Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to order from Shopko -- mostly all major retailers and major websites will have some sort of PS3 bundle for $200

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Are these sales expected to be online as well or in store only?[/QUOTE]

They should be online as well. Sales start @ 9:00 PM, thanksgiving

Friend just bought a PS3 Super Slim and it runs amazingly well. I might end up buying it, but then again, there just might be even cheaper models on amazon.

[quote name='Rosterking']Friend just bought a PS3 Super Slim and it runs amazingly well. I might end up buying it, but then again, there just might be even cheaper models on amazon.[/QUOTE]
Not cheaper than $200.

Anyone think there is any slight chance of the Assassin's Creed 3 500gb Bundle being sold any less than $300 before Christmas? I Doubt it, but I saw Sony was selling it for $250 with some university account or something website a few days ago.

[quote name='SunCe177']Anyone think there is any slight chance of the Assassin's Creed 3 500gb Bundle being sold any less than $300 before Christmas? I Doubt it, but I saw Sony was selling it for $250 with some university account or something website a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping retailers have a deal on it for say $250, or make their own bundles with different games (or clearance out the existing slims for

[quote name='ghostman123']Wouldn't Target be the Midwest Target? I'm in Nebraska and we have both.[/QUOTE]

Yes target is the midwest target lol. It's HQ is in Minneapolis, MN. Bad analogy by that other poster.

If anyone here is looking for a 1 month PS+ code so they can take advantage of cloud save and transferring files, I have an extra that I'd trade for something.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']any rumors on a possible ps vita bundle? i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i haven't been impressed by what they've offered thus far (feb, madden bundle, etc.) the ac:liberations one looked cool, but it's still a bit too steep for me.[/QUOTE]

Just heard about the SSX/NFS: Most Wanted bundle.

I'd love to get that. My brother wants me to buy him a PS3, and I want Most Wanted, so that's a hell of a deal.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Just heard about the SSX/NFS: Most Wanted bundle.

I'd love to get that. My brother wants me to buy him a PS3, and I want Most Wanted, so that's a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]
Where'd you hear about it? How many gigs? I'd rather have that bundle than one with games I already owned and played over a year ago.

I hope other retailers have the bundle with other games so I can grab those, because I love the Uncharted and Infamous series, but there's no reason for me to own the bundled collections xD

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']any rumors on a possible ps vita bundle? i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i haven't been impressed by what they've offered thus far (feb, madden bundle, etc.) the ac:liberations one looked cool, but it's still a bit too steep for me.[/QUOTE]

I seen AAFES black friday ad have call of duty vita bundle for 199 says it has 69 dollars of extra in bundle normal price is 249

[quote name='gn2007']I seen AAFES black friday ad have call of duty vita bundle for 199 says it has 69 dollars of extra in bundle normal price is 249[/QUOTE]

I do expect to see similar deals from other retailers...

Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.

Does anyone know if GameStop will be selling these as sealed? Or will they be "opened sold as new?"

I'm not trying to fan the GameStop hate, I just don't buy there if I can help it as I prefer new over used, and ebay is my used game source, not Gamestop.

[quote name='donssword']Does anyone know if GameStop will be selling these as sealed? Or will they be "opened sold as new?"[/QUOTE]

I was not aware that Gamestop was opening systems before selling them.

Maybe in the hood they open them and place security tags in them? Not sure...

I would think they most people would be getting sealed systems.

[quote name='donssword']Does anyone know if GameStop will be selling these as sealed? Or will they be "opened sold as new?"

I'm not trying to fan the GameStop hate, I just don't buy there if I can help it as I prefer new over used, and ebay is my used game source, not Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you are talking about. I have never heard of Gamestop opening up new systems, there is no need to do this. In most instances they would be inclined to sell used systems, since they make more money that way...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't know what you are talking about. I have never heard of Gamestop opening up new systems, there is no need to do this. In most instances they would be inclined to sell used systems, since they make more money that way...[/QUOTE]
If you look at the unboxing PS3 videos you'll see the system comes in 2 boxes (the bundle info on the thin outer box and base PS3 info on the inner box)

What Sony does is that they make regular base PS3's and boxes -- when they have a bundle, they slip in extra bundle items into the base box and put a 2nd thin box over it from factory. Sony sometimes sends bundle items + thin outer boxes to some retailers so they can make their own bundles from base PS3 systems that they have in stock

Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony

Wow! Seems like a very good deal. Sad that i'll have to miss out on it. I can't afford anything this month.

