on that Beetles game and are making this an afterthought for the time being.

Note: I've never actually played any peripheral based music game for more than 45 seconds, where I failed it :(

The timing of the Foo Fighters thing is odd, but I'll definitely be getting Times Like These. Makes me glad I didn't buy the album.
[quote name='Corvin']
bnl.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I appreciate this.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Can anyone give me any tips on keeping the drums in good shape?

I've heard things about using socks and whatnot, but when I tried it, the drums were not very responsive.[/quote]

I don't know any tips on keeping them in good shape, but i do know that the socks are not working because you might own an EL model drum which are less sensitive. More info below:
http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/04/08/how-to-identify-your-rock-band-drum-set/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back