Rockband 3 Keyboard Stand $3.97 Gamestop

I'm amazed at how much Rockband Drum sets sale for.

I have given away or taken to Goodwill a couple already. Apparently they are a gold mine

I have given away or taken to Goodwill a couple already. Apparently they are a gold mine
They were going for almost nothing not *too* long ago and then they just skyrocketed.

Also I see one of these stands is available nearby so I'll stop by and pick it up later. Thanks!

Would anyone recommend this for a midi keyboard(microkorg) or any portable keyboards for that matter? Having extras wouldn't hurt

Don't give to Goodwill, they have become the embodiment of evil! They market themselves as a non-profit community supporting company; when in reality they are completely for profit, put huge mark ups on items they get free or resell, cycle inventory during sales to reduce likelihood of high value items selling cheap while still bringing customers in, have an online auction house, and many locations have amazon and ebay accounts to maximize profits...

As convenient as it is, try and give away donations to true non-profits or even local thrift stores...not goodwill... They used to be a fantastic company, but over the years have become nothing more than a pawn shop that you doesn't pay you for their stock.

That rant aside, too bad the closest gamestop with a keyboard stand is like 20 miles away...not worth it for that far a drive...

There is one locally and I can even order online for in-store pickup… but do I really need this? It seems to be fine just to set the keyboard on the coffee table. And it would just be another thing to store somewhere. Still… Hmm.

Don't give to Goodwill, they have become the embodiment of evil! They market themselves as a non-profit community supporting company; when in reality they are completely for profit, put huge mark ups on items they get free or resell, cycle inventory during sales to reduce likelihood of high value items selling cheap while still bringing customers in, have an online auction house, and many locations have amazon and ebay accounts to maximize profits...

As convenient as it is, try and give away donations to true non-profits or even local thrift stores...not goodwill... They used to be a fantastic company, but over the years have become nothing more than a pawn shop that you doesn't pay you for their stock.

That rant aside, too bad the closest gamestop with a keyboard stand is like 20 miles away...not worth it for that far a drive...
Yea, I've found them selling games on eBay and was shocked by how much they're selling stuff for.

Agreed! Go to a local Salvation Army or call them and they will pick up large items like old furniture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I got the last one in the city at the GS close to my job on my lunch break. This thing is heavier than I expected...

There is one locally and I can even order online for in-store pickup… but do I really need this? It seems to be fine just to set the keyboard on the coffee table. And it would just be another thing to store somewhere. Still… Hmm.
Yeah, the keyboard even comes with a strap. Is the stand really needed? Maybe if you were actually going to use the keyboard at a concert or something.

Yeah, the keyboard even comes with a strap. Is the stand really needed? Maybe if you were actually going to use the keyboard at a concert or something.
It's sort of hard to play properly "keytar" style if you're doing pro keys... I usually set mine on the floor on its box and play (because I'm too lazy too disassemble my actual studio setup and adjust my real keyboard stand...haha). A stand would definitely come in handy, though, if you're doing pro keys and want to play properly without straining your wrists (or neck if you're looking up at the tv).

Agreed! Go to a local Salvation Army or call them and they will pick up large items like old furniture.
Somewhat off topic, but be aware, at least in my area, the Salvation Army won't climb any stairs for furniture donations, they will take items from the ground floor or garage/driveway only. If you live in an apartment, you are out of luck trying to donate your furniture with them.

And Goodwill pays their disabled employees below minimum wage, they exploit legal loopholes that allow this, if the employee is deemed to work at a slower pace than an able-bodied employee due to their disability. In some cases, they are literally paying pennies per hour to some workers, barely enough to cover even the bus fare to get to and from their homes to the Goodwill location. Goodwill is NOT a good company.

And back on topic, yes, people still play Rock Band, at least occasionally. It's a lot of fun at a tailgate party with a generator and a tv in the back of a truck. I speak from experience. :) I rarely play the keys, but if I can find a stand for under 4 bucks, I may bite on it. Thanks for posting, OP.

And Goodwill pays their disabled employees below minimum wage, they exploit legal loopholes that allow this, if the employee is deemed to work at a slower pace than an able-bodied employee due to their disability. In some cases, they are literally paying pennies per hour to some workers, barely enough to cover even the bus fare to get to and from their homes to the Goodwill location. Goodwill is NOT a good company.
Isn't that because the government pays majority of disabled (mentally or otherwise) people's wages? I thought I heard that before.

bread's done
Back