Saints Row 1 & 2 any editions with DLC?

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Total noob question regarding Saints Row series.

I just brought Saints Row the third full package and I have not play either of Saints Row 1 or 2.

(0) Are SR 1 & 2 worth (needed) playing before SR 3?

I see there is a Saints Row double pack, and a Saints Row double pack limited edition.

Questions:

(1) Is there any difference between the Saints Row double pack vs the limited edition, I only see the demo of SR3 on the image of the limited edition, is that all?

(2) I am assuming the double packs do not include the DLC, is that correct?

(3) Are there any versions of SR 1 or 2 that includes the DLC?

(4) If not, are the DLC worth the $$$ ?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Just skip straight to the Third. It's so much better that it's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

After watching reviews, that's what I am thinking exactly. Thanks for the reply!

I can't speak for the first game as I never played it, but you can skip the second in the sense that they aren't really continuous. A lot of the side characters in your gang are similar, but you won't really miss anything since SR3 takes place in a new city. That said, the second game is still worth playing and in some degrees like it over the third. (Though the third is probably better overall).

As for DLC, none of it is worth it's asking price as all of the missions are really short for the price that you're paying.

Skip the first one. It wasn't bad, but it had nothing that stood out. Second one had some fantastic side missions and more distractions in general. Third was just amazing, but yeah it just didn't have anywhere as many things to do as the second, but still a great game. Characters from the first do pop up, but they're definitely more prominent in the second game if you want some backstory before playing the third one.

As for the DLC, totally passable. Trouble With Clones in the third game was only one I thought was alright, but 2 had nothing worthwhile. That being said, if you can get The Third with all the DLC on the cheap then go for it.

None of the SR 2/3 DLC was noteworthy in any way as others have said. Unfortunately, you missed SR 3 The Full Package being on sale for $25 on BB.com (available for in-store pickup also) and Amazon yesterday.

I posted it in the official game thread.

[quote name='bardockkun']Skip the first one. It wasn't bad, but it had nothing that stood out. Second one had some fantastic side missions and more distractions in general. Third was just amazing, but yeah it just didn't have anywhere as many things to do as the second, but still a great game. Characters from the first do pop up, but they're definitely more prominent in the second game if you want some backstory before playing the third one.

As for the DLC, totally passable. Trouble With Clones in the third game was only one I thought was alright, but 2 had nothing worthwhile. That being said, if you can get The Third with all the DLC on the cheap then go for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought the second game is still worth playing. It was a bit rough around the edges and pretty glitchy at times, but in terms of stuff to do, it felt like there was a better variety in the third one. The third game is better overall though since it's more polished.

[quote name='Vinny']I thought the second game is still worth playing. It was a bit rough around the edges and pretty glitchy at times, but in terms of stuff to do, it felt like there was a better variety in the third one. The third game is better overall though since it's more polished.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I didn't mean to make it sound like I disliked 2 in anyway. I Enjoyed the hell out of it and LOVED it in co-op with my friend to the point where I beat it completely with two different friends. Playing FUZZ side missions with a friend is a blast and it makes the drug trafficing missions alot less frustrating.

Though 3 was way more polished and still my favorite in the series, 2 is the better co-op experience in my opinion.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Just skip straight to the Third. It's so much better that it's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

^ don't listen to this guy.. the 2 first games are good games and must be experienced.

The first game has no DLC, the 2nd game does (not really worth it), 3rd game also have dlc but also has a full pack edition.

I got all 3 for 50$ new sealed on ebay

I played 2 first as I got it for $2.97 at Goodwill and then bought 1 and played it afterwards. I don't think playing them out of order is really that noticable. The second seems almost as much of a remake as a sequel as there's more new characters. The third carries more characters over, though.

They're all fun, imo, although obviously I think they've all gotten better. As for the DLC, not sure if they're available on disc. I bought the clothes packs for the first, never bothered with the multiplayer to pick up the one map pack for $1 as I didn't care for it and I wasn't paying $5 for two cars. Apparently most/all of the SR1 stuff was removed from the market place. Again, nothing really of note if you can't get it.

As for the second, bought the two DLCs Ultor Exposed and Corporate Warfare. Not bad, but hardly worth the standard prices of $7 and $10. I got them on sale for half off each and still, not sure it was worth the $8.50.

Haven't played any of the SR3 DLC yet. It's in my backlog, bought on sale.

[quote name='viiral']^ don't listen to this guy.. the 2 first games are good games and must be experienced.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If you're not heavily backlogged, and/or enjoy GTA style games, and/or like getting points, play all three. The third is definitely the best, but tbere is nothing wrong with the first two - and it'll probably make you appreciate the third one even more if you play the others first.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Agreed. If you're not heavily backlogged, and/or enjoy GTA style games, and/or like getting points, play all three. The third is definitely the best, but tbere is nothing wrong with the first two - and it'll probably make you appreciate the third one even more if you play the others first.[/QUOTE]

have to agree with that; a friend of mine got me into the series about 2 years ago; and i played the first one for a little bit (till he got the 2nd from gamefly; then i gamestop'ed my copy of the first for the 2nd) but; after the 2nd it makes you appreciate the third; and gives you more fluidity per se when it comes to the story.

bread's done
Back