Rockstar Pass includes ALL LA Noire DLC - only 800 MS points for limited time

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!
The "Rockstar Pass" was released today on Xbox Live Marketplace and includes all the pre-order DLC exclusives like the cases "A Slip of the Tongue" (Walmart) and "The Naked City," (Gamestop) the suits "The Broderick" (Amazon) and "The Sharpshooter" (Best Buy) as well as the "Badge Pursuit Challenge" (Gamestop) from which you can unlock "The Button Man" suit. Also when the upcoming cases ("Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" and "Reefer Madness") come out they will be free to download for Rockstar Pass owners. It's 800 MS points ($10) until June 14 when it will increase to 960 points ($12). Cases (320 points or $4) and suits (80 points or $1) are also available to purchase separately. The PSN will have the same deal when it comes back online.

The "Chicago Piano Gun" is also available to download for FREE for everyone without having to buy the pass.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171540p1.html

Does anyone else really feel kind of bad for people who bought those pre-order DLC cases for like $35 each and the suits for around $15 each? Anyone going to buy this? I know I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ather']Make sure your eBay auctions now list will mail code within 24hrs of receiving payment. Then you have a day with no worries.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I not only said as much, but did as much. In fact, I shipped literally within hours of the dude buying the suit. He bought at some asinine time like 2 am, I emailed the code @ 7 am.

In my case, the dude was just a d-bag, who couldn't wrap his brain around an out-of-my-hands type of situation. I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do about the market being down for maintenance lol.

My point being, you can't please everyone, even when you go out of your way to please everyone.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, should have sold my BB pre-order bonus as soon as I got it.[/QUOTE]

You snooze you lose brotha! But yea, really, next time take advantage of some eBay jerk. My new game pay for themselves anymore with preorder bonus sales. Of course, I would never shit on a CAG. ;)

[quote name='parkerlewis']Yeah, sounds about right. I was actually a little upset over the whole thing so I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who had that experience.

It also felt really good to take his $20 and buy the Rockstar Pass for $10 yesterday and enjoy the $10 left over. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yea fuck that guy. I let that shit roll off man, everyon is in such a stupid hurry these days. A guy like that deserves to be made to sweat. Also, for the record, if you ship to a paypal verified address or email address you are covered 100% so let the next d-bag whine to whoever will listen.

And yea, it puts a smile on my face when one game pays for the next, d-bags or no d-bags.

Hmm. Looks like I should go back and return my unopened copy of LA Noire back to GS, pick up this pass, and wait for a price drop. I didn't plan on getting the game right away but had some GS credit, and wanted those film negatives (yeah I'm a sucker for stuff like that sometimes). But if I can pay $10 to get ALL the preorder DLC, PLUS the future DLC, I may just give up on the film negatives and wait for a price drop. I have a healthy backlog anyways.

Ruahrc

[quote name='eugaet']Direct from R*:
Every response has always had the word 'planned', so that's the only thing giving me any hope. I'm praying for some unplanned DLC in the future.[/QUOTE]

I think it'd be safe to say if this sells well enough they will do more. It likely depends on sales to if they make a big expansion or not.

I'm not sure if I should wait for a GOTY. It's taking forever (if it's happening at all) for a Red Dead Redemption GOTY to happen. And the GTA IV collection only came out fairly recently. I also wonder if $10 now and finding the game for say $20-$30 in the future will be about the same amount for a GOTY copy.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I think it'd be safe to say if this sells well enough they will do more. It likely depends on sales to if they make a big expansion or not.[/QUOTE]

Still hoping for the "Undead Nightmare" LA Noire release :)

bread's done
Back