Rockstar Pass includes ALL LA Noire DLC - only 800 MS points for limited time

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!
The "Rockstar Pass" was released today on Xbox Live Marketplace and includes all the pre-order DLC exclusives like the cases "A Slip of the Tongue" (Walmart) and "The Naked City," (Gamestop) the suits "The Broderick" (Amazon) and "The Sharpshooter" (Best Buy) as well as the "Badge Pursuit Challenge" (Gamestop) from which you can unlock "The Button Man" suit. Also when the upcoming cases ("Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" and "Reefer Madness") come out they will be free to download for Rockstar Pass owners. It's 800 MS points ($10) until June 14 when it will increase to 960 points ($12). Cases (320 points or $4) and suits (80 points or $1) are also available to purchase separately. The PSN will have the same deal when it comes back online.

The "Chicago Piano Gun" is also available to download for FREE for everyone without having to buy the pass.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171540p1.html

Does anyone else really feel kind of bad for people who bought those pre-order DLC cases for like $35 each and the suits for around $15 each? Anyone going to buy this? I know I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ndawgdrake']In other words, people that pre-ordered it got screwed?

If you pre-order, you get one DLC bonus, but you will have to get the pass to get the other DLC bonus

If you wait for a 10 dollar price drop and you get the Rockstar pass, you get all the pre-order DLC[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol. Pretty much sounds like pre-order exclusive buyers got screwed in a sense.

Death to retailer-exclusive bonuses! fuck that shit!

[quote name='Zbornak']I saw the same ad for the pass, and apparently, they just worded it poorly. What they meant is that buying the pass for $10 gets you the DLC for a discount - $10 for everything as opposed to $20 if you bought everything separately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understand now what it meant, thanks. It is worded poorly.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I didn't see this posted, are there achievements associated with any of this dlc[/QUOTE]

Yes, check all of the acheivements for the 360 and you will see a few related to certain dlc.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Wait, I'm suddenly confused. It says buying it between May 17th and May 31st (today!?) gets the discount - was this even available until now?[/QUOTE]

I'm noticing this, too. The IGN Story says June 14, but my Dashboard says the deal is good until the end of today. The article is written by someone from IGN Xbox UK, maybe the promotion runs through different dates in Europe.

[quote name='URABAHN']I'm noticing this, too. The IGN Story says June 14, but my Dashboard says the deal is good until the end of today. The article is written by someone from IGN Xbox UK, maybe the promotion runs through different dates in Europe.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for the Xbox. But if you're on a PS3, the PSN Store is down, so we're boned! :applause:

EDIT: Settle down, children. Officially from Rockstar: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ng-la-noire-downloadable-content-details.html

Until June 14. And as someone mentioned, someone at Rockstar commented that all the DLC you is all that is planned.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You could have just written R* sucks or something. It would have been just as an effective trolling device instead of writing out this conspiracy theory.[/QUOTE]

No conspiracy theory.

This am the wording on the dash board was buying the pass would allow you to "buy all the LA Noire dlc at a discounted rate." So it was not clear if you were just buying a pass to get a larger discount on dlc or getting actual dlc with the pass. XBOX.com description was much clearer "The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following: The Broderick Detective Suit, The Sharpshooter Detective Suit, The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit, "The Naked City" Vice Case, "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case, "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case and "Reefer Madness" Vice Case. Individual items will become available to download when released."

Glad I sold my Naked City mission at launch for $20. I think the trend of pre-ordered perks is a timed thing at best. Sell that s*** quick.

The confusion with the Pass probably comes from the Rockstar moderator/employee in the comments saying it's for "pre-ordering" the DLC. I've checked other websites, and they use the word pre-ordering but mention you are getting the current existing DLC free and future DLC free later in the article. I guess they mean you are "pre-ordering" the future DLC with this $10 down but you still get what is out now.

So, $10 (or $15 if you decide to buy later) for what would cost waaaaaay more if bought separately. This is NOT a discount program. That's the point of the deal.

who thinks there will be a goty/"complete" version down the road?

I just sold my 360 version on glyde :D (want the ps3 version).

To clarify, all the DLC gets marked as "Already purchased" only after I downloaded it from the game itself after purchasing the pass from the website while at work.

[quote name='Newl']who thinks there will be a goty/"complete" version down the road?

I just sold my 360 version on glyde :D (want the ps3 version).[/QUOTE]

I'd say the chances are pretty damn good

[quote name='victimsofadown']Is there any benefit for the Rockstar pass related to other rockstar games, or is this a LA Noire exclusive?[/QUOTE]

It is just for L.A. Noire

So your getting 4 cases and 3 suits for 800pts?

so
320*4=1280
+
80*3=240

So 1520 worth for 800 points correct?

[quote name='MXRider']So your getting 4 cases and 3 suits for 800pts?

so
320*4=1280
+
80*3=240

So 1520 worth for 800 points correct?[/QUOTE]

1600 points is the total value. The Badge Pursuit challenge is 160, not 80.

[quote name='louiedog']1600 points is the total value. The Badge Pursuit challenge is 160, not 80.[/QUOTE]

Its 800 points and you get all the damn dlc, it's a discount either way so you are saving, so all you cheap ass gamers, go buy it and stop adding and subtracting your points.

[quote name='Jabrim']Its 800 points and you get all the damn dlc, it's a discount either way so you are saving, so all you cheap ass gamers, go buy it and stop adding and subtracting your points.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?

I have a few questions:

How long is each dlc case? Are they any good? Do they have any kind of replay value? For $10 I should get 10-20 hours of good gameplay, if you base the $10 off of a good $20 retail game.
I plan on waiting for L.A. Noire to get down to around $20. Do you think there could be a DoTW on this that would reduce the price past this 800 ms points mark?

