RPG Thread X will never be localized because you'd rather buy another generic FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zmonkay']Wow, had to google Nolan North's ATHF appearance. I would never have guessed it. Never saw the episode either, so I assume from one of the more recent seasons (haven't watched in the last couple years)

Also, welcome to fwbweux ! Glad to see some new blood in here... :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, that one is from one of the more recent seasons of the show.

[quote name='fwbweux']Chie bros unite. bv has been antagonizing me over my Chie favoritism for months and still hasn't been able to break me, hah.

And, uhh...I guess this is my first post in the RPG thread, so hey guys :lol:
[/QUOTE]
Chie 4 lyfe. Also, Persona avatars are mandatory for posting in this thread. You're so close, but not quite there. ;)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Chie 4 lyfe. Also, Persona avatars are mandatory for posting in this thread. You're so close, but not quite there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have to represent my other Otakon cosplay (but I'm also cosplaying female Teddie). :D So... maybe I'll switch it back again. :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']If we're talking strictly looks then it's Rise no contest, but my Chie favoritism is mostly rooted in the fact that she's the one I'd be most likely to get along with. (considering that the main character is a player self-insert I'm allowed to ponder these kind of things and it not be weird ;)) She's just one of the guys, for lack of a better phrase.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are YOU doing here? :bomb:

Rise > Yukiko >>>>>> Sewer sludge >>>>>>> E.Coli >>>>>>>> Chie

Also, considering that my Persona 4 protagonist is named after you, I can confirm that he prefers Yukiko as well. ;)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Chie 4 lyfe. Also, Persona avatars are mandatory for posting in this thread. You're so close, but not quite there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hank, Nippon Cornchip and I are above the law in these parts!

[quote name='bvharris']Rise > Yukiko >>>>>> Sewer sludge >>>>>>> E.Coli >>>>>>>> Chie[/QUOTE]
Oh my stars... I'm feeling a little faint... need to sit down... :cold:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Oh my stars... I'm feeling a little faint... need to sit down... :cold:[/QUOTE]

I will catch you, in one of these bastards:

f-4-ejection-seat.jpg

[quote name='bvharris']What the hell are YOU doing here? :bomb:

Rise > Yukiko >>>>>> Sewer sludge >>>>>>> E.Coli >>>>>>>> Chie

Also, considering that my Persona 4 protagonist is named after you, I can confirm that he prefers Yukiko as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

All that it takes for people with terrible opinions on P4 girls to prosper is for good men to do nothing. You really expected that I wouldn't come to bring balance to the force? :D

For the record, the correct order is as follows:

Chie > Rise = Naoto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mara >>>> cat vomit >> cyanide >>> Yukiko.

The resemblances between your P4 protagonist and me end at a shared name. Your protagonist is merely some sad virtual voodoo doll lead astray at every point in the game in a petty, spiteful, but ultimately ineffectual attempt to somehow undermine the refined appreciation that I have cultivated for Chie. Your continued insistence on pushing Yukiko on my P4 doppelganger only further vindicates my feelings of Chie superiority.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Chie 4 lyfe. Also, Persona avatars are mandatory for posting in this thread. You're so close, but not quite there.
icon_wink.gif
[/quote]

I've had P4 avatars all year until a few days ago, hah. bv's sad mockery has pushed me into returning to Chie avatar status now, though!

[quote name='fwbweux']
Your continued insistence on pushing Yukiko on my P4 doppelganger only further vindicates my feelings of Chie superiority.
[/QUOTE]

Try all you want, you can't cheapen their love. The social link is already maxed. Alea iacta est, as they say. ;)

[quote name='Jest']Grraah I wish I could remember P4. This thread is un-bear-able.[/QUOTE]

I gotta actually play the game again and try to beat it, I didn't make it that far last time... I'm mostly cosplaying Teddie
because he's cute. :oops:

Guys guys. I'm sorry BV is correct. Which by default means you are wrong. Besides your love for Chie is just an illusion. You know you are just a sidestep before she goes off to college, experiments, and realizes that only the touch of another woman is what she needs. (if they do a P4 Portable where you can be a girl, then you have a real chance)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Besides your love for Chie is just an illusion. You know you are just a sidestep before she goes off to college, experiments, and realizes that only the touch of another woman is what she needs. (if they do a P4 Portable where you can be a girl, then you have a real chance)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, can't deny that one... the subtext was pretty much all there in the conversation with Shadow Yukiko. :lol: What I'm not clear on, though, is how the prospect of lesbian experimentation with Yukiko makes Chie less hot...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, can't deny that one... the subtext was pretty much all there in the conversation with Shadow Yukiko. :lol: What I'm not clear on, though, is how the prospect of lesbian experimentation with Yukiko makes Chie less hot...[/QUOTE]

P5 - takes place in college instead of high school, and there will be "experimentation" (i.e. threesomes, etc). Also demon-forging and saving the world, yada yada yada.

