RPG Thread XVI Supports Project Eternity's Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']Convince me to throw money at a project that has no gameplay footage...[/QUOTE]

This isn't "Ood School RPG" we're talking about.

[quote name='j-cart']Convince me to throw money at a project that has no gameplay footage...[/QUOTE]

You can have your name accredited in more games.

Is that a reward in this one?

[quote name='Indignate']Imagine how difficult it is to get 5 of a kind though.

Three hours too long difficult.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the "Poker" achievement? I actually got it in my 3rd or 4th dice game while playing someone in the first town's tavern. I shit you not.

Are you actually entitled to a physical copy of a game with all this kickstarting or are you just financing the proposed production of said game?

One recruit, three loyality missions then off to the Geth ship in ME 2. Hopefully then on to the Omega relay and the end game.

There are various tiers, but anything from $25 and up at least gets you a digital copy (Steam or GOG; your choice) of the game. There are tiers both physical and digital above that - boxed copies, extra downloads, collectors edition, a roiling excess of maps, t-shirts, soundtracks, strategy guides, artbooks, and other shit.

The $1000+ rewards are a bit... different, in that they let you design an item or an enemy encounter or an inn or shit like that.

I for one look forward to picking out which character portraits are based on nerds with way too much money.

Also occasionally a $20 spot opens up as someone ups their pledge, so keep an eye on that if you're interested as that'll also give you a digital copy of the full game.

PE-TempleEntrance01-1920x1080.jpg

[quote name='keithp']Go awwayy, hater..

I REALLY hope they get enough for a stronghold.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, it is fake.

Like, all they said about it is, "Yeah, this is what we're aiming for."

It's obviously not a real screenshot.

I'm 14 hours in Tales of Graces but I just can't get into it. I don't like the battle system. It's too simple and I miss the old Artes system. The story is okay but predictable. This may be the first Tales game I'll be passing.

4RRSo.png

eTqDZ.png

I think they have about $60,000 on top of that in PayPal funds, putting us just $90,000 short of the NWN2-style stronghold stretch goal.

Kinda doubt they're gonna hit the $3.5 million stretch goal, though...

[quote name='The Crotch']To be fair, it is fake.

Like, all they said about it is, "Yeah, this is what we're aiming for."

It's obviously not a real screenshot.[/QUOTE]

It's real. It's pre-rendered exactly the same way as the old infinity engine games were (well not exactly, with modern technology and tools). You can even import it into the infinity engine (like any picture).

*What they're aiming for* means what quality and style they are aiming for.

They have expanded on this in comments and chats. There will also be an effect system in place and naturally the 3D objects/charachters.

Only if you donate to Project Eternity.

EDIT: $75,000 via PayPal, $2,940,000 via Kickstarter. Castle Suikoden stretch goal reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']God damn levelling is slow in Icewind Dale 2...[/QUOTE]

You playing, or watching the UStream?

[quote name='keithp']I think he took his sweet time rolling characters.[/QUOTE]Just checked back in, and he's just now hitting level 2 on his cleric and fighter...

[quote name='The Crotch']Just checked back in, and he's just now hitting level 2 on his cleric and fighter...[/QUOTE]

Yep, he took 20 and went and got lunch, then did 2 or 3 fetch quests and I think everyone gained a level now. I'm ready to see some combat.

I don't get these characters man. The first time Rinoa was in danger, Squall was more concerned with commanding the battle at hand but his party insisted that he stop being "heartless" and save her. Fine.

Next time she's in trouble -- lying in a coma and possibly dying -- Squall becomes very concerned. But now his party is insisting he pay attention to more important matters. "Other people's lives are at stake too, Squall."

This entire game is a giant inconsistency.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Good games bore me[/QUOTE]
One thing you can say about FF8, it may be a misfire but it is a fascinating misfire, especially when they could have easily played it safe and just made Final Fantasy VII Part 2, instead of experimenting all over the place.