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']I have a few questions:

How long is each dlc case? Are they any good? Do they have any kind of replay value? For $10 I should get 10-20 hours of good gameplay, if you base the $10 off of a good $20 retail game.
I plan on waiting for L.A. Noire to get down to around $20. Do you think there could be a DoTW on this that would reduce the price past this 800 ms points mark?[/QUOTE]

I really cannot think of any downloaded game on XBL with no multiplayer component that would give you 20 hours of single player value for 800 points (Maybe some older RPGs like Phantasy Star II). I might be wrong though. Think of it this way. I believe there are 21 (22 for PS3) cases in the retail version so at $59.99 you are paying about $2.86/case (2.73 for PS3). With the discounted DLC you are get 4 more cases at $2.50/ case plus the additional goodies. It may not be for everybody but R* is being fair with their DLC pricing on this.

[quote name='Shadowiii']I don't own LA Noire but I think I'll grab it. I'm really, really interested in this game.[/QUOTE]

Good call, game is really good. It's a very non traditional game but I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='Shadowiii']I don't own LA Noire but I think I'll grab it. I'm really, really interested in this game.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I totally hope Gamestop is selling the code for it though, there's nothing else I want that's 800 points :/

If you don't have the game how long are you going to wait to get it?

I mean are you willing top spend an extra 2.50 on the off chance that you'll both buy and play LA Noire before the Rockstar Pass goes on sale during a Live sale?

We've seen both FIFA and Madden passes go for 50% off, I'm waiting until I have the game before I buy the pass

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Same here, I totally hope Gamestop is selling the code for it though, there's nothing else I want that's 800 points :/[/QUOTE]
Its not like your points will expire though. i'm sure there will be something down the line you'd possibly want to buy

eh I just bought "a slip of the tongue" already had naked city and I don't care about the suits. I'll just buy the other 2 dlcs when they come out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its not like your points will expire though. i'm sure there will be something down the line you'd possibly want to buy[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, your points could lose a lot of their purchasing power if there's price inflation such as when downloadable games went from 800 to 1200 points and also when one year of xbox live went up $10 (although you can still get it at a similar price as before if you wait for a deal). They will not expire though, you're right.

Glad I sold my Piano Gun and Naked City code. Still have the negatives for the Naked City.

I have a $10 PSN card just sitting around. This sounds like the best thing to use it on.

Also really glad there is a company like Rockstar who does DLC the right way and prices it fairly. This is awesome cause they arent trying to nickel and dime everything.

Nice price, but I will not be tempted. Trading this POS game in as soon as I'm done tomorrow. (I realize I might be in the minority who found this game boring and as overrated as RDR was.)

[quote name='CaseX']Nice price, but I will not be tempted. Trading this POS game in as soon as I'm done tomorrow. (I realize I might be in the minority who found this game boring and as overrated as RDR was.)[/QUOTE]

You are completely correct, you are in the minority it seems.

[quote name='ZForce915']Those people deserve it. Overpaying for DLC the first couple of weeks after launch is ridiculous. It happened here, it happened with Mortal Kombat and it will keep happening because people are crazy stupid some times.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us CAGers would say "God bless those folks"

It makes buying a game on release day that much more cheaper.

[quote name='AEJustin1']eh I just bought "a slip of the tongue" already had naked city and I don't care about the suits. I'll just buy the other 2 dlcs when they come out.[/QUOTE]

So you want all 4 but would rather pay $12 instead of $10?

no I already have the naked city so I only need 3 of em, don't have a lot of points so I'm just getting slip of the tongue. It'll be the same price either way for me I guess, but no need to pay for naked city again since I got the pre order for it.

[quote name='CaseX']Nice price, but I will not be tempted. Trading this POS game in as soon as I'm done tomorrow. (I realize I might be in the minority who found this game boring and as overrated as RDR was.)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I can maybe understand why LA Noire is not your thing but RDR was a masterpiece of a game. Even if you never picked up the multiplayer, the single player experience has a bit of everything in it. Maybe you are just trying to stir the pot but for someone who thought RDR was overrated you did not waste anytime paying full retail for this game. Sounds to me you just have an axe to grind with R*.

[quote name='AEJustin1']no I already have the naked city so I only need 3 of em, don't have a lot of points so I'm just getting slip of the tongue. It'll be the same price either way for me I guess, but no need to pay for naked city again since I got the pre order for it.[/QUOTE]

$4/case * 3 = $12
Rockstar Pass = $10

yea my problem is not enough points and I want slip of the tongue now lol. So by the time the next one comes out I'll have money for more points.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Well, actually, your points could lose a lot of their purchasing power if there's price inflation such as when downloadable games went from 800 to 1200 points and also when one year of xbox live went up $10 (although you can still get it at a similar price as before if you wait for a deal). They will not expire though, you're right.[/QUOTE]
Nope, games never go up in price and anyone interested in money would never buy a subscription from the dash since you can get subs for 30 bucks since the price increase.

Your points only gain purchasing power because all the content is eventually going to go on sale

The more I think about this pass I sort of do not understand the thought process. If this is ALL the DLC they are going to have for the game then why not just price them at $2/case? I mean they say that the cases are worth $4/piece but if you act now they will take $10 for all of them. It is basically a way to get us to spend $2 on some suits and stuff. I am not complaining about the deal but rather the execution. If they really would only take $10 for all this stuff now then why not in 4 months? A smart used game buyer would still just buy this deal and wait for the game to get cheap to take advantage. I am just wondering if this is the future of DLC or if this is a one time thing.

bread's done
Back