PS: Chie FTW

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I feel so left out, because I haven't played a Persona game yet[/QUOTE]

Now is the time. You're in the RPG thread so I assume you have a PS2. Play Persona 4.

[quote name='backlash']p5 - takes place in college instead of high school, and there will be "experimentation" (i.e. Threesomes, etc). Also demon-forging and saving the world, yada yada yada.

Ps: Chie ftw[/quote]

P4:LES

capslock

[quote name='kainzero']i am a rise fan

since games are not real i prefer my girls as slutty and good looking as possible[/QUOTE]

This. Enough of the "Chie looks like she would understand me!" nonsense. Rise's hot. Her dungeon is all about her wanting to take off her clothes and be a slut. Chie doesn't even have a dungeon, do you know why? Because it would be BORING. :D

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whatevs. Even aside from the personality question, Chie's hotter than Rise anyway.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you like girls with perfectly round heads. Chie is the Karl Pilkington of JRPG girls.

Edit:
persona_4_chie.jpg
300_karlpilk07.jpg

Separated at birth?

So Rise is hotter physically and has a better personality from what I'm seeing. What else you got for Chie, beyond the fact she obviously cuts her own hair with a bowl?

chie's okay too

in my ideal world, why argue over who's better than who?
just find pictures with both of them doing dirty stuff to each other

[quote name='bvharris']Sure, if you like girls with perfectly round heads. Chie is the Karl Pilkington of JRPG girls.

Edit:
persona_4_chie.jpg
300_karlpilk07.jpg

Separated at birth?[/QUOTE]

Originally I was on Team Rise, but I think this had made me switch over to Chie's side.

[quote name='default_shepard']
Tell me that is not the "O Fortuna" of VG music.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know that One Winged Angel wants to be the O Fortuna of VG music, that much is obvious. I love Xenosaga's music though.

To me the greatest piece of FF music will always be Dancing Mad. I can't think of a piece of VG music which more perfectly fits a character. Someone posted this 4 or 5 RPG threads ago, but this article is a great analysis of the awesomeness of Dancing Mad.

[youtube]JbXVNKtmWnc[/youtube]

[quote name='kainzero']chie's okay too

in my ideal world, why argue over who's better than who?
just find pictures with both of them doing dirty stuff to each other[/QUOTE]

Again...I approve this message

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']If you can get up on Hanako I will play Persona 4 right now. Serious business[/QUOTE]

Dood, eatin' KFC (fried not grilled) cuggin' Dr. Pepper and poundin' that beast bareback would take JRPGs to a whole new level were WRPGs could never catch up with.

[quote name='Rodimus']Dood, eatin' KFC (fried not grilled) cuggin' Dr. Pepper and poundin' that beast bareback would take JRPGs to a whole new level were WRPGs could never catch up with.[/QUOTE]

Oh what the fuck, I approve this as well!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So Rise is hotter physically and has a better personality from what I'm seeing. What else you got for Chie, beyond the fact she obviously cuts her own hair with a bowl?[/QUOTE]

I do that too! We have so much in common.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So Rise is hotter physically and has a better personality from what I'm seeing. What else you got for Chie, beyond the fact she obviously cuts her own hair with a bowl?[/QUOTE]

But I like my girls to look like guys (Chie), my guys to look like girls (Teddie), and female robots just the way they are (Aegis). :hot:

[quote name='bvharris']Holy crap Catherine is good. That is all... I need to sleep before I play this game all night.[/QUOTE]

Catherine is good, but hard...I had to change my difficulty from Normal to Easy after Stage 3

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Finally done Castlevania...now do I start Catherine or finish up everything else I'm playing actively first?[/QUOTE]

I would start on Catherine, fantastic game, but what else are you playing right now?

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I would start on Catherine, fantastic game, but what else are you playing right now?[/QUOTE]

Record of Agarest War (on turn 43 of generation 1), Torchlight (Floor 16), and Final Fantasy IV: After Years. (Edge's Story)

[quote name='bvharris']Rise's hot. Her dungeon is all about her wanting to take off her clothes and be a slut.[/QUOTE]
You are right about one thing, the Marukyu Striptease is a ridiculously awesome dungeon. I feel like I'm going to contract an STD just from listening to the music.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Catherine is good, but hard...I had to change my difficulty from Normal to Easy after Stage 3[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I would start on Catherine, fantastic game, but what else are you playing right now?[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until I get to the part which took it from "good" to "fantastic" in 28 minutes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back