It definitely has its own way of being extremely interesting, I hardly hate the game.

And yeah it's always been weird that Square insists on never sticking to what works. It's like they enjoy their jobs or something.

My least favorite Final Fantasy game has always been 9; there may be other FFs that I don't like very much but 9 is the only one that bores me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My least favorite Final Fantasy game has always been 9; there may be other FFs that I don't like very much but 9 is the only one that bores me.[/QUOTE]

Not praising 9, but have you tried 12?! The game auto-fights for you according to your macros, never have to press a button. The story is snooze boring, main character is null, the optional grinding is not fun, and I can't even remember who "the bad guy" was. People who like 12, must have never heard of or tried 11, hint: it's nearly the same game.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not praising 9, but have you tried 12?! The game auto-fights for you according to your macros, never have to press a button. The story is snooze boring, main character is null, the optional grinding is not fun, and I can't even remember who "the bad guy" was. People who like 12, must have never heard of or tried 11, hint: it's nearly the same game.[/QUOTE]

Funny that you ask... FF12 is my favorite in the series and probably my second favorite game of all time after Mass Effect 2. Guess it takes all kinds. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My least favorite Final Fantasy game has always been 9[/QUOTE][quote name='Ryuukishi']FF12 is my favorite in the series [/QUOTE]

Why are we so similar?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My least favorite Final Fantasy game has always been 9; there may be other FFs that I don't like very much but 9 is the only one that bores me.[/QUOTE]

I really liked 9 up until the rather terrible ending, personally it reminded me of playing the classic FF games when I was a kid (namely the first 3 that America got), the designs and just the general feel of the game and story was a great throwback.

Worst FF game for me is probably a close battle between 3 and 12, both didn't have stories which interested me at all. FF3 was just kind of this awkward first attempt at the job system which was actually made interesting in FFV and FFT, and FF12 just kind of rubbed me the wrong way I guess it was like here's a big open world, but don't bother exploring it because there isn't anything worth finding, all the treasure (even super weapons) are totally random and you're probably just going to end up wandering somewhere you shouldn't have anyways, just stick to where they tell you to go and only where they tell you to go. In my opinion DQ8 did a much better job of having a world that felt open and it had treasure worth exploring for and limited where you could go to mostly ensure that you didn't wander someplace you shouldn't have.

[quote name='icebeast']I really liked 9 up until the rather terrible ending, personally it reminded me of playing the classic FF games when I was a kid (namely the first 3 that America got), the designs and just the general feel of the game and story was a great throwback.[/QUOTE]

This is kind of the problem I had with it; or at least this is what didn't work for me. It all felt so calculated and airless and stiff. It's pretty much the only game in the number series that doesn't have any of its own inspiration to be different and do its own thing, on its own terms (for better or worse). To me that just sucked all the fun out.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not praising 9, but have you tried 12?! The game auto-fights for you according to your macros, never have to press a button. The story is snooze boring, main character is null, the optional grinding is not fun, and I can't even remember who "the bad guy" was. People who like 12, must have never heard of or tried 11, hint: it's nearly the same game.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the macro system in 12 is probably one of the best I've ever seen. Well, other than you have to actually buy macro options, which kinda sucked. But it was nice actually having a macro system that actually worked and you didn't have to micromanage all that much. You also don't have to use if you don't need it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Actually, the macro system in 12 is probably one of the best I've ever seen. Well, other than you have to actually buy macro options, which kinda sucked. But it was nice actually having a macro system that actually worked and you didn't have to micromanage all that much. You also don't have to use if you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, how can people complain about an option you can effectively turn off and aren't forced to use?

19 more backers and we get another level in the dungeon.

[quote name='keithp']Yep, how can people complain about an option you can effectively turn off and aren't forced to use?

19 more backers and we get another level in the dungeon.[/QUOTE]
Aaaaaand done.

Shit's gettin' deep, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back