Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E-Z-B']So walmart is 160 GB while Best Buy and GameStop are 250 GB, according to their ads.[/QUOTE]
Probably a typo in the Walmart ad since super slim comes in 250gb and 500gb -- could be a small chance that Walmart might get a different bundle from Sony, but I doubt it

If you look at the ad the PS3 controller, 360 controller, 360 bundle have a blue circle next to them with "Only At Walmart" but the PS3 console doesnt so they should be getting the same bundle as other retailers
http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

Wheres the Gamestop BF ad?

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Amazon did sell the $200 BF bundle last year, but I believe it was done as a lightening deal, so there was a small window of time to actually buy it...[/QUOTE]
There was plenty of opportunities to buy it last year. Amazon had it for a while and other stores had it available for a longtime too.

I don't know about this one but I'm sure they'll have it for at least a lightning sale.

I'm more interested to see what they'll do with 360's.

Anyone confirmed that this new one is 32NM? I assume that's the point, but... Really 45NM's been REALLY good for these current gen consoles, but hey, 32...or 22 would be awesome-er!

[quote name='BetterToGive']There was plenty of opportunities to buy it last year. Amazon had it for a while and other stores had it available for a longtime too.

I don't know about this one but I'm sure they'll have it for at least a lightning sale.

I'm more interested to see what they'll do with 360's.[/QUOTE]

I think the price on the BF bundle did go up for any remaining bundles available in December...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Anyone confirmed that this new one is 32NM? I assume that's the point, but... Really 45NM's been REALLY good for these current gen consoles, but hey, 32...or 22 would be awesome-er![/QUOTE]

I did read from one source that apparently the superslim has the same dye size as the last PS3 Slim 3000 model 45nm/40nm for the CPU/GPU. I suspected this when the power requirements for the superslim was only 10W less than the 3000 slim...

My friends thinking about grabbing both this and a $200 360, it's probably a better bet to just go to Best Buy where they have both instead of trying to hit up Toys R Us first for the extra controller, right?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'm disappointed that Most Wanted/SSX bundle hasn't showed up in any of the ads. I was going to buy MW anyway.[/QUOTE]
Why not just get the infamous and uncharted bundle and buy most wanted separately for $25-$30? The infamous bundle has essentially 5 games(including infamous festival of blood). You can sell them if you don't want them and your total cost would still be at most $230.

Can I just say, I'd ritualistically murder a small child to never have to hear anyone talk about how ugly the super slims are again?

I'd play a console variant shaped like a piece of shit colored neon green if it was cheaper.

And you'd think any true "Cheapassgamer" would ascribe to a similar philosophy given how little what your console looks like matters.

[quote name='htz']Why not just get the infamous and uncharted bundle and buy most wanted separately for $25-$30? The infamous bundle has essentially 5 games(including infamous festival of blood). You can sell them if you don't want them and your total cost would still be at most $230.[/QUOTE]

True, but it's just that extra hassle of selling. And I did kind of want to give SSX a shot.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'm disappointed that Most Wanted/SSX bundle hasn't showed up in any of the ads. I was going to buy MW anyway.[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to see that bundle in the BF ads. That bundle you mentioned is a Holiday Bundle and will be available in December. Unlike the BF bundle, the Holiday Bundle isn't likely to be discounted...

Sheesh, the original slim 320 bundles are still $300 on amazon, and they come with crappier games. For the same price, Amazon offers the 500 gb super slim with ACIII.
I guess they think they can get rid of the older models w/o discounting, even though they still have a ton in stock.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']True, but it's just that extra hassle of selling. And I did kind of want to give SSX a shot.[/QUOTE]
Its like an extra 10-15 minutes to trade them into a store.

Any options for those of us who want the Slim and not the Super Slim? I'd like to try and get one on the cheap on BF. Not as worried about the included games since I've already played 3/5 they're offering.

Any chance they'd price match the SS deals with a Slim console?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']True, but it's just that extra hassle of selling. And I did kind of want to give SSX a shot.[/QUOTE]
You best give SSX a shot. Such a good game. I enjoyed it very much and it's up there for me with SSX 3. Yeah there are some things I didn't like about the game, but I'm happy that EA gave the series another shot when before they pretty much said they don't care about reviving it.

[quote name='Havok83']Its like an extra 10-15 minutes to trade them into a store.[/QUOTE]
Though for inFamous (Festival of Blood) he would have to find somebody to buy it cause I read that it's actually a DLC voucher. The rest would be on the disc games though. It's probably best for him to put them on craigslist.

[quote name='Jalopy']Any options for those of us who want the Slim and not the Super Slim? I'd like to try and get one on the cheap on BF. Not as worried about the included games since I've already played 3/5 they're offering.

Any chance they'd price match the SS deals with a Slim console?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. They only match exact items and since the games are in the box and not attached, it looks less likely. That and I'm not sure who would PM it anyways since not many places are up for PMing BF prices.

Thinking about getting a super slim bundle. I still have my 120 GB slim. With a full HDD and what appears to be longer loading times, I might want to upgrade. After I trade my slim into GS, it should only cost me about $130 for the system + 2 games I don't need so I can sell those and bring the cost under $100. Decisions, decisions

[quote name='Jalopy']Any options for those of us who want the Slim and not the Super Slim? I'd like to try and get one on the cheap on BF. Not as worried about the included games since I've already played 3/5 they're offering.

With the exception of GameStop, practically every store has had their BF ads posted and there aren't any Slim BF deals. Any deals that you might find would probably be store specific, because not every place have Slims in stock.

The BF PS3 bundle is the only one designated to sell for $200 for BF, and will likely go up in price afterward.

IMO GameStop may have a deal on a used PS3 Slims on BF, since they were very aggressive in acquiring them over the past month. But I think that will be about it...

You should probably remove the Rumor part form the title. Having the words rumor and confirmed together kinda seems contradictory

Here's an ok deal from Walmart: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331559

Someone on there also mentioned Sam's Club getting rid of their inventory @ $200 if you can find a local store with any in stock

[quote name='Josh5890']Thinking about getting a super slim bundle. I still have my 120 GB slim. With a full HDD and what appears to be longer loading times, I might want to upgrade. After I trade my slim into GS, it should only cost me about $130 for the system + 2 games I don't need so I can sell those and bring the cost under $100. Decisions, decisions[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that? Just get a new hard drive for the one you have already.

Maybe this was already mentioned on CAG, but I saw on SD earlier that this system can be pre-ordered on TRU.com. Shipping only (~$14) no store pick up. Shipping is high, but no standing in line I guess.

Was thinking about picking up one of these in the morning but I think I'll just order a new HDD for my current slim. I guess I'm just scared of it crapping out on me (though it hasn't given me any reason to assume so) before the PS4 comes out.

Or might just order a 500GB Momentus XT for my MBP, and then swap the 500gb I have currently into my ps3. Double the space for my PS3 and a Hybrid drive for my laptop.

EDIT: Went ahead and just ordered the Hybrid drive. Might consider ordering another one for my PS3

bread's done
Back