Does anyone know if it's likely that this PS3 bundle or similar ones like it will be sold for this price through December?.... or is November pretty much it? Would really like to know.

[quote name='TheNephilim']Wow! Seems like a very good deal. Sad that i'll have to miss out on it. I can't afford anything this month.

Does anyone know if it's likely that this PS3 bundle or similar ones like it will be sold for this price through December?.... or is November pretty much it? Would really like to know.[/QUOTE]

If it was like last year, the $200 deal is for Black Friday only, or when these particular bundles sell out (which will be fairly quick). After that you may see some sales on PS3 hardware, but it probably won't be as good as Black Friday...

[quote name='InvaderZim']Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.[/QUOTE]

get the f'ck out of here you flame-baiting piece of sh't.

[quote name='TheNephilim']Wow! Seems like a very good deal. Sad that i'll have to miss out on it. I can't afford anything this month.

Does anyone know if it's likely that this PS3 bundle or similar ones like it will be sold for this price through December?.... or is November pretty much it? Would really like to know.[/QUOTE]
You'll probably see them on and off for $200-$230 until Xmas or maybe buy a PS3 and get a $xx gift card type of offers

Anyone know if last years ps3 bundle sold out fast at GameStop? I'm planning on going to microcenter first to pick up a cheap processor and en maybe go to GameStop to pick up this bundle.

[quote name='JaTaN']If you look at the unboxing PS3 videos you'll see the system comes in 2 boxes (the bundle info on the thin outer box and base PS3 info on the inner box)

What Sony does is that they make regular base PS3's and boxes -- when they have a bundle, they slip in extra bundle items into the base box and put a 2nd thin box over it from factory. Sony sometimes sends bundle items + thin outer boxes to some retailers so they can make their own bundles from base PS3 systems that they have in stock

Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony[/QUOTE]

From what I saw (in previous years), store specific bundles placed whatever exclusive game inside the box and simply put a sticker on the box that an extra game was included...

[quote name='JaTaN']You'll probably see them on and off for $200-$230 until Xmas or maybe buy a PS3 and get a $xx gift card type of offers[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have seen consoles sell for more than $20 off after Black Friday, but there will probably be discounts, just not as good as Black Friday...

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Anyone know if last years ps3 bundle sold out fast at GameStop? I'm planning on going to microcenter first to pick up a cheap processor and en maybe go to GameStop to pick up this bundle.[/QUOTE]

I know the GS my buddy manages only got 6 of the bundles last year and 50 people showed up at least for opening to try and get one.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.[/QUOTE]Huh? PS3 has vast library of quality exclusives and gets the same 3rd party support the 360 does.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did you miss the bold/underlined part? He said IF gaming is not your priority...[/QUOTE]

He pretty much insinuated the PS3's gaming library wasn't great and wasn't it's selling point. If he had said disregarding PS3's gaming library, this is a great media device,noone would have had to wonder.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.[/QUOTE]
Now I'm ashamed to admit I'm happy about the bundles because it would undermine my credentials as a gamer:bouncy:

[quote name='JaTaN']Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony[/QUOTE]

PS3 Slims? Sorry for the stupid question--I should have known better.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Anyone know if last years ps3 bundle sold out fast at GameStop? I'm planning on going to microcenter first to pick up a cheap processor and en maybe go to GameStop to pick up this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Last year the bundle was literally at every major retailer, so it was pretty easy to find at my local Gamestops. Having said that, they definitely didn't have a ton of them like Best Buy or Walmart did. It's not clear how many retailers will be getting the bundle this year as the two ads so far are 50/50 with Shopko getting it and AAFES not getting it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Last year the bundle was literally at every major retailer, so it was pretty easy to find at my local Gamestops. Having said that, they definitely didn't have a ton of them like Best Buy or Walmart did. It's not clear how many retailers will be getting the bundle this year as the two ads so far are 50/50 with Shopko getting it and AAFES not getting it.[/QUOTE]

The AAFES didn't carry the PS3 BF bundle last year either, so it isn't that surprising IMO. I do expect that all the other major retailers will...

