RPG Thread XI is pretending X-2 doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm sure most people here just thought "should I kill ashley because she's a bitch? or let her live because she has an ass?"
[/QUOTE]
This is exactly how I summed up this decision.

Sending Kaiden to his death was the easiest decision ever.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This is exactly how I summed up this decision.

Sending Kaiden to his death was the easiest decision ever.[/QUOTE]

Screw Kaiden, I like killing off pointless male characters in my western developed, published by Microsoft, exclusive to 360 game known by the name of Mass Effect

[quote name='panzerfaust']I want to choke this guy, mostly because he'll probably be the one writing the review next year.[/QUOTE]

Woah man!!! DON'T GO CRAZY ON US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='panzerfaust']What a fucking joke

I want to choke this guy, mostly because he'll probably be the one writing the review next year.[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't watch me play an evil playthrough of Fallout 3 then. Killing all the residents of Megaton is cruel in and of itself, but of course you can't murder the children - and I'd argue leaving them all alone in a town surrounded by dead bodies and nobody to care for them is even crueler. Especially once you blow the town up.

kefka_laugh_giant.gif

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm raging hard right now. I feel like I could go into my own Parrapa the Rapper track and just tear it up with all these intense feelings about RPGs.[/QUOTE]

PaRappa the Rapper isn't a RPG buddy ;)

[quote name='panzerfaust']It could be about RPGs though.

yo, check it
check it
fuck ign
[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with RPGs?

[quote name='panzerfaust']What a fucking joke
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I saw the trailer, I'm as excited about ME3 as the next guy, and I thought it was a nicely done little moment with the kid, but that writer needs to simmer down.

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

[quote name='icebeast']Let's be honest, Dancing Mad is superior to One Winged Angel.
[/QUOTE]
No diggety.

[quote name='whoknows']I know I'll trust that guy at IGN when he gives it a perfect or near perfect score.

ME3 is already GOTY.[/QUOTE]
The reviews for ME3 are going to be the biggest nonevent ever. "Game of forever," blah blah, "10/10," blah blah, "perfecter than perfect," blah. I just looked on Metacritic, ME2 has one professional review listed that comes in less than a 90 (and it uses the phrase "dumbed down" right there in the preview, therefore the word professional cannot truthfully be applied). Unless the game somehow kills your spouse and lights your house on fire when you play it, it's a lock for 90s across the board, and even in that case, probably mid to high 80s.

Can't say a AAA score for ME2 isn't deserved, I just wish reviewers had a bit more respect before whipping out 9.5+ for anything that's good these days.

"MOAR GLADOS!? WOAHHH 10/10!!"

whenever i read all the preview statements on metacritc, i feel like i just walked into a room full of all those video game nerds i hated in highschool.

Hell, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game ever and I'll probably be buried with my copy, but it sure is boring when the critics all agree with each other and have nothing to say about a game other than how perfect it is. Of course, I expect Jim Sterling to give ME3 a 6/10 just on principle. That should be entertaining at least.

[quote name='icebeast']Let's be honest, Dancing Mad is superior to One Winged Angel.
[/QUOTE]

Eh, debatable. Not debatable: Kefka > Sephiroth.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Every Final Fantasy Villian, including random Imps>Kuja[/QUOTE]
Seriously. Everyone who says that FF9 is a return to classic Final Fantasy before it became about androgynous pretty boys, anime stereotypes, and emo teen angst, I give you... Kuja.

[quote name='Kimura']I thought Kuja was a girl at first

AmanoKuja.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah so did I. Was'nt until Disc 2 or 3 I realized it was a guy when they used a "he" talking about him.

[quote name='Backlash']Eh, debatable. Not debatable: Kefka > Sephiroth.[/QUOTE]

Kefka is probably the greatest video RPG villain of all time. If I wasn't on my way out the door, I'd give 1000 words on why, though I'm sure most everyone already agrees with that. :D

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah so did I. Was'nt until Disc 2 or 3 I realized it was a guy when they used a "he" talking about him.[/QUOTE]

I was literally freaking out when I found out Kuja was a guy. Square really needs to start making their men look more...you know manly ;)

[quote name='Kimura']Square really needs to start making their men look more...you know manly ;)[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC to put a Marcus Fenix skin on Noel. I would buy that so hard.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC to put a Marcus Fenix skin on Noel. I would buy that so hard.[/QUOTE]

Totally.

I rather stare at a guy who takes steroids than a guy who looks like a fashion model on Bravo.

That's the problem/blessing with SNES games... You look at Kefka's actual concept art, and if he was a new character in Final Fantasy XIII with that outfit we'd all be deriding him as much as Kuja or anyone else. But those SNES sprites were the perfect level of evocativeness without really being very specific... so you could kind of imagine him looking like whatever you wanted, hence his badass image.

[quote name='Kimura']I was literally freaking out when I found out Kuja was a guy. Square really needs to start making their men look more...you know manly ;)[/QUOTE]

Old-Nier.jpg

I still think FF9 is probably the worst victim of male characters looking like females, I mean come on

ff9zidane.jpg

[quote name='Kimura']I still think FF9 is probably the worst victim of male characters looking like females, I mean come on

ff9zidane.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was never much of a fan of Zidane, even though I like FF9 (up until the ending which is awful). Garnet on the other hand, love that short hair. :hot:

[quote name='icebeast']I was never much of a fan of Zidane, even though I like FF9 (up until the ending which is awful). Garnet on the other hand, love that short hair. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Garnet :drool: :drool:

garnet1.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Garnet looks like a 9 year old. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Everyone in FF9 looks like a 9 year old :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Garnet looks like a 9 year old. :lol:[/QUOTE]

How old did Eiko and Vivi look then... 5? :lol:

Truth be told I mostly just like Garnet's hair, totally wish I had hair like that (I'm probably going to go dark again fairly soon, but probably only to brunette not to black), but my hair isn't nearly that long (it's close though).

[quote name='Kimura']Everyone in FF9 looks like a 9 year old :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Garnet looks like a 9 year old Rinoa.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']How old did Eiko and Vivi look then... 5? :lol:
[/QUOTE]
Agree, agree, and agree.

[quote name='Kimura']I was literally freaking out when I found out Kuja was a guy. [/QUOTE]
for real

i put my lotion right away after that

[quote name='Hell Monkey']FFIX for the pedophile RPGer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
images

But I always thought of FF9 as FF for kids, it was probably the easiest one I played

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back