Saints Row Official Thread (New map available for download)

100% done, and I've gotten all the single player achievements.

I think I got 41 or so hours in, what an awesome awesome game.

*Ugh* the online achievements sure are a bitch.

I've been trying to get Kingpin in Big Ass Chains for the last couple of days and it's a lot harder than I imagined, probably because the first three skill tiers were so easy to get. The worst is when you get a laggy as fuck 8-player match where you can't do any damage to your opponents so you drop 50 places on the leaderboard. That stupid fucking wide open arena map doesn't help either.

[quote name='sanjuro']*Ugh* the online achievements sure are a bitch.

I've been trying to get Kingpin in Big Ass Chains for the last couple of days and it's a lot harder than I imagined, probably because the first three skill tiers were so easy to get. The worst is when you get a laggy as fuck 8-player match where you can't do any damage to your opponents so you drop 50 places on the leaderboard. That stupid fucking wide open arena map doesn't help either.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's why I'm waiting on the patch that is taking FOREVER to get here.

where was the $10 trade in deal? EB/GameStop? GameCrazy?

i got a couple cheap $15 360 games nhl 2k6/nba 2k6/ PDZ. would those games qualify?

I didn't trade any of my 360 games for it, my friend picked up an extra copy for his brother but he already got it so he said screw it and hooked me up with it for $10!

Question. If I use the code to get the hurse, put it in my garage, quit the game, then load it back up, will I be able to use it and bring it to the Chop Shop and have achievements activated? Its the only car I need and I can't find one anywhere.

[quote name='tcrash247']Question. If I use the code to get the hurse, put it in my garage, quit the game, then load it back up, will I be able to use it and bring it to the Chop Shop and have achievements activated? Its the only car I need and I can't find one anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that will work... but here is a way I found out, it might be a spoiler depending on what you've done in the game, so I'll tag it.

When you finish the Rollerz missions, if you call Eye for an Eye Voodoo you will get a "special" homie who drives the Reaper. Just take that to the chop shop.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't think that will work... but here is a way I found out, it might be a spoiler depending on what you've done in the game, so I'll tag it.

When you finish the Rollerz missions, if you call Eye for an Eye Voodoo you will get a "special" homie who drives the Reaper. Just take that to the chop shop.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten that far yet, but I'll concentrate on the Rollerz missions so I can get that. Thanks a bunch.

[quote name='tcrash247']I haven't gotten that far yet, but I'll concentrate on the Rollerz missions so I can get that. Thanks a bunch.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Also, just leave the Reaper on your HUD and do missions / drive around, you'll find it eventually.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm having a ton of trouble finding the Bullldog. Anyone have any idea's?[/QUOTE]
Like orntar said: Just finish the Carnales story-arch. Your homies will drive "tricked out" Bulldog's all over town.

[quote name='Brak']Like orntar said: Just finish the Carnales story-arch. Your homies will drive "tricked out" Bulldog's all over town.[/QUOTE]
Hmm thats the only story line I finished. I have the One Red special one but when I see my homies it looks like they are driving Nordbergs.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmm thats the only story line I finished. I have the One Red special one but when I see my homies it looks like they are driving Nordbergs.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... It must be the Vice Kings, then. I know it's not The Rollerz.

Other than that, I've never seen a Bulldog on the streets.

[quote name='Brak']Hmm... It must be the Vice Kings, then. I know it's not The Rollerz.

Other than that, I've never seen a Bulldog on the streets.[/QUOTE]Come to think of it. I always checked where they said to check. That area wasn't controlled by me. Maybe I need to take it over. I'll be playing a lot today so Hopefully I can find it.

I love how you see all of your hitman targets when you don't have the right weapon on you, but when you go get the weapon, that person cannot be found.

Yeah, I am looking at you, the fucker in the hotdog suit.

EDIT: Nevermind just found him and gave him a few extra grenades for my trouble.

[quote name='Brak']Like orntar said: Just finish the Carnales story-arch. Your homies will drive "tricked out" Bulldog's all over town.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think it's finishing the Carnales... the more territories you accquire gets your homies to drive better and better vehicles and have better guns.

I just finished the chop shop at the end of the game because they were all driving Bulldogs then. Never saw one any other time.

Also, go do the Hijacking at the airport, level 7 you get to hijack a bulldog. When you get it, cancel the mission, go to the forgive and forget to get rid of the cops, and drop it off.

Also, the Bulldog dosen't show up at Museum for some reason, I searched there for hours once and it never showed.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm having a ton of trouble finding the Bullldog. Anyone have any idea's?[/QUOTE]

Also you can borrow money from the loan sharks and never pay it off. The will eventally come for you in a bulldog,.

[quote name='Graystone']Also you can borrow money from the loan sharks and never pay it off. The will eventally come for you in a bulldog,.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I never knew that, the only time I borrowed with the loan office was for the achievement... I never really used money at all in the game, and when I did need it, it was very easy to get.

