Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='angrynoisefly']where is that $29.99 littlebigplanet karting available at? i had it preordered at gamestop but i think i'm gonna cancel if it is gonna be gonna half price on black friday, even though the gamestop exclusive preorder bonus is pretty temptedings...[/QUOTE]
Shopko. Just keep your preorder, get the bonus and if you manage to score a LBPK elsehwere for half price, return it to GS. I wouldnt open it though until you verify that the GS version doesnt have a different UPC

[quote name='Havok83']Shopko. Just keep your preorder, get the bonus and if you manage to score a LBPK elsehwere for half price, return it to GS. I wouldnt open it though until you verify that the GS version doesnt have a different UPC[/QUOTE]
are you sure that will work? don't they have a 7 day return policy or something? and if they see i got the preorders and wanted to return it won't they say something? gamestop can be pretty strict about that stuff sometimes.

[quote name='angrynoisefly']are you sure that will work? don't they have a 7 day return policy or something? and if they see i got the preorders and wanted to return it won't they say something? gamestop can be pretty strict about that stuff sometimes.[/QUOTE]
No its 30 days

[quote name='angrynoisefly']are you sure that will work? don't they have a 7 day return policy or something? and if they see i got the preorders and wanted to return it won't they say something? gamestop can be pretty strict about that stuff sometimes.[/QUOTE]

7 days are for pre-owned games.
If the game is still sealed you can return in 30 days.

[quote name='Fire2box']PS3/console exclusives are the only reason I own a PS3

uncharted
infamous
MGS4
Heavy Rain
GT5
RDR
then other stuff like Scott pilgrim, the Simpsons arcade game, etc. Stuff that's not on PC really.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you Scott Pilgrim, but The Simpson's is better on M.A.M.E. anyway and doesn't hold up regardless of where you play it now a day. None of the Konami brawlers do.

It is time for me to flip my 40gb ps3...actually, does this bundle out of stock immediately? I mean many people wait in the local game stop until it opened?

[quote name='ckc4043']It is time for me to flip my 40gb ps3...actually, does this bundle out of stock immediately? I mean many people wait in the local game stop until it opened?[/QUOTE]

It will depend where you are, because every place will be different. Apparently Microsoft will also be selling its 250GB X360 for $200 too...

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']sigh i just want a 160gb for $200 OR $250 with a $50 BBY GC[/QUOTE]
So why not get the BF bundle when it comes?

Man I hope they have deals for the first slim. Its a nicer bluray player for my set up. I dont like that top down tray, doesnt work with my set up.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']It will depend where you are, because every place will be different. Apparently Microsoft will also be selling its 250GB X360 for $200 too...[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. That means I supposed that I do not sleep at home on that day...I should sleep near the GameStop...

[quote name='Rosterking']Check amazon, 3rd party sellers have it for around $170.[/QUOTE]

I looked but it's only used consoles. Probably wouldn't trust a new one from 3rd party anyway

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']I looked but it's only used consoles. Probably wouldn't trust a new one from 3rd party anyway[/QUOTE]
Why would you want a new one for $40 more? I would take that $40 and take my chances. You could easily return them.

Oh no, I doubt I can pass this up LOL. I can either give it to my girlfriend, or have a second one for my room...

So, what's so bad about the Super-Slim? I really want this bundle since it's a great price and I really want to play both of those collections. I played Uncharted 1 back when it first came out at my grandpa's house once and fell in love with it.

[quote name='b3b0p']I'll give you Scott Pilgrim, but The Simpson's is better on M.A.M.E. anyway and doesn't hold up regardless of where you play it now a day. None of the Konami brawlers do.[/QUOTE]

I never tried to play it on M.A.M.E. before and I think the gameplay is clunky even while not online. but it was great to for it for free from PS+. Even Scott Pilgrim is clunky in it's movements. turning around, starting to run, etc.

Honestly river city rampage (on wii's VC) has better control then either SP or the simpson's arcade game on the PS3.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Does this contain the games or vouchers for d/l?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% positive but I assume the only voucher included is for Infamous: Festival of Blood which is not on the Infamous disc as far as I know.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']So, what's so bad about the Super-Slim? I really want this bundle since it's a great price and I really want to play both of those collections. I played Uncharted 1 back when it first came out at my grandpa's house once and fell in love with it.[/QUOTE]

To expand on upon the previous answer, I have one after owning an original phat model for 5 years & having close friends that own a Slim. Aside from having the top loading tray(I don't care either way, but at least with this setup there's no way I can wind up with another stuck disk), there's nothing else to complain about. Despite what some people will say, It's not any louder. It's much smaller & compact(even compared to the slim), and I've even noticed that load times seem slightly faster. I'm completely happy with mine and would recommend it to anyone.

Uncharted dual pack and Infamous collection? Plus cheaper and slim? What a great time to get in to buying a PS3. If I didn't already own one this would be the deal that made me get a PS3.

[quote name='SunCe177']I'm not 100% positive but I assume the only voucher included is for Infamous: Festival of Blood which is not on the Infamous disc as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

I would expect the dlc to be a voucher, but I meant , are the games actual discs or are they download vouchers, I.E. do you get the infamous and uncharted discs?

[quote name='Kovorkian']I would expect the dlc to be a voucher, but I meant , are the games actual discs or are they download vouchers, I.E. do you get the infamous and uncharted discs?[/QUOTE]

I own both collections and yes, each game is on it's own disc, except inFamous Festival of Blood, which is a voucher. I would be shocked if they turned the games into vouchers for the bundle, completely screwing those people that don't have high speed internet.

Wait, the super slim has a top loading tray? Not crazy about that. Not much room for a tray to pop open that way if I were to get this. Hmm.

[quote name='crunchewy']Wait, the super slim has a top loading tray? Not crazy about that. Not much room for a tray to pop open that way if I were to get this. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

It's not a flip-up tray like the slim PS2 - it opens by sliding it to the left

[quote name='crunchewy']Wait, the super slim has a top loading tray? Not crazy about that. Not much room for a tray to pop open that way if I were to get this. Hmm.[/QUOTE]
As mentioned above, the tray slides open (doesnt pop up)

Lots of videos on youtube that you can check out ("ps3 super slim unboxing")

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I own both collections and yes, each game is on it's own disc, except inFamous Festival of Blood, which is a voucher. I would be shocked if they turned the games into vouchers for the bundle, completely screwing those people that don't have high speed internet.[/QUOTE]

ps3 bundle for $200, with games that I would buy anyways, tempting, quite tempting

[quote name='kart007k']So, the rumor about Need for speed bundle is true? Any pics?[/QUOTE]
Wondering this as well, said to be bundled with ssx, which most of us got from BBY already...

[quote name='TooPoor']Wondering this as well, said to be bundled with ssx, which most of us got from BBY already...[/QUOTE]

That bundle was marked as a holiday bundle, not a BF one. If it comes out, expect to see it sometime in December...

[quote name='TwistedShade']Looks like Bestbuy is selling the bundle for 200$ to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I noted it on the OP.

Now I am waiting mainly for the Target, Walmart, and GameStop BF ads...

bread's done
Back