RPG Thread XIX is getting a rhythm game spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about to get the ship (I assume - I have the letter of passage now). I think I'm about 16 hours in and I've been trying to do all the side quests.

The AI is total crap, though it mostly only affects the boss fights. It sucks when it should be a 2 v 1 but your partner dies right away, making the boss fight much harder and longer. :(
Shortly after unlocking the ship you finally get a command that allow your partners to defend. As you could imagine that makes boss fights way easier.

I've been playing a lot of Ragnarock Odyssey Ace on the Vita. I've been back and fort doing some co-op and might do some more when I get home. 

At the end of FF3… or I was, until the final boss killed me.
(This wasn't the fake boss fight where I was supposed to lose, either, but the one a bit later on.)

Now to go through that whole long segment again later, though I'll be doing a bit more grinding that next time.

I know the creators of this remake wanted to be faithful to the original FF3 and all, but the complete lack of in-dungeon save points is some serious bullshit.

Oh, and I'm also near the end of SMT: Strange Journey, though I'm not sure how near just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the creators of this remake wanted to be faithful to the original FF3 and all, but the complete lack of in-dungeon save points is some serious bullshit.
I sold the game after dying at the final battle and facing the prospect of doing the last dungeon over again from scratch. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Finally finished Ni No Kuni. I loved the game,but the last few hours just felt there to pad the game out more. The final form on the last boss was also bullshit; though this had more to do with a flaw with the game in which you lose you guard stance during the attack animation of the super moves. Other than some other flaws I thought it was excellent and gonna check out the post game content.

I just started Rainbow Moon on the Vita and I can't put it down. I think I got about 5 hours in. I'm in the second dungeon with the new companion. 

Hey, guys. Guys listen. Listen guys.

Divinity Original Sin.

I've only played like a couple hours.

But it's really good.

guys plz
Game is good. I beat it a couple weeks ago. Quite a long game too where I think I sunk 70 hours into it while co-oping with a friend.

Past that decision branch point in Every SMT Game Strange Journey that will pretty much determine what ending I'll get. Also, given that pretty much each new sector gets bigger and more complicated, I really wish I could take notes right on the map like in Etrian Odyssey.

But Cecil is SO dreamy. :drool: And I still think he's less emo than Squall (or at least has a more valid reason for hating himself).
Dreaminess quotient: Squall >>> Cecil

I believe I clarified this to you before ;)

I was all excited for Trails in the Sky on Steam, but... man, it really is slow to start off. Luckily the English script is delightful.

Dreaminess quotient: Squall >>> Cecil

I believe I clarified this to you before ;)
I think we have had this conversation before, haha.

Indignate speaks truthfully though, I always loved his paladin hair even back in the SNES days.

I'd like to ask where all the JRPG hunks have gone, because I haven't seen one (outside of Teddie who is at this point fairly old, always kind of funny to see the age range of the Persona fanbase increase without a lot of new fans (although the fighting games have generated a few) every year at conventions) that I've adored in a while, but then I think I'd first have to ask where all the amazing JRPGs have gone.

Got the Platinum for Ni No Kuni and moved on to The Witch and The Hundred Knight. It's pretty fun so far,but the biggest issues I have are that foliage will get in the way of the camera a lot which get annoying,and despite having a pretty long tutorial level it doesn't cover a bunch of the mechanics. Now one of the highlights is the soundtrack which is done by the composer of the Disgaea games it's excellent as usual.

I'm still going through Rainbow Moon on the Vita. I have 5 characters now and they are leveled up to 20. I need to do some more grinding. I might buy some more DLC later. 

awwwwwwww yeah!!!

happy belated birthday to one of the greatest people I know, one of the greatest gamers to ever game!

it's me.

JEKKI.

the 願い星 of video games himself!

and to celebrate, I finally shelled out the money to fix my PSP!

10598483_254345151431148_1442299151_n.jpg

only $30! what a good deal!

now I can finally play games again!!

Beat FF3 earlier this week, after grinding everyone up to level 60 prior to the final showdown. Luneth was around lv.90 on the Ranger job by that time, and he was a total monster. Best job in the game.

As for the game itself… meh.

Also got a bit closer to the end in SMT: Strange Journey. I beat
Zelenin
, finished a bunch of sidequests I'd been neglecting, and mapped out a bit more of the latest sector.

Finally, I started Legend of Dungeon today. It's kinda average for a roguelike and also kinda hipster. I also don't like how the leaderboards are set up (rather than having a weighted points system, amount of gold in your inventory is the only factor determining placement). It's no Dredmor, but it's still fun.

Hey, guys. Guys listen. Listen guys.

Divinity Original Sin.

I've only played like a couple hours.

But it's really good.

guys plz
It's too expensive for my blood. I mean I am a Steam Gamer, $9.99 or less.