2qst6d4.jpg

Ok...? What are we looking at?

EDIT: I think it's the insurance fraud thing, but I can't really make it out. If it is, 7 mil is nice.

OK so I 'beat' the main story line, as in gaining control of 36/36 and defeating all 3 gangs, however:

(Don't read unless you've finished the game++)
I notice there is now a Saint's Row mission (mayor/bus thing) which it seems you need to complete to get Julius back. How many of these 3rd Street missions are there, and do you need to complete them all to see the 'real' ending? IE: I've heard about Troy and stuff, and the main story line ending doesnt show all that. I'm not sure I want to invest the time right now at least to beat all these extra missions (rather get on with beating some other games after playing this one exclusively), but to anyone who has done so - was it worth it, and how much longer did it take? Thanks.

It's worth it, there is 3 missions (the last one isn't even a mission) it takes like 15 minutes, I mean seriously why would you stop now?

You didn't beat the main story line because this stuff IS the main story line, still.

Ah ok, cool :) I shall get right back on it. I just wasnt wanting to get all involved with another several hours of playing after seeing the credits. Perfect length imo, almost starting to get burnt out on it, but not quite. Thanks for the info.

Right, it's taken care of :) Interesting ending...

The first set of credits kinda threw me a loop. Great game, maybe when I'm bored I'll go back and enjoy the activities :)

[quote name='Gojtron']Curious, weren't we supposed to see a content download by now?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask. It was supposed to "Sept. 15" IIRC

I have a really n00by question!

Ya'know how when you take over a new neighborhood, it says you earn "this much money" from it. Where do you get that money from?!

[quote name='d00k']I have a really n00by question!

Ya'know how when you take over a new neighborhood, it says you earn "this much money" from it. Where do you get that money from?!
[/QUOTE]
Your cribs. You probably only have one at the moment.You don't get the others 'til the end.

You get a new crib for each gang you completely takeover. At the start you just have a small attached house north west of the church - check your map.

[quote name='zewone']Your cribs. You probably only have one at the moment.You don't get the others 'til the end.[/quote]

I have 2, but there's only money in one of them. And it only goes up to 2 thousand dollars.

finally had the common sense to find the saint's row thread on cag

any cags play this online? (yeah lag is horrible but it's worth asking)
any cags looking to get rid of the demo disc?

pm if interested in either

Looks like I'll be playing online exculsively now...

I only have the last mission which really isn't even a mission to do

Still missing one fucking CD, and stole my first box which I don't feel like doing either, I guess I'll get the hostages and start the online then...

Well finally beat the game and some more, so I decided to finally try the multiplayer, Man was I dissapointed.

It seems every game is laggy, the whole matchmaking is implimented. Man and I thought ghost REcon was done pretty poorly, this is beyond that. The singleplayer game was fun but this multiplayer is pure ass. Talk about dissapointing. Multitheft Auto mod for GTA is even more fun and easier to connect.

http://developer.saintsrow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4498

Lets hope the changes they make can make a difference.

So how do I do the car theft stuff? I just did the first safe theft, which was a pain in the ass and saw the icon for the car in the corner. I'm guessing it's to steal a car right?

[quote name='DT778']has the online multiplayer been patched yet?[/QUOTE]

no, you will know when because you will get a message starting up the game.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So how do I do the car theft stuff? I just did the first safe theft, which was a pain in the ass and saw the icon for the car in the corner. I'm guessing it's to steal a car right?[/QUOTE]
No. I've only done one, but I believe it's that you can put the package in the trunk of a car and drive. So you don't have to walk slow as hell and you can shoot.

So when you take over a territory and it says you're making X amount of money per day, how do you obtain that money?

[quote name='Trakan']So when you take over a territory and it says you're making X amount of money per day, how do you obtain that money?[/quote] Answered a couple pages back, but go one of your 'cribs'. The first you have is northwest of the church. The money can be picked up there.

Is V-Sync tearing this bad for anyone else or is it my console? I'm getting headaches playing the game. Everytime I'm in a vehicle and make a handbrake/quick turn, I'll get massive tearing all over and it gives me such headaches.

tearing is a known "issue" but i dont think it bothers most people.

it may be worse on yours, mine doesnt bother me at all

So I just got the dirtiest glitch right now. I'm doing a Snatch mission and I was driving back to a brothel and the sound cut out and then I sitting in the air by myself as though I was in a car. I could shoot but I couldn't move the car, and it looks like I'm screwed, has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: It just froze. Now I'm pissed I did like 10 missions between my last save, how stupid.

Yeah, it happened to me before. Early on the game froze two or three times so after that I saved after every single completed activity and so I wouldn't have any problems.

bread's done
Back