[quote name='chelosera91']Can the memory be upgraded in the new 16GB model?[/QUOTE]

You can put a new hard drive in. Memory is not storage. Memory can not be upgraded.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Aww shucks, seeing as this is a Black Friday deal in Gamestop, it won't be online and the nearest one is 300 miles from me.[/QUOTE]

Do you live in outer space?

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Do you live in outer space?[/QUOTE]Yes, by assimilating into your culture with help playing your devices to populate and then conquer your planet without you knowing.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Aww shucks, seeing as this is a Black Friday deal in Gamestop, it won't be online and the nearest one is 300 miles from me.[/QUOTE]

This deal should be at every major US retailer. If it was like last year stores like Target, Walmart, Toys R US, and even Radio Shack should be carrying it...

[quote name='OllieBoy']Huh? PS3 has vast library of quality exclusives and gets the same 3rd party support the 360 does.[/QUOTE]

PS3/console exclusives are the only reason I own a PS3

uncharted
infamous
MGS4
Heavy Rain
GT5
RDR
then other stuff like Scott pilgrim, the Simpsons arcade game, etc. Stuff that's not on PC really.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']This deal should be at every major US retailer. If it was like last year stores like Target, Walmart, Toys R US, and even Radio Shack should be carrying it...[/QUOTE]
Nice, may go to Freddy's (Fred Meyer) or Walmart then if true.

Man, I wouldn't base AAFES for anything. This if nothing else would be one of the standard holiday sale variations: new PS3 superslim and 2 games. Some will mix and match with it, but that's the "holiday bundle." Which is basically the same as last year, which was everywhere.

I'm more interested in the system on its own. There's no reason why this or the slim shouldn't be $150. It'd basically be the same situation the 360 was in last year.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Yes, by assimilating into your culture with help playing your devices to populate and then conquer your planet without you knowing.[/QUOTE]
Well if we'll never know you've conquered the planet go ahead and knock yourself out.

[quote name='Fire2box']PS3/console exclusives are the only reason I own a PS3

uncharted
infamous
MGS4
Heavy Rain
GT5
RDR
then other stuff like Scott pilgrim, the Simpsons arcade game, etc. Stuff that's not on PC really.[/QUOTE]

Same here. GoW, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, Yakuza, Genji. I even picked up HotD cause I hate wii. Got in on that Move bundle for $40 from NewEgg the other day. Gonna be playing Halo 4 for the foreseeable future though. I have around 280 Xbox 360 games now vs 21 PS3 and 8 or 10 Wii.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Man, I wouldn't base AAFES for anything. This if nothing else would be one of the standard holiday sale variations: new PS3 superslim and 2 games. Some will mix and match with it, but that's the "holiday bundle." Which is basically the same as last year, which was everywhere.

I'm more interested in the system on its own. There's no reason why this or the slim shouldn't be $150. It'd basically be the same situation the 360 was in last year.[/QUOTE]

I just mentioned this in another thread, lol. It's the main area where Sony fails this generation. Instead of dropping the price they'd rather throw in games or a beefed up HDD. The average gamer, or average parent could care less about all the extra crap, they just want the cheapest option. Sony could really make up some headway and do great this Holiday season if they'd just sell a bare-bones model like the 5GB 360 for around the price you mentioned. It's perplexing.

Last edited by a moderator:
where is that $29.99 littlebigplanet karting available at? i had it preordered at gamestop but i think i'm gonna cancel if it is gonna be gonna half price on black friday, even though the gamestop exclusive preorder bonus is pretty temptedings...

bread's done
Back