Decided to start Dragon Quest IX because I needed a game I can play during my lunch break. I did not know Level-5 had any involvement with the game but it's pretty damn good so far. Best part is I got it for $10 at Big Lots new a few months ago.

Near the end of The Witch and The Hundred Knight. The game is really a mixed bag.NISA's inexperience with the genre really shows in this. The gameplay in general is decent,but it has so many other flaws that keep it down. The lack of explaining any of the mechanics is a huge issue(didn't know how to guard until about ten hours in). The enemy variety is made up of a lot of palette swaps which is pretty lazy on their part. The story which is done like Disgaea with it being told in episodes,but the biggest problem is it doesn't really have any charm that Disgaea plot and humor had. The plot does interesting later on,but it's so late in the game and it's such big info dump when it does.

The script seems like it was written by a 12 year old with most of the characters just being unlikeable assholes and swearing up a storm(though the character designs are great as usual). The highlight for me still is the soundtrack which is great. I do hope NISA will take what that learned from this and give this genre another shot at some point.

Just realized Ar nosurge is getting a Plus version on the Vita (saw preorders on Amiami). Makes the PS3 version a little more unappealing.

Started Crimson Shroud this evening; partly in the hopes that it's short enough so I can get through it before PAX. Pretty neat so far. It's so Matsuno as far as the writing and world goes, and a Sakimoto/Basiscape soundtrack's always a plus.

I put Rainbow Moon and hold for a bit and started Dragon's Crown. The game is great but I could do without the big boobie women. 

I think we have had this conversation before, haha.

Indignate speaks truthfully though, I always loved his paladin hair even back in the SNES days.

I'd like to ask where all the JRPG hunks have gone, because I haven't seen one (outside of Teddie who is at this point fairly old, always kind of funny to see the age range of the Persona fanbase increase without a lot of new fans (although the fighting games have generated a few) every year at conventions) that I've adored in a while, but then I think I'd first have to ask where all the amazing JRPGs have gone.
Hey I know this is really late but I have a pretty good excuse and I'd just like to point out that Xenoblade had a dude who was at his strongest when he was walking around in his underwear.

Decided to start Dragon Quest IX because I needed a game I can play during my lunch break. I did not know Level-5 had any involvement with the game but it's pretty damn good so far. Best part is I got it for $10 at Big Lots new a few months ago.
I was nervous about that game at first because of the slight change in direction, but I loved it and played the hell out of it. Maxed out so many of the jobs for my characters. And I spent WAY too much time post-game finding maps and killing dungeon bosses....

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... "New" 3DS just announced... with a Xenoblade port!  No US announcement as of yet, but holy shit balls!  I'd have preferred a WiiU "HD" port, but Xenoblade on the go... holy shit.

Also, Divinity: Original Sin is brilliant fun.  That is all.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... "New" 3DS just announced... with a Xenoblade port! No US announcement as of yet, but holy shit balls! I'd have preferred a WiiU "HD" port, but Xenoblade on the go... holy shit.
Dang... Nintendo bringin' the heat. I never played much Xenoblade but the option to have it on the go would be cool.

Greetings from PAX :wave: Just wanted to let you all know that Pillars of Eternity looks damned pretty in person.

There's also a cool-looking SRPG-esque game with a Super Sentai theme at the Indie Megabooth that I want to try and get some hands-on time with over the weekend.

Also went to the Sakaguchi signing :whee:

Really confused about the timing and purpose of the new 3DSes.
Same here, but then again, the DSi was a similar kind of move.

I'm pissed you can't play Xenoblade on the current system. The 3DS sold 30+ million. What about those people that currently has a 3DS/XL. Maybe I can find the Wii version at a cheaper price. 

I am mad that ... Nintendo isn't releasing this sooner.  I hate that I am going to be playing Fantasy Life, Pokemon, and Smash Bros on outdated hardware.

I'm a little bit into Chapter 5 of Tales of Xillia 2, and it's starting to get annoying that Ludger never talks. I don't like it. I feel he is sure to become one of the worst Tales characters simply for the fact he is not even a character at all.

Sure he says things like Ugh, ..., I..., uh, What?, Yeah, Heh, Sigh, etc. But when say Jude and Leia are having a nice conversation and Ludger interupts/contributes with "..." or "sigh", it's pretty lame. His battle victories are even worse with short grunts or nothing. No text dialog even in side quest situations where other party members talk to NPCs.

Rollo the cat talks more than Ludger.

Is it at least like Squall where he has long internal monologues about how miserable he is, and then when it's time to speak he just says "..." ?

Blue, make sure you go to that giantass Lichdom booth and tell them that the only reason why you bought the game was for the dope ass animations that maybe some guy named Ian worked on and whom should probably get a bonus or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back